Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Review - Xiaofang 1080p IP Camera

aeiou228
post Mar 4 2018, 08:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Any one having issue with xiaofang goes off line without any apparent reason?
I must off and on again in order to get it online again.
Happens to 2 xiaofang cameras.
Latest firmware 3.3.3.59.
alken
post Mar 4 2018, 09:26 PM

Group: Junior Member

I have the same issue.. on latest firmware.. anyone could advise?

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Mar 4 2018, 08:32 PM)
xyber9
post Mar 28 2018, 01:13 PM

On my way

After upgrading to latest firmware 3.3.3.59 Xiaofang cannot look back and sd card not detected. Check sd card is ok. Remove insert back sd card and on back device still not recording.

Before upgrading no problem. MAC address starts with 34:

Please advice how to solve this
1depp1
post Mar 29 2018, 02:21 PM

Casual

Nice bro..
aeiou228
post Mar 29 2018, 05:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(alken @ Mar 4 2018, 09:26 PM)
I have the same issue.. on latest firmware.. anyone could advise?
Damn, my xiaofang keep offline by itself every week.
iXora.ix
post Apr 1 2018, 11:31 PM

scoot scoot

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Mar 4 2018, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE(xyber9 @ Mar 28 2018, 01:13 PM)
After upgrading to latest firmware  3.3.3.59 Xiaofang cannot look back and sd card not detected.  Check sd card is ok.  Remove insert back sd card and on back device still not recording. 

Before upgrading no problem. MAC address  starts with 34: 

Please advice how to solve this
Same. 1st, I thought there is blackout or what but I need to manual power cycle to view back my cctv. Also about the memory card, the trick is to power off the camera, power on until it boot up then enject memory card and then insert back
Maxram
post Apr 3 2018, 10:41 PM

Getting Started

Wish to check is there any option for off unit saving of video instead of SD card on board? Example like NAS or thru router. Thanks
#Victor
post Apr 4 2018, 03:28 PM

Regular

Anyone has experience with this issue where XiaoFang failed to connect to a WiFi despite other XiaoFang manage to connect the same SSID? Tried setting up the same SSID and password using mobile hotspot, the camera able to pair and connect successfully but anyhow it can't connect to the router despite other XiaoFang can connect without problem. hmm.gif
Only one XiaoFang having the issue despite already updated to latest firmware. Sometimes it failed to connect but in Mi Home app can see the added device but after a while it went offline.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

idoblu
post Apr 22 2018, 06:30 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Mar 29 2018, 05:12 PM)
Damn, my xiaofang keep offline by itself every week.
maybe can try this app - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wyze/id1288415553?mt=8
if android, just search wyze labs

wyze labs sells xiaofang in the US and they are using this app. not sure if our xiaofang can use the same app.
aeiou228
post Apr 24 2018, 10:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(idoblu @ Apr 22 2018, 06:30 PM)
maybe can try this app - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wyze/id1288415553?mt=8
if android, just search wyze labs

wyze labs sells xiaofang in the US and they are using this app. not sure if our xiaofang can use the same app.
Thank you sir, will give it a try if problem persists. Lately the camera behave pulak.
chew118
post Apr 28 2018, 12:43 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Apr 24 2018, 10:16 PM)
Thank you sir, will give it a try if problem persists. Lately the camera behave pulak.
doubt this will work.. as Xiaomi is manufacturing the same camera as OEM to other company and they have region lock on all new release .. it may still work in Asia but definitely wont work outside Asia.
alpidot
post May 14 2018, 06:00 PM

Getting Started

mine will go offline after 2 or 3 days....need to restart
enciksohai
post May 20 2018, 11:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(alpidot @ May 14 2018, 06:00 PM)
mine will go offline after 2 or 3 days....need to restart
Why? Then this is not usable is it? Too many bugs?
I just bought it. Also planning to use redone 1gb monthly paired with ee60. It's enough right?

If it's not stable, then must hack it?
dkcheong1127
post Jun 6 2018, 03:36 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(chew118 @ Jan 8 2018, 01:59 PM)
latest firmware may have region block.  new batch of cam have region block. there are some seller from 11street advise not to upgrade firmware.

basically if the MAC address is

34:xx:xx:Dx:xx:xx - it will have region lock in place

34:xx:xx:Fx:xx:xx  - this is ok.....

base on my observation.
sad...mine are inside this series 34:xx:xx:Dx:xx:xx ... meaning i cant upgrade my firmware ? my existing firmware is 3.0.3.56 which i never upgrade before after i bought it...
it never detect my sd card even though im using samsung evo microsd

This post has been edited by dkcheong1127: Jun 6 2018, 03:38 PM
sailou
post Jun 8 2018, 03:57 PM

Casual

One of my Xiao Fang just went offline despite powering off and on repeatedly. Even rebooted my router does not help.

Had it reset and it's working again.

Just when its getting annoying with all these problems, the motion alarm downloading is working again! Else I'm gonna start searching for alternative and throw this cam into the bin!
fkinmeng
post Jun 10 2018, 01:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!

my xiaofang suddenly goes crazy.

night mode - ok

but if normal mode, even if bright lights, it's super dark, can't see shit dark.

anyone having the same issue?
soules83
post Jun 13 2018, 03:27 PM

Regular

QUOTE(idoblu @ Feb 28 2017, 10:32 AM)
Note - Blue texts are my latest accessment. Please also read my other review on Xiaomi DaFang IP Cam

It comes in a small box photographed here with my portable HDD
user posted image

Type A USB power adaptor. Tiny Xiaofang with my fan remote
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Review XiaoFang IP Cam.

Okay I just got this a few days ago. I bought it because of the low price. I already using a Samsung IP Cam for about 1.5 years now and very happy with it. Incase you want to know the model number, it is Samsung SNH-P6410BN. It cost around Rm600

This Xiaofang 1080p IP Cam cost me less than Rm100 but still I will have to compare it with my Samsung. Like the Samsung, it can record video in several ways. Continuos recording or record only when it detects motion. Samsung one can also be triggered by sound. Xiaofang can also be triggered by Smoke and CO2 alarm sound - whatever this means. No I dont think it can detect smoke or CO2, it just detects the alarm sound. The weird thing is inside the app under Settings, it has two switch - one for CO2 alarm and one for Smoke - got any difference between CO2 and Smoke Alarm? Maybe it must be a Xiaomi Smoke and CO2 alarm and has a difference

Both are 1080p and IR for night vision. Both have intercom capability

Pros -
1. Low cost - Rm100 to 120 Rm50-80
2. Tiny
3. Can run off of a powerbank
4. It comes with a tiny USB power adaptor but the prongs are Type A
5. Comes with a long USB cable. If you need a new cable, make sure the microUSB head is small enough to be plug in. Most wont fit XiaoFang's tiny hole opening

Cons -
1. Motion detect video is not stored on the microSD card but in the Cloud. Samsung motion detected videos are stored in the card. In order to view each recording, it takes a minute or two to "download" and let you view it. On the Samsung, it takes maybe a second or two. Waiting for the Xiaofang to download takes too long. This also means if you do not have Internet connection, you wont get any motion detect video unlike the Samsung which can continue to record into the microSD card.
> downloading Motion Alarm videos seems faster now if there is no connection problems

2. And if you want a copy of it, you need to "share" it by emailing yourself the video. With Samsung, you just need to copy the videos from the card. Albeit you need to remove the card from the cam first and most of the time, the cam is installed high above the ceiling or something. So there are pros and cons here. Xiaofang - you need to download one by one. Samsung you can copy all at once but you need to access the card

3. Viewing Live Videos also takes longer on the Xiaofang. It takes a couple of minute before it can show you a live stream. Samsung one is very fast. Live stream is extremely laggy
>seems faster now

4. Notifications - Once it detects motion, it is suppose to push a notification to your smartphone. On the Xiaofang, sometimes its fast and sometimes it is too slow. And it doesnt keep on sending you notifications if there is still motion. On my Samsung, it will send a notification once it detects motion (so far the response time has been good but on a few occasions also slow) and it will keep sending notifications if it still detects motion. This is important to me as I do not bother to check each notification that comes in but if it is persistent, I will want to know why there are people loitering around.

5. It has a magnetic base so you can stick this fella anywhere iron but the magnet is rather weak. The 360 degrees Z stand makes it versatile for installation but if you want to install this on your ceiling, you need double sided tape. There are not screw holes for you to mount this thing. And see no.6

6. You can only flip the image upside down but not 4 ways like the Samsung.

7. Crashed my Wifi network several times
> problem fixed itself. All okay now

8. My ID seems to have changed to something else on its own - no idea why or how
> The number is your Xiaomi account number
The microSD card is not needed unless you want to take still shots, time lapse, and record video
Do you need to purchase the mi cloud service? I have a xiaomi router with HDD connected, can transfer to my HDD like your case?
idoblu
post Jun 13 2018, 03:32 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(soules83 @ Jun 13 2018, 03:27 PM)
Do you need to purchase the mi cloud service? I have a xiaomi router with HDD connected, can transfer to my HDD like your case?
No need purchase cloud service
In the Dafang thread someone mentioned can transfer to router with hdd
soules83
post Jun 13 2018, 03:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jun 13 2018, 03:32 PM)
No need purchase cloud service
In the Dafang thread someone mentioned can transfer to router with hdd
thanks. who? I will ask he/she.
enciksohai
post Jun 15 2018, 04:41 AM

Getting Started

Wtf always timed out during setup. Really piece of sit. I changed my wifi password and had to setup again but it won't pair. For 1 hour I'm wasted for this.

9 Pages « < 7 8 9Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0897sec    4.69    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th June 2018 - 11:23 PM