Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple Homekit Discussion Thread, Your Home At Your Command

views

tcwan
post Dec 21 2021, 03:23 PM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(Feliex @ Dec 20 2021, 10:09 AM)
Hi, Boss want to asking if I already Apple TV 4K (1st generation) am I need to buy aqara hub as well or just use  Apple TV 4K (1st generation) homekit to control?
I plan to use aqara switch to manage my light, fan & auto gate, it is possible?

Any Sifu here can get me a suggestion/recommendation? I'm appreciate!
user posted image
To connect Aqara devices to Homekit, you will need the Aqara Hub.

Only AppleTV 4K (2021) with Thread-enabled devices can work without any extra hub.

Currently we don't have anything like that available in this part of the world.

This post has been edited by tcwan: Dec 21 2021, 03:23 PM
Feliex
post Dec 23 2021, 11:48 AM

Enthusiast
731 posts

QUOTE(tcwan @ Dec 21 2021, 03:23 PM)
To connect Aqara devices to Homekit, you will need the Aqara Hub.

Only AppleTV 4K (2021) with Thread-enabled devices can work without any extra hub.

Currently we don't have anything like that available in this part of the world.
Thanks, Man, btw Is 1 unit AQARA hub enough for my whole house?
tcwan
post Dec 23 2021, 04:10 PM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(Feliex @ Dec 23 2021, 11:48 AM)
Thanks, Man, btw Is 1 unit AQARA hub enough for my whole house?
Are you wall switches with neutral wire or without?

With-neutral wall switches can act as repeater to forward messages.
Without neutral cannot. Some newer devices like the camera can also act as repeater or hub (but limited support for sensors).

This is from the Aqara M1S Page (should be similar to M2)
1.This hub supports up to 32 Aqara devices.
2.If you want to add more Aqara devices, you can add an Aqara device that will act as a Zigbee repeater to the hub first, and then add further Aqara devices, extending functionality. After expansion, the hub can support up to 128 Zigbee accessories.
3. Among the products of the Aqara and Mi Home brands, the product powered by the neutral and live wires can act as a repeater, and the product powered by the live wire or by the battery is an end device. For instance, the Aqara AC Controller, Smart Plugs, Wall Outlet, Curtain Motors, Roller Shades and Wall Switches with Neutral are capable to act as repeaters and extend your network. Each repeater can extend to support 16 Aqara end devices.
The range depends on many factors. Most important is whether there are walls or partitions in between the hub and the devices. In my experience, at most the distance is 10 m for reliable connection without walls, less through walls (assuming no repeaters).

Oh, also be careful about the loading on the switches. High load like Heaters definitely not possible to connect to the smart switches. Each switch can only take 5-6 A max (best case, I don't use Aqara switches so I don't remember the spec).

Even analog fans (~100W) are not advisable due to the loading factor, but so far I've been using DC fans with my Terncy switches without any issues.
Your autogate will need some additional setup to make it work due to the motor requiring high current. Sorry I can't advise but I think someone may have posted before on this issue.

This post has been edited by tcwan: Dec 23 2021, 04:16 PM
Feliex
post Jan 14 2022, 10:19 AM

Enthusiast
731 posts

QUOTE(tcwan @ Dec 23 2021, 04:10 PM)
Are you wall switches with neutral wire or without?

With-neutral wall switches can act as repeater to forward messages.
Without neutral cannot. Some newer devices like the camera can also act as repeater or hub (but limited support for sensors).

This is from the Aqara M1S Page (should be similar to M2)
The range depends on many factors. Most important is whether there are walls or partitions in between the hub and the devices. In my experience, at most the distance is 10 m for reliable connection without walls, less through walls (assuming no repeaters).

Oh, also be careful about the loading on the switches. High load like Heaters definitely not possible to connect to the smart switches. Each switch can only take 5-6 A max (best case, I don't use Aqara switches so I don't remember the spec).

Even analog fans (~100W) are not advisable due to the loading factor, but so far I've been using DC fans with my Terncy switches without any issues.
Your autogate will need some additional setup to make it work due to the motor requiring high current. Sorry I can't advise but I think someone may have posted before on this issue.
I have been getting, hopefully not got burned and normal to use.

user posted image

all my Switch is including 1 fan (dc & ac) and eyeball (7watt & 8watt) with neutral wire all.

While Air-condition planning to take Sensibo air (since I have no idea now)

This post has been edited by Feliex: Jan 14 2022, 10:24 AM
Jasonjinct
post Mar 3 2022, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

Hi, is there any good security+Alarm+camera system that work with homekit?

jep
post Apr 12 2022, 03:33 PM

Regular
1,178 posts

QUOTE(Jasonjinct @ Mar 3 2022, 08:42 PM)
Hi, is there any good security+Alarm+camera system that work with homekit?
Try Aqara G2H Pro or G3...don't take the regular G2H as Alarm features not exposed to HomeKit..only G2H Pro or G3 have
vincent_ng86
post Sep 23 2022, 05:18 PM

Regular
1,658 posts

Hi guys,

I need help/guidance to configure my electric door as a smart garage door with the Home app (iOS).

Appreciate your guidance. Details here:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...#entry105442119
OrdernPay
post Oct 7 2022, 04:53 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

been searching for this but still confuse

when you guys use aqara app, do you sign in to aqara app or you use "homekit mode" in aqara app?

if you sign in to aqara app, would it be conflict in some way your aqara app automation vs home automation?
OrdernPay
post Oct 7 2022, 10:42 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

and also i check A100 zigbee and A100 pro they both having the same model?
ZNMS02ES

thought they should have 2 different model?

https://www.aqara.com/cn/Aqara-Smart-Door-Lock-A100-Pro_spec

https://www.aqara.com/en/product/smart-door-lock-a100-zigbee

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aqara/comments/usw...nd_a100_zigbee/

This post has been edited by OrdernPay: Oct 7 2022, 10:42 PM
spoonkin
post Nov 4 2022, 11:25 AM

The CF Man
1,460 posts

Hi, just wondering anyone installed the Logitech Circle View doorbell? Just want to ask review on it, as I cant find any review on it locally. Thanks
netbeans
post Nov 12 2022, 06:04 AM

On my way
630 posts

QUOTE(OrdernPay @ Oct 7 2022, 04:53 PM)
been searching for this but still confuse

when you guys use aqara app, do you sign in to aqara app or you use "homekit mode" in aqara app?

if you sign in to aqara app, would it be conflict in some way your aqara app automation vs home automation?
In my case, i login to add accessories, chk for firmware update, and set automation. Other than tht, i don’t use it.

As for automation, it works differently. Obviously Aqara app has some features tht are not exposed to Homekit. The Aqara motion sensor, for example, has an ambient/light sensor tht is not exposed to Homekit. So, if u want to switch on a lightbulb when a motion is detected and it is dark, Aqara app can do that. Home app won’t be able to detect ambient lighting condition (using Aqara motion sensor) so automation in Home app will turn on the lightbulb when motion is detected.

Hope my input above helps.
netbeans
post Nov 12 2022, 06:25 AM

On my way
630 posts

QUOTE(OrdernPay @ Oct 7 2022, 10:42 PM)
and also i check A100 zigbee and A100 pro they both having the same model?
ZNMS02ES

thought they should have 2 different model?

https://www.aqara.com/cn/Aqara-Smart-Door-Lock-A100-Pro_spec

https://www.aqara.com/en/product/smart-door-lock-a100-zigbee

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aqara/comments/usw...nd_a100_zigbee/
Hmm.. can’t comment much. My Aqara setup are all global versions, not the CN version. H1 switches, wired & wireless, wireless mini switch, tuneable lightbulb, G3 camera, g2h pro, m1s, and a fiew motion sensors, e1 curtain driver.

Now embarking on changing whole lighting to Nanoleaf
vez
post Nov 12 2022, 12:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,396 posts

new to smart home

i have Aqara E1 hub (free gift from A100 lock)

now my house got

1. E1 hub
2. A100 lock (bind to E1)
3. 1 gang D1 (bind to E1)
4. 2 gang D1 (bind to E1)

in Aqara app i can control on/off and see the status of devices (at home connected wifi or outside with cellular)

in homekit app can see as well, when i at home connected to wifi, no issue, but when i am away from my house using cellular, it show accessories offline in homekit app (aqara app no problem)
in fact, i use the iOS homekey to unlock A100 no problem

noob question here, is it i have to get homekit hub? sweat.gif so that my homekit app only can see accessories online
netbeans
post Nov 12 2022, 11:52 PM

On my way
630 posts

QUOTE(vez @ Nov 12 2022, 12:46 PM)
new to smart home

i have Aqara E1 hub (free gift from A100 lock)

now my house got

1. E1 hub
2. A100 lock (bind to E1)
3. 1 gang D1 (bind to E1)
4. 2 gang D1 (bind to E1)

in Aqara app i can control on/off and see the status of devices (at home connected wifi or outside with cellular)

in homekit app can see as well, when i at home connected to wifi, no issue, but when i am away from my house using cellular, it show accessories offline in homekit app (aqara app no problem)
in fact, i use the iOS homekey to unlock A100 no problem

noob question here, is it i have to get homekit hub? sweat.gif so that my homekit app only can see accessories online
Yes u need a hub for Home app. Any of these, Homepod Mini, Apple TV 4K, or iPad
vez
post Nov 13 2022, 12:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,396 posts

QUOTE(netbeans @ Nov 12 2022, 11:52 PM)
Yes u need a hub for Home app. Any of these, Homepod Mini, Apple TV 4K, or iPad
okay, thanks for the info, will wait for the new Apple TV to reach Malaysia biggrin.gif
netbeans
post Nov 14 2022, 02:55 AM

On my way
630 posts

QUOTE(vez @ Nov 13 2022, 12:06 PM)
okay, thanks for the info, will wait for the new Apple TV to reach Malaysia biggrin.gif
🫡
OrdernPay
post Nov 23 2022, 09:37 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(netbeans @ Nov 12 2022, 06:04 AM)
In my case, i login to add accessories, chk for firmware update, and set automation. Other than tht, i don’t use it.

As for automation, it works differently. Obviously Aqara app has some features tht are not exposed to Homekit. The Aqara motion sensor, for example, has an ambient/light sensor tht is not exposed to Homekit. So, if u want to switch on a lightbulb when a motion is detected and it is dark, Aqara app can do that. Home app won’t be able to detect ambient lighting condition (using Aqara motion sensor) so automation in Home app will turn on the lightbulb when motion is detected.

Hope my input above helps.
assume you talking about the P1 sensor? coz P1 only has light sensor?
ops.. just saw the comparison. both also got light sensor.. thanks
https://www.aqara.com/en/product/motion-sensor-p1

This post has been edited by OrdernPay: Nov 23 2022, 09:39 PM
netbeans
post Nov 29 2022, 01:14 AM

On my way
630 posts

QUOTE(OrdernPay @ Nov 23 2022, 09:37 PM)
assume you talking about the P1 sensor? coz P1 only has light sensor?
ops.. just saw the comparison. both also got light sensor.. thanks
https://www.aqara.com/en/product/motion-sensor-p1
Yes correct. Aqara motion sensor has motion detection & light sensor, but only motion sensor is exposed to homekit.

Similar to Aqara H1 switch (with neutral), in order to see the power consumption for each, u can see in Aqara app, but can’t see in Home app.

With tht said, all these extra features do not interfere in how the accessories should function.

My use cases are pretty simple and straightforward. To me, smarthome is all about automation. Alarm on phone stops, switch on light, play music, open curtain. Or when i open the bathroom door, light turns on. Or “Hey Siri, it’s movie night” will close the curtain, dim the lights, switch on TV, switches other lights off.

Hv fun exploring. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by netbeans: Nov 29 2022, 01:14 AM
netbeans
post Dec 4 2022, 02:01 AM

On my way
630 posts

Seeking assistance from sifu here. Anyone has experience using mmwave presence sensor? I’m thinking of going for Aqara FP1.

Not sure how to approach this. My Aqara hubs (M1S, G2H Pro, G2) are all global versions. FP1 on the other hand is only available for China server.

Question: Can they co-exist (Global & China) or I need to setup 1 of my hubs to China server?

celciuz
post Dec 9 2022, 07:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

I'm using DC Moto for my autogate, what would be the best way to do smart home connection?

I have a wired line which then can press the button so it opens and closes. The switch acts like inching... is D1 able to do inching?

12 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0259sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:20 PM