Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ILLEGEAR Custom Performance Laptops v.4, AMD RYZEN 4800H with FREE AC Valhalla

views

NickedAsy
post Dec 15 2020, 07:51 AM

~: 6-Star Space Marshall :~
1,763 posts

QUOTE(luxollidd @ Dec 15 2020, 01:08 AM)
got mine today

ordered onyx v ryzen 4800h 2060 on 30th november, got message that my order is ready for collection on 14th dec. so far am really happy with the laptop. was initially worried about the poor built quality as reported in some threads (reddit, lyn) but mine is perfect so far.

yet to see how it'll last for years to come. but im happy nonetheless
Great bro. Tolong test kao kao and post your speeds here. biggrin.gif
I'm waiting for mine in shipping status. Ordered on 15th Nov. Hope no lemony issues as the bro above. sweat.gif
NickedAsy
post Dec 15 2020, 08:17 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(teamjoker @ Dec 15 2020, 08:00 AM)
Whats your ETA when you ordered? How come you all can get so fast?
ETA mentioned 10-20 days, so actually already lepas it. But during ordering it also cakap mid Dec so I sus they probably do bulk ordering from set time ranges for cheaper overseas shipping kot.
NickedAsy
post Dec 15 2020, 09:38 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(Gentleman_League @ Dec 15 2020, 09:04 AM)
Please get it checked, my SSD gave me signals before it fried as you mentioned above it hangs and reboot. Please get it fix ASAP I’m afraid you’ll be facing the same thing
What SSD brand fried ya?
NickedAsy
post Dec 15 2020, 10:05 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(Gentleman_League @ Dec 15 2020, 10:01 AM)
Solid State Drive: 1TB Samsung PM981a M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive (3500r|3000w mbps)

I Opt-ed this
Walao. Never expected the branded one to fry. I also opted for this. sweat.gif
NickedAsy
post Dec 15 2020, 11:05 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(Gentleman_League @ Dec 15 2020, 10:11 AM)
Yes i was told, it was the best in the market by far. Please get yours checked u  cry.gif
Dang, hopefully just a faulty batch that time je and you won the jackpot. laugh.gif
How you tested it ya? Using crystaldiskmark?
NickedAsy
post Dec 15 2020, 11:16 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(Gentleman_League @ Dec 15 2020, 11:14 AM)
I did not check it, initially it gave me signals such as frozen screen and force restart then it slowly gets blue screen until it finally gave up it, your PC wont start up it will stuck at boot up program.
hmm, so the SSD/NVME dies roughly the same way a HDD does. hmm.gif
Wonder is it due to the stress test by the QC team that caused it to overheat. laugh.gif
NickedAsy
post Dec 15 2020, 01:49 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(Gentleman_League @ Dec 15 2020, 11:35 AM)
not sure bro.. my PC did overheat after back from first service (SSD problems) while i put my laptop in sleeping mood whilst i was charging it, It get intensely heat on the top of the laptop. I did msg illegear team, they said its kinda normal .. so i leave it be, till my GPU fried (Not sure its the heat from charging?)
Yeah. I read your case earlier. Kinda weird a lappy will heat up until can almost fry egg when charging while in sleep mode. OTOH I did kill half the screen of my Samsung S4 when I was playing a 3D heavy game and charging it at the same time AND tertidur atas the phone giving it a nice warm fleshy blanket. Woke up wondering why my skin was burning and saw it flickering di. Oops. doh.gif

QUOTE(teamjoker @ Dec 15 2020, 11:44 AM)
If defect, those manufacturers that uses this batch will complain.
That's why I said he hit the jackpot. laugh.gif

QUOTE(santaclaus92 @ Dec 15 2020, 11:50 AM)
Got my Onyx V Ryzen 4800H + 1650 on 14 Nov, which was exactly 1 month ago. Been running Solidworks and Premiere Pro smoothly. Battery lasts about 3 hrs at battery saving mode from the moment I detach from charger until when low battery notification pops out.

One small feedback: colleague wonders what webcam I am using during online meeting as the angle is weirdly positioned 

So far a satisfied user  wub.gif
Dang, just noticed the webcam is at the bottom. Habis la everytime need to korek hidung and trim hairs before meetings. sweat.gif

On another note, my Onyx V Ryzen baru sampai! Outer box kemek sikit but luckily stuffs inside got ample space. Curi curi doing minor tests while at work kejap. rclxs0.gif
I noticed scratches on the bag at first glance hmm.gif . Nanti balik bukak need to inspect properly.

user posted image
user posted image
NickedAsy
post Dec 15 2020, 02:15 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(teamjoker @ Dec 15 2020, 01:56 PM)
Webcam at bottom of screen?  The Huawei mate book is at the keyboard. Lagi teruk.
Wonder why they started this fad. Mesti some fetish looking up someone's nose. sweat.gif
Bila some innovative company wanna start under display cam? Terus can do bezelless display drool.gif
NickedAsy
post Dec 15 2020, 04:04 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(bottomfrag @ Dec 15 2020, 03:12 PM)
Yeah feels bad just reading about it. Hope they do right by you. Good luck!

edit. Maybe they can ship the new unit to you first and allow you to ship back your current lemon using the new one's packaging. That'd solve your packaging issue.
This is a risky way to do business but a good way to keep the faith of their customers and all who are watching this case. After all the user has been going through so many issues rendering it unusable on a totally brand new unit.
NickedAsy
post Dec 16 2020, 08:06 AM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(Gentleman_League @ Dec 15 2020, 07:47 PM)
Hello guys, my laptop has been arrived Illegear HQ safely. They agree to compensates me 1 to 1 exchanges , but they need to verify it’s GPU failure before replace me a new one.

Will look forward for my new laptop, finger cross everything goes well on my end. Will update u guys once I have an update from them when my laptop is on the way!

Just me crying, gonna re download all my games 🥲🥲🥲🥲
At least can manage to solve the issues once and for all! flex.gif
NickedAsy
post Dec 16 2020, 04:47 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Dec 16 2020, 04:38 PM)
just wan to ask since i dun quite understand this.

when illegear did all the stress test and other tests to make sure the laptop passed the QC, how come all the test no problems when the GPU is not working due to missing driver?

if driver missing and GPU not working, shouldn't at least one of the test during QC failed?
user posted image
Based on the picture I pasted before, you can see the power on hours. Excluding the time I turned on to do my initial setup and messing around a bit before running crystalmark, it only ran for 2 hours.
Could be possible they either performed stress test outside of the OS environment, or they temporarily used their own drive other than the customer's before switching back.
Or there's a way to reset the hours before handing over to the customer which I doubt it. All just my speculation though.
NickedAsy
post Dec 18 2020, 02:28 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(TheStig123 @ Dec 18 2020, 09:23 AM)
anyone having weird pop-up error on their ryzen (onyx v) laptop? pop-up shows LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The specified module could not be found.
https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/loadl...not/td-p/159900
Seems to be related to AMD drivers. Maybe you can try download from Illegear web and reinstall?
NickedAsy
post Dec 20 2020, 02:08 PM

1,763 posts

Wish got way to stop the battery charging on demand or after certain percentage. Sometimes worry about trickle charge when plugging for days when doing background rendering or heavy tasks.
NickedAsy
post Dec 22 2020, 02:04 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(jack2 @ Dec 22 2020, 01:29 PM)
Windows media player. tried download K lite code and still the same.
Use software to download
Possible to record using your phone how it lags tak? Kinda interesting issue. My desktop used to do that due to my psu underpowered and not able to support my rig.
NickedAsy
post Dec 22 2020, 07:55 PM

1,763 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Dec 22 2020, 07:44 PM)
user posted image
Hey guys, are we eligible for this?
https://promo.amd-malaysia.com/ryzenxrazer
Illegear not listed. Damn..

user posted image
NickedAsy
post Jan 23 2021, 04:23 PM

1,763 posts

Anybody on an onyx v r or any of its illegear series find tapping the spacebar at the corners hard to register. On either 4 corners.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0997sec    0.64    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st August 2021 - 06:15 PM