Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Migration to Australia, Feedback from foreign migrants

views

tiffa
post Feb 3 2017, 06:16 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(dangerminimouse @ Feb 2 2017, 10:21 AM)
Actually UK better than Aust.

More better jobs and higher paying also. They more tolerant for Asian workers unlike Australia who don't appreciate Asian skilled workers.

Yes but you substitute flies and bugs for super dry weather and colder too.

Food in UK very suck la. Even their china town taste bland. I lost 10kg staying there. Weather so cold n dry until my feet skin also broke and carpet stick to my feet (within first 2 days in UK!). Have to buy moisturizer to wet my feet.

Clothes easily kena spoil by their water. No wonder clothes there so cheap la.

Reach 35 yo sure look haggard one, their water so bad for our skin. Just see all their Hollywood star in their 35 yo onwards la, all look wrinkled and haggard, not even botox can save them.
Check out water softener , splurged about £2700 installed that at my house

The weather did great for my skin no more acne haha!

Food wise it's the same as Oz , there are good restaurants but expensive to eat out but it's only a bit inconvenient when my in laws r away and we need to juggling with work and cooking ended up lots of pizza, and takeaways
Virlution
post Feb 3 2017, 08:25 AM

Casual
343 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Feb 2 2017, 02:50 PM)
Avoid Sydney and Melbourne loh, for obvious reasons....You get very similar pays, irrespective of where you work...So obviously it's going to be much more comfortable in lower cost cities...
The salary can be difference can be between 5-15k and also jobs might be a lot less at certain area depending on the industry. But if work at fastfood joint or wash dishes, then its the same. Sometimes also depend on luck, if not much applicant for that role then you might get a better offer.

Example
Developer for .Net
NSW ACT VIC QLD WA SA
100 85 80 90 90 85

Developer for Java
90 95 85 90 85 85

- based on the salary Median from Salary Survey 2016

Also depends if you can stay in a layback town where everything closes at 5.pm vs a more busy Asian like city.

QUOTE(deejay_krish @ Feb 2 2017, 10:35 PM)
no wonder Aussies act all rich in Bali  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif cause they are poor in their own country
Usually the poorer Aussies and kids fly to Bali using budget flights and other shit holes.... for the middle, upper class, they usually go Europe, US or go on a cruises and lot of Asians will go HK, Japan, etc as well
SUSdangerminimouse
post Feb 3 2017, 08:50 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(tiffa @ Feb 3 2017, 06:16 AM)
Check out water softener , splurged about £2700 installed that at my house

The weather did great for my skin no more acne haha!

Food wise it's the same as Oz , there are good restaurants but  expensive to eat out but it's only a bit inconvenient when my in laws r away and we need to juggling with work and cooking ended up lots of pizza, and takeaways
What's that? Is it some kind of machine that churns out softener to neutralize the super hard UK water?

Food is extremely cheap in UK if you earn pounds.

debbierowe
post Feb 3 2017, 10:17 AM

so fast 6 stars di...
1,107 posts

QUOTE(dangerminimouse @ Feb 2 2017, 10:21 AM)
Actually UK better than Aust.

More better jobs and higher paying also. They more tolerant for Asian workers unlike Australia who don't appreciate Asian skilled workers.

Yes but you substitute flies and bugs for super dry weather and colder too.

Food in UK very suck la. Even their china town taste bland. I lost 10kg staying there. Weather so cold n dry until my feet skin also broke and carpet stick to my feet (within first 2 days in UK!). Have to buy moisturizer to wet my feet.

Clothes easily kena spoil by their water. No wonder clothes there so cheap la.

Reach 35 yo sure look haggard one, their water so bad for our skin. Just see all their Hollywood star in their 35 yo onwards la, all look wrinkled and haggard, not even botox can save them.
Since when Hollywood is in UK?
debbierowe
post Feb 3 2017, 10:26 AM

so fast 6 stars di...
1,107 posts

QUOTE(dangerminimouse @ Feb 3 2017, 08:50 AM)
What's that? Is it some kind of machine that churns out softener to neutralize the super hard UK water?

Food is extremely cheap in UK if you earn pounds.
Dey, Google water softener and there r areas in U.K. That has soft water too

And, food is not cheap in UK ffs regardless you earn in dinar pound dollar or ringgit and the quality of food is so lousy you buy chicken you get half water, as they injected water into poultry and meat to make it heavier as it's sold by weight , also you won't know if u r eating retired horses' meat or beef

Food is cheap and high quality everywhere in the Europe except U.K. As in why the brits are being punish this way I also don't know every time stepped out of uK to any eu country even the poorest ones the veg and meat became real, for once
SUSdangerminimouse
post Feb 3 2017, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(debbierowe @ Feb 3 2017, 10:26 AM)
Dey,  Google water softener  and there r areas in U.K. That has soft water too

And, food is not cheap in UK ffs regardless you earn in dinar pound dollar or ringgit and the quality of food is so lousy you buy chicken you get half water, as they injected water into poultry and meat to make it heavier as it's sold by weight , also you won't know if u r eating retired horses' meat or beef

Food is cheap and high quality everywhere in the Europe except U.K. As in why the brits are being punish this way I also don't know every time stepped out of uK to any eu country even the poorest ones the veg and meat became real, for once
is it? Maybe its because I am not really well verse in shopping for groceries. I go to either waitrose or Tesco for my groceries.

well I can get a nice French restaurant lunch for 18 pounds. Not bad considering.
SUSdangerminimouse
post Feb 3 2017, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(debbierowe @ Feb 3 2017, 10:17 AM)
I am talking about Hollywood stars who live in UK, example Kate Winslet.

This post has been edited by dangerminimouse: Feb 3 2017, 10:29 AM
tiffa
post Feb 3 2017, 10:32 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(debbierowe @ Feb 3 2017, 10:17 AM)
Was scratching my head at first too lol

QUOTE(debbierowe @ Feb 3 2017, 10:26 AM)
Dey,  Google water softener  and there r areas in U.K. That has soft water too

Ya lol I wonder where that comes from, food is cheap in UK then what is food in everywhere in the world lol

Especially if u eat out in UK , every meal, you can go bankrupt it's serious. That's why during student years sick until 7 colours still have to cook even if it's just boiling chicken and veg with water oh those days
debbierowe
post Feb 3 2017, 10:41 AM

so fast 6 stars di...
1,107 posts

QUOTE(dangerminimouse @ Feb 3 2017, 10:28 AM)
is it? Maybe its because I am not really well verse in shopping for groceries. I go to either waitrose or Tesco for my groceries.

well I can get a nice French restaurant lunch for 18 pounds. Not bad considering.
Which French restaurant? And when? 30years ago a cup of tea also 10p wat
Now Two bowl of white rice in Chinatown is £10,

QUOTE(tiffa @ Feb 3 2017, 10:32 AM)
Was scratching my head at first too lol
Ya lol I wonder where that comes from, food is cheap in UK then what is food in everywhere in the world lol

Especially if u eat out in UK , every meal, you can go bankrupt it's serious. That's why during student years sick until 7 colours still have to cook even if it's just boiling chicken and veg with water oh those days

i literally die a few brain cells whenever ppl say xxx is cheap if you earn in xxx
so you think the countries are made out of tourists is it? Of course you stay in fckkng Britain you earn fcking pounds and spend fcking pound, who the fck stay in UK work in U.K. But get paid in rupiah?

This post has been edited by debbierowe: Feb 3 2017, 10:41 AM
SUSdangerminimouse
post Feb 3 2017, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(debbierowe @ Feb 3 2017, 10:41 AM)
Which French restaurant? And when? 30years ago a cup of tea also 10p wat
Now  Two bowl of white rice in Chinatown is £10,

i literally die a few brain cells whenever ppl say xxx is cheap if you earn in xxx
so you think the countries are made out of tourists is it? Of course you stay in fckkng Britain you earn fcking pounds and spend fcking pound, who the fck stay in UK work in U.K. But get paid in rupiah?
I forgot the name la, it was 6 years ago but situated in Canary Wharf or was it at Canadian Water, I can't remember.

Come on la, of course its cheaper ! I was getting 30 pounds meal allowance a day. But pay only 18 pounds for a posh French restaurant not bad mah.

If in Malaysia ah, gosh I have to cough out RM60 for me alone.

This post has been edited by dangerminimouse: Feb 3 2017, 10:48 AM
debbierowe
post Feb 3 2017, 10:47 AM

so fast 6 stars di...
1,107 posts

No difference , especially Waitrose, just same food with better packaging

I didn't know shopping for groceries need to be well versed to realise the purchase power parity

I am talking about Hollywood stars who live in UK, example Kate Winslet.

in general oriental looks as if they age slower, Chinese people that stays in UK for generations also look younger than the caucasians in general

debbierowe
post Feb 3 2017, 10:48 AM

so fast 6 stars di...
1,107 posts

QUOTE(dangerminimouse @ Feb 3 2017, 10:46 AM)
I forgot the name la, it was 6 years ago but situated in Canary Wharf or was it at Canadian Water, I can't remember.
LOL 6 years that's more than half a decade ago, my flat also double the price now what do you think about the food?
SUSdangerminimouse
post Feb 3 2017, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(debbierowe @ Feb 3 2017, 10:48 AM)
LOL 6 years that's more than half a decade ago, my flat also double the price now what do you think about the food?
dunno la, anyway got sidetracked. Better talk about Australia instead.
Virlution
post Feb 3 2017, 02:00 PM

Casual
343 posts

Everyone got their own preference. Relative and friends who had migrated to UK loves it there. I reckon that the weather there sucks big time.

Friend who had work both in UK and Australia for years say Sydney is safer and much more better then London. For short stay 2-3 years, London is good. He dislike that the fact people are smoking every where in London. Cost of things are about the same, but hifi and high end branded stuffs is a lot cheaper in UK, but then everything is Australia is more expensive compare to the rest of the world (US/UK/etc).

Sydney/Melbourne's sky high property is the one thing causing residents spending power to be low, but if you have a few properties bought before the boom 10 years ago, you would probably be smiling from ear to ear

This post has been edited by Virlution: Feb 3 2017, 02:00 PM
SUSdangerminimouse
post Feb 3 2017, 02:09 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(Virlution @ Feb 3 2017, 02:00 PM)
Everyone got their own preference. Relative and friends who had migrated to UK loves it there. I reckon that the weather there sucks big time.

Friend who had work both in UK and Australia for years say Sydney is safer and much more better then London. For short stay 2-3 years, London is good. He dislike that the fact people are smoking every where in London. Cost of things are about the same, but hifi and high end branded stuffs is a lot cheaper in UK, but then everything is Australia is more expensive compare to the rest of the world (US/UK/etc).

Sydney/Melbourne's sky high property is the one thing causing residents spending power to be low, but if you have a few properties bought before the boom 10 years ago, you would probably be smiling from ear to ear
I suppose it was due to PRC politically connected migrants money laundering their ill gotten gains by investing more properties in Australia?
Virlution
post Feb 3 2017, 09:17 PM

Casual
343 posts

It due to the supply cannot meet demand. PRC does help push it slightly upwards as well, but nowadays foreigners can only purchase brand new properties and banks have tighten their lending as well.
kenji1903
post Feb 4 2017, 03:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,784 posts

Europe food taste a lot better than Aussie... and cheaper too

by the way... isit just me that think Aussie fish from the market is pretty much tasteless as in no fishy smell and no sweetness in it?
ssurrey
post Feb 4 2017, 09:03 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(kenji1903 @ Feb 4 2017, 05:42 PM)
Europe food taste a lot better than Aussie... and cheaper too

by the way... isit just me that think Aussie fish from the market is pretty much tasteless as in no fishy smell and no sweetness in it?
So are you living in Ringwood now? Contracting with Telstra?

kenji1903
post Feb 5 2017, 03:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,784 posts

QUOTE(ssurrey @ Feb 4 2017, 09:03 PM)
So are you living in Ringwood now? Contracting with Telstra?
hmm.gif
SUSdangerminimouse
post Feb 6 2017, 09:28 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(kenji1903 @ Feb 5 2017, 03:34 AM)
hmm.gif
You already in Australia? haha

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled