It comes in a small box photographed here with my portable HDD
Review XiaoFang IP Cam.
Okay I just got this a few days ago. I bought it because of the low price. I already using a Samsung IP Cam for about 1.5 years now and very happy with it. Incase you want to know the model number, it is Samsung SNH-P6410BN. It cost around Rm600
This Xiaofang 1080p IP Cam cost me less than Rm100 but still I will have to compare it with my Samsung. Like the Samsung, it can record video in several ways. Continuos recording or record only when it detects motion. Samsung one can also be triggered by sound. Xiaofang can also be triggered by Smoke and CO2 alarm sound - whatever this means. No I dont think it can detect smoke or CO2, it just detects the alarm sound. The weird thing is inside the app under Settings, it has two switch - one for CO2 alarm and one for Smoke - got any difference between CO2 and Smoke Alarm? Maybe it must be a Xiaomi Smoke and CO2 alarm and has a difference
Both are 1080p and IR for night vision. Both have intercom capability
1. Low cost -
3. Can run off of a powerbank
4. It comes with a tiny USB power adaptor but the prongs are Type A
5. Comes with a long USB cable. If you need a new cable, make sure the microUSB head is small enough to be plug in. Most wont fit XiaoFang's tiny hole opening
1. Motion detect video is not stored on the microSD card but in the Cloud. Samsung motion detected videos are stored in the card. In order to view each recording, it takes a minute or two to "download" and let you view it. On the Samsung, it takes maybe a second or two. Waiting for the Xiaofang to download takes too long. This also means if you do not have Internet connection, you wont get any motion detect video unlike the Samsung which can continue to record into the microSD card.
> downloading Motion Alarm videos seems faster now if there is no connection problems
2. And if you want a copy of it, you need to "share" it by emailing yourself the video. With Samsung, you just need to copy the videos from the card. Albeit you need to remove the card from the cam first and most of the time, the cam is installed high above the ceiling or something. So there are pros and cons here. Xiaofang - you need to download one by one. Samsung you can copy all at once but you need to access the card
3. Viewing Live Videos also takes longer on the Xiaofang. It takes a couple of minute before it can show you a live stream. Samsung one is very fast. Live stream is extremely laggy
>seems faster now
4. Notifications - Once it detects motion, it is suppose to push a notification to your smartphone. On the Xiaofang, sometimes its fast and sometimes it is too slow. And it doesnt keep on sending you notifications if there is still motion. On my Samsung, it will send a notification once it detects motion (so far the response time has been good but on a few occasions also slow) and it will keep sending notifications if it still detects motion. This is important to me as I do not bother to check each notification that comes in but if it is persistent, I will want to know why there are people loitering around.
5. It has a magnetic base so you can stick this fella anywhere iron but the magnet is rather weak. The 360 degrees Z stand makes it versatile for installation but if you want to install this on your ceiling, you need double sided tape. There are not screw holes for you to mount this thing. And see no.6
6. You can only flip the image upside down but not 4 ways like the Samsung.
7. Crashed my Wifi network several times
> problem fixed itself. All okay now
8. My ID seems to have changed to something else on its own - no idea why or how
> The number is your Xiaomi account number
The microSD card is not needed unless you want to take still shots, time lapse, and record video
This post has been edited by idoblu: Feb 24 2018, 10:38 AM