76 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

🪑~~The Chair Discussion Thread~~💺, Office, Gaming, Ergonomic, Lazy Chairs

views

Beach_Boy
post Dec 30 2020, 02:04 PM

:D
8,453 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Dec 30 2020, 11:52 AM)
The Okamura looks nice but no headrest. sad.gif And it doesn't seem to be so adjustable from what I can see from the website.
WOW! They can even customise steelcase? I should just go to their S.Buloh factory maybe. So you just called them and ordered online or something?
yeap, that's what I'm gonna do after I settle my case first.  laugh.gif
Contessa II has headrest as an option
https://www.xtrafurniture.com/shop/product/...sa-black-frame/

not sure if you can go straight to zenpro's factory, they're made by steelcase Malaysia and not by zenpro.
zenpro themselves sells other types of office furniture, steelcase is part of their portfolio, go to their kelana jaya showroom and test the chair.

also if you go to Evis, get their footrest, it's quite worth it if you can get it at the promo price

TSmiyakochan89
post Dec 30 2020, 02:27 PM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(Beach_Boy @ Dec 30 2020, 02:04 PM)

not sure if you can go straight to zenpro's factory, they're made by steelcase Malaysia and not by zenpro.
zenpro themselves sells other types of office furniture, steelcase is part of their portfolio, go to their kelana jaya showroom and test the chair.

also if you go to Evis, get their footrest, it's quite worth it if you can get it at the promo price
You try it Evis before?
The footrest is attached to the chair? I don't want separate units.
metaloid
post Dec 30 2020, 02:50 PM

konpeko~
1,972 posts

gaming chairs are actually gimmicks..they just look great (even needing additional lumbar pillow for support lol). but the most comfy chairs are actually office chairs. The most famous being Herman miller Aeron chair and Humanscale which costs rm7k! other similar things are mostly copycats.
Relaxing work
post Dec 31 2020, 08:25 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(Archemedia @ Dec 30 2020, 11:36 AM)
have u went and tried alterseat dt 330? i feel like buyin that chair soon
Yes, Alterseat DT-330 looks great on their ads. And the price is affordable to me.
Hope anyone got experience this chair can share review.

TSmiyakochan89
post Jan 4 2021, 10:44 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(Beach_Boy @ Dec 30 2020, 02:04 PM)

Over the weekend i went to test this chair, really comfortable since everything is adjustable to suit your body.
Like you advised, i added the legrest cause I do watch shows while sitting on an office chair so having that option is going to be very comfortable.
Only issue is that they don't have stock for black right now and have to wait for 2~3 weeks. third week of January they said. cry.gif

user posted image
Emily Ratajkowski
post Jan 4 2021, 04:02 PM

Casual
423 posts

I'm surprised not a lot of people recommend okamura. Their chairs are herman miller standard but a bit cheaper coz it's less well known.
Beach_Boy
post Jan 6 2021, 04:24 PM

:D
8,453 posts

QUOTE(Emily Ratajkowski @ Jan 4 2021, 04:02 PM)
I'm surprised not a lot of people recommend okamura. Their chairs are herman miller standard but a bit cheaper coz it's less well known.
the contessa II's multi density foam seats are awesome smile.gif
dynamite_nmt
post Jan 12 2021, 11:05 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

Got a Merryfair Spinelli for about a week now, so far so good.
Love the mesh backrest and headrest.
TSmiyakochan89
post Jan 13 2021, 11:51 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(dynamite_nmt @ Jan 12 2021, 11:05 PM)
Got a Merryfair Spinelli for about a week now, so far so good.
Love the mesh backrest and headrest.
Can you share the designs and links? And maybe where you got it as well?
TSmiyakochan89
post Jan 13 2021, 11:57 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Jan 4 2021, 10:44 AM)
Over the weekend i went to test this chair, really comfortable since everything is adjustable to suit your body.
Like you advised, i added the legrest cause I do watch shows while sitting on an office chair so having that option is going to be very comfortable.
Only issue is that they don't have stock for black right now and have to wait for 2~3 weeks. third week of January they said.  cry.gif

user posted image
So my chair arrived. Evis ErgoPro.

Pros:
- Love the additional legrest, can cross my legs or just relax on the chair. however you have to pay RM300 extra for it.
- Free delivery and installation, services are good and quick delivery, easy to communicate with. Hopefully after sales services will be as good as well
- Like that everything is adjustable and the mesh seems sturdy and strong, really hope can last instead of sagging issues later
- Built seems solid overall, I could nitpick certain things but overall still quite satisfied with the products.
- Love that I can adjust the lumbar support tension and height. So that it doesn't seem obtrusive towards my back, and also since it's cushioned, it's pretty comfortable.

Cons:
- Quite overpriced I feel. hmm.gif I think this chair together with the leg rest should be priced at about RM1800, I think that would be fair for its quality. Evis Products are kinda expensive. If their after sales services are really good then I got nothing else to say but at the moment I do feel that it's slightly overpriced.
- The armrest adjustable height is kinda too high. Unless you are a very tall person with a longer body, I can't rest my arms at 90 degrees even when i adjust the armrest at its lowest. (I'm about 157CM) But that's because of my body structure, might suit others better. And if you are around my height, and with the standard desk height, I would safely say that you will definitely need a foot rest (got mine from Ikea long time ago).

This post has been edited by miyakochan89: Jan 13 2021, 11:59 AM
Zaszo
post Jan 13 2021, 12:53 PM

Getting Started
229 posts

QUOTE(vassilius @ Dec 28 2020, 03:52 PM)
i am considering the following three models:

1) Amoffice - Fennel Mesh Chair Highback - RM712
https://shopee.com.my/AM-Office-Fennel-Mesh...7639.3432016561

2) Alterseat - DT330 Prime - RM699
https://www.alterseat.com/products/dt-330

3) Merryfair - Anggun - RM660
https://merryfairstore.com/product/1/anggun

anyone can suggest me which one to go for?

thanks.
I was lucky that my company give me Merryfair Anggun as Christmas gift.

I love the mesh for the back.I dont feel hot even though my room only has fan.The build is great.But the lumbar support cant be locked. that was my only complaint.
louyeh
post Jan 13 2021, 01:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

https://www.bristol.com.my
https://store.bristol.com.my

Pros
- More attractive pricing if buy direct from them VS their online store. Price was inclusive of delivery for my single chair purchase.
- Semi customizable for Fabric colour and Seat (depending on models). Can mix and match colours.
- There's leather, removable fabric cover or bucket type.
- Uses cold cure foam for the seat. It has more support and material should last longer than the typical sponge. Sitting on sponge filled chairs will eventually have butt ache as it cannot support the body weight / sponge had deteriorated and is literally sitting on the chair's seat backing.
- Castors has protective cover so you can roll it across dirty floor and the Castors will need minimal cleaning prior to removing the covers at final destination.
- Chairs come fully assembled and wrapped in plastic cover.

Cons
- Long delivery lead time. I waited a good 4 weeks, it was within their promised delivery time though.
- Showroom available in Seri Kembangan. Am not sure if full range is available in their Penang / Singapore branch.
- Payment via bank transfer only when purchased directly at their HQ. I believe they accept payment via cheque. No credit card payment.

p/s I think Merryfair certain models was also using cold cure foam for the seats. Merryfair has a full range showroom too. Its all the way in Klang though.
dynamite_nmt
post Jan 13 2021, 06:17 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Jan 13 2021, 11:51 AM)
Can you share the designs and links? And maybe where you got it as well?
Can see from here http://www.merryfair.com/product/spinelly-2019/ and download the brochure as well.
I bought from Shopee because there was 20% off for one of the colorway.
dynamite_nmt
post Jan 13 2021, 08:09 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(Zaszo @ Jan 13 2021, 12:53 PM)

I love the mesh for the back.I dont feel hot even though my room only has fan.The build is great.But the lumbar support cant be locked. that was my only complaint.
Wah your company so nice wan rclxm9.gif
wyh
post Jan 13 2021, 09:08 PM

Regular
1,399 posts

any cheap affordable chair 100-200+?
James_Padfoot
post Jan 14 2021, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
187 posts

Hi all, just want to share - early December, I was deciding between an IKEA Markus vs Alterseat which was supposedly just as good and comfortable. I already have one Markus but the price different is about RM 250 so I thought, why not...

I bought the Alterseat and have been using it for a month now. Unfortunately, I wish I hadn't. It's not the most optimum chair, to be honest.

You can't adjust the back, only the height, and I'm not sure what human model they used but the result is that you can't sit flush and work normally. Also the mesh has a slight give as the backbone of the chair is pretty low, so its ergonomic support is questionable.

Another point is the material of the seat isn't actually comfortable despite being touted as smooth and silky. I had to layer it with a flat cushion, otherwise it feels prickly. Yeah, I'm not a happy camper considering I spent RM 330.

It's not a terrible chair ... but the long story short is, if I could re-do my decision, I'd buy the Markus again.

This post has been edited by James_Padfoot: Jan 14 2021, 10:29 AM
TSmiyakochan89
post Jan 14 2021, 10:42 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(James_Padfoot @ Jan 14 2021, 10:23 AM)
Hi all, just want to share - early December, I was deciding between an IKEA Markus vs Alterseat which was supposedly just as good and comfortable. I already have one Markus but the price different is about RM 250 so I thought, why not...

I bought the Alterseat and have been using it for a month now. Unfortunately, I wish I hadn't. It's not the most optimum chair, to be honest.

You can't adjust the back, only the height, and I'm not sure what human model they used but the result is that you can't sit flush and work normally. Also the mesh has a slight give as the backbone of the chair is pretty low, so its ergonomic support is questionable.

Another point is the material of the seat isn't actually comfortable despite being touted as smooth and silky. I had to layer it with a flat cushion, otherwise it feels prickly. Yeah, I'm not a happy camper considering I spent RM 330.

It's not a terrible chair ... but the long story short is, if I could re-do my decision, I'd buy the Markus again.
Which model did you buy from Alterseat?
James_Padfoot
post Jan 14 2021, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Jan 14 2021, 10:42 AM)
Which model did you buy from Alterseat?
user posted image
Relaxing work
post Jan 14 2021, 02:15 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(James_Padfoot @ Jan 14 2021, 11:08 AM)
user posted image
Thanks for sharing James
I was about to buy DT330 from Alterseat; but when I try to check out, the system prompt that they do not deliver to Kuantan. So I stopped at that.
DT-330 is their signature product.

Relaxing work
post Jan 14 2021, 02:47 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(Zaszo @ Jan 13 2021, 12:53 PM)

I read the manual for Merryfair Anggun: it says the Lumbar is adjustable 80mm height range.
When you say can't be locked, what do you mean? Is it a problem?

76 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:08 PM