views

haturaya
post May 11 2017, 01:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(WTFisLYN @ May 11 2017, 12:21 PM)
Are you really going to go for it? May I ask why naked/standard? A lot of people go for naked/standard nowadays instead of sportsbike. I do not understand. Can you explain. Is it the riding position? If it is because of riding position why not cruiser then?
Just drooling drool.gif Not really into big bike anymore. Old time sake. hahaha

But, if the 'itchiness' grows... I'll just get one Z650. sweat.gif I like this one because the riding position. A bit upright. I'm not into fast / speedy ride anymore. Not that young anymore whistling.gif . Leisure weekend ride perhaps. No more scraping kneecap sweat.gif

As for cruiser... IF Honda bring in Rebel 500... guarantee I'll be the first customer to buy it. thumbup.gif Hnnnnngggh
TSbasilisk
post May 11 2017, 03:15 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ May 10 2017, 08:22 AM)
You can select the sissy mode on the handlebar to cut power and let the traction control prevent you from doing anything stupid with the throttle.

mt09 ckd for msia doesnt come with TC , ABS also no.
TSbasilisk
post May 11 2017, 03:30 PM

30 posts

Are you really going to go for it? May I ask why naked/standard? A lot of people go for naked/standard nowadays instead of sportsbike. I do not understand. Can you explain. Is it the riding position? If it is because of riding position why not cruiser then?
actually, a faired bike is still favoured here in msia, also inline4 enjins, that is still the majority of mat motor mentality.

the naza blade 650, used to come in naked and faired. Naza stopped selling the naked version few years ago, permintaan kurang they said.

cruiser position is different, look at the vulcan S. the seat is very low, and your legs/ feet are in forward kangkang position. i personally don't prefer to ride like that biggrin.gif
TSbasilisk
post May 11 2017, 03:41 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(Mikahl @ May 9 2017, 11:25 PM)
As for the one-up category MT09, it seems that Yamaha has slapped on an engine that outdoes the body, making it too easy to accidentally pop a wheelie. I've not ridden one but i think I'll give that a miss for now. The MT10 also pretty damn sweet, but at RM115....?! Think not smile.gif
that mt09 jerky/snappy throttle ymh hav already updated the mapping,

latest 2017 version they improve the suspension as well.

the mt10 @ ah hong motor sentul, i heard it is just grey import from them,

not official CBU frm HLYM. HLYM never announce any CBU for mt10.

QUOTE(Mikahl @ May 10 2017, 06:26 PM)
On the topic of MT07, i understand the local models don't come equipped with ABS, ....is the ABS really gonna make a big difference? Some researchers in Australia think that ABS makes a 30 percent difference to your chances of an accident on a motorcycle.
well if the non abs mt07 is rm1-2k cheaper than z650, then i don't mind.

now no abs but more expensive, in EU they are priced the same, some country its either z650 or mt07 abit more

expensive, but both with ABS.
ciwi1166
post May 11 2017, 04:03 PM

~~~Prestissimo~~~
2,254 posts

HLY memang cheapskate...tongue.gif
WTFisLYN
post May 11 2017, 06:16 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ May 11 2017, 01:23 PM)
Just drooling  drool.gif  Not really into big bike anymore. Old time sake. hahaha

But, if the 'itchiness' grows... I'll just get one Z650.  sweat.gif  I like this one because the riding position. A bit upright. I'm not into fast / speedy ride anymore. Not that young anymore  whistling.gif . Leisure weekend ride perhaps. No more scraping kneecap  sweat.gif

As for cruiser... IF Honda bring in Rebel 500... guarantee I'll be the first customer to buy it.  thumbup.gif  Hnnnnngggh
I want The 300.
haturaya
post May 11 2017, 06:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(WTFisLYN @ May 11 2017, 06:16 PM)
I want The 300.
Rebel 300 too thumbup.gif

But I'll go for Rebel 500 without any second thoughts. biggrin.gif
ZZR-Pilot
post May 11 2017, 06:32 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(WTFisLYN @ May 11 2017, 01:21 PM)
No, folks going for naked/standard bikes is *NOT* a new phenomenon.

Naked bikes have always had a good following. Of course, the term 'naked' only became widespread in the last 10 or so years. 'Naked' is the original style of motorcycles (classic bikes are all 'naked' bikes until folks started modifying them into cafe racers which evolved into fully faired sportsbikes).

Naked bikes in the form of UJMs were very popular since way back through models like the Kawasaki Zephyrs, the Honda CBs and the Suzuki GS bikes. Those who can't imagine what UJMs look like, all you have to do is imagine the old police bike without the front windshield - those were CB750-P, part of the Honda CB family of UJMs which culminated in the popular CB400 VTEC (loads in SG) and the CB1300.

Of course, fully faired sportsbikes eventually outshined everything else because this genre became the first in line to directly benefit from whatever technology that came out of racing.

That said, even back then there were already lots of people stripping fully faired sportsbikes into naked bikes, and these were known as 'streetfighters' that combined the punch of sportsbikes with the wide bars and upright position of UJMs. The 1990s saw loads of those early watercooled and cradle framed GSXR750/GSXR1100 being converted into stuntable streetfighters (the new Yamaha MTs are a modern interpretation of these classic hooligan wheelie/burnout bikes).

Meanwhile, over in the US 'naked' bikes were already popular in the guise of Harley XR flat trackers made for oval clay racetracks. Harley Sportsters are a direct descendant of these, and those are naked too.

Anyway... custom-made streetfighters eventually gave way to what people call 'naked' bikes today.

A cruiser's riding position is not like that of a naked bike. The former is made for cruising, with low footpegs that let you stretch out your legs for easy laid back riding. The latter's riding position allows for a more nimble bike that's more suited for urban traffic.

This post has been edited by ZZR-Pilot: May 11 2017, 06:47 PM
haturaya
post May 11 2017, 06:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ May 11 2017, 06:32 PM)

Naked bikes have always had a good following. Of course, the term 'naked' only became widespread in the last 10 or so years. 'Naked' is the original style of motorcycles (classic bikes are all 'naked' bikes until folks started modifying them into cafe racers which evolved into fully faired sportsbikes).

Naked bikes in the form of UJMs were very popular since way back through models like the Kawasaki Zephyrs, the Honda CBs and the Suzuki GS bikes. Those who can't imagine what UJMs look like, all you have to do is imagine the old police bike without the front windshield - those were CB750-P, part of the Honda CB family of UJMs which culminated in the popular CB400 VTEC (loads in SG) and the CB1300.

Of course, fully faired sportsbikes eventually outshined everything else because this genre became the first in line to directly benefit from whatever technology that came out of racing.

That said, even back then there were already lots of people stripping fully faired sportsbikes into naked bikes, and these were known as 'streetfighters' that combined the punch of sportsbikes with the wide bars and upright position of UJMs. The 1990s saw loads of those early watercooled and cradle framed GSXR750/GSXR1100 being converted into stuntable streetfighters (the new Yamaha MTs are a modern interpretation of these classic hooligan wheelie/burnout bikes).

Meanwhile, over in the US 'naked' bikes were already popular in the guise of Harley XR flat trackers made for oval clay racetracks. Harley Sportsters are a direct descendant of these, and those are naked too.

Anyway... custom-made streetfighters eventually gave way to what people call 'naked' bikes today.

A cruiser's riding position is not like that of a naked bike. The former is made for cruising, with low footpegs that let you stretch out your legs for easy laid back riding. The latter's riding position allows for a more nimble bike that's more suited for urban traffic.
thumbup.gif

Mubarak90
post May 11 2017, 06:59 PM

Casual
482 posts

Some people also like the CRF250 Rally.
Lighter, and easier to manage. smile.gif

Attached Image
ciwi1166
post May 11 2017, 07:26 PM

~~~Prestissimo~~~
2,254 posts

i think er6n & z800 is most popular naked bike in my.

but dunno why they love such heavy bikes..sweat.gif

This post has been edited by ciwi1166: May 11 2017, 07:26 PM
HaiiSuan
post May 11 2017, 11:44 PM

7 posts

naked bike position is the middle ground between cruiser and sport riding position.
nimble enough for spirited riding and relaxed enough for normal riding.

QUOTE(haturaya @ May 11 2017, 01:23 PM)
Just drooling  drool.gif  Not really into big bike anymore. Old time sake. hahaha

But, if the 'itchiness' grows... I'll just get one Z650.  sweat.gif  I like this one because the riding position. A bit upright. I'm not into fast / speedy ride anymore. Not that young anymore  whistling.gif . Leisure weekend ride perhaps. No more scraping kneecap  sweat.gif

As for cruiser... IF Honda bring in Rebel 500... guarantee I'll be the first customer to buy it.  thumbup.gif  Hnnnnngggh
rebel 500 using cb500 engine. much puny
QUOTE(ciwi1166 @ May 11 2017, 07:26 PM)

can make aeon loan and the price is competitive during its release.

haturaya
post May 12 2017, 06:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(HaiiSuan @ May 11 2017, 11:44 PM)
naked bike position is the middle ground between cruiser and sport riding position.
rebel 500 using cb500 engine. much puny

can make aeon loan and the price is competitive during its release.
Rebel 500 more than enough for me. thumbup.gif Not into spirited riding anymore. Just casual stroll during the weekend. biggrin.gif Relax & enjoy the scenery.
D'cruise61
post May 12 2017, 10:09 AM

0 posts

Then another alternative to consider is the Vulcan S650 which is a good bike for easy riding and pack more torgue than Rebel 500. Price wise is almost similar to the Rebel.
lowpro
post May 12 2017, 10:19 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ May 12 2017, 06:41 AM)
Rebel 500 more than enough for me.  thumbup.gif  Not into spirited riding anymore. Just casual stroll during the weekend.  biggrin.gif  Relax & enjoy the scenery.
Is the Rebel 500 sold here? Hmmm, anyone test rode the Harley Davidson Street Rod yet? Just curious how it is vs the Triumph Street Cup
D'cruise61
post May 12 2017, 10:29 AM

0 posts

No new yet as to whether Boon Siew will be bringing it in or when it will be brought in. The rebel 500 is direct competition to the Vulcan S from Kawasaki.
SUSskyblu3
post May 12 2017, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(D'cruise61 @ May 12 2017, 10:29 AM)
No new yet as to whether Boon Siew will be bringing it in or when it will be brought in.  The rebel 500 is direct competition to the Vulcan S from Kawasaki.
BS have yet to bring in the cbr250
WTFisLYN
post May 12 2017, 02:33 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ May 11 2017, 06:32 PM)

I understand. Malaysians don't like cruisers because they're to relaxed and laid back? Malaysians don't like to cruise and enjoy? How are these criterias bad?

WTFisLYN
post May 12 2017, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(ciwi1166 @ May 11 2017, 07:26 PM)

Especially The ER6N. They're everywhere.
WTFisLYN
post May 12 2017, 02:40 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(HaiiSuan @ May 11 2017, 11:44 PM)

Best Explanation Yet

304 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:05 AM