views

TSflagstar
post Apr 4 2019, 01:59 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(1024kbps @ Apr 3 2019, 11:55 PM)
Real man only use Delta/San Ace, minimum 4 ampere  cool2.gif
The fan will cool the whole the whole room and including you  rclxms.gif

Jokes aside, My favorite definitely is Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoon 1850/2150 version.
It wont scream even if running at max speed, low start up voltage if i recall correctly, almost behaves like a PWM fan.
Try or grab one if you can.

2. NoiseBlocker M12p
3. San Ace, but all these fans are difficult to acquire.

You can get an idea from here http://www.silentpcreview.com/section12.html

As for noctua, most of them are silent oriented pc fans, you will want the IndustrialPPC version as they run much faster.
Get a high speed fan with pwm support if possible, most 3 pins high speed fan will drive you crazy.
Huh, that's new for me, I didn't knew there was industrial ppc until you guys brought it up, definitely will look for it to assist with my air cooling setup build. Another thing that I learnt from the link you gave me, putting sleeve bearing fan (which is all of my current case fans) other than vertical position would have higher failure rate.

For PWM, I do need to get at least a controller right? My new case do not have built-in PWM support

QUOTE(Steve Lum @ Apr 4 2019, 02:56 AM)
An example of my setup just for reference. It's not great but it will do  laugh.gif It's a pretty old case so it has no side glass but the size of it is really good for upgrades and airflow.
Front: CM Megaflow 200mm& Sickleflow (Air-In)
Side Upper: Corsair SP120 x 2 for GPU airflow (Air-In)
Side Lower: CM sickleflow x2 (bottom) (Air-In) from outside of case into Noctua NF-F12 x2 into radiator (air-push) and out through radiator by CM Xtraflo x2 (air-pull& Air-Out)
Top: Corsair LL120 x3 (Air-Out)
Rear: Corsair AF140 (Air-Out)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Don't judge sad.gif I have weird fans obsession and having empty fan slots looks weird haha

A recommended fans setup for your case could be
Front: 3x Noctua Industrial PPC 120
Top: 3x Corsair LL120
Rear: 1x Noctua Industrial PPC (for performance) or 1x Corsair AF120 (performance with fixed LED light and on budget) or 1x Corsair LL120 (to complete ur RGB sweat.gif )

I'm not a pro however, so looking for certain comparison or reviews online would be great. Hope I helped
My new case can support up to 7 120mm fans or 4 120mm x 2 140mm fans as the front panel can only support 120mm fan. I find this as no issue, as long there's 3 slot. I'm planning to replace those front panel fans as your suggestion with 2 or 3 industrial ppc fans while moving the current one to top intake. It would wear out the current fan but it's cheap to replace anyway. Later in the road, swapping those top intake fan to better fan or aio. Only concern with this setup is the type of airflow in the case.

Does the corsair LL 120 really good? I'm having doubt looking at the fan spec, about 40 CFM each which is like my sickleflow fan(?) Lets just say I'm ignoring all the fancy rgb and prefer performance.

1024kbps
post Apr 4 2019, 06:45 PM

李素裳
5,781 posts

QUOTE(flagstar @ Apr 4 2019, 01:59 PM)
Huh, that's new for me, I didn't knew there was industrial ppc until you guys brought it up, definitely will look for it to assist with my air cooling setup build. Another thing that I learnt from the link you gave me, putting sleeve bearing fan (which is all of my current case fans) other than vertical position would have higher failure rate.

For PWM, I do need to get at least a controller right? My new case do not have built-in PWM support
My new case can support up to 7 120mm fans or 4 120mm x 2 140mm fans as the front panel can only support 120mm fan. I find this as no issue, as long there's 3 slot. I'm planning to replace those front panel fans as your suggestion with 2 or 3 industrial ppc fans while moving the current one to top intake. It would wear out the current fan but it's cheap to replace anyway. Later in the road, swapping those top intake fan to better fan or aio. Only concern with this setup is the type of airflow in the case.

Does the corsair LL 120 really good? I'm having doubt looking at the fan spec, about 40 CFM each which is like my sickleflow fan(?) Lets just say I'm ignoring all the fancy rgb and prefer performance.
High Temperature will increase the vaporization rate of the oil beatween the bearing and and shaft,
early sign of dying sleeve bearing fan is leaking oil, when it's almost dying it will rattle, and eventually stuck, some wont spinning unless you move it with your finger sweat.gif

Fluid bearing is almost "maintenance free", but expensive, while ball bearing will have hissing noise, and might increase over time.
Other rare bearing is maglev type.

For passive type Pwm support get this https://gelidsolutions.com/thermal-solution...-to-4-splitter/
But passive type has limitation, the cpu/mobo pwm header can only control 4 pwm fans, more than 4 the pwm will not working(100% speed).
also can't support more than 1 ampere total, you can contact mobo maker for the actual spec.
Steve Lum
post Apr 5 2019, 02:37 AM

Ayyyyy
709 posts

QUOTE(flagstar @ Apr 4 2019, 01:59 PM)

Noctua NF-F12 does come with a pwm Y-splitter like this that you can connect 2 fans to a single fan header. Though, it's industrial counterpart probably doesn't come with it. But like what kbps said, there will be limitation on how much power those headers can give out, having a 12W and 1A power limit (each NF-F12 Industrial V. takes up 3.6W and 0.3A). However, there's certain motherboards such as Asus that has H_Amp headers which supports up to 3Amps.
And for those LL120, it should be suffice considering heat rises, and those fans are enough to boost and push those heat out from your case. They're really quiet too, which is a total plus to me. I used to have CM xtraflo fans at the top which has 83CFM, it does it's job really well but it's noise turns me off with what sounds like a heli next to me due to its high RPM. Bear in mind that top fans will produce the most noise considering it doesn't have much obstruction above it rather than just the filter itself. Unlike frontal fans which have slight obstruction in front (cover) and behind (into ur case) which would have its noise kept to its minimum.

This post has been edited by Steve Lum: Apr 5 2019, 02:38 AM
shidie6990
post Apr 9 2019, 07:56 PM

13 posts

I have exactly same problem like TS, same card, galax rtx 2060. If graphic set to ultra for games like pubg and apex legends, temperature max out 84c. If I lower graphic to low/very low, temperature get lower a bit to 82c.

I have only one table fan in my room 😭

I tweak fan curved using msi afterburner to kick at 70-80% after 70c and lower my fps to 144 to get 74-77c (very low/low graphic setting).

My cpu (ryzen 2600) temperature max around 71-72c.

Maybe will try to change case after this, maybe fractal meshify c mini, hope can solve this problem.

Acid_RuleZz
post Apr 9 2019, 10:50 PM

ミウ ❤
6,610 posts

Honestly, the heatsink on this card should belong to sub 120w GPU.
1024kbps
post Apr 10 2019, 01:23 AM

李素裳
5,781 posts

QUOTE(Acid_RuleZz @ Apr 9 2019, 10:50 PM)
Honestly, the heatsink on this card should belong to sub 120w GPU.
Turing is a hot chip isn't it?
badly designed heat sink + hot chip combo sounds like a receipt for disaster.
shidie6990
post Apr 11 2019, 09:31 AM

13 posts

I'm thinking 2 option, sell this gpu and get another card like zotac amp or buy new case that have a lot of airflow like fractal meshify C. What do you guys suggest?
TSflagstar
post Apr 11 2019, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(1024kbps @ Apr 4 2019, 06:45 PM)
High Temperature will increase the vaporization rate of the oil beatween the bearing and and shaft,
early sign of dying sleeve bearing fan is leaking oil, when it's almost dying it will rattle, and eventually stuck, some wont spinning unless you move it with your finger  sweat.gif

Fluid bearing is almost "maintenance free", but expensive, while ball bearing will have hissing noise, and might increase over time.
Other rare bearing is maglev type.

For passive type Pwm support get this https://gelidsolutions.com/thermal-solution...-to-4-splitter/
But passive type has limitation, the cpu/mobo pwm header can only control 4 pwm fans, more than 4 the pwm will not working(100% speed).
also can't support more than 1 ampere total, you can contact mobo maker for the actual spec.
QUOTE(Steve Lum @ Apr 5 2019, 02:37 AM)
Noctua NF-F12 does come with a pwm Y-splitter like this that you can connect 2 fans to a single fan header. Though, it's industrial counterpart probably doesn't come with it. But like what kbps said, there will be limitation on how much power those headers can give out, having a 12W and 1A power limit (each NF-F12 Industrial V. takes up 3.6W and 0.3A). However, there's certain motherboards such as Asus that has H_Amp headers which supports up to 3Amps.
And for those LL120, it should be suffice considering heat rises, and those fans are enough to boost and push those heat out from your case. They're really quiet too, which is a total plus to me. I used to have CM xtraflo fans at the top which has 83CFM, it does it's job really well but it's noise turns me off with what sounds like a heli next to me due to its high RPM. Bear in mind that top fans will produce the most noise considering it doesn't have much obstruction above it rather than just the filter itself. Unlike frontal fans which have slight obstruction in front (cover) and behind (into ur case) which would have its noise kept to its minimum.
Noted. Aside from Noctua and it's ippc counterpart which can be bought at nearest czone shop (or lowyat if I have too much free time), other industrial fan are harder to find in stores except online. Well I'm not getting one very soon, already splurge a lot on case tongue.gif

QUOTE(shidie6990 @ Apr 11 2019, 09:31 AM)
I'm thinking 2 option, sell this gpu and get another card like zotac amp or buy new case that have a lot of airflow like fractal meshify C. What do you guys suggest?
Dunno about other cards that have better cooling solution but if you've already bought it, just use it. I had same problem until I swap to a new case and now it's much bearable to run (fan still hit 80% on 80c max). What's your current case?

shidie6990
post Apr 11 2019, 07:17 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(flagstar @ Apr 11 2019, 01:32 PM)
Noted. Aside from Noctua and it's ippc counterpart which can be bought at nearest czone shop (or lowyat if I have too much free time), other industrial fan are harder to find in stores except online. Well I'm not getting one very soon, already splurge a lot on case  tongue.gif
Dunno about other cards that have better cooling solution but if you've already bought it, just use it. I had same problem until I swap to a new case and now it's much bearable to run (fan still hit 80% on 80c max). What's your current case?
Current case aigo black tech mini case. Maybe I'll try change case first.
TSflagstar
post Apr 11 2019, 08:41 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(shidie6990 @ Apr 11 2019, 07:17 PM)
Current case aigo black tech mini case. Maybe I'll try change case first.
mATX, almost the same layout as my previous case but yours can install more fan. Upgrade to at least ATX case for better airflow in my opinion or add more fans (to better one at least). That card really need airflow to cool it down.

dunhill1410
post Apr 11 2019, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(1024kbps @ Apr 10 2019, 01:23 AM)
Turing is a hot chip isn't it?
badly designed heat sink + hot chip combo sounds like a receipt for disaster.
My 2060 temps are just fine in an old mid-tower casing. It's a MSI XS card. I think it's just Galax.
shidie6990
post Apr 12 2019, 05:10 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(flagstar @ Apr 11 2019, 08:41 PM)
mATX, almost the same layout as my previous case but yours can install more fan. Upgrade to at least ATX case for better airflow in my opinion or add more fans (to better one at least). That card really need airflow to cool it down.
Happy to report, after change my case to fractal design meshify ATX case. Pubg ultra setting max temp before change case was 84c, after change case 76c (temp stabilize at 74-75c). Apex legend (mixed setting, high and low) before change case, max temp was 83c, after change case 73c.

I'm so relieved now 😆

This post has been edited by shidie6990: Apr 12 2019, 11:35 PM
kurtkob78
post Apr 12 2019, 11:01 PM

Do your best
3,830 posts

after about 2 minutes, my zotac 2060 twin fan gets to 83C depends on game and settings. if old games and set vsync on, it can run below 70C
SUSpundi
post Apr 13 2019, 05:28 AM

Enthusiast
789 posts

my gtx 1060 6gb also constently at 84-85 at 74-75% fan speed in a Q300L matx casing la...i think its our ambient temp cause this...anyway still working great...it may sound hot but chip memang can withstand this kind of heat.
wongtheboy92
post Apr 13 2019, 01:44 PM

Enthusiast
802 posts

So how did you resolve your high-temp issue? Underclock or undervolt can be one method. Aside from that, reapply the thermal paste of your card.
TSflagstar
post Apr 13 2019, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(pundi @ Apr 13 2019, 05:28 AM)
my gtx 1060 6gb also constently at 84-85 at 74-75% fan speed in a Q300L matx casing la...i think its our ambient temp cause this...anyway still working great...it may sound hot but chip memang can withstand this kind of heat.
Pascal card can still perform well under those temperature because my old 1060 3gb always operate under those temp and it has higher temp limit iirc. Turing card however (rtx series) has default max temp limit to 83c and this card of mine reach those in no time.

QUOTE(wongtheboy92 @ Apr 13 2019, 01:44 PM)
So how did you resolve your high-temp issue? Underclock or undervolt can be one method. Aside from that, reapply the thermal paste of your card.
Switching to new casing with better airflow solved it along with undervolting the card. Now I get around 70~77c when gaming (max 80c) while maintaining 1890MHz boost clock. I didn't reapply thermal paste yet, as mentioned in previous post, this card is still brand new and I don't really want to risk the warranty

Champinidan
post Apr 27 2019, 06:50 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

I am not sure if that is so big temperature for this video card from what I know. My old Radeon 6950 works damn fine and I just looked at it and it's around the same, okay, maybe a bit lower, like 75 in full at least it was. Do you have few inner coolers in your case just to be sure ?

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:54 PM