views

joshhd
post Nov 6 2019, 01:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

user posted image
Source: https://www.facebook.com/Siriusmalaysia.tv/...133868351356193

Brief translation:
Sirius TV is still awaiting for the set-top-box Type Approval from SIRIM.
This delay was due to the switch of STB use from
H.265 HEVC T2 / S2 / Wifi
to
H.265 HEVC S2 / Wifi

MYTV does not approve to us to sell the STB model with T2 (DVB-T2) function. Hopefully, once it got approved, the STB and satellite dishes will be provided as soon as possible to the trials participants, as well as new signups that have made their payment.
Okay, so MYTV is not happy that the sales of their STB brand is not performing well as they would wanted it to be.

Just get another DVB-T2 box to receive digital TV channels...
joshhd
post Nov 7 2019, 12:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Nov 7 2019, 11:09 AM)
If the original decorder is approved...
Then we can watch digital TV too?? Besides Sirius TV?

The purpose of the S2+T2+WiFi model is meant for this purpose; watch both Sirius TV using satellite dish and MYTV channels using UHF antenna on the same Sirius TV set top box. That's the purpose of combo box.

But MYTV just somehow don't feel happy about it.
This MYTV Broadcasting also one kind... If they want to make business and earn lots of profit, they should do business in something else, like investing in stocks or something, rather than trying to make people's life harder to earn profit. Digital TV service is supposed to be a social responsibility, a service that serves the people and not mainly for profit purposes. But rich people, just wanna get richer. Haiz.
joshhd
post Nov 7 2019, 01:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(nag @ Nov 7 2019, 01:27 PM)
National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) of Thailand (equivalent to BOLEHland's MCMC), required ALL pay / cable tv operator 'must carry' local nationwide FTA terrestrial channels to give end user (home or business viewer)  conveniency of installation receiving apparatus; in other words, a single installaton no matter which pay TV of choices, viewer able to receive ALL DVB-T2 FTA channels via their pay TV platform.

In BolehLand, I don't know how the related authority draw their objectives, RTM Sprot HD and some other channels only viewable EXCLUSIVELY by their own platform (DVB-T2 or Asiasat 122'E), this resulted pay tv viewer, need to do additional installation for terrestrial or 122'E apparatus. Never think about rakyat in first place, PH or BN = 2x5, 5x2. just rebranding.

Another thing, ASO in BolehLand never having sufficient timing to educate public about ASO, the wording of 'siaran ujian' is even longer than ASO campaign. KRUAK of BN during that era to be blamed. He is the one in charge of transition of analog to digital TV transformation. At the end what's the achievement ? As a viewer, after PH take over MCMC, I am still very unsatisfied with the quality of DVB-T2 progress up to date. In my area, RTM mux is much more difficult to receive than Media Prima mux, possibilty of RTM mux using higher QAM as some said in social media. Technical team of respective division have to do something about it.

Both Mux 1 and Mux 2 (RTM) for MYTV uses 256QAM and uses the same technical parameters.

For me, the signal readings I got from both muxes are slightly different. Sometimes Mux 1 is higher a bit than Mux 2, and vice versa. That's for my case la. I use outdoor UHF antenna.

joshhd
post Dec 16 2019, 07:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

Finally after some time of silence, there's some update on how Sirius TV set-top-box looks like...
user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image

Source: Posted on a Facebook group by Mr Khairuddin Ab Rahman

So what you guys think?
Although I do wonder how about that Sirius TV DVB-S2+T2 combo set-top-box went to? I guess there'll be no more DVB-T2 combo box by Sirius TV then...
joshhd
post Jan 1 2020, 03:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Fazrien97 @ Dec 31 2019, 10:45 PM)
[attachmentid=10385900]

Woah share us some reviews...
Can watch TV channels already? Which frequency is it?
joshhd
post Jan 30 2020, 11:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Fazrien97 @ Jan 30 2020, 09:15 PM)
[attachmentid=10415957] Look like they got approved by sirim for decoder and dish

Now only got approved???
And, how about 802.11ac support? It doesn't support 5GHz WiFi connection? Oh man...

If anyone here already got their Sirius TV service installed, do give us a review here... biggrin.gif
joshhd
post Jun 24 2020, 09:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Fazrien97 @ Jun 24 2020, 09:02 PM)
[attachmentid=10522590]

Finally.... thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
joshhd
post Jul 4 2020, 11:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(skycrew @ Jul 4 2020, 04:34 PM)
last i heard they having issue with mcmc and also myfreeview

That one settled already.... (I think).

Last time Sirius TV plans to have a combo S2+T2 box, but MYTV seems like not so happy about it (maybe they wanna demand some money from Sirius TV?).
At the end they gave up the idea on offering combo box to customers, and will only offer the box that only has S2 function.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

joshhd
post Jul 22 2020, 10:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jul 22 2020, 10:30 PM)
user posted image
user posted image

Ok.

Yes... Sirius TV is being serious right now.
We'll just have to wait for the good news soon. biggrin.gif

But as usual la, don't put too high expectation just yet.
joshhd
post Jul 22 2020, 11:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(stasio @ Jul 22 2020, 11:12 PM)
Subscription....  Rm299 (1 year)
Channels......30

https://www.siriusmalaysia.tv/

That's why.
Don't put too high expectation...yet tongue.gif
joshhd
post Jul 30 2020, 12:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Wobblyblob @ Jul 29 2020, 11:43 PM)
Dont want Awesome TV to debut on Sirius TV. They should stay on MYTV Myfreeview platform making MYTV unique. I already have 2 Pensonic MYTV Myfreeview decoders installed in my house.

However I will get Sirius TV and pay RM20 per month after the launch. I heard it is a one time full lump sum charge for 1 or 2 years or something like that.

Sirius TV should further expand the channel range to 50 channels for RM30 and then maybe 100 channels for RM45 - RM50 in future. That will give Astro a run for its money and brake Assteruks monopoly.

That's up to the broadcaster also... Not just Sirius TV alone.
Things can be done as long they willing to pump in money. biggrin.gif
joshhd
post Oct 9 2020, 09:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Fazrien97 @ Oct 9 2020, 08:58 PM)
user posted image
What can be conclude???

It bundles with Apple TV, or Apple TV+ subscription?
joshhd
post Oct 9 2020, 09:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Fazrien97 @ Oct 9 2020, 09:45 PM)
The apple tv are maybe stock image. But the movie list are related to disney+ right?

Hmmm... hmm.gif
joshhd
post Nov 16 2020, 03:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(s@ni @ Nov 16 2020, 12:37 PM)
saw somebody discussed in astro thread, but upon google, their channel listing...is not so.... hmm.. interesting?

Yes. Most of the channel offerings on Sirius TV are those cheap and "not well known" TV channels, where Astro and Unifi TV don't provide to customers because they know most customers wouldn't watch it.

Astro and Unifi TV have acquired almost all well known premium pay TV channels out there, leaving barely a few remaining of channels where they think it wouldn't bring much value to both customers and themselves. Therefore those channels, are likely acquired by Sirius TV, or other future pay TV providers if any.

Pay TV service are no longer a very highly profitable business like those days anymore. The worldwide trend have shifted towards OTT video streaming services already.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Nov 16 2020, 03:41 PM
joshhd
post Jan 12 2021, 01:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Jan 11 2021, 11:39 PM)
Oh okay... TechStorm channel is coming to Sirius TV first 🤔
And on 21 January 2021, I suppose it is the official launch date? Hmmm.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔 Will see will see...
joshhd
post Jan 12 2021, 09:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Jan 12 2021, 02:13 PM)
Official Launch will be February but Trial will start end of this month.

But if MCO extends again, how does the installation would even made possible?

If technical visits is allowed in CMCO and RMCO regions only, then it means MCO regions wouldn't be able to enjoy the trial programme of Sirius TV then? hmm.gif
joshhd
post Jan 13 2021, 12:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Jan 13 2021, 12:39 AM)
True....we will start sending the Decoder+antenna to our sub warehouse , where the local installer will collect and install the set at the customers place. Our earliest customer would be Hotels and hospitals. This Jan/Feb period would be Percubaan period. Anyway we intend to open up our encryption system to allow ANY box with antenna pointing towards SES-12 at 95 degEast to receive our broadcast for free for 3 months.

Eh wait, is this from the official, official Sirius TV for real? shocking.gif
Oh okay... Hi biggrin.gif

Welcome to Lowyat Forum biggrin.gif

Anyway we intend to open up our encryption system to allow ANY box with antenna pointing towards SES-12 at 95 degEast to receive our broadcast for free for 3 months.
Mmmmm, I get what you mean laugh.gif
Once it happens, I will share some info and findings here for sure biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jan 13 2021, 12:46 AM
joshhd
post Jan 13 2021, 12:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

Sirius TVSince you're here, then I wanna ask...

So which are the national FTA channels to be available on your Sirius TV platform via satellite when it launches for the trial period? Is it still TV1, TV3 and 8TV only? Will it be in HD quality?
joshhd
post Jan 14 2021, 12:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Jan 13 2021, 08:16 PM)
Yes , the trial participants will be among the first to get their STB and the dish. Thank you for your patience and support. We will revert soon.

Hmmm... Considering that with this ongoing MCO and some would worry that customer or installer might get or already infected without knowing (touchwood), I was wondering would Sirius TV consider this option:

To offer an alternative option to customer to purchase Sirius TV online, and then courier/ship the STB to customer's house, and then let the customer decide whether to self-install everything and self-activate the box, or hire own nearby contractor to settle everything (including installing the dish, do the wiring job, box activation for the customer). Can provide "Quick Start Guide" booklet for customer.

Let's say if the customer (those handy ones) has satellite dish at home (like many of us here has) and can self align the dish and do the cabling all (example like me tongue.gif), then the customer can just self-activate the STB via online or IVR (interactive voice response).
In exchange, because the process doesn't involve workmanship from assigned Sirius TV installers, and just the shipping cost of the STB, I think the price of RM299 can be lower?
The customer shall only have the warranty for the STB, but no warranty for the installation then.
Afterwards, if the customer requires technical assistance on installation, they can contact customer service, and the technician may be able to charge them accordingly.

This is also helpful especially if the customer don't want anyone/technician to come to their house (afraid of the virus), and prefer to do everything by themselves, especially let's say the customer is aware that only the STB is faulty but the satellite dish and wiring all working fine.

Also, Sirius TV can consider open its online store (e.g. Shopee, Lazada) and sell satellite TV equipment to whoever interested to buy, such as Sirius TV box, satellite dish, LNB, RG6 cable, connectors, and so on.
This is also useful if the customer is interested to self install everything, and you guys can take it as a some side income from equipment purchases too. Or even, self collect equipment at service centres biggrin.gif

From Sirius TV's point of view, number of activated boxes and subscribers may increase faster as well hahahaha....
joshhd
post Jan 18 2021, 12:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Jan 13 2021, 02:52 AM)
We had confirmation recently from the govt that they have approved the broadcast of RTM 1 , RTM 2 , RTM News and RTM Sport. None of Media Prima's channel will be carried on Sirius TV Station. Our News channel Sirius Media ( English ) and Sirius Utama ( Malay ) are in HD while the rest of the channels are in SD. We have NHK , Outdoor Adventure , Seri , Home Shopping Bazaar , Al Hijrah , CNA , ABC , Smithsonian , Techstorm , Davinci Kids , etc. Paying just RM 299 , you will get the Decoder , Dish , Free Installation and Free Subscription for 12 months without any contract. You need to pay RM 20 per mth after the 12 mth free subscription and still without contract or reconnecting fees. Pay when you want to watch. Then wait for our second phase launch for our Android OTT + S2 box with legal license for apps such as youtube , google etc .

Wanna seek further clarification on this matter... Why none of any Media Prima channels would be carried on Sirius TV platform?

When a Malaysian pay TV provider carries a FTA station onto the platform, which one of the below scenario is correct?

Scenario A: Sirius TV have to pay Media Prima to carry their channels onto Sirius TV platform
- Because it is considered as Sirius TV "acquires" broadcast rights to transmits Media Prima channels onto the platform?
- If Sirius TV wish to transmit Media Prima channels in HD, then Sirius TV would have to pay more money to Media Prima? Or the costs stays the same, doesn't matter if it's in SD or HD?

Scenario B: Media Prima have to pay Sirius TV for carrying its channels onto Sirius TV platform
- Because Media Prima utilises Sirius TV's broadcast transmission facilities to distribute its channels to reach more audience/viewers through the new TV provider in the market, Sirius TV?
- If Media Prima wish to transmit its channels in HD on Sirius TV, then they'll have would have to pay more money to Sirius TV? Or the costs stays the same, doesn't matter if it's in SD or HD?

Which one is correct? rclxub.gif
And how about Awesome TV and TVS channels? Will it be available in the future? Would it be the same scenario as above too?

Pay TV provider would be able to offer its viewers as an alternative destination to watch FTA channels (e.g. Media Prima channels); save subscribers the hassle of toggling between different Pay TVs and digital terrestrial TV.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jan 18 2021, 01:02 AM

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:24 PM