Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

joshhd
post May 1 2018, 11:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Apr 30 2018, 09:03 PM)
The question is, will astro be ready to get 2020 Olympic in 4K? laugh.gif
Based on how many Measat ku band transponders they own now, yes they can.
But we did not get any news/info whether is Astro currently conducting internal/private testing on UHD broadcast or not...

But as for Measat satellite company, that one no need to say... They've been broadcasting/providing UHD channels on their Measat 3/3a C band satellite since few years ago.
Technically, if Measat can, why Astro can't? It's just a matter that when they want to offer UHD services to customers only... Time will tell.
joshhd
post May 1 2018, 11:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(Anime in HD @ May 1 2018, 08:47 PM)
I notice astro put ads on ONE HD channel.
Just now watching there is susu tin, kfc, etc ads & after that drama continue.

If ONE HD channel take ads break.
There is some popup like Now Back( drama title).
Well..... laugh.gif
Astro will slot in ads to almost every channels, after removing irrelevant ads or ads that does not benefit Astro from the original channel source. So it's not just One HD.
That is why Astro delay 3-5 mins from original channel feed. Some even 10 mins. 2 mins for news channel.

e.g. Programme promo/advertisement said that the programme will starts at 9.00pm, but the programme starts at 9.05pm on Astro (according to EPG), or 9.03pm on some SD channels. Now you know why.
joshhd
post May 4 2018, 10:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

Okay.. This is so unnecessary. They're trying to play something new...
https://www.lowyat.net/2018/161717/astro-pa...digital-wallet/

This post has been edited by joshhd: May 4 2018, 10:11 PM
joshhd
post May 14 2018, 11:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ May 14 2018, 07:40 PM)
They make an effort to design the channel logo this time round?
Ramadan HD is a temporary Malay HD channel that is available to all Astro customers for free (except Njoi customers) from 12 May 2018 onwards, specially showing on Ramadan specials programmes (which also includes Islamic religious teachings).

Once Ramadan month is over, the channel will rename into "Raya HD" from 14 June till 15 July 2018.

The channel shows new premium programmes (as well as some repeated shows) from telemovie, documentary, drama series, travelogue, talk shows, etc.

After the date, the channel will no longer available.
joshhd
post Oct 20 2018, 11:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Oct 17 2018, 03:04 PM)
Hi, lately noticing that my Astro iptv multicast connection seems to be unstable, occasionally would lag/choppy or it would say network connection not available but it would return to normal after a while. Internet is maxis (maxis fiber backbone). Any idea of how to troubleshoot/fix this issue? Already tried rebooting Astro, router , modem
Do make sure all LAN cable connections on your Astro box and router are properly connected. And try reboot all Astro box and routers to see if issue still persists.
Since yours is under Maxis fibre backbone, there's nothing much you can do about it as hybrid mode (switch to satellite mode) is not possible. You got to inform this to Astro IPTV department and let them assist you from there.
joshhd
post Nov 1 2018, 01:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

Hmm... Banner ad on Astro's Info Banner, as annoying as always.
Attached Image
joshhd
post Nov 21 2018, 01:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Nov 21 2018, 12:07 AM)
Are they still in use?
I donno
Yes they are all in use.
joshhd
post Nov 21 2018, 07:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Nov 21 2018, 05:51 AM)
i think sundirect  DTH india uses Measat
Correct. Indeed they are using Measat.
joshhd
post Jan 21 2019, 05:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(andreas @ Jan 16 2019, 06:34 PM)
hi, i just set up astro byond super pack 1, normal hd decoder. im using samsung 4k tv ks7000 and soundbar samsung hwk551 which able to decode dolby 5.1. the  soundbar has 1 hdmi in, 1 hdmi arc and optical cable.

if i want to enjoy dolby 5.1 from astro, how should i connect all my devices? tq.
Recommended method:

Connect HDMI cable from Astro HD box to your Samsung TV's HDMI port like normal.
Then, connect another HDMI cable from your TV's HDMI ARC port to your soundbar.

Alternative method:

If you prefer to use digital optical cable, you can also connect optical cable from your TV's digital optical output port (recommended alternative method) OR digital optical port on your Astro box to your soundbar's digital optical input directly.

And then on your Astro remote control, press "home", then Settings>Digital Audio

Change "Stereo (Analogue and Digital)" option to "Dolby Digital 5.1 (Digital only)" by pressing right arrow button on your remote.
Press "ok", and then "Yes, save changes"

You will be able to enjoy Dolby 5.1 audio on Astro now.
Do note that Dolby 5.1 is only available on HD channels, and not available on SD channels.
joshhd
post Jan 21 2019, 05:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

Here's an update if you are an Astro customer who uses centralised dish that isn't fully support HD:

You can now watch the HD quality for both Astro Wah Lai Toi (310) and Astro Hua Hee Dai (332), where previously you can only watch the SD version (ch 311/333 respectively).

On the other hand, you can also enjoy Astro Oasis HD (122) as well, but as for Astro Prima HD (121), unfortunately you'll still have to stick to the SD version.

--------

Technical info (Do ignore if you don't understand):
Astro has recently moved both Wah Lai Toi HD and Hua Hee Dai HD from Measat 3a satellite (Before: 12276MHz) to Measat 3 satellite, which operates the lower Ku band frequency range (Now: 11022MHz).

Astro Oasis HD transmits on Measat 3b satellite's lower Ku band frequency range (10932MHz), while Astro Prima HD is on Measat 3a satellite (12276MHz), which actually replaces the previous Astro Wah Lai Toi HD's spot on Measat 3a.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jan 21 2019, 05:31 PM
joshhd
post Jan 23 2019, 12:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(andreas @ Jan 22 2019, 10:30 PM)
tq for your response. i tried recomended method but failed and optional method too..

currently connecting hdmi astro to tv. optical cable from tv to soundbar. it works with stereo audio only but when turned to dolby, no sound coming out.
Can you double check that you're not connecting RCA cable from Astro box to your soundbar.

If Digital Audio Settings on your Astro box is set as "Dolby Digital 5.1 (Digital only)", and you connect RCA cable (a.k.a analogue audio) from Astro box, the audio will be muted whenever you watch HD channels. Dolby 5.1 audio can only work on either HDMI or Optical/Coaxial output on Astro.

Alternatively, do make sure the Sound settings on Samsung TV are set as follows:
user posted image

I'm using Samsung TV too, and yeah, my TV are able to output Dolby 5.1 audio to my home theatre system via optical cable without issues.
joshhd
post Jan 24 2019, 07:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(andreas @ Jan 24 2019, 06:10 PM)
tq. u r the best. now i can enjoy surround sound from astro. thumbs up.
You're welcome biggrin.gif
joshhd
post Jan 26 2019, 10:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(DjKenji @ Jan 26 2019, 03:27 PM)
hi,

im looking for sport channel for my business,

any recommendation can i use normal astro for business shoplot?
Technically you can.
Some people do that, by adding Multiroom subscription (additional Astro box to be install in your home), for as low as RM53/month for one Astro box. Oce Astro installer left, the owner disconnects the cables from Astro box, then bring the Astro box to somewhere else, like to shoplots or other houses. As long there are satellite dish (properly adjusted) and the cable to connect satellite dish, just plug and play can already. Pretty straight forward.
So yea, you need to find third party installer to do all the cabling and satellite dish stuff for you, and get a satellite dish installed at your shoplot if you don't have one. BTW, Astro satellite dish can be easily purchase online, and you can install it yourself if you are handy and you know how, so no need to depend on Astro installer to do for you.

Of course, if you ask Astro directly, they will say cannot, and they'll introduce their super expensive and less channels "Astro for Business" packages for you that can go few hundreds of ringgit with only few channels provided. Learn more here: https://business.astro.com.my

So, add RM53/month on top of your existing Astro subscription (possible but not proper, do it at own risk), or few hundred over ringgit per month? You decide.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jan 26 2019, 11:00 PM
joshhd
post Jan 27 2019, 10:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(stephantsen @ Jan 27 2019, 12:24 AM)
i though astro for bussiness got a very obvious square box at the right bottom side in ever channel.
Yes you're right.
But at the end of the day, who cares?
Is it illegal in the law that Astro at your business place does not show the small square box on bottom right corner, indicating that it is a residential subscription rather than business subscription?
Even if Astro found out, what will they do to you?

Company like Astro don't deserve to pay so much money. They monopoly the pay TV service for long enough already. But it's up to you if you want to go for the proper way by getting business subscription.
joshhd
post Jan 28 2019, 12:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(juzmafia @ Jan 27 2019, 12:04 PM)
They will terminate the account..
You can sign up again ah. No big deal.
Still better than spending few hundreds to thousands of ringgit on that.
But then, it all depends on what purpose you want to have Astro on the shoplot la.

If you will use it to entertain customers, like able to watch Astro in a restaurant/food court, then if someone saw there's no small box on bottom right corner and someone complain, then you know lo..... But, is every Malaysian know that the small box means business subscription anyway? I'm sure nobody will care also, unless that person is a hard-core Astro fan.

If you use it only to have Astro in your own private office room, then no one else in the public crowd will know cuz they won't even see u have an Astro subscription that has no small box. You'll get what I mean.
joshhd
post Jan 28 2019, 12:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Jan 27 2019, 01:26 PM)
Ohh.. I finally know the meaning of small square box at the bottom already..
I though sometimes it showed the code (example 2PcsZzf4) at above the small square box right corner something like that consider as genuine checking. Am I right?

Another thing, if there is no square small box at bottom right corner, then consider business subscriptions, right?

I sometimes stay at hotel watch TV still hv small square box too..
Need add on 2 words.. "Immediately affect" without any notice.
That code is for Astro to identify those premium content being shown on each and every customer. Let say if an underground IPTV service provide Astro SuperSport channel, Astro want to track down the owner of the Astro account that provide this Astro channels illegally. So they demand every Astro boxes to display a special code like you mention, so that Astro can trace the account owner by that code, identify it, and then further action can be taken, such as mass terminating the accounts that provide Astro channels illegally.

No small box, means it's normal residential subscription, just like the Astro you have at home. You won't see a small box on your TV screen when watching Astro at home unless it's business subscription.
joshhd
post Jan 28 2019, 12:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(stephantsen @ Jan 27 2019, 01:33 PM)
illegal is illegal they deserve or not is another thing
True.
But whether would anyone care of that small box or not, that's another thing.

No offense ya.
joshhd
post Jan 28 2019, 01:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Jan 28 2019, 11:25 AM)
So far not ALL channels have display this type of code. Only certain channels like Supersports have this code.
By the way, in-house channels astro don't have this type of code..

And also sorry, a bit silly that I draw like this.. laugh.gif
Just want to get more understanding.... hmm.gif

[attachmentid=10173771]

The red arrow I point out is you mention the "small box", am I right?
Not you mention astro STB box.. Right?
Last time on Astro legacy boxes, it used to display codes in pretty much every channel you tune in to. The code is like ABC1, DEF2, GHI3, and then it goes back to ABC1 again. But for Byond boxes, it is alphanumeric, grey in colour, it's semi transparent and the code stays on screen for a long time and it won't keep changing. So far I only see it appears on premium content like sports content, and sometimes some Live Malay programme, like those grand finale competition shows where expected viewership shall be very high and illegal live streaming of those grand finale competition show can be seen on Internet, like someone will do it on Facebook Live for example.
So when Astro "send a request" to tell every Byond boxes that currently watching the channel to display the code (it's like, different STB/Astro account will display different code), so when the illegal stream also show that code, Astro will know which Astro account is used to initiate that live stream, and then further action will be taken.

Yes, that's the small box displayed on bottom right corner I'm talking about. There's nothing related to Astro STB box.
It you want to see the subscription rates of Astro for Business, go to https://business.astro.com.my/main

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jan 28 2019, 01:33 PM
joshhd
post Jan 29 2019, 01:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

Like this:
The small box appear on bottom right corner, indicating that this is business subscription, also known as Astro for Business.

user posted image

And the "code"
user posted image
joshhd
post Jan 30 2019, 12:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,213 posts

In my opinion, if people are not interested to subscribe/watch Astro no matter how much they ban this and that, they still find other alternatives such as subscribe OTT platforms (either legal or illegal ones), and still won't go for Astro.

It's like "die die also don't want Astro no matter what".

158 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0264sec    0.55    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th November 2022 - 07:13 PM