Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Investment StashAway Malaysia, Multi-Region ETF at your fingertips!

views

Quazacolt
post Dec 27 2020, 03:13 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(ali00 @ Dec 27 2020, 02:26 PM)
Had 4k in SA for 1+ year divided into 3 portfolio - 14, 18, and 36%. My total ROI is 200 on 14% and 18%. 36% i'm not having any return due to many ups and down.

Only 5%? Lmao gg
Too many port, too many transactional and Forex loss.

I got only one 36% and also put in 4k+ and gained about 800
Quazacolt
post Dec 27 2020, 05:44 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(ali00 @ Dec 27 2020, 03:41 PM)
would you recommend me me transfer all to 36%?
Your investment your money your decisions
Quazacolt
post Dec 28 2020, 01:22 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(xander83 @ Dec 28 2020, 12:13 PM)
DCA or one time deposit gain on your gain?  rclxms.gif
DCA and ramped up during February/March
Quazacolt
post Jan 1 2021, 04:43 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(MohdPuskas @ Jan 1 2021, 11:12 AM)
Sorry kinda new to this, can we check when the right favourable exchange and where our money invest into?
bro are you greatly confusing with ETF investment and stock market trading? you might wanna read up and understand on the fundamentals before risking your money.

education is key.
knowledge is power.
both Myself, and we as Malaysians severely lacking, regardless of reasons and/or excuse.
Quazacolt
post Jan 26 2021, 09:25 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(taiping... @ Jan 25 2021, 07:36 PM)
Hmm ive been analyzing my stashaway

My returns r rm700 and ive only put in for 3 months. My capital is rm7400. Isnt tat 38% return? So 30% per annum is possible

Pls correct me if wrong
Bro, only 3 months you want to consider that fixed for long term? Very unrealistic expectations bro
Quazacolt
post Feb 14 2021, 02:33 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ Feb 13 2021, 07:38 PM)
inb4 "Why are you trying to reverse engineer this?"
I didn't know what I was doing back then, now I want to know if I should continue keeping my money in SA or take it out to invest manually. Frankly speaking, the performance has been disappointing, and I want to know why.
On top of that, there's a 3+USD conversion back to RM to pay the management fee every month, so shitty conversion rate would really hurt investments in SA.

OR, if anyone is going to make a deposit into SA soon, please do me a favour and compare your post-conversion amount to other fintechs? Thank you!
majority of retail investors/manual investments still struggle to beat fintech like SA gains even if they hopped on a peak with market fluctuations.
unless of course you're really good, then DIY would be better.

yes the FX + "low management fees" are well, fees.
and despite these "shortcomings", it still beat a good majority of unit trusts/mutual funds and DIY investments for a "no brainer" investing

considering performance/gains is what you're after, bump it up 36% smile.gif
the other SRI are quite frankly, lackluster as what you're experiencing now.
Quazacolt
post Feb 14 2021, 02:41 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ Feb 14 2021, 01:40 AM)
So is it something to do with my risk profile after all?
YES.
https://www.stashaway.sg/r/our-returns-2020
user posted image
Quazacolt
post Feb 14 2021, 02:48 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ Feb 14 2021, 02:08 AM)
My SA risk index is 10% since inception, never changed that, never topped up nor withdrawn. wondering if I can/should do something about it?
So that's the missing puzzle that's been missing from conversations.

bump it up to 36%.

QUOTE(Hoshiyuu @ Feb 14 2021, 02:16 AM)
market has done nothing but go up and SA happily reports good returns during this period, even if considering the lower risk setting...
i would say a combo of weak gains for 10% SRI + bought at peak.
lump in during a bad peak

QUOTE(idyllrain @ Feb 14 2021, 02:26 AM)
10% risk index only has 20% of the portfolio in equities (remaining 60% in bonds, 19% in gold, and 1% in cash). Bonds underperform equities in rising/recovering markets.

Do you think that the equities markets in US/China/Europe would continue to do well in the years ahead?
If yes, then increasing your allocation to equities is something that you can do by changing your portfolio risk index higher.

How much should you be in equities?
Generally the younger you are, the longer your investment horizon can be (this depends on what you are investing for).
The longer your investment horizon, you have more time to let your investment grow and recover from corrections and crashes, hence the higher the allocation to equities can be.
the in depth info thumbup.gif

on the last past and as a side note: going equities /stocks + SAMY together is counter productive in a sense.
if you're not with the market, be it long term investor or day trading, by all means SAMY will out perform.
vise versa though, SAMY isn't gonna make you really rich in the short term or even long term depending on how good you are at moving your equities/ETFs etc. hence if you're good on the market, then you can out perform SAMY DIY.
Quazacolt
post Feb 14 2021, 03:15 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ Feb 14 2021, 03:04 AM)
Hello, did I just get conveniently excluded from the statistics with my -0.56% TWR/MWR? laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Thanks. I do have some long term investment on stocks outside SA, so increasing risk index to focus on equities feels like I'm putting too many eggs into the same basket... or am I wrong to think so? I'm not saying I have eyes on all kinds of industries/sectors, but I'm thinking a market crash would affect every stock out there.
Honestly I was expecting it to perform better than FD or heck, my saving account lol, but I can't bring myself to top up to a portfolio that tells me -0.56% TWR, meanwhile my manual investment is going strong at 15%+

It's hard to think that it was a bad peak when the market right now is better than in Aug 2020. So was I really just unlucky with the AI/whoever working on my account? I'm trying hard to convince myself about SA haha
365 days in 2020 vs 1 day lump sum leh tongue.gif
aug - dec 2020 is also missing out on early 2020 dip/peak bull runs lol

anyways, no you're not wrong to think so because SAMY is essentially majority ETF on their highest risks.
so your DIY stocks is pretty much "same" as what SAMY is doing, except they do for you. hence my earlier post - pick a side and focus it depending whether you're good at the market or not.
or split for the sake of diversification.

the drawbacks for diversification is always dilution.
meaning you stand to miss out gains as you diverse into other not so gaining sources.

so again, simple solution = bump it to 36%, start gaining, then you decide if you wanna pull out or continue.

disclaimer: however yes, the market. risk vs reward, for many old timers, SAMY wasn't always bull running forever.
I'm not an old timer and i joined in the dip/peak of early 2020 (increased deposits) even though i originally started around Sep 2019 with around maybe RM100 monthly / some months also skip aka 0 sweat.gif
Quazacolt
post Mar 6 2021, 09:01 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ Mar 5 2021, 11:24 PM)
inb4 new investors get scared away by the reds laugh.gif
it's going to be red for some time... i got about rm300+ wiped from my profits on SAMY also laugh.gif
Quazacolt
post Mar 6 2021, 07:46 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(pinksapphire @ Mar 6 2021, 03:43 PM)
I started two weeks ago and never tasted profit, straight went to -RM400 loss, so, it's pretty bad if anyone's a newbie, sure cry if wasn't prepared for that.

Since I plan for long term, I have patience, just don't give me any shock will do, lol...will just DCA cuz this is what SA is for.

Btw, I've asked before, pardon me for this. have 36% RI, 16% and I plan to have smaller amount for 8%, is it wise? I did look at the exposure, man, gold is still quite significant. But aside that, putting more in gov bonds may not be a bad idea? Anyway, smaller amount just for additional diversification purpose in case market tumble with my other RIs, okay or very silly?

Appreciate your thoughts.
Personally I only want to have one 36% port since I aim for higher growth while willing to deal with the risk.

I don't have enough capital to sustain too many ports.

Remember the flip side of diversification : dilution.
Your profits get diluted too.
Quazacolt
post Mar 12 2021, 10:31 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(xander83 @ Mar 12 2021, 09:28 AM)
I think you are even newer than me  rclxms.gif
You do realize that there's a distinct difference between market trading and market investing, right?

SAMY is supposed to be an investment platform, not for you to trade.
You're better off using other platforms (IBKR, eToro etc) for trading. That way you can time your ETF and FOREX to kingdom come.
Quazacolt
post Mar 27 2021, 07:03 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(encikbuta @ Mar 25 2021, 01:52 PM)
this dude said something along the lines of, "i 'pity' those who just got into investing in year 2020." he elaborates further by saying those who invested into anything in 2020 has effortlessly made a lot of money and it could instill a very dangerous false sense of confidence with new investors. so these new investors expecting the market every year to return 20% p.a. like in year 2020, will tend to jump into riskier bets and ultimately lead to heavy losses.

i can't imagine myself just starting out investing in year 2020. take out money from FD, dump all into stock market / unit trust and make 20% p.a. in just 2020 alone. and then proceed to make like -4% p.a for the next 3 years. not sure what it would do to me as a human being, lol.
i am this new investor in 2020 and have zero prior experiences.
sure enough i took huge gamble and made some loss (though somewhat softened by the gains i enjoyed in SAMY)

laugh.gif
Quazacolt
post Mar 27 2021, 07:16 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ Mar 26 2021, 10:06 PM)
Thanks for reminding me that I'm a potato. Indeed I've only started investing last year and boy, it sure feels good to see myself doing so well DIY compared to SA which as I've shared few weeks back, both my SA 16/36 portfolios were at -5-8% losses then. In fact, I'm still very very skeptical against SAMY because I have never seen my portfolio in green since inception, but I am 2 feet deep into it, cannot realise my loss... so ok lor swallow that skepticism and continue DCA... If anything, I'm actually trusting you forumers more than SAMY itself at this point laugh.gif

I guess I'm on the right track that I'm keeping my various jars in tact, no matter how addictive the big green numbers look, don't all in haha. Even lately I had to tell myself I might be saving a bit too much just for the sake of investing.
seeing money grow can be addictive.
as with any other obsessions.

but money is just that, money.
it means nothing when it is not being put to use. (be it long term investing generating more money, or that instant gratification/guilty pleasure.)
Quazacolt
post Mar 27 2021, 07:23 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(Hoshiyuu @ Mar 26 2021, 10:37 PM)
Becareful... you should invest in something because you have done your due diligence and believed it to be correct, not because many others said so, otherwise we'd all be buying GME @ $210 thinking it'd go $10000

At its very core, what we've said is really not much difference than what people tell bagholders either
QUOTE(Takudan @ Mar 26 2021, 10:50 PM)
Ah yes thank you for reminding. Let's just say my current direction is a mix of these:
- indeed I initially jumped into SAMY without doing my homework, but that changed tongue.gif
- I refuse to realise my loss in SAMY lol, just gotta give it a few years to bounce
- for diversification reason, I will not withdraw and put everything into the same basket even if it's making a profit right now
and for my case, switch SAMY with GME tongue.gif

the reminder is extremely important because your own DD/TA/FA etc etc can be very easily clouded by other people's advices/encouragements/and more importantly, RESULTS.
results can differ VERY Greatly because of capital and risk appetite even when both invested/gambled on the same exact stocks and even at the same exact time.
what set 2 person apart will be capital when person a can continue doubling down when it dipped into the low 40, while person b, may be just bag holding ATH 370 and no longer have any more capital to buy the dip.

person A is easily earning 6 figures and can buy a Porsche Cayman recond in cash or a brand new one for half its price paid lol
person B is well, lost maybe few k RM, not huge in contrast to A, but still a lost nonetheless.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Quazacolt
post Apr 5 2021, 11:40 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

Please keep referral links to pm
Quazacolt
post Apr 6 2021, 11:25 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ Apr 6 2021, 10:48 AM)
So, what is the point of having Simple as the intermediate?

Why not just schedule deposit from bank account to the portfolios?

Background on my motive of using Simple: I'm looking for a temporary parking space as I accumulate a sum for DIY investment
In my opinion, pointless really lol

Better to go straight to SAMY and take advantage of "time in investment"
Quazacolt
post Apr 6 2021, 12:16 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Apr 6 2021, 11:29 AM)
regarding this "Time "in" investment"....
how long does this transfer/move the money from Simple to portfolio takes?

as normal Jompay takes 24 hours for SA to sent out receives of funds email....
Also within 24 hours. Not really that liquid.

Simple withdrawal to own accounts even slower
Quazacolt
post Apr 6 2021, 12:17 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(DragonReine @ Apr 6 2021, 11:45 AM)
Very bad laugh.gif takes a week

Sell order in Simple then to trustee account for portfolio investment: T+4 biz days on average
Convert from MYR to USD and then execute buy order: T+2 biz days on average

Total time takes around T+6 biz days
Wait what lol.

Even more pointless than I thought sweat.gif
Quazacolt
post Apr 6 2021, 01:13 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(DragonReine @ Apr 6 2021, 12:52 PM)
legit lol I tahan 2 months before I gave up and go back to my preferred method which is mix of lumpsum + weekly DCA via Jompay lšŸ˜… i cannot handle the long transfer time
Yeah my FOMO senses would be tingling tongue.gif

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0312sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:05 PM