Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

8 Ong by Mazda: CX8

views

tifosi
post Oct 1 2019, 04:01 PM

Friend is someone to share last Cookie with!
4,924 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Oct 1 2019, 03:40 PM)
Finally....Open for booking ; 15% to  20% more costlier than CX5....Meaning proC is reaching RM200k level.
For a full sized 7 seater SUV I think it's quite a good deal.
ayamxxx
post Oct 1 2019, 04:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,074 posts

mahal a bit but dont get the digital speedometer like newest Cx5, mazda 3?
4WD_er
post Oct 1 2019, 04:51 PM

Casual
459 posts

The top specs AWD should surpass RM200k mark, being a diesel and > RM200k I think hard to get any buyer for that one.

Very curious why they do not want to launch a 2.5T AWD verion. That one if price at around RM200k it should get good response.

Also no ACC, WTF !!
budang
post Oct 1 2019, 05:47 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

I'd pick the CX-8 2.2Diesel anytime over the Hyundai Santa Fe. The CX-8 felt a level above the Santa Fe in terms of wheel base length & car length, not to mention Mazda badge got more road presence in Malaysia than Kimchi Hyundai.
ayamxxx
post Oct 1 2019, 08:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,074 posts

QUOTE(4WD_er @ Oct 1 2019, 04:51 PM)
The top specs AWD should surpass RM200k mark, being a diesel and > RM200k I think hard to get any buyer for that one.

Very curious why they do not want to launch a 2.5T AWD verion.  That one if price at around RM200k it should get good response.

Also no ACC, WTF !!
I thought the new mazda design philosophy follow the newest mazda 3, ie get GVC Plus, digital meter, android auto etc.
the kulim made cx8 kinda backward on spec.
rcracer
post Oct 1 2019, 09:19 PM

?????
3,743 posts

2.2d , hold the pedal down and watch the sped climb
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 2 2019, 07:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/chai...tsyear-malaysia

Chairman: Bermaz to sell 2,000 Mazda CX-8 units/year in Malaysia
Liew Jia Teng
/
theedgemarkets.com

October 01, 2019 17:25 pm +08

KULIM (Oct 1): Bermaz Auto Bhd, the sole distributor of Mazda vehicles in Malaysia, is targeting to sell at least 2,000 units of the newly-launched CX-8 sport utility vehicle (SUV) a year in the country.

According to Bermaz executive chairman Datuk Seri Ben Yeoh Choon San, the locally-assembled CX-8 is an extension of the CX-5 segment.

“We are looking to sell around 2,000 units (of CX-8) per annum, which will make it viable to us. Of course, it all depends on price approval from the government.

“Our prices will be competitive, because the CX-8 is a locally-produced family SUV. Our target customers are those little matured families,” he told reporters after the rollout of the CX-8 at the Mazda Malaysia Assembly Plant here today.

According to Bermaz, the CX-8, which is open for booking, will come in six colours: soul red crystal, machine grey, snowflake white pearl, deep crystal blue, sonic silver and jet black.

Official pricing of the CX-8 will be announced in a couple of weeks, the company said.

Bermaz CEO Datuk Francis Lee Kok Chuan, however, has a more ambitious target.

“I think Datuk Seri Ben is being conservative. Personally, I am looking at 2,500 to 3,000 units, that’s my target,” Lee told theedgemarkets.com on the sidelines of the CX-8 rollout event.

4WD_er
post Oct 2 2019, 03:45 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Oct 2 2019, 07:51 AM)
Got from someone in my whatsapp group, holy moly blink.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear all, Mazda CX-8 indicative vehicle price :

Estimated available early of Quarter 4 2019

1, CX-8 2.5L Skyactiv 2WD (2+3+2, No Leather Seat) Est RM 177,000

2, CX-8 2.5L Skyactiv 2WD (2+2+2, No Leather Seat, Walk Through) Est RM 182,000

3, CX- 8 2.5L Skyactiv 2WD (2+2+2, Leather Seat, Center Console) Est RM 197,000

4, CX- 8 2.2L Skyactiv-D AWD (2+2+2, Leather Seat, Center Console) Est RM 222,000

It’s open for booking now, please feel free to contact me for booking if you are interested. Thank you

Your MAZDA Sales Advisor
Grace Low
012-2717588
alextanck84
post Oct 2 2019, 07:53 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

Waiting for big discount on M6 and no kruk kruk sound

QUOTE(4WD_er @ Oct 2 2019, 03:45 PM)
Got from someone in my whatsapp group, holy moly  blink.gif

4, CX- 8 2.2L Skyactiv-D AWD (2+2+2, Leather Seat, Center Console) Est RM 222,000

It’s open for booking now, please feel free to contact me for booking if you are interested. Thank you

Your MAZDA Sales Advisor
Grace Low
012-2717588
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 2 2019, 09:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

Your MAZDA Sales Advisor
Grace Low
012-2717588

Thanks for sharing....Better than
Industry insiders are speculating a price range of RM180,000 to RM250,000.

Source:

https://www.thesundaily.my/business/bermaz-...-cx-8-XY1441123

And...
https://www.thesundaily.my/gear-up/2019-all...ilies-JX1440957

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Oct 2 2019, 09:34 PM
wkc5657
post Oct 3 2019, 10:57 AM

On my way
513 posts

Bermaz, be a sport la....

Dare to challenge HQ and ask for region special, the CX8 2.5L Turbo. Then you see the volume picking up faster.

Since already in cx5, this one almost zero problem as the engine bay is 99% same.

Why :
1) diesel is not our market choice, sini petrol dominate flex.gif
2) any diesel suv, default look to korean, not easy to fight their value proposition, kia/hyundai play this space almost a decade earlier
3) no mainstream player (toyota/honda/nissan/proton) has a high powered turbocharged mid size suv (and because your cx9 siao expensive, people rather pay for q5/x1/x3/glc even though a smaller)
--> especially appealing to potential CRV customers that feels like the 1.5T is under powered (there will be some volume) but don't want to consider proton X70
4) skyactiv-D engine recommend euro5 diesel; although now more widespread, still not available everywhere. You are limiting your potential in certain areas.
5) your skyactiv-D have DPF, another added maintenance item, hence the requirement of higher quality diesel (related to item 4). Did you seriously educate your customers that bought diesel the quirks of DPF?
--> korean diesel engine no DPF, can hantam euro2 even in ulu areas, no need worry.

That's why 2.5T cx8 will sell better. Bermaz, i showed you the market gap, call me yumcha devil.gif

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Oct 3 2019, 11:16 AM
ayamxxx
post Oct 3 2019, 11:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,074 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Oct 3 2019, 10:57 AM)

Dare to challenge HQ and ask for region special, the CX8 2.5L Turbo. Then you see the volume picking up faster.

Since already in cx5, this one almost zero problem as the engine bay is 99% same.

Why :
1) diesel is not our market choice, sini petrol dominate  flex.gif
2) any diesel suv, default look to korean, not easy to fight their value proposition, kia/hyundai play this space almost a decade earlier
3) no mainstream player (toyota/honda/nissan/proton) has a high powered turbocharged mid size suv (and because your cx9 siao expensive, people rather pay for q5/x1/x3/glc even though a smaller)
--> especially appealing to potential CRV customers that feels like the 1.5T is under powered (there will be some volume) but don't want to consider proton X70
4) skyactiv-D engine recommend euro5 diesel; although now more widespread, still not available everywhere. You are limiting your potential in certain areas.
5) your skyactiv-D have DPF, another added maintenance item, hence the requirement of higher quality diesel (related to item 4). Did you seriously educate your customers that bought diesel the quirks of DPF?
--> korean diesel engine no DPF, can hantam euro2 even in ulu areas, no need worry.

That's why 2.5T cx8 will sell better. Bermaz, i showed you the market gap, call me yumcha  devil.gif
100% agreed.
Then it is known that newest mazda will follow the mazda 3 design/spec criteria, ie gvc plus, digital speedometer, android auto etc.

However this cx8 not get 2.5T, did not get digital speedometer, Android auto not sure, gvc plus not sure.
Fat & Fluffy
post Oct 3 2019, 03:22 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(tifosi @ Oct 1 2019, 06:01 PM)
For a full sized 7 seater SUV I think it's quite a good deal.
its not considered a full size... its a 5+2/4+2

QUOTE(budang @ Oct 1 2019, 07:47 PM)
I'd pick the CX-8 2.2Diesel anytime over the Hyundai Santa Fe. The CX-8 felt a level above the Santa Fe in terms of wheel base length & car length, not to mention Mazda badge got more road presence in Malaysia than Kimchi Hyundai.
u r just comparing dimensions lor... nobody does that... there're other aspects to consider too

at cx-8 size, its between santa fe n palisade
4WD_er
post Oct 3 2019, 04:16 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(budang @ Oct 1 2019, 05:47 PM)
I think at the end of the day, the 2 are priced quite closely, so I would also agree that most of ppl will go for CX-8 Diesel instead of Santa Fe.

However I actually think that the Santa Fe or Sorento look better than CX-8. CX-8 is longer, and taller than the Korean duo, but 5cm narrower. In some Australian SUV comparison video actually all the reviewers said CX-8 looks ODD blink.gif as it has a very skinny look, a bit out of proportions.

Interior space actually CX-8 is not any bigger than Santa / Sorento, because it has a much longer hood up front. But the longer wheelbase aids the ingress and egress for the 3rd row passengers. And it has the walk thru center aisle on the mid spec +. But that one is FWD only sad.gif
rcracer
post Oct 3 2019, 04:54 PM

?????
3,743 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Oct 3 2019, 10:57 AM)

Why :
1) diesel is not our market choice, sini petrol dominate  flex.gif

That's why 2.5T cx8 will sell better. Bermaz, i showed you the market gap, call me yumcha  devil.gif
2.2d has been around since 2016 , no issues related to dpf also , just drive like normal car

euro 2 even without dpf is bad for the engine already

tomokomiki
post Oct 3 2019, 06:12 PM

Casual
324 posts

Your MAZDA Sales Advisor
Grace Low
012-2717588
Macam targeting Fortuner's customers.
wkc5657
post Oct 3 2019, 10:23 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Oct 3 2019, 04:54 PM)
2.2d has been around since 2016 , no issues related to dpf  also , just drive like normal car

euro 2 even without dpf is bad for the engine already
DPF equipped diesel engines are rare in our market, so no one really knows the quirks and do's/don'ts of DPF :
1) If turn off engine during regen, do it too many times, you literally "flood" your crankcase with diesel. Hence there are 2 marks on the dipstick of a diesel engine with DPF. Breached upper limit, means drain everything, replace with new oil.
2) with diesel in the crankcase, the engine oil itself is diluted, meaning the lubrication properties are not optimal, causing added wear to the components.
3) DPF is a maintenance item, once filled up, best is to change the whole DPF, and these costs quite some money.

The only saving grace is that our climate is hot, so the regen can technically be quicker/faster.

So how many people actually knows these quirks? Did bermaz properly educate these buyers on these quirks and tell them what to look out for?

Owning a diesel vehicle with DPF is only optimal for those people that pile on a lot of mileage and accrue savings from the fuel consumption (as we know that diesel fuel consumption on highway cruising is significantly lower compared to petrol counterpart).

Euro2 or euro5 is a non issue with engine longevity. Starex run by transportation companies that ran up few hundred thousand km also runs quite ok on euro2, so if properly designed, really not a problem. But it affects emissions, which to majority of malaysians, something out of their mind frankly (see the amount of litter in our surroundings and our toxic rivers? Yeah, we may personally not be the perpetrator but because of the overall society's sense of awareness of environmental preservation is almost non existence, perpetrators are not treated seriously/condoned/ignored/sometimes celebrated....)

By limiting to only euro5, the market reach becomes constricted. Hence, i say for the bottom line of bermaz, 2.5T will be a better volume driver of cx8.

rcracer
post Oct 4 2019, 06:03 AM

?????
3,743 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Oct 3 2019, 10:23 PM)
DPF equipped diesel engines are rare in our market, so no one really knows the quirks and do's/don'ts of DPF :
1) If turn off engine during regen, do it too many times, you literally "flood" your crankcase with diesel. Hence there are 2 marks on the dipstick of a diesel engine with DPF. Breached upper limit, means drain everything, replace with new oil.
2) with diesel in the crankcase, the engine oil itself is diluted, meaning the lubrication properties are not optimal, causing added wear to the components.
3) DPF is a maintenance item, once filled up, best is to change the whole DPF, and these costs quite some money.

The only saving grace is that our climate is hot, so the regen can technically be quicker/faster.

So how many people actually knows these quirks? Did bermaz properly educate these buyers on these quirks and tell them what to look out for?

Owning a diesel vehicle with DPF is only optimal for those people that pile on a lot of mileage and accrue savings from the fuel consumption (as we know that diesel fuel consumption on highway cruising is significantly lower compared to petrol counterpart).

Euro2 or euro5 is a non issue with engine longevity. Starex run by transportation companies that ran up few hundred thousand km also runs quite ok on euro2, so if properly designed, really not a problem. But it affects emissions, which to majority of malaysians, something out of their mind frankly (see the amount of litter in our surroundings and our toxic rivers? Yeah, we may personally not be the perpetrator but because of the overall society's sense of awareness of environmental preservation is almost non existence, perpetrators are not treated seriously/condoned/ignored/sometimes celebrated....)

By limiting to only euro5, the market reach becomes constricted. Hence, i say for the bottom line of bermaz, 2.5T will be a better volume driver of cx8.
boss , I'm owner of 2.2d , together in club with 12 others all diesel.

zero issues
IamAHuman
post Oct 4 2019, 08:41 AM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Oct 4 2019, 06:03 AM)
boss , I'm owner of 2.2d , together in club with 12 others all diesel.

zero issues
How long have you owned the diesel? What's the mileage now?

Heard that it's not as fuel economical if compared to the Beemer's diesel. True?
ayamxxx
post Oct 4 2019, 09:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,074 posts

QUOTE(IamAHuman @ Oct 4 2019, 08:41 AM)
How long have you owned the diesel? What's the mileage now?

Heard that it's not as fuel economical if compared to the Beemer's diesel. True?
yes, FC not good as other conti Diesel.
cz mazda opted for low compression diesel engine which give a kinda petrol engine properties, a bit higher rpm vs other diesel, less cluttering sound.
the trade of it is the FC.

other diesel engine put massive compression which give better FC but cw cluttering issues, relatively low rpm range

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0250sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:51 PM