Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Android / Other TV Box, see Page 1 first... V2

ranger2020
post Jul 24 2017, 03:45 PM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Effy92 @ Jul 24 2017, 07:56 AM)
I'm still struggling to choose my first android tv box whether Himedia Q10 pro or Minix U9-H.

At first I was considering the Xioami mi box but after researching seem mi box to simple, himedia and minix can do more customization.

Himedia q10 can put 3.5hdd is a plus point to me. Minix not sure what are the pros to himedia?

I don't get it at the first post saying minix has more tv apps compatibality, what tv apps not compatible with himedia q10 pro?
if you don't need a heavy duty box, get a kacang putih box will do. around RM200.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
alijoe
post Jul 24 2017, 07:04 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(ranger2020 @ Jul 24 2017, 03:45 PM)
if you don't need a heavy duty box, get a kacang putih box will do. around RM200.
Second this as well. Maybe when my budget is there, i will aim for himedia / minix. For now my Beelink mini mx 3-2 works really well.
+Quote Post
voncrane
post Jul 24 2017, 07:44 PM
Noir et fier!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Effy92 @ Jul 24 2017, 07:56 AM)
I'm still struggling to choose my first android tv box whether Himedia Q10 pro or Minix U9-H.

At first I was considering the Xioami mi box but after researching seem mi box to simple, himedia and minix can do more customization.

Himedia q10 can put 3.5hdd is a plus point to me. Minix not sure what are the pros to himedia?

I don't get it at the first post saying minix has more tv apps compatibality, what tv apps not compatible with himedia q10 pro?
Minix better for apps support and more importantly for Kodi (Minix are diamond backers for Kodi).. other apps such as hypptv, aotg, iflix, etc... There's a dedicated thread on the official forum for apps recommendation and ask for fixes to be implemented in the next firmware update.. Purely English firmware..PQ gets better with each update, excellent support (a bit snoobish at times, but they get things done..so overlooked)... Device is by a group that stands by and based on the Neo U1, should handle what current stuff is thrown at it.

HiMedia Q10Pro... There's a dedicated thread.. Hang in there a bit.. in summary: good non-kodi hd audio passthrough support, good PQ and customizable as per your eyes.. Disk bay if for those who prefer such over an external HD.. etc..

Edit: As for listening to those who say you should get a RM200 box.. Know this.. Stuff is good till it's no longer.. Both the Kancil and the 7 series go from point A to point B.. If you had the budget, which would you rather be in for a long distance drive or in an accident? biggrin.gif

QUOTE(thenuts15 @ Jul 24 2017, 11:42 AM)
Any difference in having Exodus from mediarepos versus Aries Project?
I trust Ares more.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jul 24 2017, 07:46 PM
+Quote Post
Effy92
post Jul 25 2017, 12:49 AM
Getting Started

QUOTE(ranger2020 @ Jul 24 2017, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE(alijoe @ Jul 24 2017, 07:04 PM)
Second this as well. Maybe when my budget is there, i will aim for himedia / minix. For now my Beelink mini mx 3-2 works really well.
Tq guys. Actually at first i want to built htpc but come across this android box. I'm willing to fork abit more for my first tv box, still cheaper than built htpc. Later can impress my sibling with this good box, they only using astro. Plus i just bought 4k tv, i need good source.

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jul 24 2017, 07:44 PM)
Minix better for apps support and more importantly for Kodi (Minix are diamond backers for Kodi).. other apps such as hypptv, aotg, iflix, etc... There's a dedicated thread on the official forum for apps recommendation and ask for fixes to be implemented in the next firmware update.. Purely English firmware..PQ gets better with each update, excellent support (a bit snoobish at times, but they get things done..so overlooked)... Device is by a group that stands by and based on the Neo U1, should handle what current stuff is thrown at it.

HiMedia Q10Pro... There's a dedicated thread.. Hang in there a bit.. in summary: good non-kodi hd audio passthrough support, good PQ and customizable as per your eyes.. Disk bay if for those who prefer such over an external HD.. etc..
Edit: As for listening to those who say you should get a RM200 box.. Know this.. Stuff is good till it's no longer.. Both the Kancil and the 7 series go from point A to point B.. If you had the budget, which would you rather be in for a long distance drive or in an accident?  biggrin.gif
I trust Ares more.
Tqvm for your summary, ts should pin this at the 1st page. I'm really appreciated it. I will lurking more in that model specific thread. After seeing this I'm toward more to minix u9-h, dont mind to use external drive as it got 3.0usb port, easy to copy paste also right.

Btw, what is PQ mean? Hehe

This post has been edited by Effy92: Jul 25 2017, 12:52 AM
+Quote Post
biggie
post Jul 25 2017, 08:36 AM
Enthusiast

well this is my history of these tv boxes:

G-box Midnight 2 : 1st tv box, play offline movies. lots of updates and bugs
Old laptop - Windows 8: slow ...slow... very difficult to select menus
Old laptop- upgraded to windows 10 ...slower - menus better though
Minix z64 on windows 10 : now i start streaming movies!, but it is slow, jerky and frequently runs into DNS problems which never fully resolved.
KM8 Pro : cheap, quick, responsive...unfortunately Kodi ahemm... addons dying and have to do more then necessary maintenance.

All the which with those boxes I also have my astro running as I do not seem to find good service for EPL Football.

Next box, will look at box with legal streaming service

+Quote Post
voncrane
post Jul 25 2017, 01:23 PM
Noir et fier!

QUOTE(Effy92 @ Jul 25 2017, 12:49 AM)
Tq guys. Actually at first i want to built htpc but come across this android box. I'm willing to fork abit more for my first tv box, still cheaper than built htpc.  Later can impress my sibling with this good box, they only using astro. Plus i just bought 4k tv, i need good source.
Tqvm for your summary, ts should pin this at the 1st page. I'm really appreciated it. I will lurking more in that model specific thread. After seeing this I'm toward more to minix u9-h, dont mind to use external drive as it got 3.0usb port, easy to copy paste also right.

PQ is short for Picture Quality.

Good sources? That's the trickier and easy part.. The general understanding here is if you can find the source and your device can handle it? Then good. Do NOT buy such devices expecting Ast** level support or features.. Some sources are free and others are paid.. Depending on your requirements, neither the paid or free route is the "best" option all the time, as some services come and go. Generally, paid is better cuz you just sign up with a decent provider and they handle the streams for you. Free? You'll have to go hunting yourself and maintain.

QUOTE(biggie @ Jul 25 2017, 08:36 AM)
well this is my history of these tv boxes:

G-box Midnight 2 : 1st tv box, play offline movies. lots of updates and bugs
Old laptop - Windows 8: slow ...slow... very difficult to select menus
Old laptop-  upgraded to windows 10 ...slower - menus better though
Minix z64 on windows 10 : now i start streaming movies!, but it is slow, jerky and frequently runs into DNS problems which never fully resolved.
KM8 Pro : cheap, quick, responsive...unfortunately Kodi ahemm... addons dying and have to do more then necessary maintenance.

All the which with those boxes I also have my astro running as I do not seem to find good service for EPL Football.

Next box, will look at box with legal streaming service
You mean illegal streaming service posing as legal streaming service...? Reliable full HD epl sources can be tough to find. Rest assured, they are available.
+Quote Post
dwRK
post Jul 25 2017, 07:24 PM
Regular

QUOTE(Effy92 @ Jul 25 2017, 12:49 AM)

Which comment to pin?
+Quote Post
palopeor
post Jul 25 2017, 08:03 PM

Any recomendation for a brand New tv box with dual tdt(tv) latest Android if possible and can handle externa HD, i just Saw one on the first pages...

This post has been edited by palopeor: Jul 25 2017, 08:04 PM
+Quote Post
voncrane
post Yesterday, 09:46 AM
Noir et fier!

QUOTE(dwRK @ Jul 25 2017, 07:24 PM)
Which comment to pin?
Dear TS, don't mean to brag or anything, but I believe (adjusts spectacles) the lad was referring to my post.. cool2.gif

QUOTE(palopeor @ Jul 25 2017, 08:03 PM)
Any recomendation for a brand New tv box with dual tdt(tv) latest Android if possible and can handle externa HD, i just Saw one on the first pages...
Good you found one..
+Quote Post
dwRK
post Yesterday, 11:11 AM
Regular

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jul 26 2017, 09:46 AM)
Dear TS, don't mean to brag or anything, but I believe (adjusts spectacles) the lad was referring to my post..  cool2.gif
For sure...but what info is missing, or not understood? My England can be difficulty at times... smile.gif

I've already mentioned Minix has the best tv apps compatibility...and also showing for example aotg...which box works...

Glad to pin and give you credit...my ego can deflate a little no problem... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
voncrane
post Yesterday, 01:31 PM
Noir et fier!

QUOTE(dwRK @ Jul 26 2017, 11:11 AM)
For sure...but what info is missing, or not understood? My England can be difficulty at times... smile.gif

I've already mentioned Minix has the best tv apps compatibility...and also showing for example aotg...which box works...

Glad to pin and give you credit...my ego can deflate a little no problem... biggrin.gif
Your England is fine.. Even the British and Americans don't see eye to eye on it. No need for ego deflation, you are the TS of a worthy page one. As for the post, copy and paste or incorporate into your words also can.. Fine by me.. laugh.gif
+Quote Post

82 Pages « < 80 81 82Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2125sec    2.95    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 04:34 AM