Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

joshhd
post Today, 07:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Mar 29 2024, 01:43 AM)
My existing contract will end around end October. I bundled the Platinum Pack with Netflix Premium to enjoy the rebates for 24 months. Will Astro continue giving discounts if we intend to downgrade our package? laugh.gif

I will downgrade if no discount is given and shift my Netflix to a standalone subscription.

By default, once your contract ends in October, your contract will auto renew and your existing RM25 monthly rebate (as you can see on your bill) will continue as it is.

But if you mean by "more discounts if you intend to downgrade", then I suggest you might as well call customer service and say you want to terminate (give good reasons like Astro is expensive or you have financial issues), then they'll propose some retention offers to you, which is in a form of additional monthly rebates or free channel/pack previews.

It is already a known practice (to me, at least) that Astro has been doing for decades anyway.
fruitie
post Today, 11:37 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,995 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Mar 29 2024, 07:17 AM)
By default, once your contract ends in October, your contract will auto renew and your existing RM25 monthly rebate (as you can see on your bill) will continue as it is.

But if you mean by "more discounts if you intend to downgrade", then I suggest you might as well call customer service and say you want to terminate (give good reasons like Astro is expensive or you have financial issues), then they'll propose some retention offers to you, which is in a form of additional monthly rebates or free channel/pack previews.

It is already a known practice (to me, at least) that Astro has been doing for decades anyway.
Oh, so the rebate will continue? Somehow I checked my bill there is RM 25 and RM 10 rebate. I cannot recall now, where is the RM 10 coming from. hmm.gif

If I downgrade my package later after Oct, will this also extend my contract? Like downgrade + another 24 months?

This post has been edited by fruitie: Today, 11:39 AM
joshhd
post Today, 12:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Mar 29 2024, 11:37 AM)
Oh, so the rebate will continue? Somehow I checked my bill there is RM 25 and RM 10 rebate. I cannot recall now, where is the RM 10 coming from. hmm.gif

If I downgrade my package later after Oct, will this also extend my contract? Like downgrade + another 24 months?

If you let the auto renew runs its course, then yes, your existing RM25 rebate for Platinum Pack will continue as is.
If you don't mind, maybe could you share a screenshot of that section of your bill here? About the RM10 rebate one...

Even if you would to downgrade (make sure to contact Astro within 30 days before contract end date), you still have to choose on which package you want to go to.
From there, you can choose whether you want 24/12/0 month contract.
fruitie
post Today, 12:18 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,995 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Mar 29 2024, 12:08 PM)
If you let the auto renew runs its course, then yes, your existing RM25 rebate for Platinum Pack will continue as is.
If you don't mind, maybe could you share a screenshot of that section of your bill here? About the RM10 rebate one...

Even if you would to downgrade (make sure to contact Astro within 30 days before contract end date), you still have to choose on which package you want to go to.
From there, you can choose whether you want 24/12/0 month contract.
user posted image
Here you go.

Noted on the tips, if I don't extend the contract then no rebate. I guess that's how it works. laugh.gif
pokemon
post Today, 12:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,120 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Mar 29 2024, 07:11 AM)
Sorry to say, but according to my "reliable" sources, as previously shared, existing customers that has either Chinese Favourites or Dynasty in their subscription, may lose their free access to TVBAnywhere+ starting 1 Apr 2024. Therefore you got to rely on Astro Go / On Demand / CH310 / CH311 to continue watching TVB shows from Astro moving forward.

I'd share it to u guys once I got a more solid info.
user posted image

Seems like TVBanywhere+ is going to be removed from Assthrow.
joshhd
post Today, 01:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Mar 29 2024, 12:18 PM)
user posted image
Here you go.

Noted on the tips, if I don't extend the contract then no rebate. I guess that's how it works. laugh.gif

If let it auto renew / extend contract, then the RM25 rebate remains. Once that happens, that sentence in your bill would appear as (ending 27 Oct 2026) later on.

But the extra RM10 rebate one, I guess one is coming from previous retention offer that Astro previously offered you?
If yes, then of course, the RM10 rebate won't continue even after contract ends on Oct 2024.
fruitie
post Today, 01:20 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,995 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Mar 29 2024, 01:16 PM)
If let it auto renew / extend contract, then the RM25 rebate remains. Once that happens, that sentence in your bill would appear as (ending 27 Oct 2026) later on.

But the extra RM10 rebate one, I guess one is coming from previous retention offer that Astro previously offered you?
If yes, then of course, the RM10 rebate won't continue even after contract ends on Oct 2024.
I don't recall any retention thing, I changed to Platinum also because I wanted to add a multi-room decoder and they forced me to change from the old Super Pack to Platinum.
joshhd
post Today, 01:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Mar 29 2024, 01:20 PM)
I don't recall any retention thing, I changed to Platinum also because I wanted to add a multi-room decoder and they forced me to change from the old Super Pack to Platinum.

Because legacy pack customer are not allowed to add Multiroom box anymore, unless you switch to the new Astro pack, which is what you did, from the old Super Pack to Platinum.
You do that over the phone call?
fruitie
post Today, 01:27 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,995 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Mar 29 2024, 01:24 PM)
Because legacy pack customer are not allowed to add Multiroom box anymore, unless you switch to the new Astro pack, which is what you did, from the old Super Pack to Platinum.
You do that over the phone call?
I registered it through a third-party agent. She changed the package for me and added a multi-room Ultrabox for me, we only communicated via WhatsApp.
I doubt she triggered the discount, it must be some discounts given by Astro at that time, but too bad I cannot recall anymore.
Feliex
post Today, 02:51 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

Sorry to say, but according to my "reliable" sources, as previously shared, existing customers that has either Chinese Favourites or Dynasty in their subscription, may lose their free access to TVBAnywhere+ starting 1 Apr 2024. Therefore you got to rely on Astro Go / On Demand / CH310 / CH311 to continue watching TVB shows from Astro moving forward.

I'd share it to u guys once I got a more solid info.
wahhhhh.... wtf....
pokemon
post Today, 02:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,120 posts

QUOTE(Feliex @ Mar 29 2024, 02:51 PM)
wahhhhh.... wtf....
Maybe assthrow cannot make more money from more commercial ads into TVB Jade channel now.
Feliex
post Today, 04:09 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

QUOTE(pokemon @ Mar 29 2024, 02:59 PM)
Maybe assthrow cannot make more money from more commercial ads into TVB Jade channel now.
regret re-contract 2 years....
pokemon
post Today, 04:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,120 posts

QUOTE(Feliex @ Mar 29 2024, 04:09 PM)
regret re-contract 2 years....
When is your contract ending?
ery22
post Today, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

Which country you plan to visit, and for how many days?
Planning to visit Taiwan for about 12 days. Hope to be able to stream some of the English Premier League live matches using my Astro GO account.
Hopefully paying for Maxis Data Roaming for 15 days pass will work.

I'm also trying to find out whether NordVPN can work with Indonesia's Vidio Premier League streaming services? Anyone tried before? Thanks
Feliex
post Today, 04:49 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

QUOTE(pokemon @ Mar 29 2024, 04:26 PM)
When is your contract ending?
December / 2025

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.70    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:51 PM