TSchichichi
post Jul 4 2018, 10:38 AM

Casual
403 posts

Sharing some pictures of the hacking and fixing wall for front bedroom
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Going to proceed to build roof slab 2.5 feet across the front wall.

This post has been edited by chichichi: Jul 4 2018, 10:41 AM
sonerin
post Jul 4 2018, 02:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,690 posts

QUOTE(chichichi @ Jul 4 2018, 09:24 AM)
I am told that because it is solid, it is less noisy compared to normal poly or zink roof. Yet to actually experience it, will try and take some video if available
👌
TSchichichi
post Jul 5 2018, 05:07 PM

Casual
403 posts

The slab at the front if the master bedroom. I asked the contractor if it will be sturdy-coz thinking of install ini awning in the future.

Contractor send this picture to assure me.

Attached Image
TSchichichi
post Jul 6 2018, 05:08 PM

Casual
403 posts

Good afternoon,

The progress have been good so far. Today the contractor have installed the backyard fence.

The current brick fence was about 5 feet maybe, and for us its quite too low. Thinking of children, they could easily climb over or accidentally trip over to the other side, which is about 10-15 feet drop.

We toyed with lots of ideas at first. Louvers- wher it allows wind and light to pass through but still allow for privacy to us. But then we found that louvers are not really solid or strong (as compared to steel fence or brick fence). Nways, i was quoted rm5200 for louvers (3 ft X 40 ft)

I tried to get some quotation for steel fence, but not many responded.

We then considered anti theft fencing. I was quoted RM3800 for the same size.

But then we saw that our neighbour have installed their fence, just following the same design of the side fence. And it looked quite nice, so we decided to just keep it uniformed and so we end up using the same design as the existing side fence. Maybe if have more money later, will build brick wall at the side fence - for better privacy from neighbours. Oh and i was quoted RM3200 for the current fence.

This post has been edited by chichichi: Jul 6 2018, 10:36 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Hornet
post Jul 7 2018, 05:26 PM

What?
4,250 posts

Thanks for sharing this.

Just curious, your kitchen extension which mostly consist of aluminium roof and floor tiling, actually cost more than your bedroom extension... is the majority of the cost due to the aluminium roof?

If you didnt mention the cost, I would have thought the bedroom extension is more expensive than the kitchen sweat.gif
TSchichichi
post Jul 8 2018, 07:23 PM

Casual
403 posts

QUOTE(Hornet @ Jul 7 2018, 05:26 PM)
Thanks for sharing this.

Just curious, your kitchen extension which mostly consist of aluminium roof and floor tiling, actually cost more than your bedroom extension...  is the majority of the cost due to the aluminium roof?

If you didnt mention the cost, I would have thought the bedroom extension is more expensive than the kitchen   sweat.gif
Yes true, the backyard cost more than the master bedroom. But this was by far the cheapest quote i gotten.

If i further break down, cost of alum composite roof was rm8700, for 300 sq ft which comes to rm29 per sq ft. Cheap/ fair or expensive?

The tiling was rm2000 for 300 sq ft (hacking and tiling, own tiles) which comes to rm6.7 per sq ft. Cheap, fair or expensive?

I used guocera tiles 2 ft x 1 ft at rm4.90 per tile x 185 tiles (include Ng skirting n gutter) which comes to rm906.50. No extra charge to install the tile

Appreciate comments on the cost.

Thanks

This post has been edited by chichichi: Jul 8 2018, 07:36 PM
Hornet
post Jul 9 2018, 11:56 PM

What?
4,250 posts

Thanks for the reply.

TBH, I don't really know if that is consider expensive or not.
Hopefully others can share some opinion on that.
TSchichichi
post Jul 11 2018, 02:51 PM

Casual
403 posts

Hello!

So what’s new? I just received additional quotation from my contractor.. apparently the additional slab across the front bedroom is additional cost of rm1,600. Honestly i dont know whether thats a fair price or not but since already done- no choice huhuhu

This post has been edited by chichichi: Jul 11 2018, 02:57 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
WhitE LighteR
post Jul 11 2018, 02:55 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(chichichi @ Jul 11 2018, 02:51 PM)
Hello!

So what’s new? I just received additional quotation from my contractor.. apparently the additional slab across the front bedroom is additional cost of rm1,600. Honestly i dont know whether thats a fair price or not but since already done- no choice huhuhu
wah can simply add on price without consulting u first ar?
TSchichichi
post Jul 11 2018, 03:07 PM

Casual
403 posts

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Jul 11 2018, 02:55 PM)
wah can simply add on price without consulting u first ar?
Yeah, this is the first snag with this contractor, that he has added cost with out telling us that the additional work is with additional cost.

So now have to be more firm and cautious and ask if any additional work he offered to do incur additional cost or not.

TSchichichi
post Jul 11 2018, 03:14 PM

Casual
403 posts

Another update-

Been asking around for landscape package.. been quoted rm700 for 1 ft x 8 ft of Dracaena Draco,thaumatococcus and white pebble. I don’t even know what kind of plants these are. Do you know if it’s a fair price?

Thanks
TSchichichi
post Jul 13 2018, 11:09 AM

Casual
403 posts

Hello...

Not much to update coz I was so busy and didnt have much time to check on progress.
Ever since the little snag about the additional cost for the roof slab- me and my contractor not been speaking much to each other hahaha..

nways there is home expo this weekend so we wanted to go and get some quotation for the remaining stuffs that needs to be done.

there are so many thing to figure out (which I havent) its really confusing. Undecided items:

Plaster ceiling design, lighting and fans and airconds
Kitchen cabinet
Shoe cabinet
Wardrobe
Furnishings for main hall
Furnishings for master bedroom
Garden
Alarm system

arghh headache..

This post has been edited by chichichi: Jul 13 2018, 11:10 AM
TSchichichi
post Jul 13 2018, 12:22 PM

Casual
403 posts

Really long life my contractor 😂... just contacted me and send this picture

Apparently the beam at the family living room is the main beam and cannot be dismantled. Have to adjust the layout now that it cover the window. Decided just leave it for now and perhaps a make plaster ceiling to cover it.. but it will make my living room ceiling quite low I think hmmm

Any ideas?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
ObeLIsK
post Jul 16 2018, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

Good stuff and sharing there.

I'm also currently renovating my place, probably will share the details later biggrin.gif

I'd like to ask if you don't mind, why didn't you opt for 2x2ft tiles?
TSchichichi
post Jul 16 2018, 08:03 PM

Casual
403 posts

QUOTE(ObeLIsK @ Jul 16 2018, 05:43 PM)
Good stuff and sharing there.

I'm also currently renovating my place, probably will share the details later biggrin.gif

I'd like to ask if you don't mind, why didn't you opt for 2x2ft tiles?
Thank you for reading my journey.

I chose 2 x 1 tiles to match with the front porch and aesthetically I feel like it’s more nicer.
ObeLIsK
post Jul 16 2018, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

Ah that explains and it does indeed looks good.

Btw was it porcelain or homogeneous tiles that you got?
TSchichichi
post Jul 16 2018, 11:02 PM

Casual
403 posts

QUOTE(ObeLIsK @ Jul 16 2018, 08:30 PM)
Ah that explains and it does indeed looks good.

Btw was it porcelain or homogeneous tiles that you got?
It is guocera porcelain tiles. I did a little research and asked the sales person at the tile shop and they recommended porcelain tiles, this is the good grade one instead of the B grade ones. Other factor to consider is what the area will be used for, ease of cleaning, staining issues. For me, this was the best choice, not too plain to be boring, not slippery and not so difficult to wash. Will feedback more once I moved in hehe
TSchichichi
post Jul 16 2018, 11:11 PM

Casual
403 posts

Hello some further update of my renovation,

My contractor sends pictures of work done today- master bedroom extension outer wall and inner wall done with cementing and waiting to dry.

Then I just realized that I didn’t specify any wiring to be done for that area 😂. Not meticulous enough apparently.

So anyways I’m thinking maybe the wiring/adding of electricity points could be done later with the wiremen that will do the plaster ceiling.

Based on research, I saw the cheapest wiring point is at rm50 each. At a recent expo, the vendor charges one point at rm65.. hmmm will think more.

My house currently is a mess with dirt everywhere so sad. I turn blind eye only lah, and just will make sure my contractor clean everything when he leaves if not I deduct his money haha

This post has been edited by chichichi: Sep 21 2018, 03:58 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSchichichi
post Jul 16 2018, 11:14 PM

Casual
403 posts

My beautiful balcony don’t look like balcony 😭😭
I think the contractor should have covered the working area with canvas and plywood, but this one neglected to do so. Nways, the workers guaranteed it will be cleaned when its done so just keeping my fingers crossed.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSchichichi
post Jul 16 2018, 11:30 PM

Casual
403 posts

QUOTE(chichichi @ Jul 8 2018, 07:23 PM)
Yes true, the backyard cost more than the master bedroom. But this was by far the cheapest quote i gotten.

If i further break down, cost of alum composite roof was rm8700, for 300 sq ft which comes to rm29 per sq ft. Cheap/ fair or expensive?

The tiling was rm2000 for 300 sq ft (hacking and tiling, own tiles) which comes to rm6.7 per sq ft. Cheap, fair or expensive?

I used guocera tiles 2 ft x 1 ft at rm4.90 per tile x 185 tiles (include Ng skirting n gutter) which comes to rm906.50. No extra charge to install the tile

Appreciate comments on the cost.

Thanks

Just wanted to share the info I got from shopping around for alum composite roof, average prices are rm24-28 per sq ft inclusive of installation. So I guess my price is a bit on the pricey side but it’s ok coz my contractor is fixing the lights and sink FOC.

18 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0197sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:40 PM