Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro byond Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

joshhd
post Yesterday, 11:48 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(pokemon @ Feb 17 2019, 10:30 AM)
Assthrow should discontinue those duplicate channels in SD, like WLT, AEC, Supersport and etc, if they dare

That can only happen once Astro phase out all use of legacy Astro STBs, and only B.yond boxes are used.
The correct term is, SD/HD simulcast channels
Not duplicate channels.

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Feb 17 2019, 11:35 AM)
Well slowly they would do that..forced everyone to subscribe HD services... My take next 2 years...

During the introduction phase of B.yond HD box back in around 2010 era, it was compulsory to take HD service.
But now it's no longer the case. Using B.yond box not necessary must subscribe to HD service or Family HD pack.
Although yeah, Astro will encourage customer to take HD service, especially when promoting new packages and offerings.

In my opinion, Astro has no urgency to force every customers to use B.yond box. After all, it doesn't really benefit them much even though every customers use B.yond box. MPEG4 compression? MPEG4 quality does benefit customers cuz it is better picture quality, but it doesn't really benefit them much. Astro doesn't have any lack of satellite bandwidth problems. I do find that Astro's Ku band capacities are not so fully utilised, even though they still use MPEG2 for their SD channels until today.

And since the legacy STBs can still be used, customers be like "Why should I change? It can still be used and still in good condition. Change B.yond box means need to pay more."
So Astro will just let the legacy STB users continue using it until it spoil for whatever reasons, and then Astro replace it with new B.yond box. And then, convince them to take HD service, although it is optional now, as well as whatever attractive packages.

Once the number of legacy STB users has reached a new low (perhaps they planned that once it reached this low), then only they'll announce that they'll discontinue the use of all legacy STBs, and have to upgrade to B.yond box to continue watching Astro or Njoi. This, will be a forced migration to B.yond platform.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Yesterday, 12:06 PM

62 Pages « < 60 61 62Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0603sec    4.69    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th February 2019 - 09:47 AM