11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Review - Xiaofang 1080p IP Camera

idoblu
post Feb 28 2017, 10:32 AM, updated 2 months ago

stars for sale
Group: Senior Member

Note - Blue texts are my latest accessment. Please also read my other review on Xiaomi DaFang IP Cam

It comes in a small box photographed here with my portable HDD
user posted image

Type A USB power adaptor. Tiny Xiaofang with my fan remote
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Review XiaoFang IP Cam.

Okay I just got this a few days ago. I bought it because of the low price. I already using a Samsung IP Cam for about 1.5 years now and very happy with it. Incase you want to know the model number, it is Samsung SNH-P6410BN. It cost around Rm600

This Xiaofang 1080p IP Cam cost me less than Rm100 but still I will have to compare it with my Samsung. Like the Samsung, it can record video in several ways. Continuos recording or record only when it detects motion. Samsung one can also be triggered by sound. Xiaofang can also be triggered by Smoke and CO2 alarm sound - whatever this means. No I dont think it can detect smoke or CO2, it just detects the alarm sound. The weird thing is inside the app under Settings, it has two switch - one for CO2 alarm and one for Smoke - got any difference between CO2 and Smoke Alarm? Maybe it must be a Xiaomi Smoke and CO2 alarm and has a difference

Both are 1080p and IR for night vision. Both have intercom capability

Pros -
1. Low cost - Rm100 to 120 Rm50-80
2. Tiny
3. Can run off of a powerbank
4. It comes with a tiny USB power adaptor but the prongs are Type A
5. Comes with a long USB cable. If you need a new cable, make sure the microUSB head is small enough to be plug in. Most wont fit XiaoFang's tiny hole opening

Cons -
1. Motion detect video is not stored on the microSD card but in the Cloud. Samsung motion detected videos are stored in the card. In order to view each recording, it takes a minute or two to "download" and let you view it. On the Samsung, it takes maybe a second or two. Waiting for the Xiaofang to download takes too long. This also means if you do not have Internet connection, you wont get any motion detect video unlike the Samsung which can continue to record into the microSD card.
> downloading Motion Alarm videos seems faster now if there is no connection problems

2. And if you want a copy of it, you need to "share" it by emailing yourself the video. With Samsung, you just need to copy the videos from the card. Albeit you need to remove the card from the cam first and most of the time, the cam is installed high above the ceiling or something. So there are pros and cons here. Xiaofang - you need to download one by one. Samsung you can copy all at once but you need to access the card

3. Viewing Live Videos also takes longer on the Xiaofang. It takes a couple of minute before it can show you a live stream. Samsung one is very fast. Live stream is extremely laggy
>seems faster now

4. Notifications - Once it detects motion, it is suppose to push a notification to your smartphone. On the Xiaofang, sometimes its fast and sometimes it is too slow. And it doesnt keep on sending you notifications if there is still motion. On my Samsung, it will send a notification once it detects motion (so far the response time has been good but on a few occasions also slow) and it will keep sending notifications if it still detects motion. This is important to me as I do not bother to check each notification that comes in but if it is persistent, I will want to know why there are people loitering around.

5. It has a magnetic base so you can stick this fella anywhere iron but the magnet is rather weak. The 360 degrees Z stand makes it versatile for installation but if you want to install this on your ceiling, you need double sided tape. There are not screw holes for you to mount this thing. And see no.6

6. You can only flip the image upside down but not 4 ways like the Samsung.

7. Crashed my Wifi network several times
> problem fixed itself. All okay now

8. My ID seems to have changed to something else on its own - no idea why or how
> The number is your Xiaomi account number

The microSD card is not needed unless you want to take still shots, time lapse, and record video

This post has been edited by idoblu: Feb 24 2018, 10:38 AM
jamalnsx
post Feb 28 2017, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

The power adapater is China plug type. US and Japan plug have a hole in the blade.
alucard89
post Mar 2 2017, 10:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!

My only problem with this model is that there's no option to specify alert time/when to monitor for movements
What were they thinking not having that as basic feature? Still awaiting future updates for this
idoblu
post Mar 2 2017, 10:47 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Mar 2 2017, 10:44 PM)
My only problem with this model is that there's no option to specify alert time/when to monitor for movements
What were they thinking not having that as basic feature? Still awaiting future updates for this
Got I think...
alucard89
post Mar 2 2017, 10:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 2 2017, 10:47 PM)
Got I think...
Care to show the option? I just can't find it, only see sensivity option
idoblu
post Mar 2 2017, 10:54 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Mar 2 2017, 10:53 PM)
Tomorrow I will check for you
idoblu
post Mar 3 2017, 06:23 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Mar 2 2017, 10:53 PM)
Maybe not what you want ....it's time lapse and not motion detect

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by idoblu: Mar 3 2017, 06:25 AM
Bishop
post Mar 4 2017, 12:57 PM

Diagonal Views

Can two phone connect to the same cam?
idoblu
post Mar 4 2017, 12:59 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(Bishop @ Mar 4 2017, 12:57 PM)
Can two phone connect to the same cam?
i havent tried that but should be able to
Bishop
post Mar 5 2017, 08:56 AM

Diagonal Views

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 4 2017, 12:59 PM)
i havent tried that but should be able to
I tried but it reset the previous other phone setting. Can you try? Maybe I am doing it wrong.
idoblu
post Mar 5 2017, 04:05 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(Bishop @ Mar 5 2017, 08:56 AM)
I tried but it reset the previous other phone setting. Can you try? Maybe I am doing it wrong.
i installed an additional app on my iPad. Seems to be okay but I cant get my iPhone and iPad to display a live video. Its either one only

And this stupid thing is causing my network to crash. vmad.gif

I try to install the app on my android phone and it says it cannot work with this revision of OS.

Oh another thing I just noticed - I signed up with my phone number. So my user id is my number. Just now I noticed that it displayed another set of numbers. I got no idea where this came from. Please check yours

This post has been edited by idoblu: Mar 5 2017, 04:14 PM
Bishop
post Mar 6 2017, 12:05 PM

Diagonal Views

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 5 2017, 04:05 PM)
i installed an additional app on my iPad. Seems to be okay but I cant get my iPhone and iPad to display a live video. Its either one only

And this stupid thing is causing my network to crash.  vmad.gif

I try to install the app on my android phone and it says it cannot work with this revision of OS.

Oh another thing I just noticed - I signed up with my phone number. So my user id is my number. Just now I noticed that it displayed another set of numbers. I got no idea where this came from. Please check yours
Can install but can sync with ONE device only. Anyone managed to get more than one to work at the same time?

Where to check ID no?
idoblu
post Mar 6 2017, 12:27 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(Bishop @ Mar 6 2017, 12:05 PM)
Can install but can sync with ONE device only. Anyone managed to get more than one to work at the same time?

Where to check ID no?
The top left side menu
Once you open should see your ID
boxer07
post Mar 6 2017, 12:36 PM

On my way

i still prefer Yi Camera 720p/1080p ....this xiaofang camera is laggy on live stream....

and it takes longer time to stream .
aeiou228
post Mar 6 2017, 01:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Sharing my reviews (Using china server)
1) Motion detect video only record a max of 16 seconds of video with sound for each motion detection. If there is continuous motion going on, subsequent motion detection needs to wait a 4 to 5 minutes gap. I don't find any settings to adjust the motion detect recording duration and the time gap between each detection.

2) Continous recording requires micro sd card. Video scenes that were not captured in the 16 seconds motion detection recording can be traced back in 24 hours per set 'Continuos Recording' but with a catch...no SOUND.

3) alucard89, there is an option to set the alert time but no option to control when to motion detect monitoring. Goto profile > Settings > message settings > Do not disturb > set the time you want. As for to control when to motion monitor, the closest settings is the manual On/Off button in the Camera page.
Attached Image

TS thanks for your reviews, do you mind to copy all info in the first post? Easier to read in one place.

Bishop
post Mar 6 2017, 03:01 PM

Diagonal Views

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Mar 6 2017, 01:31 PM)
1) Motion detect video only record a max of 16 seconds of video with sound for each motion detection. If there is continuous motion going on, subsequent motion detection needs to wait a 4 to 5 minutes gap. I don't find any settings to adjust the motion detect recording duration and the time gap between each detection.

2) Continous recording requires micro sd card. Video scenes that were not captured in the 16 seconds motion detection recording can be traced back in 24 hours per set 'Continuos Recording' but with a catch...no SOUND.

3) alucard89, there is an option to set the alert time but no option to control when to motion detect monitoring. Goto profile > Settings > message settings > Do not disturb > set the time you want. As for to control when to motion monitor, the closest settings is the manual On/Off button in the Camera page.
Attached Image

TS thanks for your reviews, do you mind to copy all info in the first post? Easier to read in one place.
Can two phone connect to the same camera?At the same time?

aeiou228
post Mar 6 2017, 04:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Bishop @ Mar 6 2017, 03:01 PM)
Can two phone connect to the same camera?At the same time?
Can. Both also received alert at the same time.
WildChai
post Mar 20 2017, 02:48 PM

Wut is this?

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Mar 6 2017, 01:31 PM)

Attached Image

Do you have issue with playback? The timestamp on my continous recording is always 30minutes behind. i.e current time is 12:45AM, if I use the Gallery to view continous recording, it only shows till 12:15AM.

Why this 30mins lag?

And agree that the motion detection is a useless 16secs.

alucard89
post Mar 21 2017, 09:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!

aeiou228
Just noticed your post, thanks for the alternative for motion alerts
At least until there's a new update for the xiofang plugin to include custom time for motion detection recording/alerts.
aeiou228
post Mar 22 2017, 08:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(WildChai @ Mar 20 2017, 02:48 PM)
Do you have issue with playback? The timestamp on my continous recording is always 30minutes behind. i.e current time is 12:45AM, if I use the Gallery to view continous recording, it only shows till 12:15AM.

Why this 30mins lag?

And agree that the motion detection is a useless 16secs.
Mine no time lag. Continous recording in real time.

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0775sec    1.80    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th August 2018 - 04:40 AM