> Condo investment, How long to hold

views

BEANCOUNTER
post Jul 7 2017, 02:57 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(hioniq @ Jul 7 2017, 02:54 PM)
I got 5% rebate only and hv to serve interest. But developer gave better offer after with 10% rebate. Lucky the developer can deliver ahead of schedule and save us some interest. But the price quite steep and very hard to sell now.

Now I get tied up with this condo already and pray hard my job will be stable. Else once I lose my job I will bankrupt immediately.
Cut loss......cancel yr japanese or europe trip.....
Yik yr subsale buyer......lower yr expectation.
mafa2801
post Jul 7 2017, 02:58 PM

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(hioniq @ Jul 7 2017, 02:54 PM)
I got 5% rebate only and hv to serve interest. But developer gave better offer after with 10% rebate. Lucky the developer can deliver ahead of schedule and save us some interest. But the price quite steep and very hard to sell now.

Now I get tied up with this condo already and pray hard my job will be stable. Else once I lose my job I will bankrupt immediately.
rather than left it out without being rented, it is better or atleast u rent it out..
At least, u can loose abit of ur tighten belt.

what sector are u working in?
skylee18
post Jul 7 2017, 03:03 PM

Casual
404 posts

QUOTE(hioniq @ Jul 7 2017, 12:37 PM)
Invested in one condo and collected the key recently, my main purpose to flip for quick cash but unfortunately market is bad and hardly to sell now to make profit.

So in your opinion how long do I need to hold it before I can sell it off with handsome profit? The condo is epic residence bukit puchong, studio unit 624sf.
flip? RGPT isn't a fool dude, it's not 10 years ago

I don't think there will be any handsome profit , probably do a nice reno and hope buyer would appreciate
m0n0p0ly
post Jul 7 2017, 03:06 PM

On my way
672 posts

QUOTE(skylee18 @ Jul 7 2017, 02:03 PM)
flip? RGPT isn't a fool dude, it's not 10 years ago

I don't think there will be any handsome profit , probably do a nice reno and hope buyer would appreciate
Time to wake up
https://youtu.be/-GUqa9ePNCg
imsolifeless
post Jul 7 2017, 03:10 PM

Casual
455 posts

Invested in one condo and collected the key recently, my main purpose to flip for quick cash but unfortunately market is bad and hardly to sell now to make profit.

So in your opinion how long do I need to hold it before I can sell it off with handsome profit? The condo is epic residence bukit puchong, studio unit 624sf.
Rental can cover 70-80% of ur loan installment consider very good dy at this market environment
If not just try to rent out as long as u receive some money

Market is not favorable for flipping now ....
Some more yours is studio? I dunno about others but my rule of thumb is dun get studio if u plan to flip

Looking at the condition, u better start raising issue about the African tenants, if u want get good appreciation
Wait for 2-3 years ba... if condition and management good, maybe got chance

honesty tan
post Jul 7 2017, 03:20 PM

Regular
1,276 posts

It is always good to start with the exit plan in mind.. especially when invest into studio.. btw BNM is reviewing the fiscal structure to raise OPR by end of the year or early next year.. need prepare some hedge funds else will be GG oledi..

p/s: puchong still got some chance lah.. if +bukit in front of puchong then need think twice.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by honesty tan: Jul 7 2017, 03:42 PM
mr.thinkpad
post Jul 7 2017, 03:32 PM

Enrich Traveller
558 posts

preferably hold for 5yrs and rent it out to cover installment
icemanfx
post Jul 7 2017, 03:33 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,795 posts

QUOTE(Nikmon @ Jul 7 2017, 02:01 PM)
Nobody have the crystal ball to predict the future lah, but wise man say the longer you hold, the higher return you can get,  property price will only go up base on history,  property price is resilience bad economy and financil crisis, no worry....haha
In the long term, property price rise at about inflation rate. after factoring in interest payment, real gain may not be worth while for negative cash flow one need to endure.

This post has been edited by icemanfx: Jul 7 2017, 03:33 PM
SUShioniq
post Jul 7 2017, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Many told me property make more money rather than put your money in bank - inflation, low interest, currency dropped, blabla. Hence I also try to invest and hope able to gain in next few years. For now just tighten the belt and patiently wait. Tropicana city studio also can fetch 600k plus, why cant my studio get 450k? Just time only and it is freehold so no worry to hold.
Nikmon
post Jul 7 2017, 03:39 PM

Regular
1,780 posts

honestly that place ah....

Road entry not good, a lot of foreigner there, old shop still got a lot, so don't hope the commercial will boom in near future, this place quite quite far from puchong, address is under sepang, public transport bus only lo, LDP damn jam during peak hour and it getting worse, is surrounded by toll except go to pchuong,

good things are near to Taylor school lo, near to Tesco, .....but i just don't think enough. There got a lot of cheap condo and lander, rental quite affordable...forgot to mention, it near to a beautiful mosque on the hilll thumbup.gif

The wharf is in better location compare to here as the population there is higher, also not doing well....sooooo what you think leh

This post has been edited by Nikmon: Jul 7 2017, 03:42 PM
mr.thinkpad
post Jul 7 2017, 03:44 PM

Enrich Traveller
558 posts

QUOTE(hioniq @ Jul 7 2017, 03:37 PM)
Many told me property make more money rather than put your money in bank - inflation, low interest, currency dropped, blabla. Hence I also try to invest and hope able to gain in next few years. For now just tighten the belt and patiently wait. Tropicana city studio also can fetch 600k plus, why cant my studio get 450k? Just time only and it is freehold so no worry to hold.
property does make money but the problem is when u buy new unit, u got charged kaw2.. very high price which does not represent ur house worth.. thats y still gain but not too much, ur case want 100k in near time, have to wait..
AskarPerang
post Jul 7 2017, 03:51 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,138 posts

This is studio with 1 bedroom or no room unit? Such property is hard. Rare to find family will buy for own stay. Only investor will buy. But if rental not able to break even the price also no investor will buy.
aaron1717
post Jul 7 2017, 03:58 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(Nikmon @ Jul 7 2017, 03:39 PM)
honestly that place ah....

Road entry not good, a lot of foreigner there, old shop still got a lot, so don't hope the commercial will boom in near future, this place quite quite far from puchong, address is under sepang, public transport bus only lo, LDP damn jam during peak hour and it getting worse, is surrounded by toll except go to pchuong,

good things are near to Taylor school lo, near to Tesco, .....but i just don't think enough.  There got a lot of cheap condo and lander, rental quite affordable...forgot to mention, it near to a beautiful mosque on the hilll  thumbup.gif

The wharf is in better location compare to here as the population there is higher, also not doing well....sooooo what you think leh
the wharf i ingat negro nest.....? doing well also bcum not well already.... lol... and its leasehold right.... its actually further away from puchong city....
Nikmon
post Jul 7 2017, 03:59 PM

Regular
1,780 posts

tell you a crucial truth, why Tropicana city studio can fetch 600k, it is not because our economic shoot up in the sky, salary went up double, but just because of regulation change, and all these benefit from gov are fading....

example buy house could relieve 30k in income tax for 3 years!!!!

other forumer please share the benefit we can get by buying housing during boom time.
marlick25
post Jul 7 2017, 04:03 PM

Casual
440 posts

Lol. That is why you make this stupid decision. You think every house is the same?

Tropicana city is a better location than your "epic" (lol the name is so ironic) location. Tropicana is so near to mall, got MRT, nearby hospital etc etc, what does your place have?

And again this is Malaysia, when you buy a studio unit, what do you intend to do with it? Flip? You think everything can be flipped? Do you think families want to stay in a studio unit? So who the f would buy (or rent) your inflated price studio?

If want to invest in property, invest in knowledge first. Don't just simply follow people. I bid you good luck.
aaron1717
post Jul 7 2017, 04:06 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

your mentality is kinda wrong... i mean yea... other than freehold... u shud think wad other factors that your studio have compare to tropicana city ones? and bear in mind bro... u hold few more years... more subsales studio coming in the market... especially those at hotter areas than bukit puchong... not trying to pour you cold water.... u have a good mindset there... which is be positive and live on... laugh.gif laugh.gif
e-lite
post Jul 7 2017, 04:08 PM

On my way
665 posts

Sorry but wrong mentality of investing. Good lock! icon_idea.gif
kochin
post Jul 7 2017, 04:10 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

doh.gif
icemanfx
post Jul 7 2017, 04:19 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,795 posts

We have to thank uuu/bbb for this.

twincharger07
post Jul 7 2017, 04:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

I guess many had also told you location location location is also i vital factor to make good return on investment.

Location is a major factor in how valuable the propoerty is, other factors including developer branding, finishing, amenities, upcoming catalyst (highway, public transport, education center, malls, government planning etc)

why tropicana city can fetch higher than bukit puchong? - Location (highway connection, amenities, demography (higher income group), proximity to major business area)

TS, I suggest you have to make a decision, either sell it off, cut the losses and move on

Or, rent it out to minimize your losses while waiting for prospect buyers

To me, studio only works in dense business area with working ppl of higher income, or expats
and studio is more of renting out for +cashflow. If there is capital gain will be a good bonus
for me, places like KL city, PJ and maybe subang are the area where studio has higher demand and better ROI

Puchong till today, cant really see any studio that really oustanding, moreover bukit puchong is better off with landed or high rise with bigger sqft.

Setia Walk (850 sqft) partial furnish asking rental price is very similar to Zest (1200 sqft) partial furnish.
However Zest has a better rental yield due to its lower entry price 8 years ago while Setia Walk started off with much higher entry price.
Gain wise, Zest perform much better than SW

For me, Puchong is still favorable to Landed and highrise with bigger sqft

This post has been edited by twincharger07: Jul 7 2017, 04:50 PM

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:40 PM