Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [V31] Lowyat.Net Mechanical Keyboard Club

views

horns
post Jul 12 2019, 02:58 PM

\m/
Group: Senior Member

it's never too late for this hobby smile.gif

about longevity of legends, dye-sub pbt and double-shot abs/pbt should last like forever. well, you can pick the rest up at your own pace haha (e.g. profiles, thickness, etc)

TSquovadis123
post Jul 12 2019, 06:26 PM

www.storeuni.com

QUOTE(MrGuinness @ Jul 12 2019, 01:52 PM)
Yeah, I guess I'm a bit late getting into the mkb scene.

I read about the legends wearing off Filco's Keycaps pretty quick, so in the end I'm glad to have a Varmilo, and being able to choose the colours for each key separately was the deciding point.
Yes.. Correct. I did keep 1 new filco keycaps for collection.
If you looking for practical keycaps, of course filco stock keycaps not any good.
FaezFarhan
post Jul 12 2019, 09:25 PM

United till I die!

QUOTE(horns @ Jul 12 2019, 09:59 AM)
quovadis123 and GRexer. you can look for them at mymkb fb page, https://www.facebook.com/groups/MalaysiaMechanicalKeyboard/
Awesome, thank you!!
horns
post Jul 13 2019, 12:55 PM

\m/

QUOTE(FaezFarhan @ Jul 12 2019, 09:25 PM)
Awesome, thank you!!
you're welcome hehe

hooh888
post Jul 16 2019, 11:38 AM

Shinei, bakemono.

Hi guys, if I want to get a 65% keyboard with kailh box white switches, custom built is the only way to go?

Edit: Side question, my one year old Tecware Phantom RGB with oetemu blues have this issue whereby some keys register only like twice out of 5 presses, any method for me to fix it?

This post has been edited by hooh888: Jul 16 2019, 11:43 AM
GRexer
post Jul 16 2019, 11:47 AM

RS444
Group Icon
Group: VIP

QUOTE(hooh888 @ Jul 16 2019, 11:38 AM)
Hi guys, if I want to get a 65% keyboard with kailh box white switches, custom built is the only way to go?

Edit: Side question, my one year old Tecware Phantom RGB with oetemu blues have this issue whereby some keys register only like twice out of 5 presses, any method for me to fix it?
Haven't seen any 65% keyboard with Kailh Box switches being commercial available yet. Custom built unit seems to be the way to go. If you would like one built, drop me a PM?

As for your Tecware Phantom, switch chattering is usually a switch issue, you could just change it to a new switch, should have some spare switches in your Tecware box.
hooh888
post Jul 16 2019, 11:50 AM

Shinei, bakemono.

QUOTE(GRexer @ Jul 16 2019, 11:47 AM)
Haven't seen any 65% keyboard with Kailh Box switches being commercial available yet. Custom built unit seems to be the way to go. If you would like one built, drop me a PM?

As for your Tecware Phantom, switch chattering is usually a switch issue, you could just change it to a new switch, should have some spare switches in your Tecware box.
Oh sure, but would you prefer to PM here or on facebook? I'm also in the mech keyboard group there and seen your name there a lot haha.

As for the Tecware Phantom issue, I will give that a try, thanks. biggrin.gif
GRexer
post Jul 16 2019, 02:27 PM

RS444
Group Icon
Group: VIP

QUOTE(hooh888 @ Jul 16 2019, 11:50 AM)
Oh sure, but would you prefer to PM here or on facebook? I'm also in the mech keyboard group there and seen your name there a lot haha.

As for the Tecware Phantom issue, I will give that a try, thanks.  biggrin.gif
Prefer using Messenger (Facebook) since it's a lot more convenient to reply there. tongue.gif (Thanks for noticing me. blush.gif )

If you're into Photography and have a lens blower, you can try pumping a few times of air into the switch. Sometimes it could be dust causing problems with chattering too.
KenDiriwan
post Jul 17 2019, 01:24 PM

What would be the cheapest Cherry MX switch kb on market now?
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Jul 17 2019, 02:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!

The Keystone- a Magnetic Analog Mechanical Keyboard with AI-enabled Adaptive Typing[B]

The Input Club Keystone Mechanical Keyboard is an unparalleled leap forward in typing and gaming technology. It will launch on Kickstarter on July 16th, 2019 at 8 AM PST, at this link - http://kty.pe/keystone. The Keystone combines two new keyboard features - High Definition Analog Control and per-key fast Hall Effect (magnetic) sensing - for supreme performance. Our magnetic switch technology enables near-infinite customization, billion-press (Source: Honeywell Testing Article) durability (20x the industry standard), and analog control benefits for everyone. Full firmware programmability and RGB lighting round out its features.

This project is the future of mechanical keyboards. We believe that there is more to the main tool everyone uses for work, playing games, and connecting with others. Input Club is a group of engineers and designers who drive innovation in the field of input devices. The team formed in 2014 because there was very little innovation in the keyboard space. Our team has developed special mechanical keyswitches, open source keyboard firmware, and some of the more iconic keyboard designs to hit the marketplace. The Keystone is the next technological lead forward for keyboards - it is our flagship keyboard showcasing the best and most sought after features in a keyboard.

The Keystone brings novel features together to continue pushing keyboard invention further- with its SILO Hall Effect and High Definition Analog Switches. These are both keyboard switch technologies that have been produced in the past, separately, but this implementation takes them to the next level. With Hall Effect switches, instead of relying on a bending piece of metal for actuation, your keyboard tracks the movement of a magnet. This allows you to change when and where the keyboard receives the signal, while also providing a billion press switch lifespan that simply cannot be competed with.

We designed much of the functionality for Keystone around the high performance needs of the people toughest on their keyboards - eSports players. Modern gaming is dominated by the desktop, and the keyboard is the most important variable in the perfect gear setup. With Analog functionality, every key can do multiple actions with a single press on a hardware level. A half press can be a lowercase letter and a full press can be an uppercase letter - allowing for intuitive typing that is much faster than the current style.

The prime feature we are able to achieve with Analog sensing is Adaptive Typing - a way to use artificial intelligence and machine learning to let your keyboard change to learn the "intent" of your individual typing style. If you don't press as hard with your pinky fingers as you do with your index fingers, your keyboard will automatically make those keys take less force to actuate, resulting in a more comfortable typing experience.

The Keystone is the beginning of a platform for keyboards that if successful, will completely replace every typing instrument everywhere. By combining modern software with the most advanced switch mechanism ever released - the Keystone is able to earn its spot as a keyboard worth writing about.

sauce
https://www.techpowerup.com/257434/the-keys...adaptive-typing

AI... keyboard? ohmy.gif hope they don't mean keylogger capability sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Moogle Stiltzkin: Jul 17 2019, 02:46 PM
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Jul 17 2019, 02:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!

ergonomic mkb anyone? it cost a bomb though >_>:

Kinesis Gaming Rolls Out the Freestyle Edge RGB Split Mechanical Keyboard

Kinesis Gaming Rolls Out the Freestyle Edge RGB Split Mechanical Keyboard

Kinesis Gaming is a new entrant in the ergonomic gaming hardware market, and launched the first of its two debut products, the Freestyle Edge RGB split mechanical keyboard (the other being the Vektor mouse). The keyboard features a tenkeyless layout that's split vertically along the middle, with a 6-inch cable connecting the two halves. An internal compartment located at the top lets you wind in excess cable. This split allows you to angle the two halves apart to better align with your hands, and minimize strain on your wrists. Adding to the ergonomics of the Freestyle Edge RGB are its soft-touch wrist-rests.

It may be a TKL keyboard, but the Freestyle Edge RGB comes with 10 macro keys along the edge of the left half. You can remap every other key and build macros of your own with the included software. There are 99 keys and buttons on this keyboard. Its electronics offers full NKRO and a Game Mode, with 1 ms response time, and 100% anti-ghosting. An onboard 4 MB memory stores your macro- and lighting-profiles locally. The keyboard offers full RGB LED lighting across a 16.8 million-color palette, and lets you configure lighting and profiles via software. Among the mechanical switch options are Cherry MX Red, MX Blue, and MX Brown. All three variants are priced at USD $219.99  shocking.gif .

https://www.techpowerup.com/257413/kinesis-...anical-keyboard

there was an older version of this NON RGB that linus reviewed if you are curious. maybe the new model version has more different things other than just RGB perhaps? hmm.gif by the way it's funny cause, linus mentioned the high price tag and it's not an RGB even. Then a year later they come out with a revised model with RGB? woooot laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Moogle Stiltzkin: Jul 17 2019, 03:00 PM
UnderTheSun
post Jul 17 2019, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi all,

Need your opinion. Is Logitech G910 Spectrum any good for typing? How is it compared to Filco?

This post has been edited by UnderTheSun: Jul 17 2019, 06:32 PM
TSquovadis123
post Jul 17 2019, 11:59 PM

www.storeuni.com

QUOTE(UnderTheSun @ Jul 17 2019, 06:31 PM)
Hi all,

Need your opinion. Is Logitech G910 Spectrum any good for typing? How is it compared to Filco?
Filco best OEM with costar stab. Only custom better than filco.
horns
post Jul 18 2019, 12:45 AM

\m/

QUOTE(Moogle Stiltzkin @ Jul 17 2019, 02:43 PM)
sauce
https://www.techpowerup.com/257434/the-keys...adaptive-typing
AI... keyboard?  ohmy.gif hope they don't mean keylogger capability  sweat.gif
lol! i guess they really think hard to make a keyboard to be self-adaptive to each individual. however keystone might be more useful for professionals.

QUOTE(UnderTheSun @ Jul 17 2019, 06:31 PM)
Hi all,

it depends on your preference. if you liked tactile switches, it might be ok.

compared to filco, the obvious difference imo is filco uses costar stabilizers for large keys. in terms of commercial boards, large keys usually feel better with costar stabilizers than cherry style stabilizers. additionally, costar stabilizers can be maintained or replaced easily.

69 Pages « < 67 68 69Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0800sec    2.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 07:24 PM