Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NS), More Monado? (Games)

views

N30rang3r
post Dec 1 2017, 09:42 PM

Casual
427 posts

guys, bear in mind.

the CE is kinda heavy, carry carefully. The box I carry now have some dent on the side!
tenakira
post Dec 1 2017, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(N30rang3r @ Dec 1 2017, 09:42 PM)
guys, bear in mind.

the CE is kinda heavy, carry carefully. The box I carry now have some dent on the side!
Mostly from the weight of the hardbound artbook I guess
bidfordun
post Dec 2 2017, 05:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(N30rang3r @ Dec 1 2017, 09:42 PM)
guys, bear in mind.

kinda cheap. i saw most of the game shops selling at rm599.
tenakira
post Dec 3 2017, 12:10 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(bidfordun @ Dec 2 2017, 05:47 PM)
kinda cheap. i saw most of the game shops selling at rm599.
Dunno how much Amazon sell now. A few of us here grabbed it for 82USD + shipping + tax; wind up ard 113USD... that’s the cheapest but gotta wait 2 weeks la... that’s the downside
dynames07
post Dec 3 2017, 10:36 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

19 hours in the game now.. just arrived at 3rd location.

the blade bonding is really random. if this is an mmo, that can surely be the P2W part lol
calintztan
post Dec 4 2017, 10:13 AM

Enthusiast
855 posts

QUOTE(dynames07 @ Dec 3 2017, 10:36 AM)
19 hours in the game now.. just arrived at 3rd location.

the blade bonding is really random. if this is an mmo, that can surely be the P2W part lol
Random and time consuming. I think I made at least 60 common and 5 rares pull.
60 common got 5 rare blades
5 rares for 2 rare blades.

This post has been edited by calintztan: Dec 4 2017, 10:14 AM
dynames07
post Dec 4 2017, 12:03 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(calintztan @ Dec 4 2017, 10:13 AM)
Random and time consuming. I think I made at least 60 common and 5 rares pull.
60 common got 5 rare blades
5 rares for 2 rare blades.
wow your luck must be better than mine.. i never got any rare blades from common stones. as for rare, 8 stones resulted with 3 rare blades.
alphasp
post Dec 6 2017, 11:54 AM

39 posts

Finally got my collector edition and pro controller after stuck in custom for few days.
user posted image

This post has been edited by alphasp: Dec 6 2017, 11:54 AM
tenakira
post Dec 6 2017, 02:29 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(alphasp @ Dec 6 2017, 11:54 AM)
Finally got my collector edition and pro controller after stuck in custom for few days.
user posted image
Where u get it from? Amazon? So fast...
alphasp
post Dec 6 2017, 02:51 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(tenakira @ Dec 6 2017, 02:29 PM)
Where u get it from? Amazon? So fast...
Amazon Japan
Rei7
post Dec 6 2017, 03:12 PM

Multi-platformer
1,299 posts

I finished the first one yesterday and the story is really really good.
Hopefully the 2nd one is good as well.
TenSou
post Dec 9 2017, 12:35 AM

46 posts

I bet I can only get 3 Rare Blades from these cry.gif

user posted image
Rei7
post Dec 9 2017, 08:43 PM

Multi-platformer
1,299 posts

QUOTE(TenSou @ Dec 9 2017, 12:35 AM)
I bet I can only get 3 Rare Blades from these  cry.gif

user posted image
The gatcha/lootbox mechanism lol but free :3
Consider it a mechanism to keep you playing till you get the blade you want lol
stringfellow
post Dec 10 2017, 05:02 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Finished. Clocked in around 147 hours. got Poppi's Third Form, without tickering with any of her internals. Only managed 18 unique Rare Blades, tired of the fucked up RNG rolls on the Core Crystals I got. Beaten the game with Rex/Tora/Nia in their purest ATK/TNK/HLR forms. Tied Mythra (not Pyra, coz I like my bitch bitchier instead of "pretend-cute" tongue.gif ), Wulfric and Nim (although on the final battle, only Mythra is worthwhile with enough damage inflicted on the "final boss") to Rex, and Dromarch/Dahlia (big boobs Dolly Parton bunneh), and Floren to Nia in non-blade form (would return back post-game to test out the Level IV Nia+Pyra/Mithra Blade Specials later).

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

No turning back now. Fail this and back to the title screen.
I failed three times before succeeding in fact. Serious Neon Genesis Evangelion vibes. Lots of WTFs but less brutal WTFs than what Evangelion does. The kind where you meet your Maker/God/Creator/Architect and question Him/It the biggest mindfucked question of all: "Why am I here, and where did I come from?" and He/It spews strings of jargon that half-make-sense and half-make-believe tongue.gif .

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Post-game title screen. Elysium/Heaven isn't "that far off" after all. wink.gif

Had to spoiler everything, too many whiners complaining these days. Returning back to Alrest tonight to finish all Merc missions, side quests, unlocking affinity charts for Blades, and fighting those crazy high >Level100 enemies. I'm sure I missed a couple of unique enemies on some of the maps/Titans as well. And also leveling up to 5 star all the "lands".
Eddx
post Dec 12 2017, 04:39 PM

G Stadia
2,012 posts

Didn't quite enjoy the battles, until i started doing some reading to understand the battle mechanism and now I enjoyed pulling the combos tongue.gif

Overall it's quite fun

This post has been edited by Eddx: Dec 12 2017, 04:39 PM
stringfellow
post Dec 12 2017, 07:44 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Understanding the battle mechanics is important to take down high level bosses. Bosses like Thanatotitan Andraz and Tyrannotitan Kurodil in Temperantia (head here to level up super fast, all enemies here are tough as hell!) or the Gladiator Orion and Artifice Orion at the cliffs of Morytha. Or any of the unique monsters in every levels in the game (they have unique names, and re-fight-able after they're dead when you can resurrect them at their grave markers).

A lot of people only concentrate on Blade Combos Level III or IV, or Chain Attack Driver Combos. I see the most damaging combos come from arranging your party lineup with characters that can do Break-Topple-Launch-Smash sequences in a row, WHILE the enemies are weaken with elemental effects (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Ice, Thunder, Light, Dark). Lining up these elemental effects in sequence (top right list while in battle) also seals the enemies from doing things like toppling, blowdown, or launching you, as well as linking them up to produce element orbs that can burst to increase damage multipliers.

Damages like this:

I've only managed 4 elemental orb bursts in a row so far with damage totalling upwards of 2.5 million, need to tweak party lineup to include everyone that can chain-burst those orbs. Which in turn need to level them up in their Affinity Charts to do significant enough damage to inflict that kind of damage.

The battle sequence is like a puzzle game, with branching results. Just need to find the most efficient branch with the most damaging result. At level 79 at the moment, and I even avoid low level enemies because they can just be killed with a simple Anchor Shot and a Special, no fun in that. tongue.gif Combo-linkers is where the excitement is.
Rei7
post Dec 16 2017, 05:39 PM

Multi-platformer
1,299 posts

3 rare core, 3 rare blade in a row lol. Soon it will be hard to get the rest rip..
kietto
post Dec 18 2017, 08:48 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

sifu
wanna ask for opinion
eu or us ver better ? (I myself prefer the jp that come with ch language, but 300 is expensive to me sad.gif so thinking to get 1 eng ver)

for long term purpose, is us e-shop cheaper than eu ?
mhter.ji
post Dec 20 2017, 11:39 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(kietto @ Dec 18 2017, 08:48 PM)
sifu
wanna ask for opinion
eu or us ver better ?  (I myself prefer the jp that come with ch language, but 300 is expensive to me sad.gif so thinking to get 1 eng ver)

for long term purpose, is us e-shop cheaper than eu ?
http://eshop-checker.xyz/
Rei7
post Dec 31 2017, 09:04 AM

Multi-platformer
1,299 posts

Just finished the game and spent like 6 hours reading stuff on the internet about the ending and connection to the first game.

Really love the game.. only left a few side quests. And 4 rare blades left to get. I guess the end game will just be completing the side quest, get all the blades and trust to max, max dev for each town, kill all the mini bosses.

Hoping the story expansion next year will extend the ending. That would be awesome. A long shot? Maybe, but if it's not related... Meh

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0814sec    2.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 11:42 AM