Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Xiaomi MiJia Smart Door Lock Comprehensive Review, Review updated 17/9/19 (Guide)

views

TShikashi
post Jul 26 2019, 10:41 PM, updated 4w ago

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

Introduction

Launched in December 2018, Xiaomi finally expanded its MiJia branded IoT into smart door lock.
It features 6 ways of unlocking the door without compromising much of its main feature as security door lock.
Any new release from Xiaomi is really exciting because they offer equivalent tech specification at an affordable low price.
The MiJia Smart Door Lock is no exception. Currently it is on sale officially only in China for RMB1299.
Interested consumer who like to expand their Mi Home IoT products can get it locally from Shopee or Lazada for approximately RM999.
At this price point, it is half the price of the equivalent mortise digital lock offered by other reputable brand.
Furthermore, being part of the Mi Home app ecosystem, the capacity for automation is practically limitless! More on that later.

Unboxing

Attached Image
The Mijia Smart Door Lock is ordered from a reputable online local store and arrived to my door step the very next day.
The content itself weighs at approximately more than 5 kg, so you might need to be mindful of the shipping fee.

Inside of the box you would see:

Attached Image
User manual and dimension guide

Attached Image
Mortise body

Attached Image
Grade-C lock core, 2 sets of physical key, NiCd batteries, black square spindles and screws for installations.

Attached Image
Strike plate

Attached Image
and, the digital handles inside and outside.

This post has been edited by hikashi: Feb 9 2020, 10:21 PM
TShikashi
post Jul 26 2019, 10:41 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

Installation
DIY installing this digital lock is no easy feat, as it requires some experience with power tools.
It took me almost half a day to manually chisel a larger mortise hole, grinding of excess length, cabling, and app setup.
An experience door smith could do it half of the time.

This part of the review is not meant to be an installation guide, however i'll share my experience of installing the digital door lock here.

Video installation guide can be found here:

Tools used for installation:
-Wood chisel
-Hammer
-Screwdriver
-Angle grinder
-Power drill
-Glove and safety goggle (safety first!)

Attached Image
This is the original mortise lock provided the developer. The thickness is 36mm like most Malaysian door.
Although it is mentioned for 40mm to 80mm door, the black square spindle and some screw can be cut shorten to fit into the thinner door.

Attached Image
Widening the mortise hole. Extra care need to be taken to avoid breaking the thin layer of wood from the mortise.

Attached Image Attached Image
Warning! If you plan to install this lock into a wooden door, you need to cut off the 3-point latch as shown above. Else, you will not be able to lock the door properly.
To cut the 3-point latch, use the black square spindle to rotate the handle hole and expand the bolt and the 3-point latch. Cut the latch with angle grinder.

Attached Image
Final installation

My experiences on installation:
- Cutting the mortise is taxing. Fitting in the lock with all the cables into the door is another challenge. You might need to cut bigger hole than the provided dimension guide just to fit in the cables.
- Do not over tighten the screw as it might affect the lock mechanism
- Don't forget to lubricate the lock!

Cutout template. You can use this as reference for your door and door trim where to cut.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by hikashi: Sep 25 2019, 08:28 PM
TShikashi
post Jul 26 2019, 10:42 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

Build Quality
One thing i like about XiaoMi Mijia Door Lock is it has a discrete look and doesnt scream "hey look at me! im a smartdoor lock!".
The frame and the handle of the door lock is made of metal with a smooth matte finish that is nice to touch.
The outdoor panel is said to be tempered glass but i do noticed some micro scratch.
The internal panel however is a removable glossy plastic and it may be prone to scratches.
Attached Image
At the bottom of the outdoor panel we have speakers and micro usb slot to be inserted with powerbank when the internal battery run empty.

Mijia Door Lock Stress Test

Setup

Setup is pretty straight forward.
All you need is install Mi Home app on your android or ios.
Login into China Mainland server.
Make sure your bluetooth on the phone is turned on, and the battery on the door lock is in place.
Add the Mi Smart Door Lock either manually or automatically on the Mi Home app.
You will be prompted to add new passcode on the app for added security. You may choose use fingerprint to unlock later on.

Managing User

To setup user, you will need to be in within range of your phone bluetooth connection with the door lock.
You can add two types of user:
User
- Meant for visitors
- Limited to daily unlocking function (deadbolt cannot be unlock when locked from inside)

Admin
-Full range of unlocking
-Able to reset the door lock

Attached Image

This post has been edited by hikashi: Jul 31 2019, 03:29 PM
TShikashi
post Jul 31 2019, 04:20 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

Features

Xiaomi MiJia Door Lock is a semi-automatic style digital lock which it does not have self-latching function.
Latching the dead bolt lock requires physical operation by swinging the handle upward.
However, this doesnt mean this Mijia Door Lock dont have automatic lock function.

Instead, Mijia Door Lock runs on "clutch mechanism" where the handle and latch always decoupled.
Swinging the handle will not engage the latch when it is decoupled.
user posted image

The latch bolt will remain inoperative until:
- "Anti cat-eye" button is pressed from the indoor panel, or
- Door lock is unlocked either with fingerprint, passcode, bluetooth, NFC, or physical key.

Mijia Door Lock has 3 level of security:
1) Door is closed and locked with the latch bolt as described above.
2) 3 deadbolt lock by swinging the handle upward from indoor or outdoor handle
3) Single deadbolt lock by turning the knob from the indoor panel. When the door is locked from the inside, only user with the Admin access can unlock the lock from the outside. User without admin access will not be able to unlock the door.

When the door is not closed properly or door is not locked, a gentle notification will ring to notify you of the situation.

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

The Mi Home door lock app also comes with log so you can trace any activity i.e. door lock status, time entry, etc.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by hikashi: Sep 17 2019, 11:03 PM
TShikashi
post Jul 31 2019, 04:21 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

Unlocking

This Mijia Smart Door Lock boast 6 ways to unlock, mainly:
Fingerprint
Password
Bluetooth
NFC
Physical key

Fingerprint
Fingerprint setup requires MiHome app and in close proximity with the doorlock via direct bluetooth connection. Remote connection with bluetooth gateway will not work.

To setup new fingerprint, go to the door lock MiHome app, manage user and then add fingerprint. Place thumb finger or any other finger on the fingerprint scanner on the door handle for a few time, and done!

To unlock, place your thumb on the scanner. A white led ring will shine if the unlock successful, and a red led ring will appear if unsuccessful.
Attached Image
From my experience, the fingerprint scanner tends to fail with wet finger. And the scanning is not as blazing fast as the one in smartphone. A brief pause is required to validate the fingerprint, and then turn the handle to open the door. Scanning accuracy is on point as long as the finger is dry.

Password
You can set 3 type of password mainly:
User Password
A 6-12 number character can be added via manage user page. The password is tied to the user. Close proximity bluetooth connection required during setup.

Periodic Password
A 6-12 number character password can be added via setting page. The time validity of the password can be controlled. Close proximity bluetooth connection is required during setup. Best use for nanny, home cleaner or AirBNB!
Attached Image

One time Password
This one time password works like an authenticator. Password can only be viewed on setting page and password generated can only be used once within 15 minutes. No connection is required. Best used for visiting relative while you are away.
Attached Image

To enter via passcode, tap on the panel once to light up the keypad. Enter the correct passcode and press ✅ to confirm.

One cool implementation with the passcode unlock is its anti-peeping system. Say you have a passcode of 123456. You can enter any giberish number with your actual passcode in between. For example, entering 58892[123456]213 will unlock the door successfully. Anyone will have a hard time guessing the correct passcode.

If passcode is entered incorrectly for 5 times, the alarm will sound and passcode entry will be denied for 5 minute.

Bluetooth
I do find this pointless when you have fingerprint and passcode as an option. Otherwise, its a welcomed addition. To unlock using bluetooth, place your phone in close proximity with the door lock and bluetooth turned on. Head to the smartdoor lock app and long press the middle of lock icon on the main page to unlock. Unlocking using Bluetooth gateway will not work for obvious safety reason.
Attached Image

NFC
I personally do not have experience with this as I do not have XiaoMi smartphone with NFC and MiBand 4 NFC edition as it only works with aforementioned devices. External chinese reviewers did mention NFC unlock is as cumbersome as bluetooth unlock. To unlock with NFC, u will need to open xiaomi NFC app, unlock app with finger print, and then place the phone on the NFC sensor on the panel. Which really defeat the purpose when you can place fingerprint directly on the doorlock.
Attached Image

Cant say the same for mi band 4. I'll update here when i have more information.

Physical key
2 sets of physical key are included in the box. Keys are made in dimple bump style for added security. (Yeah, you can insert lockpickinglawyer meme here). Any force entry attempt on the keyhole or key left on the keyhole for a period of time will trigger the alarm.

It is best practice to carry a physical key along for emergency purposes.

Automation
A door lock will not be called a smart door if there is no home automation associated to it! However, to enable this feature, a Bluetooth gateway is required. This MiJia smartdoor runs on BLE connectivity to conserve power instead of WiFi therefore a BLE gateway is needed for its IoT function.

Here i used xiaomi digital alarm clock as the BLE gateway. There are other BLE gateway that is compatible like Mi Bedside Lamp. Make sure the device is connected on China server.
Attached Image
BLE gateway connection is fully automatic so no further setup required. Status of the smart door will appear on the BLE gateway page when successful.

Once setup, you can set near any automation rule with any connected xiaomi device. Like, sending notification to phone when break in. Turning on mi vacuum or yeelight when enter using certain passcode. When condition is met you can even set DaFang camera to pan towards targeted area and upload to cloud!

Here is the list of the 'if' function related to the smartdoor.
Attached Image

Final thought
Although this is my first ownership experience with smartdoor lock, i am overall really satisfied with the lock as it does it job as a smart device and as a door lock.

Pros:
Excellent built quality.
Seemingly weatherproof
Real smart device with wide possibilities of automation rule
Sleek and discreet design
Fingerprint sensor strategically located on the door handle.
Beautiful App UI
Thoughtful safety features.

Cons:
Fingerprint detection can be hit and miss when finger is wet
Fingerprint reader can be a tad faster
Redundant Bluetooth and NFC unlocking function
No Zigbee connectivity.
Some part of the app riddled with poor english translation.
Some physical alterations are needed to fit into thinner door.

This post has been edited by hikashi: Sep 17 2019, 10:57 PM
gacktleong
post Jul 31 2019, 05:19 PM

On my way
631 posts

powered by battery? what if the power drained off? any way to open the door manually?
TShikashi
post Jul 31 2019, 05:21 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(gacktleong @ Jul 31 2019, 05:19 PM)
powered by battery? what if the power drained off? any way to open the door manually?
You can use a physical key provided, or plug in power bank into the panel. Battery can last at least 1.5 year.
idoblu
post Aug 16 2019, 08:03 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

nice review 👍🏼
zenix
post Aug 19 2019, 11:44 PM

Pirate Captain
5,722 posts

used it for few months hows the feedback?
backup battery got?
TShikashi
post Aug 20 2019, 10:12 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Aug 19 2019, 11:44 PM)
used it for few months hows the feedback?
backup battery got?
still working nicely.
Theres no backup battery, and i dont see the need of it too.

zenix
post Aug 20 2019, 05:15 PM

Pirate Captain
5,722 posts

does it work with unlocking via flash cards?
TShikashi
post Aug 20 2019, 06:51 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Aug 20 2019, 05:15 PM)
does it work with unlocking via flash cards?
Nope. I tried register some nfc cards but fail. So far to my knowledge, the nfc only work with xiaomi devices
zenix
post Aug 21 2019, 01:43 AM

Pirate Captain
5,722 posts

oic so now you open close using the phone?
TShikashi
post Aug 21 2019, 10:07 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Aug 21 2019, 01:43 AM)
oic so now you open close using the phone?
finger print.
chleiu
post Sep 2 2019, 09:47 PM

3 posts

How do I connect to the smart door lock when I'm away from home? Say for example if I want to set temporary periodic password for my guest, I'm unable to set it due to my phone is not connected to the lock. No issue for one time password though. I've heard that it can be linked with some Xiaomi devices which connect to home wifi, and the device can then link it to the door lock remotely and able to set the password. But I'm not sure if it can works.

This post has been edited by chleiu: Sep 2 2019, 09:49 PM
TShikashi
post Sep 3 2019, 06:33 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(chleiu @ Sep 2 2019, 09:47 PM)
How do I connect to the smart door lock when I'm away from home? Say for example if I want to set temporary periodic password for my guest, I'm unable to set it due to my phone is not connected to the lock. No issue for one time password though. I've heard that it can be linked with some Xiaomi devices which connect to home wifi, and the device can then link it to the door lock remotely and able to set the password. But I'm not sure if it can works.
Bluetooth gateway is needed for remote access.
But, only for 1 time password. We cant setup new user remotely for safety reason.
haturaya
post Sep 3 2019, 06:53 AM

Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,673 posts

Nice review.
saturnx
post Sep 17 2019, 05:16 PM

5 posts

Been surveying around for xiaomi smart locks and found your post from another forum. Really informative and paints a better understanding of the product.

My existing door only uses one dead bolt, was wondering if the 3 (middle) dead bolts can be disabled?
TShikashi
post Sep 17 2019, 07:36 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(saturnx @ Sep 17 2019, 05:16 PM)
Been surveying around for xiaomi smart locks and found your post from another forum. Really informative and paints a better understanding of the product.

My existing door only uses one dead bolt, was wondering if the 3 (middle) dead bolts can be disabled?
Technically you can, you just unable to turn upward. It kinda defeat the purpose if you disable it.
TShikashi
post Sep 17 2019, 11:05 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

Final review updated!
earl-ku
post Sep 18 2019, 04:47 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,558 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Sep 17 2019, 11:05 PM)
Final review updated!
finally a local review - bought the lock and will be installed this weekend

one thing i find annoying is that this product not available on international version of mijia home app - as i have the robovac s5, once i switched over to China region i lost the robovac on the app - but found back my camera - which i used bout 3- 4 years back and now no longe working already - they are quite shitty with their region usage on their device.... now that i have the lock i guess i will be stayin on the china region, got to go add back my robovac tonight ...
TShikashi
post Sep 18 2019, 05:23 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(earl-ku @ Sep 18 2019, 04:47 PM)
finally a local review - bought the lock and will be installed this weekend

one thing i find annoying is that this product not available on international version of mijia home app - as i have the robovac s5, once i switched over to China region i lost the robovac on the app - but found back my camera - which i used bout 3- 4 years back and now no longe working already - they are quite shitty with their region usage on their device.... now that i have the lock i guess i will be stayin on the china region, got to go add back my robovac tonight ...
Ya..im quite frustrated with the region lock too.
Bought local version of mi purifier 2s but its locked to sg/my server.

Eventually need to paralel app
tns7
post Sep 22 2019, 07:53 PM

8 posts

Yesterday I managed to install Xiaomi smart Lock on my house security metal door after spending 6 hours on it. Much of the time spent on cutting holes with few hits and misses.

Thanks to Hikashi excellent review and guide as well as information from this link https://post.smzdm.com/p/a4w0vgvl/

By the way any issue with the latest firmware 2.2.1_0124? Currently the lock work fine and I want to make sure the new firmware working ok before upgrade it.
TShikashi
post Sep 22 2019, 08:17 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

Mine runs on 0124
tns7
post Sep 22 2019, 09:18 PM

8 posts

Thanks for the reply. Will update to latest version.
earl-ku
post Sep 24 2019, 01:46 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,558 posts

Seems that my version of the xiaomi smart lock is very different, when unlock from outside- there is no confirmation or error light on the door handle

also my unit operates on 4 batteries only and not 4, bought 8 eneloop - never checked properly before buying this is apparently the youth model i got.

also there is a need to get a proper experienced installer with experience to do it - my door frame is metal and the striker plate cannot be installed though the locksmith cleared enough to close the door but the striker plate cannot be installed so he recomends to clear the opening enough to fit the place and then weld it on ...

the issue with region was resovled with me installing Dual Space and running the Mijia app on China region as i have the xiaomi robot vacuum on malaysia region - not much clone app works with mijia

fuawei twin app doesnt detect it as possibel to clone, pararel an 2 more other tclone app did not work too except Dual Space
earl-ku
post Sep 24 2019, 01:46 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,558 posts

also the inner know - i can lock when turn clock wise to deadbolt the last bolt but cannot tuen anti clockwise
tns7
post Sep 24 2019, 07:14 PM

8 posts

I am very a novice when installing the smart Lock and knew that it has some risk that it may not work out. To minimize the risk I managed to find an image of the lock position card to check whether my metal security door can be fitted without major issues. Only decided to buy the smart Lock after the assessment. Since I live in a small town, it is difficult to find an experienced installer and have to DIY myself.

Since your smart Lock was different from mine, I could offer much help. I had some hiccup with the dead bolt where once lock, but unable to unlock by turning ACW. Finally found out the hole for the dead bolt not large enough to clear the round plastic part that holds the turning pin. As a result the plastic holder pop out after first locking and jammed up.
earl-ku
post Sep 24 2019, 09:54 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,558 posts

Also on the rear side... The button on the ha dle.. What's that for?
TShikashi
post Sep 24 2019, 10:41 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(earl-ku @ Sep 24 2019, 09:54 PM)
Also on the rear side... The button on the ha dle.. What's that for?
Child proof button. That button needs to be pressed to open the door
earl-ku
post Sep 24 2019, 11:14 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,558 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Sep 24 2019, 10:41 PM)
Child proof button. That button needs to be pressed to open the door
Yeah I needed to press that to open few days back.. To not required.. Twist handle can open liao...
stevenX
post Sep 25 2019, 02:03 PM

Regular
1,221 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Jul 31 2019, 05:21 PM)
You can use a physical key provided, or plug in power bank into the panel. Battery can last at least 1.5 year.
Is that mean that after 1.5 year, have to recharge the battery by hanging confused.gif powerbank to the door ?
TShikashi
post Sep 25 2019, 02:17 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(stevenX @ Sep 25 2019, 02:03 PM)
Is that mean that after 1.5 year, have to recharge the battery by hanging confused.gif  powerbank to the door ?
No la...Jz change the battery inside. Its 8 pieces removable AA battery inside.
The powerbank is used incase if you forgot to change the battery and the battery flat.
Theres low battery indicator btw.
earl-ku
post Sep 25 2019, 03:38 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,558 posts

QUOTE(stevenX @ Sep 25 2019, 02:03 PM)
Is that mean that after 1.5 year, have to recharge the battery by hanging confused.gif  powerbank to the door ?
that port not meant to charge - just an additional power supply in case the battery inside dies... as a mean to power it back on in case batt flat...
earl-ku
post Sep 25 2019, 03:38 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,558 posts

-duplicate-

This post has been edited by earl-ku: Sep 25 2019, 03:39 PM
stevenX
post Sep 25 2019, 04:31 PM

Regular
1,221 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Sep 25 2019, 02:17 PM)
No la...Jz change the battery inside. Its 8 pieces removable AA battery inside.
The powerbank is used incase if you forgot to change the battery and the battery flat.
Theres low battery indicator btw.
Cool, good to know that, am still surveying... Just afraid have problem to install..
TShikashi
post Sep 25 2019, 08:18 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(stevenX @ Sep 25 2019, 04:31 PM)
Cool, good to know that, am still surveying... Just afraid have problem to install..
Ya. The biggest hurdle for me is actually figuring it out how to install. Im posting the cutout template on first page for your references.
tns7
post Sep 25 2019, 08:40 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Sep 25 2019, 08:18 PM)
Ya. The biggest hurdle for me is actually figuring it out how to install. Im posting the cutout template on first page for your references.
It will be great help for those who want to assess first before buying the smart lock. With the template I can make sure I still can install back old lock without any new cut out holes shown in case the smart lock goes kaput.
tns7
post Sep 25 2019, 08:52 PM

8 posts

Hikashi, btw which part of the lock need to lubricate? The handle pin and dead bolt pin?
TShikashi
post Sep 25 2019, 10:02 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(tns7 @ Sep 25 2019, 08:52 PM)
Hikashi, btw which part of the lock need to lubricate? The handle pin and dead bolt pin?
Lubricate all of them with wd40 tongue.gif
tns7
post Sep 26 2019, 01:49 PM

8 posts

Linked the smart lock with smart alarm clock Bluetooth gateway. How to disable notifications of door unlatched? I only setup up scene that send notification when lock is tampered or unlocked failed after multiple attempts?
TShikashi
post Sep 26 2019, 04:30 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(tns7 @ Sep 26 2019, 01:49 PM)
Linked the smart lock with smart alarm clock Bluetooth gateway. How to disable notifications of door unlatched? I only setup up scene that send notification when lock is tampered or unlocked failed after multiple  attempts?
Mine never appear...
Goneraz
post Nov 6 2019, 12:53 PM

Casual
423 posts

For those who don't want the hassle of installing the smarlock, this is a good alternative. It's a new smarlock that have team up with xiaomi but haven't fully integrated yet. It's plug and play and should be compatible with most lock.
https://gimdowsmartlock.com/
I am waiting for 11.11 to see if there is any good deal
earl-ku
post Nov 6 2019, 01:34 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,558 posts

so after i got a notification on this thread i decided to relaunch the xiomi home app and there is now an update and its forcing location aware from the device and change my region from china to Malaysia and showed me my malaysia device only ... blardy hell

zzzhhhzzz
post Nov 19 2019, 11:41 AM

Regular
1,607 posts

user posted image

Hi all, when i was trying to setup my smart lock yesterday i came across the message above... May I know what is a "Anti-pick Security Latch" ?

tns7
post Nov 24 2019, 08:19 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(earl-ku @ Nov 6 2019, 01:34 PM)
so after i got a notification on this thread i decided to relaunch the xiomi home app and there is now an update and its forcing location aware from the device and change my region from china to Malaysia and showed me my malaysia device only ... blardy hell
Temporarily download free VPN with China server. Login into account and change region to China. After successful changed region, no longer need VPN.
sicklad77
post Dec 3 2019, 10:09 PM

Casual
471 posts

hello want to ask, this door the mihome app won’t show if its region in malaysia? Must be in China?
TShikashi
post Dec 4 2019, 06:55 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(sicklad77 @ Dec 3 2019, 10:09 PM)
hello want to ask, this door the mihome app won’t show if its region in malaysia? Must be in China?
Yes
sicklad77
post Dec 4 2019, 09:17 AM

Casual
471 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Dec 4 2019, 06:55 AM)
Yes
any tips for sifus here?
I’m using iPhone, and my cctv & vacuum already locked to malaysia region.
So meaning do u guys register a new account that’s region to China just to set up the smart lock??
earl-ku
post Dec 4 2019, 09:29 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,558 posts

QUOTE(sicklad77 @ Dec 4 2019, 09:17 AM)
any tips for sifus here?
I’m using iPhone, and my cctv & vacuum already locked to malaysia region.
So meaning do u guys register a new account that’s region to China just to set up the smart lock??
u can use another phone as the same login it will diffrentiate by region, on my android i am using an app those mirror app - dual space ...so my vacuum on malaysia as those are international models and the smart lock on the dual space mi home ...
doxb
post Dec 6 2019, 11:51 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

Where to find this lock in Malaysia? Shopee?
Vor
post Dec 10 2019, 03:48 PM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(earl-ku @ Dec 4 2019, 09:29 AM)
u can use another phone as the same login it will diffrentiate by region, on my android i am using an app those mirror app - dual space ...so my vacuum on malaysia as those are international models and the smart lock on the dual space mi home ...
Propbably off-topic but is it possible to set home automation having devices registered to 2 different region? (Malaysia + China)
TShikashi
post Dec 10 2019, 04:36 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(Vor @ Dec 10 2019, 03:48 PM)
Propbably off-topic but is it possible to set home automation having devices registered to 2 different region? (Malaysia + China)
sadly cant sad.gif
TianJian
post Dec 10 2019, 04:45 PM

Casual
373 posts

the stress test look so useless , thief dont hit the door so lightly if using hammer
D3vilsim
post Jan 4 2020, 01:26 AM

Regular
1,259 posts

Anyone know any installer to install this lock ? And the charges ? Just need the drilling part. Apps part i still can handle. Thanks
idoblu
post Jan 6 2020, 04:05 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(D3vilsim @ Jan 4 2020, 01:26 AM)
Anyone know any installer to install this lock ? And the charges ? Just need the drilling part. Apps part i still can handle. Thanks
There’s a seller named one stop home centre at shopee
They sell and provide installation, you can ask them.
idoblu
post Jan 6 2020, 04:07 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(Goneraz @ Nov 6 2019, 12:53 PM)
For those who don't want the hassle of installing the smarlock, this is a good alternative. It's a new smarlock that have team up with xiaomi but haven't fully integrated yet. It's plug and play and should be compatible with most lock.
https://gimdowsmartlock.com/
I am waiting for 11.11 to see if there is any good deal
Problem with this lock is they don’t have a gateway which means you cannot control the lock from anywhere. You can only do so nearby via Bluetooth
There are similar locks by Sony Qrio smart lock and Sesame smart locks which have a gateway
D3vilsim
post Jan 6 2020, 04:25 PM

Regular
1,259 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 6 2020, 04:05 PM)
There’s a seller named one stop home centre at shopee
They sell and provide installation, you can ask them.
great ! thanks a lot

idoblu
post Jan 6 2020, 09:06 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(D3vilsim @ Jan 6 2020, 04:25 PM)
great ! thanks a lot
btw Aqara has official store here at 1U and also store in Lazada/Shopee
they got solutions for installers as well
Goneraz
post Jan 7 2020, 09:01 AM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 6 2020, 04:07 PM)
Problem with this lock is they don’t have a gateway which means you cannot control the lock from anywhere. You can only do so nearby via Bluetooth
There are similar locks by Sony Qrio smart lock and Sesame smart locks which have a gateway
Well I love it because of how simple it is. I have been using the sherlock from xiaomi for 2 yrs and finally decided to switch to this. It took 10 min to install and it look just like a normal lock from outside. I decided not to have WiFi bridge after reading about the vulnerability recently also its not often you need to unlock your door remotely. But if you really want that feature can take a look at keymitt from Germany. Same kind of concept but with WiFi bridge
idoblu
post Jan 7 2020, 09:25 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(Goneraz @ Jan 7 2020, 09:01 AM)
Well I love it because of how simple it is. I have been using the sherlock from xiaomi for 2 yrs and finally decided to switch to this. It took 10 min to install and it look just like a normal lock from outside. I decided not to have WiFi bridge after reading about the vulnerability recently also its not often you need to unlock your door remotely. But if you really want that feature can take a look at keymitt from Germany. Same kind of concept but with WiFi bridge
pls give a review and where you bought it thumbup.gif
tintinn
post Jan 12 2020, 04:34 PM

14 posts

Options are limited for metal security door so I ended up buying Xiaomi Mijia Smart Door Lock Push-Pull from Shopee. The dimension appears to be spot-on to the current door locks so I hope installation will be straight forward.

This is the unboxing video. I have scheduled for an installation this coming week. Will try to record a video if anyone wants to self install this.

Link : Xiaomi Mijia Smart Door Lock Push-Pull unboxing

This post has been edited by tintinn: Jan 12 2020, 04:41 PM
idoblu
post Jan 12 2020, 04:48 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(tintinn @ Jan 12 2020, 04:34 PM)
Options are limited for metal security door so I ended up buying Xiaomi Mijia Smart Door Lock Push-Pull from Shopee. The dimension appears to be spot-on to the current door locks so I hope installation will be straight forward.

This is the unboxing video. I have scheduled for an installation this coming week. Will try to record a video if anyone wants to self install this.

Link :  Xiaomi Mijia Smart Door Lock Push-Pull unboxing

Nice looking lock. Yes please video the installation
How many ways to open?
Thanks

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jan 12 2020, 04:49 PM
tintinn
post Jan 12 2020, 05:18 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 12 2020, 04:48 PM)
Nice looking lock. Yes please video the installation
How many ways to open?
Thanks
6 ways according to the advertisement.
- fingerprint
- pin no
- mobile phone Bluetooth
- mechanical key
- NFC
- temporary pin no

Will do my best with the installation video thumbsup.gif
tintinn
post Jan 13 2020, 07:15 PM

14 posts

I was not able to video the installation today due to work commitment. Managed to see a bit from the CCTV at work.

Took the installer about 2 hours. He did have to use a drill and cutter to get the upper mechanism of the lock to go through, but other than that the dimension of the parts were spot on with the older lock. The original strike plate was kept as it is. The labour cost of installation was RM300.

I had to change region to China Mainland in order to get Xiaomi Home app to recognize the lock. Did not need to use VPN or a new account, just a matter of changing the location setting on the app.

Configuration was a breeze. Firmware update required a few tries before it was successful. NFC only works with Xiaomi phones. Fingerprint recognition was instantaneous so this is going to be the primary method of entry.

Overall it seems like a good buy for RM1199 (Shopee). Next plan is to get a Bluetooth WiFi gateway.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
idoblu
post Jan 13 2020, 07:44 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(tintinn @ Jan 13 2020, 07:15 PM)
I was not able to video the installation today due to work commitment. Managed to see a bit from the CCTV at work.

Took the installer about 2 hours. He did have to use a drill and cutter to get the upper mechanism of the lock to go through, but other than that the dimension of the parts were spot on with the older lock. The original strike plate was kept as it is. The labour cost of installation was RM300.

I had to change region to China Mainland in order to get Xiaomi Home app to recognize the lock. Did not need to use VPN or a new account, just a matter of changing the location setting on the app.

Configuration was a breeze. Firmware update required a few tries before it was successful. NFC only works with Xiaomi phones. Fingerprint recognition was instantaneous so this is going to be the primary method of entry.

Overall it seems like a good buy for RM1199 (Shopee). Next plan is to get a Bluetooth WiFi gateway.

Is this installer first time installing Xiaomi smart locks or old hand at it? Was he given by seller? Thanks

TShikashi
post Jan 13 2020, 08:13 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Nice! rclxms.gif
tintinn
post Jan 14 2020, 09:33 AM

14 posts

Arranged by seller.

The installer has good experience installing similar locks, knew what to do. I can confirm that.

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 13 2020, 07:44 PM)
Is this installer first time installing Xiaomi smart locks or old hand at it? Was he given by seller? Thanks
sicklad77
post Jan 14 2020, 10:52 AM

Casual
471 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Wow bos ur location setting tip is really inspiring me to buy as well.
I go to China often and will definitely buy this on my next visit

This post has been edited by sicklad77: Jan 14 2020, 10:53 AM
tunasandwich
post Feb 2 2020, 03:48 PM

Enthusiast
959 posts

Metal door can install?
Matchy
post Feb 5 2020, 09:25 AM

On my way
536 posts

Any smart lock that can replace existing cylindrical lock with no modification?
wailing81
post Feb 5 2020, 10:51 AM

On my way
514 posts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
can directly configure even without gateway or internet?
directly connect the lock through bluetooth and configure with mihome app, is it?
TShikashi
post Feb 5 2020, 11:18 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Feb 5 2020, 10:51 AM)
can directly configure even without gateway or internet?
directly connect the lock through bluetooth and configure with mihome app, is it?
Yes. You dont need a bluetooth gateway to configure.

The fuction of the bluetooth gateway is to send push notification to your phone on the door status i.e. unlocked, intrusion etc, and also remote checking status of the door.

For safety purposes, you need to be physically in range with the door to configure the settings. They dont allow you to configure remotely.

This post has been edited by hikashi: Feb 5 2020, 11:19 AM
wailing81
post Feb 5 2020, 01:49 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Feb 5 2020, 11:18 AM)
Yes. You dont need a bluetooth gateway to configure.

The fuction of the bluetooth gateway is to send push notification to your phone on the door status i.e. unlocked, intrusion etc, and also remote checking status of the door.

For safety purposes, you need to be physically in range with the door to configure the settings. They dont allow you to configure remotely.
thanks for confirming this.
it's for my new house and worry that i can't configure the lock if there is no wifi internet install yet.
skyeoh
post Feb 9 2020, 11:01 PM

2 posts

Hi.. Anyone can help? Im having a problem with door lock and mijia app, just now i open my mijia app and the account already signed out, after that i re-sign in, no device is paired, so i try to pairing again, but is unsuccessful, error message show that the device is paired with others user and ask me unpair 1st, now my lock cannot be use to set any password and finger print. I tried to push the reset button at behind the lock, still the same result, anyone can help please.

user posted image
heliozguard
post Feb 10 2020, 02:11 AM

Getting Started
213 posts

I install the aqara n100 three days back. Now that lock shat on me by giving continuous alarm .. At 2am. I remove battery for now. Tmrow see what to do.. Sleep first. Attached Image
TShikashi
post Feb 10 2020, 07:48 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Feb 10 2020, 02:11 AM)
I install the aqara n100 three days back. Now that lock shat on me by giving continuous alarm .. At 2am. I remove battery for now. Tmrow see what to do.. Sleep first. Attached Image
Seems like the anti temper switch triggered.
heliozguard
post Feb 10 2020, 07:59 AM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Feb 10 2020, 07:48 AM)
Seems like the anti temper switch triggered.
Just put back the battery today and all good. Really don't know what's going on. Do you know where the anti tamper switch is at? Gonna open the whole thing back and see this evening.
TShikashi
post Feb 10 2020, 08:03 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Feb 10 2020, 07:59 AM)
Just put back the battery today and all good. Really don't know what's going on. Do you know where the anti tamper switch is at? Gonna open the whole thing back and see this evening.
Could be located at the back of outdoor plate.
idoblu
post Feb 10 2020, 09:46 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Feb 10 2020, 02:11 AM)
I install the aqara n100 three days back. Now that lock shat on me by giving continuous alarm .. At 2am. I remove battery for now. Tmrow see what to do.. Sleep first.
DIY installed or you paid someone to install?
if paid, how much? thanks
heliozguard
post Feb 10 2020, 10:26 AM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Feb 10 2020, 09:46 AM)
DIY installed or you paid someone to install?
if paid, how much? thanks
250 from kaodim. Happen again right now. The locksmith is on the way. Took a day off today just for this lol.
TShikashi
post Feb 10 2020, 09:03 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(skyeoh @ Feb 9 2020, 11:01 PM)
Hi.. Anyone can help? Im having a problem with door lock and mijia app, just now i open my mijia app and the account already signed out, after that i re-sign in, no device is paired, so i try to pairing again, but is unsuccessful, error message show that the device is paired with others user and ask me unpair 1st, now my lock cannot be use to set any password and finger print. I tried to push the reset button at behind the lock, still the same result, anyone can help please.

user posted image
You need to delete the device from the mihome app.
idoblu
post Feb 13 2020, 04:51 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Feb 10 2020, 07:59 AM)
Your false alarm fixed? What was the problem?

This post has been edited by idoblu: Feb 14 2020, 02:59 PM
heliozguard
post Feb 13 2020, 08:54 AM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Feb 13 2020, 04:51 AM)
Your false alarm fixed? What was the problem?
Btw this new N200 launched. I might get this one
[attachmentid=10426839]
Not fixed. Still alarm randomly. The locksmith dint Come, reschedule on Saturday. Will keep it posted.
alucard89
post Feb 14 2020, 02:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,366 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Feb 10 2020, 10:26 AM)
250 from kaodim. Happen again right now. The locksmith is on the way. Took a day off today just for this lol.
So not really DIY friendly this smart lock type? Quite costly just for installing service
heliozguard
post Feb 14 2020, 03:00 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Feb 14 2020, 02:40 PM)
So not really DIY friendly this smart lock type? Quite costly just for installing service
Depends on how handy you're with tools and whatnot. Diy seem doable but not for me haha.
idoblu
post Mar 8 2020, 11:36 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Feb 13 2020, 08:54 AM)
Not fixed. Still alarm randomly. The locksmith dint Come, reschedule on Saturday. Will keep it posted.
Please update us
heliozguard
post Mar 8 2020, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 8 2020, 11:36 AM)
Please update us
The locksmith dude did come. But the doorlock not working at all. No light no connection. Just doorbell function. And temper alarm. Idk what went wrong. Suspected some reno contractor accidentally dmg it (dint put battery for a week. So don't really know the exact time the dmg is done.)

So now seller from China will send a new unit for me. Just finalized the detail this week. Need to wait few more weeks for the new lock to arrive. The end.
idoblu
post Mar 8 2020, 12:45 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Mar 8 2020, 12:36 PM)
The locksmith dude did come. But the doorlock not working at all. No light no connection. Just doorbell function. And temper alarm. Idk what went wrong. Suspected some reno contractor accidentally dmg it (dint put battery for a week. So don't really know the exact time the dmg is done.)

So now seller from China will send a new unit for me. Just finalized the detail this week. Need to wait few more weeks for the new lock to arrive. The end.
cheap meh buy direct from china? how much total shipping fees, agent fees, etc did it cost you?
heliozguard
post Mar 8 2020, 01:16 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 8 2020, 12:45 PM)
cheap meh buy direct from china? how much total shipping fees, agent fees, etc did it cost you?
I bought thru lazada. Seller intelligent time. Very good experience everytime. I got this below 700 with seller voucher and discount. They sending me a new one and they allow me to keep the faulty unit. So I'm not complaining.
idoblu
post Mar 8 2020, 01:21 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Mar 8 2020, 01:16 PM)
I bought thru lazada. Seller intelligent time. Very good experience everytime. I got this below 700 with seller voucher and discount. They sending me a new one and they allow me to keep the faulty unit. So I'm not complaining.
I bought from them before 👍🏻
I read one review also Lazada but different seller, the buyer also facing same problem- false alarm

This post has been edited by idoblu: Mar 8 2020, 01:23 PM
heliozguard
post Mar 8 2020, 02:02 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 8 2020, 01:21 PM)
I bought from them before 👍🏻
I read one review also Lazada but different seller, the buyer also facing same problem- false alarm
There's a button on the outside panel. Its a bit sensitve, if your door not fully flat or got some gap it will trigger. Like my door, the guy suggest me to stuff something near the switch to completely disable tamper alarm. I really hope it's not software issue with the alarm. Really irritating otherwise cos the alarm is bloody loud.

Also while it was working during early days, the alarm won't stop automatically.. You need to put in your password for it to stop. And once it happen while I was at work. Can only stare at the alarm notifications while the alarm blaring for the whole day. I can only watch from my xiaomi cctv haha

This post has been edited by heliozguard: Mar 8 2020, 02:08 PM
wkwong91
post Mar 11 2020, 04:40 PM

NeneBubu
1,153 posts

Hi bro, I saw the aqara n100 from this seller seem doesn't provide any warranty?
heliozguard
post Mar 11 2020, 06:54 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(wkwong91 @ Mar 11 2020, 04:40 PM)
Hi bro, I saw the aqara n100 from this seller seem doesn't provide any warranty?
Yep. If seller decide not to entertain me, I can't do anything. I've bought alot from this seller and lucky enough for him to rectify the issue. They went beyond my expectation but YMMV.
wkwong91
post Mar 12 2020, 10:49 AM

NeneBubu
1,153 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Mar 11 2020, 06:54 PM)
Yep. If seller decide not to entertain me, I can't do anything. I've bought alot from this seller and lucky enough for him to rectify the issue. They went beyond my expectation but YMMV.
I have check with the seller. He/She has mentioned there is 6 months warranty for Aqara N100. Btw, have u receive the replacement unit?
heliozguard
post Mar 17 2020, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(wkwong91 @ Mar 12 2020, 10:49 AM)
I have check with the seller. He/She has mentioned there is 6 months warranty for Aqara N100. Btw, have u receive the replacement unit?
Nope. Logistics been a bit slow. Eta probably 1 month++ I just left my door open all this while.
wkwong91
post Mar 24 2020, 08:37 PM

NeneBubu
1,153 posts

Bro, lazada is going to do offer for n100. Is it worth to get?

https://www.lazada.com.my/xiaomi-aqara-n100...1476796170.html
naijnaij
post Apr 11 2020, 02:27 PM

15 posts

Is this compatible with Google home ecosystem? Or any other Xiaomi locks that are compatible?
TShikashi
post Apr 11 2020, 02:53 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(naijnaij @ Apr 11 2020, 02:27 PM)
Is this compatible with Google home ecosystem? Or any other Xiaomi locks that are compatible?
Sadly no.
BacktoBasics
post Apr 14 2020, 03:16 PM

Regular
1,522 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Feb 10 2020, 10:26 AM)
bro just want to ask the RM 250 installation includes everything?

wiring and etc? because mine is a very traditional wooden door.....
heliozguard
post Apr 14 2020, 05:09 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Apr 14 2020, 03:16 PM)
bro just want to ask the RM 250 installation includes everything?

wiring and etc? because mine is a very traditional wooden door.....
Wiring? This one is using battery. If you're using different brand and model, perhaps you should try and get a few quotation from kaodim cos the pricing might varies.

Not sure about the door type.
idoblu
post Apr 14 2020, 06:14 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Apr 14 2020, 05:09 PM)
Wiring? This one is using battery. If you're using different brand and model, perhaps you should try and get a few quotation from kaodim cos the pricing might varies.

Your replacement not arrive yet? How long did it took the first time?
heliozguard
post Apr 14 2020, 08:52 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Apr 14 2020, 06:14 PM)
Your replacement not arrive yet? How long did it took the first time?
Nope. Probably lost somewhere along the sea or something. I'm getting used to with the key haha
BacktoBasics
post Apr 15 2020, 01:55 PM

Regular
1,522 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Apr 14 2020, 05:09 PM)

Alright thank you for your sharing
idoblu
post Apr 20 2020, 06:24 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Apr 14 2020, 08:52 PM)
Nope. Probably lost somewhere along the sea or something. I'm getting used to with the key haha
Ive read several local reviews at Shopee and Lazada - seems like they are having the same problem which is the alarm would ring non stop
wailing81
post Apr 22 2020, 04:19 PM

On my way
514 posts

do you need a gateway to connect the smart lock?
how you going to connect this lock to the internet to alert you if intruded?
TShikashi
post Apr 22 2020, 06:31 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Apr 22 2020, 04:19 PM)
do you need a gateway to connect the smart lock?
how you going to connect this lock to the internet to alert you if intruded?
U dont need a gateway to connect to the lock.
However, u do need a Bluetooth gateway for it to remote alert. I used imported bluetooth smart alarm clock as its gateway. Dont get the local version table lamp as it might be region locked to msia server. Device connected to different region cant talk to each other.

wailing81
post Apr 22 2020, 10:13 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Apr 22 2020, 06:31 PM)
U dont need a gateway to connect to the lock.
However, u do need a Bluetooth gateway for it to remote alert. I used imported bluetooth smart alarm clock as its gateway. Dont get the local version table lamp as it might be region locked to msia server. Device connected to different region cant talk to each other.
so the bluetooth smart alarm clock will then connect to the internet? do i understand correctly?

Thanks.
TShikashi
post Apr 22 2020, 10:56 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Apr 22 2020, 10:13 PM)
so the bluetooth smart alarm clock will then connect to the internet? do i understand correctly?

Thanks.
Yeap correct
kronos_fir18
post May 9 2020, 08:25 PM

Getting Started
230 posts

I bought the Aqara N100 door lock and decided to install it by myself.
Dang it, it took me nearly 7 hours to install it. This is of course with the limited tools on my hands.
wailing81
post May 12 2020, 09:32 AM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(kronos_fir18 @ May 9 2020, 08:25 PM)
I bought the Aqara N100 door lock and decided to install it by myself.
Dang it, it took me nearly 7 hours to install it. This is of course with the limited tools on my hands.
that's a good try.

do you connect to any aqara hub?
kronos_fir18
post May 12 2020, 03:56 PM

Getting Started
230 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ May 12 2020, 09:32 AM)
that's a good try.

do you connect to any aqara hub?
Yes i did. I already used a lot of BLE and Zigbee devices in my home.
cedriccheah
post May 17 2020, 12:00 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

QUOTE(tintinn @ Jan 14 2020, 09:33 AM)
Arranged by seller.

The installer has good experience installing similar locks, knew what to do. I can confirm that.
Bro,.mind to share the installer contact? I might needed for my new security door. Thanks
idoblu
post Jun 5 2020, 07:25 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

*deleted* found the answer

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jun 5 2020, 08:25 AM
singguli
post Jun 14 2020, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

Any review for xiaomi push pull model?
idoblu
post Jun 15 2020, 09:23 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

This post has been edited by idoblu: Oct 23 2020, 07:48 AM
Jason
post Jun 21 2020, 04:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,441 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Jul 31 2019, 04:21 PM)
One time Password
This one time password works like an authenticator. Password can only be viewed on setting page and password generated can only be used once within 15 minutes. No connection is required. Best used for visiting relative while you are away.
Attached Image

To enter via passcode, tap on the panel once to light up the keypad. Enter the correct passcode and press ✅ to confirm.

One cool implementation with the passcode unlock is its anti-peeping system. Say you have a passcode of 123456. You can enter any giberish number with your actual passcode in between. For example, entering 58892[123456]213 will unlock the door successfully. Anyone will have a hard time guessing the correct passcode.

If passcode is entered incorrectly for 5 times, the alarm will sound and passcode entry will be denied for 5 minute.
I’m wondering

With this one time password, you generate a 6 digit pin WITHOUT being being connected.

Means you’re in USA, and you can generate this PIN anytime? And the person you send the PIN to can open the door with this one time PIN?

I assume the lock doesn’t connect to WiFi right.
TShikashi
post Jun 21 2020, 05:26 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Jun 21 2020, 04:47 PM)
I’m wondering

With this one time password, you generate a 6 digit pin WITHOUT being being connected.

Means you’re in USA, and you can generate this PIN anytime? And the person you send the PIN to can open the door with this one time PIN?

I assume the lock doesn’t connect to WiFi right.
You know how an authenticator works? Yea just like that. The app installed on the phone reveals the code when requested.

So technically, when youre in USA, the pin can be requested on your phone with the app, and copy the code to the person.

WiFi is unecessary.

Be warned though, sometimes the app login will expire out after certain period of time. After expire, you need to relogin to the app while physically nearby the door lock.

Jason
post Jun 21 2020, 09:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,441 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Jun 21 2020, 05:26 PM)
You know how an authenticator works? Yea just like that. The app installed on the phone reveals the code when requested.

So technically, when youre in USA, the pin can be requested on your phone with the app, and copy the code to the person.

WiFi is unecessary.

Be warned though, sometimes the app login will expire out after certain period of time. After expire, you need to relogin to the app while physically nearby the door lock.
Thanks. Wow I think it’s a cool feature. I think I’ll get it.

So far my Mi Home never logged me off the app before, this is on iOS.
zzzhhhzzz
post Jul 2 2020, 03:19 PM

Regular
1,607 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jun 15 2020, 09:23 AM)
I managed to open the door using NFC from my iPhone.
First you need to have iPhone XS and above
Then you create a Shortcut to open the lock
Thats it

Unfortunately I am using an iPhone X and I had to use an additional app to read the NFC tag from the lock. It can be done but too much trouble to use cause you need to open a third party NFC app. If you got newer iPhones, please try and report back your findings here
hi mind elaborating further how to do it ? can it be done using samsung phone with NFC ?
idoblu
post Jul 4 2020, 07:53 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(zzzhhhzzz @ Jul 2 2020, 03:19 PM)
hi mind elaborating further how to do it ? can it be done using samsung phone with NFC ?
cannot i think if using android
need siri shortcut and homekit
anyway, use fingerprint or keypad easier or if you really want to use NFC, go find the NFC tags. I dunno where to buy them though

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jul 4 2020, 07:54 PM
spamfish
post Jul 20 2020, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Jul 26 2019, 10:41 PM)
Installation
DIY installing this digital lock is no easy feat, as it requires some experience with power tools.
It took me almost half a day to manually chisel a larger mortise hole, grinding of excess length, cabling, and app setup.
An experience door smith could do it half of the time.

This part of the review is not meant to be an installation guide, however i'll share my experience of installing the digital door lock here.

Attached Image
This is the original mortise lock provided the developer. The thickness is 36mm like most Malaysian door.
Although it is mentioned for 40mm to 80mm door, the black square spindle and some screw can be cut shorten to fit into the thinner door.
do u have any info or picture where you cut the length of the spindle to shorten it so that it can fit into the thinner 35 mm thick door?
TShikashi
post Jul 21 2020, 07:27 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(spamfish @ Jul 20 2020, 03:27 PM)
do u have any info or picture where you cut the length of the spindle to shorten it so that it can fit into the thinner 35 mm thick door?
Sadly no ☹️
spamfish
post Jul 21 2020, 07:50 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Jul 21 2020, 07:27 PM)
Sadly no ☹️
is it just a simple straightforward cutting with a grinder? if so how short did u cut it?

This post has been edited by spamfish: Jul 21 2020, 07:51 PM
TShikashi
post Jul 21 2020, 11:09 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(spamfish @ Jul 21 2020, 07:50 PM)
is it just a simple straightforward cutting with a grinder? if so how short did u cut it?
I tested it by installing it first and see how much need to be cut.
spamfish
post Jul 22 2020, 01:40 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Jul 21 2020, 11:09 PM)
I tested it by installing it first and see how much need to be cut.
you have to cut both end right because of the centering clip of the pin?
TShikashi
post Jul 22 2020, 07:08 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(spamfish @ Jul 22 2020, 01:40 AM)
you have to cut both end right because of the centering clip of the pin?
I cant remember the detail now. There is YouTube clip around that does that. You may refer to those.
alvinsyg
post Aug 3 2020, 02:01 PM

13 posts

Hi guys, for this smart lock, will it alarm if I leave the wooden door open without close?
TShikashi
post Aug 3 2020, 04:31 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(alvinsyg @ Aug 3 2020, 02:01 PM)
Hi guys, for this smart lock, will it alarm if I leave the wooden door open without close?
Yes it will. For a few seconds

alvinsyg
post Aug 5 2020, 07:55 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Aug 3 2020, 04:31 PM)
Yes it will. For a few seconds
Can I leave it open for few hours as usually I will leave my wooden door open.
TShikashi
post Aug 5 2020, 07:58 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(alvinsyg @ Aug 5 2020, 07:55 AM)
Can I leave it open for few hours as usually I will leave my wooden door open.
No problem with that. You can disable the ring in the app.
idoblu
post Sep 13 2020, 04:41 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

Anyone manage to use mi band 4/5 NFC to unlock this Aqara/Mijia smart lock
Ech
post Sep 20 2020, 08:01 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

Can the key be duplicated? Somehow even as a backup, I feel like 2 is not enough.
v1nc3z
post Oct 11 2020, 06:23 PM

38 posts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Hi, can you PM me the name of the seller in shopee that you bought this lock? Looking to get one too. Thanks!
Icehart
post Oct 12 2020, 02:20 AM

All Stars
13,246 posts

QUOTE(v1nc3z @ Oct 11 2020, 06:23 PM)
Hi, can you PM me the name of the seller in shopee that you bought this lock? Looking to get one too. Thanks!
Same here!
heliozguard
post Oct 13 2020, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Apr 20 2020, 06:24 PM)
Ive read several local reviews at Shopee and Lazada - seems like they are having the same problem which is the alarm would ring non stop
Received the replacement few months back. No issue so far. I'll open up the old one soon and try to repair if possible. Will snap pic if got time.
apalexar
post Oct 22 2020, 11:51 PM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Oct 13 2020, 11:23 AM)
Received the replacement few months back. No issue so far. I'll open up the old one soon and try to repair if possible. Will snap pic if got time.
Hi, mind to pm contact for the lock installation sifu? Thanks
wailing81
post Oct 23 2020, 07:04 AM

On my way
514 posts

ya, me too would like to have the contact for the lock installation sifu. thanks.
idoblu
post Oct 23 2020, 07:47 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

smart lock installer
Tel: 018-903-0054
idoblu
post Oct 23 2020, 10:39 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Oct 23 2020, 07:04 AM)
ya, me too would like to have the contact for the lock installation sifu. thanks.
bro, the Rm999 deal is back for the Aqara N200
installation is another 250 only. Damn I paid 300

https://shopee.com.my/Xiaomi-Aqara-N200-Sma...1691.5936168131
wailing81
post Oct 23 2020, 10:44 AM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Oct 23 2020, 10:39 AM)
bro, the Rm999 deal is back for the Aqara N200
installation is another 250 only. Damn I paid 300

https://shopee.com.my/Xiaomi-Aqara-N200-Sma...1691.5936168131
i had contacted them, but my door lock is longer. They said can't install.
I wonder why can't just use a longer plate for it.

can the lock installer do it?
idoblu
post Oct 23 2020, 11:00 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Oct 23 2020, 10:44 AM)
i had contacted them, but my door lock is longer. They said can't install.
I wonder why can't just use a longer plate for it.

can the lock installer do it?
what you mean by "door lock is longer"? any photos and dimensions?

This post has been edited by idoblu: Oct 23 2020, 11:01 AM
apalexar
post Oct 23 2020, 12:08 PM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Oct 23 2020, 07:47 AM)
smart lock installer
Tel: 018-903-0054
Thanks, the sifu charge 250?
wailing81
post Oct 23 2020, 03:31 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Oct 23 2020, 11:00 AM)
what you mean by "door lock is longer"? any photos and dimensions?
user posted image

this long
idoblu
post Oct 24 2020, 11:26 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Oct 23 2020, 03:31 PM)
user posted image

this long
read this - scroll to the bottom part for more info
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r...d=4615248882489
Attached Image
apalexar
post Nov 2 2020, 10:08 PM

On my way
665 posts

Received my xiaomi full auto door lock today, ordered from China since the model not available in Malaysia.

Thanks TS for the test guide and installation, will try it tomorrow, hopefully everything is ok smile.gif
wailing81
post Nov 3 2020, 07:55 AM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 2 2020, 10:08 PM)
Received my xiaomi full auto door lock today, ordered from China since the model not available in Malaysia.

Thanks TS for the test guide and installation, will try it tomorrow, hopefully everything is ok smile.gif
congratulations...

how long it takes to ship over here..
i tried taobao, but only courier by ship available.
how much is your total damage?

share your experience here ya. thanks.
idoblu
post Nov 3 2020, 08:49 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 2 2020, 10:08 PM)

which model is this? model name and pics would be nice. thanks

apalexar
post Nov 3 2020, 09:02 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Nov 3 2020, 07:55 AM)
congratulations...

how long it takes to ship over here..
i tried taobao, but only courier by ship available.
how much is your total damage?

share your experience here ya. thanks.
I used seller shipment service from lowyat, since it's sensitive item air freight so pay little more cost.
Placed order on 23rd Oct received yesterday night, roughly 10 days.

Total cost around 1.28k myr including insurance, model XMZNMST02YD.

Saw some post that xiaomi going to launch another model name xiaomi smart door lock pro with face recognition function tomorrow.
apalexar
post Nov 3 2020, 09:04 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 3 2020, 08:49 AM)
which model is this? model name and pics would be nice. thanks
XMZNMST02YD

https://www.mi.com/buy/detail?product_id=12790&cfrom=search

New model coming tomorrow with face recognition function smile.gif
wailing81
post Nov 3 2020, 09:06 AM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 3 2020, 09:02 AM)
I used seller shipment service from lowyat, since it's sensitive item air freight so pay little more cost.

Saw some post that xiaomi going to launch another model name xiaomi smart door lock pro with face recognition function tomorrow.
can pm which seller shipment you liaise with?
thank you.
idoblu
post Nov 3 2020, 09:08 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 3 2020, 09:04 AM)
XMZNMST02YD

https://www.mi.com/buy/detail?product_id=12790&cfrom=search

New model coming tomorrow with face recognition function smile.gif
nice, please post pics of your installation. thumbup.gif
apalexar
post Nov 3 2020, 09:27 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Nov 3 2020, 09:06 AM)
can pm which seller shipment you liaise with?
thank you.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4820604&hl=

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 3 2020, 09:08 AM)
nice, please post pics of your installation.  thumbup.gif
Will try later but maybe not so soon cause haven't move in new house, cmco sweat.gif

Btw here's the new lock xiaomi going to launch https://www.techgenyz.com/2020/11/02/xiaomi...k-pro-unveiled/
wailing81
post Nov 3 2020, 10:01 AM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 3 2020, 09:27 AM)
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4820604&hl=
Will try later but maybe not so soon cause haven't move in new house, cmco sweat.gif

Btw here's the new lock xiaomi going to launch https://www.techgenyz.com/2020/11/02/xiaomi...k-pro-unveiled/
thanks bro, how heavy is the lock?
final damage is how much?
apalexar
post Nov 3 2020, 10:09 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Nov 3 2020, 10:01 AM)
thanks bro, how heavy is the lock?
final damage is how much?
4.4 nett but pack with wooden rack so become 7kg, 1.28k already is final damage
wailing81
post Nov 3 2020, 10:42 AM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 3 2020, 10:09 AM)
4.4 nett but pack with wooden rack so become 7kg, 1.28k already is final damage
that is still cheaper than purchase here.
did you got yourself insurance?
apalexar
post Nov 3 2020, 11:47 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Nov 3 2020, 10:42 AM)
that is still cheaper than purchase here.
did you got yourself insurance?
Yeah the final price includes insurance in case it's lost somewhere during the shipment. I couldn't find the full auto model here in Malaysia, perhaps local seller not yet imported the latest one.

However warranty will be quite trouble if you need it later so only can pray it work as it should during the warranty period. Those bought it with local seller usually have 1 year warranty but China set I think it's 3 years. Anyway I think even local seller hard to do 1 to 1 exchange if the lock has problem later within 1 year, so I feel like quite the same just you need to handle it yourself if bought directly from China.
idoblu
post Nov 3 2020, 11:54 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

I bought the Aqara NFC tag and it works with N200 lock
I also have Mi Band 5 NFC but unfortunately it does not work with the lock

This post has been edited by idoblu: Nov 3 2020, 12:11 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
apalexar
post Nov 3 2020, 07:03 PM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 3 2020, 11:54 AM)
Change the lock brows.gif

This post has been edited by apalexar: Nov 3 2020, 07:03 PM
heliozguard
post Nov 3 2020, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 3 2020, 11:54 AM)
Bro can get link where you buy this
idoblu
post Nov 3 2020, 10:50 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(heliozguard @ Nov 3 2020, 10:26 PM)
Bro can get link where you buy this
Bought from taobao
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r....bucket=2#detail

This post has been edited by idoblu: Nov 4 2020, 09:09 AM
idoblu
post Nov 8 2020, 06:30 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 3 2020, 09:02 AM)

local selling already the auto lock -
1399 with 3 months warranty
1499 with 1 year warranty
250 installation fee
apalexar
post Nov 8 2020, 07:04 PM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 8 2020, 06:30 PM)
local selling already the auto lock -
1399 with 3 months warranty
1499 with 1 year warranty
250 installation fee
Xiaomi door lock pro with face recognition you mean? Any link?
idoblu
post Nov 8 2020, 07:08 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 8 2020, 07:04 PM)
Xiaomi door lock pro with face recognition you mean? Any link?
No, it's the one you bought
Skip to the 39:00 minute
https://www.facebook.com/igadgetsmobile/vid...60237607754671/

This post has been edited by idoblu: Nov 8 2020, 07:10 PM
apalexar
post Nov 8 2020, 07:12 PM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 8 2020, 07:08 PM)
No, it's the one you bought
Skip to the 39:00 minute
https://www.facebook.com/igadgetsmobile/vid...60237607754671/
You sure it's the same model? hmm.gif
The one I found local is push-pull type while the one I bought is full auto mode.
idoblu
post Nov 8 2020, 07:15 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 8 2020, 07:12 PM)
You sure it's the same model? hmm.gif
The one I found local is push-pull type while the one I bought is full auto mode.
Watch the video. I don't have a sales link
apalexar
post Nov 8 2020, 07:24 PM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 8 2020, 07:15 PM)
Watch the video. I don't have a sales link
Thanks, yeah that's the one I bought tongue.gif
RoofTopPrince
post Nov 8 2020, 08:08 PM

Casual
464 posts

Just one question, because my unit on corner side.. will the smart lock withstand abit of water splash from rain ?

This post has been edited by RoofTopPrince: Nov 8 2020, 08:12 PM
TShikashi
post Nov 8 2020, 09:39 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(RoofTopPrince @ Nov 8 2020, 08:08 PM)
Just one question, because my unit on corner side.. will the smart lock withstand abit of water splash from rain ?
1 year. So far no problem under occasional splash and sunshine.

RoofTopPrince
post Nov 9 2020, 07:06 AM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Nov 8 2020, 09:39 PM)
1 year. So far no problem under occasional splash and sunshine.
Got that, planning to get Aqara N200.. get Malaysia set or China set... Can you advise me bro?
apalexar
post Nov 9 2020, 08:41 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(RoofTopPrince @ Nov 9 2020, 07:06 AM)
Got that, planning to get Aqara N200.. get Malaysia set or China set... Can you advise me bro?
TS one is xiaomi lock, N200 you should ask sifu idoblu withstand rain or not brows.gif
idoblu
post Nov 9 2020, 08:45 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 9 2020, 08:41 AM)
TS one is xiaomi lock, N200 you should ask sifu idoblu withstand rain or not brows.gif
aiyoh i not sifu and besides that my lock is not expose to the elements as I live in a condo
sorry cant help but so far it has been working perfectly for me..... blush.gif
one thing im disappointed with the aqara lock - my miband 5 with NFC cant be use (only miband 4 NFC is ok) but Mijia locks seems to accept all miband 3,4 and 5

This post has been edited by idoblu: Nov 9 2020, 08:47 AM
apalexar
post Nov 9 2020, 09:10 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 9 2020, 08:45 AM)
aiyoh i not sifu and besides that my lock is not expose to the elements as I live in a condo
one thing im disappointed with the aqara lock - my miband 5 with NFC cant be use (only miband 4 NFC is ok) but Mijia locks seems to accept all miband 3,4 and 5
Everyone become sifu after use the products for a period laugh.gif
Perhaps you can advise him about China or Malaysia set question, btw may try spilt some water on it to do the test devil.gif

If mijia lock can't even compatible with own latest miband hard to persuade buyers buy their products liao
idoblu
post Nov 9 2020, 09:33 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 9 2020, 09:10 AM)
Everyone become sifu after use the products for a period laugh.gif
Perhaps you can advise him about China or Malaysia set question, btw may try spilt some water on it to do the test devil.gif

If mijia lock can't even compatible with own latest miband hard to persuade buyers buy their products liao
Mijia lock is compatible with all mi bands but not Aqara. Your lock is compatible with all i think

I didnt know there is a MY and CN set. I think they are all CN set and currently N100 and N200 are not available in MY server anyway so it must be set to China region

This post has been edited by idoblu: Nov 9 2020, 09:34 AM
apalexar
post Nov 9 2020, 10:23 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(RoofTopPrince @ Nov 9 2020, 07:06 AM)
As mentioned by idoblu it's not available in MY server yet, do you mean that buy it locally or import from China?

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 9 2020, 09:33 AM)
Mijia lock is compatible with all mi bands but not Aqara. Your lock is compatible with all i think

I didnt know there is a MY and CN set. I think they are all CN set and currently N100 and N200 are not available in MY server anyway so it must be set to China region
RoofTopPrince
post Nov 9 2020, 04:20 PM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 9 2020, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 9 2020, 08:45 AM)
Thanks for the input, please splash some water and update me biggrin.gif

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 9 2020, 10:23 AM)
As mentioned by idoblu it's not available in MY server yet, do you mean that buy it locally or import from China?
I plan to directly bought from Taobao.
idoblu
post Nov 9 2020, 04:29 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(RoofTopPrince @ Nov 9 2020, 04:20 PM)
Thanks for the input, please splash some water and update me  biggrin.gif
I plan to directly bought from Taobao.
its so much cheaper at Shopee and Lazada - https://www.lazada.com.my/products/ready-st...30d9L7cl4L&mp=1
https://shopee.com.my/Xiaomi-Aqara-N200-Sma...hWoM8KPDQXtsttQ

i know it says no stock but check with them on facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/igadgetsmobile/pos...612585502230499
RoofTopPrince
post Nov 9 2020, 04:51 PM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 9 2020, 04:29 PM)
For Aqara N200 its cheaper to buy from them, let me check with them.
wailing81
post Nov 9 2020, 05:26 PM

On my way
514 posts

my current security door is those overlord lock, can't use the n100 & n200 sold here.
idoblu
post Nov 12 2020, 10:06 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(RoofTopPrince @ Nov 9 2020, 04:51 PM)
For Aqara N200 its cheaper to buy from them, let me check with them.
https://shopee.com.my/Aqara-Mi-Mijia-Smart-...5082.4539763570
RoofTopPrince
post Nov 12 2020, 11:21 AM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 12 2020, 10:06 AM)
Thanks for the link... Damn this is cheap.
RoofTopPrince
post Nov 12 2020, 11:22 PM

Casual
464 posts

Guys can you recommend smart lock for metal grill?
TShikashi
post Nov 18 2020, 02:39 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

Today im getting 1 huge issue with the smartdoor lock. :sigh:
The fingerprint sensor keep self triggering without any finger making the door lock locked itself.

idoblu
post Nov 18 2020, 05:04 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,248 posts

QUOTE(hikashi @ Nov 18 2020, 02:39 PM)
Today im getting 1 huge issue with the smartdoor lock. :sigh:
The fingerprint sensor keep self triggering without any finger making the door lock locked itself.
you getting this message?
Attached Image

TShikashi
post Nov 18 2020, 05:27 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 18 2020, 05:04 PM)
you getting this message?
Attached Image
Ya! Exactly that.

I cleaned the fingerprint sensor with isopropyl alcohol. Fingers crossed it work..
TShikashi
post Nov 18 2020, 05:30 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

QUOTE(RoofTopPrince @ Nov 12 2020, 11:22 PM)
Guys can you recommend smart lock for metal grill?
Its pretty big for metal grill door though.
TShikashi
post Nov 21 2020, 07:18 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett
1,020 posts

Lol it happened again. Ghost finger sensing.

I guess that's it for me.