1. phone app was buggy & sometimes unusable. worked fine at first, but started to show problems when i manage my network via phone.
ended up with the app uninstalled from my phone and using the standard webpage admin.
2. aimesh node unable to detect (very first settings) - made me perform factory reset, update FW, roll-back older FW before 'magically'
able to detect and add mesh node. don't know what triggered it first and not sure what solved it.
but once those 2 issues settled, no further issues until the latest firmware mishap.
my target is to pass over aimesh to family home and migrate to ubiquiti, and you're right - professional but doesn't seem that hard.
i've started viewing youtube vids about ubiquiti unifi solution and am planning to get that.
only the matter of $$$ & wiring planning for my 2-storey house though.
For the passing thing - exactly what I'm thinking, an AI mesh unit can pass to another person anytime, and they will fully utilize it such as upgrade from stock router. A ubiquiti infra component will not that effective when passing only few component to the others.
nice review on the router.
but can anyone give me some recommendation on which router to get?
planning to buy a router for the unifi turbo upgrade to 800mbps
1) router signal must be strong enough for 2 storey house, 22x75 house
2) with mu-mimo
3) budget around RM600 +/-
4) support unifi
5) wifi speed is not a big issue for me.
6) Saw your mi router pro review, but it must have smart switch right? is it worth to get for unifi?
Thank in advance.
EDIT: I've seen people getting around 91c on this router For that case, I recommend use something like 12cm fan to make the environment around it colder, attaching fans will make internal component dusty.
This post has been edited by NoobHacker: Oct 9 2018, 04:48 PM