Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sharp LC50UA6800X, Review

voncrane
post Yesterday, 07:53 PM

Noir et fier!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(skyforcerld @ Mar 25 2019, 06:24 PM)
My 40" Sharp LCD TV, i think 6 or 7 years old at least....suddenly got horizontal crack on the screen.

Now shopping for cheap 50" to 55" TV...Lazada got sales tomorrow. Already add to cart get ready to check out. lol.

Hmm...can buy cheap Hisense TV? I am not fussy.
Wrong place to discuss such then.. If you are not fussy and don't mind buying a "cheap" tv.. then have to deal with the consequences later..aka poor fw, and AV quality.
AVFAN
post Yesterday, 11:33 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(skyforcerld @ Mar 25 2019, 06:24 PM)
My 40" Sharp LCD TV, i think 6 or 7 years old at least....suddenly got horizontal crack on the screen.

Now shopping for cheap 50" to 55" TV...Lazada got sales tomorrow. Already add to cart get ready to check out. lol.

Hmm...can buy cheap Hisense TV? I am not fussy.
there are a couple of hisense threads, find them.

but if u wish to buy sharp again, ua6800x and al1x are the popular current models.

read more if interested.

kwokwah
post Today, 06:35 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Anyone successfully installed Astro Go on UA6800X. Bought one recently at Sharp warehouse sale. Can only install Hypp TV but not Astro Go.
skyforcerld
post Today, 09:06 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Mar 25 2019, 11:33 PM)
there are a couple of hisense threads, find them.

but if u wish to buy sharp again, ua6800x and al1x are the popular current models.

read more if interested.
Yeah, this LC50UA6800X is one of the models i am looking at, price is reasonable, under RM2K can get, most importantly, it has Android TV. I much prefer Android TV over those propriatery OS...coz i subscribe to ahem...ahem...IPTV services which only runs on Android and Windows. This will also frees me of using my HTPC box currently and let my son use it, since his PC is dead. Only thing for this Sharp model is size is 5" smaller compared to LG, Hisense, Haier etc at the same price. Lol.

There's one LG model RRP at RM2399 55UK6300PTE now going for maybe RM 20XX. Seems like loaded with functions and a magic remote, but too bad no Android OS.

Update:
Oh..the al1x is the newer version with Android 8, compared to the UA6800x which is Android 7, other than that, the specs seems similar.

This post has been edited by skyforcerld: Today, 09:40 AM
AVFAN
post Today, 10:00 AM

10k Club

QUOTE(kwokwah @ Mar 26 2019, 06:35 AM)
Anyone successfully installed Astro Go on UA6800X. Bought one recently at Sharp warehouse sale. Can only install Hypp TV but not Astro Go.
astrogo, sure can.

u must hv missed doing one of 2 things - installing puffin browser or set orientation app; read post #2 for details.

QUOTE(skyforcerld @ Mar 26 2019, 09:06 AM)
Yeah, this LC50UA6800X is one of the models i am looking at, price is reasonable, under RM2K can get, most importantly, it has Android TV. I much prefer Android TV over those propriatery OS...coz i subscribe to ahem...ahem...IPTV services which only runs on Android and Windows. This will also frees me of using my HTPC box currently and let my son use it, since his PC is dead. Only thing for this Sharp model is size is 5" smaller compared to LG, Hisense, Haier etc at the same price. Lol.

There's one LG model RRP at RM2399 55UK6300PTE now going for maybe RM 20XX.  Seems like loaded with functions and a magic remote, but too bad no Android OS.

Update:
Oh..the al1x is the newer version with Android 8, compared to the UA6800x which is Android 7, other than that, the specs seems similar.
androidtv is useful; even if u already have android box, it comes in very handy for android apps.

both ua6800x and al1x are android8.

skyforcerld
post Today, 10:05 AM

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Mar 26 2019, 10:00 AM)
astrogo, sure can.

u must hv missed doing one of 2 things - installing puffin browser or set orientation app; read post #2 for details.
androidtv is useful; even if u already have android box, it comes in very handy for android apps.

both ua6800x and al1x are android8.
Eh, both are Android 8? Is it because got firmware upgrade for UA6800x?

Sharp website says Android 7

https://my.sharp/products/tvav/lc50ua6800x?v=1101

If not the Android, then what is the difference between the two? The specs seems the same. But pricewise, AL1X much higher.
AVFAN
post Today, 10:14 AM

10k Club

QUOTE(skyforcerld @ Mar 26 2019, 10:05 AM)
Eh, both are Android 8? Is it because got firmware upgrade for UA6800x?

Sharp website says Android 7

https://my.sharp/products/tvav/lc50ua6800x?v=1101

If not the Android, then what is the difference between the two? The specs seems the same. But pricewise, AL1X much higher.
ua was launched about 9 months ago.

then, it came with android7, then ota to 8.

now, i wud think it comes straight with 8.

read back a few pages, differences discussed.

from memory... al1x is thinner, lighter, has 2 hdmi ports at side rather than all at back; has rs23s input... maybe other diff but i m not sure.

benshakeer
post Today, 11:44 AM

Anyone encounter no voice when stream video from plex? I downloaded a few 4k videos and stored those videos in my plex server. Streaming using plex client from mibox androidtv is ok, but unfortunately no HDR which I still not sure why (similar to streaming from Netflix). But when I tried to stream using plex client with the TV androidTV, no voice was heard, although the background sound from the video is normal, which is quite weird. This happened to 3 out of 4 4k videos that I downloaded.
skyforcerld
post Today, 01:30 PM

Just went to Harvey Norman to have a look. Seems like all the brands are fine....except Hisense....lol.

Anyway, i think i am going 95% with the Sharp LC50UA6800X. Got everything i want. There are only 2 brands with Android TV , which is Sony and Sharp.

Now its a matter of choosing from Lazada tomorrow....

Bring on the Sales!!!

PS: Some points of interest. SHARP actually sold their South America factory to Hisense and licensed them produce SHARP TVs there....sometime ago, there was some dispute and Sharp wants to sue them for making crappy TVs spoiling their reputation....but it is now settled i think.

Inb4 Sharp is Foxconn Taiwan brand.

This post has been edited by skyforcerld: Today, 01:34 PM
AVFAN
post Today, 01:37 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(skyforcerld @ Mar 26 2019, 01:30 PM)
Just went to Harvey Norman to have a look. Seems like all the brands are fine....except Hisense....lol.

Anyway, i think i am going 95% with the Sharp LC50UA6800X. Got everything i want. There are only 2 brands with Android TV , which is Sony and Sharp.

Now its a matter of choosing from Lazada tomorrow....

Bring on the Sales!!!

PS: Some points of interest. SHARP actually sold their South America factory to Hisense and licensed them produce SHARP TVs there....sometime ago, there was some dispute and Sharp wants to sue them for making crappy TVs spoiling their reputation....but it is now settled i think.

Inb4 Sharp is Foxconn Taiwan brand.
make sure u buy ua6800x and not ua6500x! biggrin.gif

yes, that news is correct... sharp tv sold to foxconn 3 years ago, i believe.
skyforcerld
post Today, 04:27 PM

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Mar 26 2019, 01:37 PM)
make sure u buy ua6800x and not ua6500x! biggrin.gif

yes, that news is correct... sharp tv sold to foxconn 3 years ago, i believe.
Ya. That one don't have Android right, price not much difference also. biggrin.gif

Anyway, now i am thinking about my setup.

Currently i use a Yamaha RX-V475 AV receiver. It has HDMI ARC. This UA6800X has ARC right? So it means i only need to have 1 HDMI from TV to the receiver...do i need a new cable like HDMI 2.1 or something? I don't think so right?

Another question, if it is ARC...can i listen to the Android TV NETFLIX Dolby Digital Plus decoding in my RX-V475 AV receiver? My current setup everything goes to the RX-V475 (HTPC, PS4, Nintendos, Xbox etc) and then to TV.

Update--5:00pm--

Just found out this LC50UA6800X has no motion smoothing? sad.gif Now i am gravitated to the SONY model kd-49x7500F which has motion smoothing.

This post has been edited by skyforcerld: Today, 05:05 PM
AVFAN
post Today, 05:48 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(skyforcerld @ Mar 26 2019, 04:27 PM)
Ya. That one don't have Android right, price not much difference also. biggrin.gif

Anyway, now i am thinking about my setup.

Currently i use a Yamaha RX-V475 AV receiver. It has HDMI ARC. This UA6800X has ARC right? So it means i only need to have 1 HDMI from TV to the receiver...do i need a new cable like HDMI 2.1 or something? I don't think so right?

Another question, if it is ARC...can i listen to the Android TV NETFLIX Dolby Digital Plus decoding in my RX-V475 AV receiver? My current setup everything goes to the RX-V475 (HTPC, PS4, Nintendos, Xbox etc) and then to TV.

Update--5:00pm--

Just found out this LC50UA6800X has no motion smoothing? sad.gif  Now i am gravitated to the SONY model kd-49x7500F which has motion smoothing.
i can't comment on hdmi arc since i dun use it.

but i use digital output for netflix and tv apps which is same as using arc since the tv can do dd5.1 only, i.e. nothing lost.

if dd+ and dts from tv is v impt to u, u shud look at other tv's.

sony... i hv read several comments about sluggishness with the androidtv but i do not really know - this u gotta ask sony users, among other things.

i can't and won't comment on things i never actually used.

this sharp androidtv, all is good.

buy what u think is best for yr purpose and budget!

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Today, 05:55 PM

81 Pages « < 79 80 81Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1508sec    6.98    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th March 2019 - 11:03 PM