ILLEGEAR Custom Performance Laptops v.4, AMD RYZEN 4800H with FREE AC Valhalla

views

chittyserv
post Jan 23 2021, 09:42 AM

Regular
1,194 posts

QUOTE(eek-1 @ Jan 23 2021, 03:26 AM)
Thanks.

Been thinking about getting either an onyx v amd or ionic for IT work. is ionic keyboard really bad? I'm used to thinkpad keyboards where its keys have slight inward slope and are few milimetres apart making it easy for typing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8B14Y5oXyo...nnel=TechRodent
NickedAsy
post Jan 23 2021, 04:23 PM

~: 6-Star Space Marshall :~
1,877 posts

Anybody on an onyx v r or any of its illegear series find tapping the spacebar at the corners hard to register. On either 4 corners.
eek-1
post Jan 23 2021, 04:38 PM

Custom member title
776 posts

QUOTE(chittyserv @ Jan 23 2021, 09:41 AM)
Its not the typing but the visibility of the text... hard to see haha... find a model with 92WH battery and accordance to the weight you want. I think onyx non pro version got something similar. If you like Ionic design and built.. better wait for them to replace the keyboard first. Or go to the showroom and feel the keyboard see whether acceptable to u or not
Thanks. Not that I like the design but hearing abt the battery life from techrodent made me considering it. But now i think I'll just go for onyx v.
zeskyking
post Jan 23 2021, 06:52 PM

26 posts

I have done many researches about gaming laptops (Lelxx51, Asus, Tuf, Lenovo) and finally got myself the ONYX V Ryzen. Ordered on 21 December 2020 at Illegear KL showroom and collected it on 2nd January 2021 (New year and Xmas present hehe rclxm9.gif )

Build quality is superb, I love the fit and finish, the aluminium chassis feel and touch are very premium. Performance are also superb compared to my previous gaming laptops.

Thanks to Adrian and Sarah, you two provide one of best services I have ever experience in retail. Way way better than the Lelxx51 staff who just sit around there and treat you like nobody. If you are reading this, I want to say thank you to you two for answering my long and complex questions professionally, and helped me to resolve the hiccups of my credit card installment payment.

p/s: there are a lot of ppl inside even during mco, Illegear business is so good.
chittyserv
post Jan 23 2021, 06:55 PM

Regular
1,194 posts

QUOTE(eek-1 @ Jan 23 2021, 04:38 PM)
Thanks. Not that I like the design but hearing abt the battery life from techrodent made me considering it. But now i think I'll just go for onyx v.
Also I think they gonna release new ionic soon with black keyboard. May want to wait if you wanna opt for ultrabooks. 200g weight difference
silverong
post Jan 24 2021, 01:51 PM

Casual
309 posts

Anyone know does amd4600h or 4800h having issue with hyper v? I have saw many issues reported. Some of the company have starting fixed the issue with bios upgrade.
Justin L P
post Jan 24 2021, 04:09 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hi Illegear team and everyone,

I am posting my story here as a keepsake and a warning to others about the situation that I am dealing with at the moment. Yesterday (23/1/2021), I dropped off my Raven SE laptop (bought in PC Fair Sept 2019) for a problem that I have been facing (BSOD and occasional shutdowns during usage). I had contacted the Illegear support through Whatsapp and they have advised me to backup all my important files before dropping off my laptop at their support centre in Oval Damansara. When I dropped off my laptop, they have confirmed to me that is there a faulty chip in the SSD, which is causing the problems. I know this is a widespread issue as my brother who owns this exact laptop model is facing the same issues. Nevertheless, I dropped off the laptop and expected the SSD to be replaced.

Much to my grimace, I got a text from Illegear support later on stating that they found my laptop had a swollen battery and proceeded to remove it (without any permission from me and no proof of it swollen so far). Before this, I had no issue with my battery and there has been no structural indications that my battery was swollen. Since removing the battery from my laptop, they now want to charge RM395 for a battery replacement or I go with always having to keep my laptop plugged in. Imagine this, I have only owned this laptop for a little over a year and now I am facing a cost of RM395 to have the battery replaced. Of course, I have went online and found that many others have been facing issues with their laptop batteries being swollen and almost breaking the whole laptop chassis in half. Most of the users also were only mere weeks or a few months over their battery warranty just like me. In this case, I offered to pay half of the cost to have my battery replaced (a solution that has been offered to other users before by Illegear). But, the person I am in contact with says that they can only provide a RM50 discount at best.

So far, no attempt has been issued from their side trying to have this problem resolved besides the usual run-around "Your battery only has 1 year warranty as listed in our warranty policy." I am not sure how my situation will pan out, but I do advise any existing Illegear owners to check your laptop batteries and have them replace it if you are still under warranty. For any prospective buyers looking into getting Illegear laptops, please beware of this issue and rethink your purchase with them.

FYI, I have made this account just to post this. And I have attempted to get into contact with someone in charge to discuss my issues without any success.
Uncle Slowcum P
post Jan 24 2021, 04:56 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Jan 20 2021, 12:55 PM)
havent heard from u, have u gotten ur laptop?
Hey chinti! Yes I went to collect my laptop on the 7th of Jan after constantly contacting them and asking when I would get it heh. So far I am happy with the performance and no problems 🙂. Just one or two times while gaming I randomly get a few seconds of glitchy sounds and the screen glitches out.. Oh yea and not to mention when I got to their shop to collect my laptop and check that everything was in place, I found out that there was only one stick of 8gb ram rather than the 2 I ordered, luckily they immediately added for me.don't understand how they managed to miss out on that. Luckily I checked 😅.
Uncle Slowcum P
post Jan 24 2021, 04:58 PM

Probation
0 posts

Also, the space-bar key on my onyx v ryzen seems like I need to click kinda hard in order to get it to register, especially on the sides of the space-bar key.. Not a major problem but anyone else having this issue?
Justin L P
post Feb 1 2021, 04:14 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(Justin L @ Jan 24 2021, 04:09 PM)
Hi Illegear team and everyone,

I am posting my story here as a keepsake and a warning to others about the situation that I am dealing with at the moment. Yesterday (23/1/2021), I dropped off my Raven SE laptop (bought in PC Fair Sept 2019) for a problem that I have been facing (BSOD and occasional shutdowns during usage). I had contacted the Illegear support through Whatsapp and they have advised me to backup all my important files before dropping off my laptop at their support centre in Oval Damansara. When I dropped off my laptop, they have confirmed to me that is there a faulty chip in the SSD, which is causing the problems. I know this is a widespread issue as my brother who owns this exact laptop model is facing the same issues. Nevertheless, I dropped off the laptop and expected the SSD to be replaced.

Much to my grimace, I got a text from Illegear support later on stating that they found my laptop had a swollen battery and proceeded to remove it (without any permission from me and no proof of it swollen so far). Before this, I had no issue with my battery and there has been no structural indications that my battery was swollen. Since removing the battery from my laptop, they now want to charge RM395 for a battery replacement or I go with always having to keep my laptop plugged in. Imagine this, I have only owned this laptop for a little over a year and now I am facing a cost of RM395 to have the battery replaced. Of course, I have went online and found that many others have been facing issues with their laptop batteries being swollen and almost breaking the whole laptop chassis in half. Most of the users also were only mere weeks or a few months over their battery warranty just like me. In this case, I offered to pay half of the cost to have my battery replaced (a solution that has been offered to other users before by Illegear). But, the person I am in contact with says that they can only provide a RM50 discount at best.

So far, no attempt has been issued from their side trying to have this problem resolved besides the usual run-around "Your battery only has 1 year warranty as listed in our warranty policy." I am not sure how my situation will pan out, but I do advise any existing Illegear owners to check your laptop batteries and have them replace it if you are still under warranty. For any prospective buyers looking into getting Illegear laptops, please beware of this issue and rethink your purchase with them.

FYI, I have made this account just to post this. And I have attempted to get into contact with someone in charge to discuss my issues without any success.
Dear all,

Update (28 Jan): I had a discussion with Illegear and we managed to come to a mutual agreement that I am happy with. Credit where credit is due. Kudos to Illegear for proving me wrong.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:26 PM