23 Pages « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sirius TV

views

Qash-M
post Mar 25 2021, 10:02 AM

#FreePalestine
5,955 posts

QUOTE(Fazrien97 @ Mar 25 2021, 09:12 AM)
I hope that the inhouse channel would be HEVC HD. 3-5mbps or HEVC SD at least 1-2Mbps. The pic quality Should par like astro right?
The pic quality Should've be better than astro one.
joshhd
post Mar 26 2021, 01:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

Sirius TV Test Broadcast
26 March 2021
Frequency: 12595MHz | Polarity: Horizontal | Symbol rate: 45000 | Satellite: SES-12 | Orbital Position: 95°E

Before you read further, do note that I am well aware that Sirius TV broadcasts is still on testing phase, therefore some technical hiccups here and there is expected.
The purpose of this review post is meant for those who "curious" and wants to keep up to date on the latest happenings before the official launch only.

Do refer to my previous reviews on their test broadcasts:
19 March 2021: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=100345185
23 March 2021: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=100390432
------------------------------------------------------

Good news if you are a fan of Japanese shows, because GEM is now in HD quality on Sirius TV. biggrin.gif Currently they're testing the video bitrate for this channel of between 5-7Mbps.
And also with all 4 subtitles language options (Traditional Chinese, Thai, Bahasa Indonesia, English). Here's how the channel look like:
user posted image user posted image user posted image

*click/tap image to view in high resolution

Outdoor Channel, still in the same HD quality bitrate of 4.4Mbps. Although it has 6 subtitle language options (Traditional Chinese, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, Malayalam, Bahasa Indonesia), but respective subtitle language is subject to availability of the particular programme. In simple words, not all programmes in Outdoor Channel has subtitles on all languages.

Tech Storm, with Traditional Chinese subtitles option selected.
user posted image
This screenshot is some "short video clip" aired during commercial break, where so happen that clip has a hard coded English subtitles, which is rare on Tech Storm channel.
And on top of that, Chinese subtitle appears during that short video clip, which explains both Chinese and English subtitle appears at the same time.
However, do note that only selected programmes in Tech Storm has the Traditional Chinese subtitle appear, especially in TV series.
Don't ask Sirius TV why, because they won't know why. If you want to why, ask the channel provider, Tech Storm. tongue.gif

I notice that the intermittent pixelation, video freeze or blackouts has been significantly reduced. The overall broadcast appears very much "stable" now.
And, they have removed the awful looking of "SIRIUS TV | TEST TRANSMISSION" indicator. tongue.gif

In conclusion, that's a great improvement, Sirius TV thumbsup.gif Of course, I'll still continue to monitor as usual.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Mar 26 2021, 01:51 AM
joshhd
post Mar 26 2021, 01:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

Oh, almost forgot...
The upcoming Malay in-house channel from Sirius TV, Seri, is just showing the looping animation video of this, with some background music Nothing much to see here.
user posted image
Btw, the channel is in SD quality 2Mbps.
surrodox2001
post Mar 26 2021, 01:51 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

Looks like sirius is using 4:3 style subtitles on GEM, i wonder why? Since most TVs nowadays is already 16:9. I assume its some kind of legacy compatibility like what Mediacorp did with their subtitles on Singapore DTT.
joshhd
post Mar 26 2021, 01:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(surrodox2001 @ Mar 26 2021, 01:51 AM)
Looks like sirius is using 4:3 style subtitles on GEM, i wonder why? Since most TVs nowadays is already 16:9. I assume its some kind of legacy compatibility like what Mediacorp did with their subtitles on Singapore DTT.

No, it's not like that.
Subtitle font and font size of the respective channel, is set by the channel provider, which is KC Global Media.
GEM, is the same TV provider company as ONE, AXN and Animax, which is now known as KC Global Media.
If you have Astro now at home, you tune to those channels, you will realise that the font and font size appears the same on those channels mentioned, including Malay, Traditional Chinese and English.

Sirius TV does not meddle with the subtitle styling provided by channel provider. Same goes to Astro.
They just "take it as it is".

This post has been edited by joshhd: Mar 26 2021, 01:57 AM
surrodox2001
post Mar 26 2021, 01:57 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

Yeah, why they use 4:3 subs in the first place though?
joshhd
post Mar 26 2021, 02:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(surrodox2001 @ Mar 26 2021, 01:57 AM)
Yeah, why they use 4:3 subs in the first place though?

Hmm... This one I'm not sure hmm.gif It could be something that the channel provider "overlooked"?

The impression I have is, as long the channel provider sees that the subtitle appears, then they usually would not bother much about the styling of the subtitle font and font size anymore.
Or it could be, they just continue using whatever preset settings available, which so happens that setting is in SD 4:3, so even when the broadcast has upgraded to HD, they didn't change the subtitle styling?

But seriously, not everyone are so particular about the subtitle font and size. sweat.gif
surrodox2001
post Mar 26 2021, 02:11 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

Yeah, they probably just left it there and let that be that, similar to like what Mediacorp did. But still, i think if the channel is HD widescreen from the get go (when the service started as a whole or in a new platform), the subs should be the same aspect ratio aswell (goes with GEM and Mediacorp).
joshhd
post Mar 26 2021, 01:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

I received an email from Sirius TV. You guys might wanna check your inbox or spam/junk folder as well.
Good day and greetings to our customers,

We are happy to announce that Sirius TV currently is undergoing our final phase of trial. As such, we would like to reconfirm your participation in our trial program.

Kindly be informed that you have to agree to do following in order to proceed with our trial program:

1. The customer is entitled to one year of free subscription with only installation payment to be made at the amount of RM90.00 direct to installer.

2. After the one year period ends, your subscription can be renewed through prepaid monthly payment at the price of RM20.00 per month.

3. The trial program date will commence as soon as your unit is installed.

4. For the participants of the trial program, the channels are gradually rolled out to the total of 15 channels, thus kindly be notified that you will not be getting the full channel broadcast right away. We have also attached the channel list for your reference.

5. Sirius has the rights to take footage of the installed unit and
related content for company usage which will be used internally and for third party endeavours.

6. This offer is valid until the 31th of March 2021. If no reply has been received by the said date, you are considered not interested in joining the program.

7. Sirius has the full right to change the terms for the program and will notify the involved participants.

If you agree with the mentioned terms and would like to proceed with the program, kindly reply this email with the following details for our team to contact you:

Full Name:
Current Address:
Email:
Phone Number:

Also, kindly be noted that by replying to this email with the required details, you are agreeing with the terms and are willingly participating in our trial program.

Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to working together with you in making Sirius TV a successful endeavour.

Best regards,

joshhd
post Mar 26 2021, 01:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

But there's no mention about the RM299... 🤔🤔🤔
It only mentions RM90 to be paid to the installer.

So I wonder, does trial participants have to pay RM299 or not?
Fazrien97
post Mar 26 2021, 03:24 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

user posted image

From thier old google survery in 2019
carte82
post Mar 28 2021, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

deleted, repeated post.

This post has been edited by carte82: Mar 30 2021, 01:05 PM
joshhd
post Mar 29 2021, 02:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(carte82 @ Mar 28 2021, 11:11 PM)
Got this email from Sirius TV few days back:

Uh yea... If you scroll up, you can see that I've mentioned the same thing on my previous post few days back sweat.gif
joshhd
post Mar 29 2021, 11:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

Sirius TV Test Broadcast
29 March 2021
Frequency: 12595MHz | Polarity: Horizontal | Symbol rate: 45000 | Satellite: SES-12 | Orbital Position: 95°E

Before you read further, do note that I am well aware that Sirius TV broadcasts is still on testing phase, therefore some technical hiccups here and there is expected.
The purpose of this review post is meant for those who "curious" and wants to keep up to date on the latest happenings before the official launch only.

26 March 2021: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=100417107
-----------------------------------------------------------

1) New channel is on air now, called Drama Channel
This channel seems meant for airing Indonesian TV series, without any subtitles available sweat.gif
user posted image user posted image
Note: Original SD resolution is in 720x576 (4:3 aspect ratio). Screenshot above has been stretched into 16:9 aspect ratio (1024x576).

2) The test broadcasts of Seri channel and Sirius News channel previously, appears "ceased" now (as if the channel has deleted or doesn't exist).

3) Some screenshots from GEM, Outdoor Channel and Tech Storm, with one of the few multilingual subtitles options selected:

doubleM2
post Mar 29 2021, 11:27 PM

On my way
508 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Mar 29 2021, 11:23 PM)
Sirius TV Test Broadcast
29 March 2021

1) New channel is on air now, called Drama Channel
This channel seems meant for airing Indonesian TV series, without any subtitles available  sweat.gif
user posted image    user posted image
Note: Original SD resolution is in 720x576 (4:3 aspect ratio). Screenshot above has been stretched into 16:9 aspect ratio (1024x576).

2) The test broadcasts of Seri channel and Sirius News channel previously, appears "ceased" now (as if the channel has deleted or doesn't exist).

3) Some screenshots from GEM, Outdoor Channel and Tech Storm, with one of the few multilingual subtitles options selected:

Fun fact: Drama Channel is part of MNC Channels Group, previously has its presence in Malaysia as MNC Channel (mainly a general entertainment channel) via Unifi TV until 2017.
Fazrien97
post Mar 31 2021, 11:56 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

BTW is SIRIUS have exclusive rights holder of GEM channel in malaysia?

This post has been edited by Fazrien97: Mar 31 2021, 11:57 AM
Feliex
post Apr 1 2021, 11:42 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Mar 22 2021, 11:53 AM)
user posted image
Hi Admin, I just hope your system can support PLEX TV (LIVE TV & DVR) system in the future!
https://support.plex.tv/articles/225877347-live-tv-dvr/
joshhd
post Apr 5 2021, 10:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

Sirius TV Test Broadcast
5 Apr 2021

29 March 2021: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=100453909

On 1 April 2021, 5 new channels are added, consists of 4 HD and 1 SD.
- FilmBox Arthouse (SD)
- Fightbox (HD)
- Gametoon (HD)
- DocuBox (HD)
- Fast & FunBox (HD)

Here are some of the screenshots:

Picture quality wise, like you see above, when there's isn't much movement/motion in that scene, you'd hardly notice video compression artifacts, and overall not bad.
But if there is fast motion scenes, then the video compression artifacts would look pretty obvious. I still find that the HD picture quality for GEM and Tech Storm is still the best among all of them tongue.gif

However, the availability to watch the TV channels appears inconsistent. Especially these 5 channels from SPI, it kept going either off air and on air again, or it will have lots of pixelation (like playing scratches DVD disc) till it is unwatchable. It's like, now you can watch this channel like normal, and then some of the channels appear black after some time, and vice versa. While other channels are fine most of the time.
When I record/capture the Transport Stream, Fightbox channel and Gametoon channel just appears as "black screen".
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Probably because they aware that the broadcasts of those channels aren't ready yet, or still "working in progress" of setting it up.

Like I said earlier, it's a test transmission. But their test broadcasts overall seems to be pretty problematic though... hmm.gif hmm.gif I wonder what's going on behind the scenes, cuz it's been quite some time already... sweat.gif

Anyhow, 5 new channels... Good progress la thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Apr 5 2021, 10:38 PM
Qash-M
post Apr 10 2021, 11:38 AM

#FreePalestine
5,955 posts

Looks like it's preping up.
SUSWobblyblob
post Apr 14 2021, 09:21 AM

On my way
680 posts

How many channels in total does Sirius Satellite TV have?

23 Pages « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0244sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:44 PM