Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NS), More Monado?

views

stringfellow
post Nov 30 2017, 07:08 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kos-mos-re...noblade-2.8830/

Kos-Mos returns to Xenoblade 2.

user posted image

Already about 20 hours in XC2. Enjoying it very much so far. Image quality can be questionable at some times: on certain parts of Alrest it's beautiful, on the other parts, it's pretty bland. Frame drops and resolution dips most prominent during battle: I can induce framedrops by tagging an enemy and then run away, and resolution dip happens most assuredly during the Driver Combo sequence.
stringfellow
post Dec 1 2017, 04:39 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Got the EU copy of XC2, downloaded the JPN voice-over free download pack from the US eShop, works the same.

No idea if the same applies to its DLC. What I usually do is wait until I completed the game enough to decide if the experience is worth it to get a DLC. I was impressed enough with BOTW, to get its DLC (although I end up didn't playing it that much after that tongue.gif ). Will decide later once I finished XC2. Already 35 hours in and in chapter 4 of the game and it's been a blast, some sections are even better than BOTW, frankly speaking.

The combo system is pretty expansive. Blade combos, Driver combos, Affinity MAX combos, Joint finishers, Arts canceling, ........ and then there's the importance of positioning in the game while executing these Arts.

Even while I'm at chapter 4 already, the game still puts out tutorials when introducing new game mechanics. Without spoiling anything, one of the main characters in my party has yet to unlock the potential of its Blade, and from the setup screen alone it's intimidatingly complex.

I usually play my characters overpowered, (mostly by grinding their levels), but this time, I left it as it is by going through the main quest with a few side-trips for the side quests without leveling up. Reason being, I'd like to train myself with the timings of the combos, positioning, and Blade switching (already filled my Blade slots with the three Blades from the Core Crystals I wanted). The hit timings somehow reminded me of the time I played Vagrant Story on PS1, and those were fantastic good times.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Dec 1 2017, 04:48 PM
stringfellow
post Dec 1 2017, 04:50 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(tenakira @ Dec 1 2017, 04:44 PM)
Good to hear that it’s great... just no spoiler pls... there’s still 2 weeks before I can play...
Already streaming the game every night for 2 nights now, each playtime around 9-10 hours each. Even so, I've had up to 800+ views of people watching, even when they know it's spoiler-y, they cant help it but kept watching. tongue.gif
stringfellow
post Dec 10 2017, 05:02 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Finished. Clocked in around 147 hours. got Poppi's Third Form, without tickering with any of her internals. Only managed 18 unique Rare Blades, tired of the fucked up RNG rolls on the Core Crystals I got. Beaten the game with Rex/Tora/Nia in their purest ATK/TNK/HLR forms. Tied Mythra (not Pyra, coz I like my bitch bitchier instead of "pretend-cute" tongue.gif ), Wulfric and Nim (although on the final battle, only Mythra is worthwhile with enough damage inflicted on the "final boss") to Rex, and Dromarch/Dahlia (big boobs Dolly Parton bunneh), and Floren to Nia in non-blade form (would return back post-game to test out the Level IV Nia+Pyra/Mithra Blade Specials later).

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

No turning back now. Fail this and back to the title screen.
I failed three times before succeeding in fact. Serious Neon Genesis Evangelion vibes. Lots of WTFs but less brutal WTFs than what Evangelion does. The kind where you meet your Maker/God/Creator/Architect and question Him/It the biggest mindfucked question of all: "Why am I here, and where did I come from?" and He/It spews strings of jargon that half-make-sense and half-make-believe tongue.gif .

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Post-game title screen. Elysium/Heaven isn't "that far off" after all. wink.gif

Had to spoiler everything, too many whiners complaining these days. Returning back to Alrest tonight to finish all Merc missions, side quests, unlocking affinity charts for Blades, and fighting those crazy high >Level100 enemies. I'm sure I missed a couple of unique enemies on some of the maps/Titans as well. And also leveling up to 5 star all the "lands".
stringfellow
post Dec 12 2017, 07:44 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Understanding the battle mechanics is important to take down high level bosses. Bosses like Thanatotitan Andraz and Tyrannotitan Kurodil in Temperantia (head here to level up super fast, all enemies here are tough as hell!) or the Gladiator Orion and Artifice Orion at the cliffs of Morytha. Or any of the unique monsters in every levels in the game (they have unique names, and re-fight-able after they're dead when you can resurrect them at their grave markers).

A lot of people only concentrate on Blade Combos Level III or IV, or Chain Attack Driver Combos. I see the most damaging combos come from arranging your party lineup with characters that can do Break-Topple-Launch-Smash sequences in a row, WHILE the enemies are weaken with elemental effects (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Ice, Thunder, Light, Dark). Lining up these elemental effects in sequence (top right list while in battle) also seals the enemies from doing things like toppling, blowdown, or launching you, as well as linking them up to produce element orbs that can burst to increase damage multipliers.

Damages like this:

I've only managed 4 elemental orb bursts in a row so far with damage totalling upwards of 2.5 million, need to tweak party lineup to include everyone that can chain-burst those orbs. Which in turn need to level them up in their Affinity Charts to do significant enough damage to inflict that kind of damage.

The battle sequence is like a puzzle game, with branching results. Just need to find the most efficient branch with the most damaging result. At level 79 at the moment, and I even avoid low level enemies because they can just be killed with a simple Anchor Shot and a Special, no fun in that. tongue.gif Combo-linkers is where the excitement is.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:08 AM