11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ONEXOX Thread : Latest Season Pass available now, all about OneXOX

views

UN1T3D
post Aug 2 2016, 11:36 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

This is good news for onexox user. Now can save more money with season pass.

The only feature still lacking is extended validity .....

UN1T3D
post Sep 17 2016, 09:05 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

OneXOX rates are multilevel. Depends on DA/MA balances ...

I can imagine the scenario ... Someone just mnp to onexox, it comes with RM5 credit in MA and starts making a call to an off-net number for 3 minutes and 31 seconds. The MA rate for off-net calls is 12sen/30seconds block. This translates to 8 (30 secs) blocks x 12sen totalling 96 sen.

In comparison, the same 3 mins 31 secs call to off-net with DA balance would cost (8 blocks x 9 sen) 72 sen. While an on-net call (with DA balance) for 3 mins 31 secs would be ((4 x 7) + (4 x 8)) = 60 sen.

Looking at FnF (limited to 10 numbers) rate, a 3 mins 31 secs call would cost (8 blocks x 6 sen) 48 sen.

To be fair, oneXOX MA rate is equivalent to existing prepaid plans from Big 3 telcos of 12sen/30sec block. The Big 3 telcos appears to have standardized the rates at 24sen/minute calls and 12sen per sms.

The cheapest prepaid rate to all networks is still Umobile power prepaid at 6sen/30secs block (but coverage may be an issue to some). Second cheapest would be SpeakOUT at 8sen/30secs block. Third would be Umobile older "new" prepaid plan at 10sen/30secs block. All plans mentioned is still available now.

Has anyone noticed that Umobile has quietly revised their rates from 5sen/30secs to 6sen/30secs now? ..... Let's see how long can they maintain that position before revising upwards again .....

I am more positively inclined to onexox ever since they start offering extended validity and season pass. It is a good move and I believe that the next progression would be to just consolidate the DA/MA rates into one very competitive calling/sms rates. Forget about 5sen for 1st 10 secs ..... I already tried making under 10 secs calls which fails miserably most of the time.

whistling.gif
UN1T3D
post Sep 18 2016, 11:43 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

Season Pass allows substantial savings !

For example: A standard 30days 500MB plan cost RM18 per subscription. Normally, the amount RM18 is deducted from DA/MA credit balance when a subscription is made.

Let's say one purchase an 8GB data pass at RM109.90. So, 1GB now only costs RM13.7375 and so 500MB costs RM6.7077 ...

When one subscribes to the standard 30days 500MB plan, the 500MB amount is deducted from Season Pass, while DA/MA credit balance remains untouched. So a savings of at least RM11.29 (for 500MB 30days plan) when using Season Pass instead of normal credit deduction.

Anyone disagrees that isn't already a substantial savings ?

A rough probable cost breakdown for 1 year usage at 500MB/month :

RM25 for 1 year validity (can omit this if still have longer validity)
RM81 for 500MB x 12 months (6.7077 x 12 = 80.4924 ~ RM81)
----------
RM106
----------

IMHO, its competitive enough when compared to Digi Best Prepaid 2016 at RM68 for 1 year SLL with 500MB basic internet. The difference of RM38 (roughly RM3.166/month) for HS 3G/4G access is well worth it.

To help clarify, Season Pass remains valid as long as the account is valid. That means if your account validity is until 12/12/2030 then your Season Pass (if remain unused) lasts until 12/12/2030 plus 30 days grace period.

UN1T3D
post Sep 19 2016, 10:48 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(RDoe @ Sep 19 2016, 10:12 PM)
I was reading the Season Pass FAQ when I noticed this:

Once I have purchased Data when will the consumption period begin?
The consumption period will begin upon your next data usage/consumption eg when you purchase Data Package SP D1 (5GB) it will be stored in your XOX account, it will only be deducted once you have commenced with NEW data activation (daily, weekly, or monthly data plan).

*XOX Prepaid subscribers (#prepaidplus, High Speed Pack, Penang #1758, United Pack, XOX XinXun plan) have to follow current data subscription command i.e. DATA M500MB. ONEXOX subscribers have to follow their own data subscription command as well i.e. 1XD500

NOTE: Current Data Promo package is NOT allowed to consume from Season Pass. Once you activate Data Promo, it will deduct from your airtime as per normal behaviour.

According to the Mobile Internet Plan table, the following are part of the "Current Data Promo Packages"?

Data
PROMO 1.5GB 30days RM28*
Data
PROMO 3GB*        30days RM48*
Data
PROMO 4GB*        30days RM58*
This page in particular refers to previous XOX prepaid plans. Some of the info is applicable to onexox but not all .....

QUOTE(RDoe @ Sep 19 2016, 10:12 PM)
And there's this under the table:

Fair usage policy applies
* This is a data promotion that starts from 24th June 2014. Plan will auto-renewed as long as there are sufficient credits in the mobile account. However, the plan will not be available for subscription after the promotion period. Data Promo 2.3GB is not applicable for subscription under Season Pass

Again, this is also correct for previous XOX prepaid plans but not applicable to oneXOX. None of onexox data plans are auto renewed.

For oneXOX, please refer to onexox.my ...

UN1T3D
post Sep 19 2016, 11:00 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

BTW, before anyone asks .... I'm not 1XOX dealer ... Not even a subscriber (yet) ... but am surrounded by those who is either a dealer or a subscriber ... Admittedly, I am warming up to onexox due to season pass + extended validity ...

FYI, apart from happy hour season pass and also the advertised bulk season pass SP1/SP2/SP3, onexox dealers can also provide smaller volume season pass at 1GB/2GB/3GB ... Some dealers can also provide 4GB/5GB season pass at competitive rates ...

UN1T3D
post Dec 23 2016, 04:52 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(wcypierre @ Dec 23 2016, 09:26 AM)
What I mean is does onexox supports direct carrier billing like Celcom (https://www.lowyat.net/2016/99556/celcompay-now-available-on-google-play-store/) or DiGi (http://new.digi.com.my/services/google-play)
OneXOX does not have google play direct carrier billing.
UN1T3D
post Dec 23 2016, 05:35 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(adiwarna @ Dec 22 2016, 07:34 PM)
We're on different league

Xox is just mvno, all price are subjected to mno approval

Umobile how much customers now?

Btw i got a lot mnp customers from umobile too

Xox also will give something when the target is achieved
1. OneXOX is a MVNO riding on another MVNO. It is quite cumbersome that OneXOX have to get approval from XOX just to get additional features.

2. Officially, as of June 2015 Umobile have 4 million subscriber base. Unofficially, they're roughly now at 5 million plus (unofficial figure from unverified sources.)

3. Officially as of August 2016 XOX have 1.5 million subscriber base which of roughly 1.2 million is oneXOX plan. Of that 1.2 million OneXOX subs, 800K is active. (Ask uncle google and you can verify these figures.)

4. OneXOX caters for different market segment which some people tend to forget. Their primary market is mostly malay semi-rural and rural areas. These are the areas that XOX themselves are unable to penetrate on its own.

5. Feature wise, most of OneXOX offerings right now goes down well to its primary market.

6. The only area where OneXOX will have to sit down and think hard is the data consumption segment. Do they want to optimize their bandwidth utilization or not (since very competitive rates is now being offered by the big 4 telcos) ?.

UN1T3D
post Jan 2 2017, 09:41 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Jan 2 2017, 03:55 PM)
xox sucks
not able to sms to activate a lot of thing
laugh.gif

One man's meat is another man's poison.

Majority are happy as no premium scam numbers sucking credits ....
UN1T3D
post Jan 2 2017, 10:45 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Jan 2 2017, 09:53 PM)
u will know if u want to activate ur credit card
laugh.gif
I'm credit card free for many years already. Don't need that "financial instrument" ne more.

Anyway, adiwarna is correct. Just call the bank CS to settle it.
UN1T3D
post Jan 10 2017, 07:58 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(Sean77 @ Jan 10 2017, 06:41 PM)
Been using for 1 year+, If i use my credit to buy data,  the data would be valid for 28 mths? Even my validity left 12 mths?
Somehow people have been misled into believing that Season Pass Data have 28 months validity. Not true.

Actually, Season Pass Data does not expire. Season pass balance will only be forfeited IF and WHEN the account is terminated.

If you still have 12 months validity left, any Season Pass (SP) Data that you purchase now can be activated in smaller blocks for the next 12 months. Any SP balance is frozen if your account gets into grace period. Just reload your account to continue using/activating any SP balance.

UN1T3D
post Jan 10 2017, 08:01 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Jan 10 2017, 04:52 PM)
XOX can credit transfer balance to another person who use same XOX network?
Min Hyo is correct. Only OneXOX prepaid plan can do credit transfers.

UN1T3D
post Jan 13 2017, 05:29 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Jan 13 2017, 04:45 PM)
At first, I find it weird too. After understanding the matrix, it became simple as pie.
1. Any call duration below 10 seconds is only charged 5 sen. I call this as "init" block

2. If the call continues over 10 seconds, it becomes a "standard" 30 seconds per block rate. So, a 55 (fifty five) seconds call is a two (2) block charges of 9 sen each ( 2 block multiply 9 sen ) equals 18 sen total.

The DA/MA was weird too at first on paper. After seeing how people's usage pattern (on onexox), I can easily identify DA is prioritized usage for calls/sms only. MA is mostly used for buying season pass.

I have also talked to onexox users (business people) who used voice minutes season pass and they described saving a bundle as their usage pattern is mostly off-net at 10sen per minute block. Some guys told me their wives calling costs have been halved with season pass minutes. laugh.gif

For calls/sms tariff and small data usage, onexox is one of the best (if not the best). Me ? I need some big data blocks so onexox doesn't fit my requirement right now. Maybe when they are able to offer better data rates.

UN1T3D
post Jan 13 2017, 05:37 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Jan 13 2017, 05:25 PM)
This is one of the disadvantages... sound like forcing people to top up only RM50..
But what I know.. you can manually transfer from MA to DA account, am I right? unsure.gif
Correction. You can transfer from DA to MA.

DA = dedicated account = for lower calls/sms rates
MA = main account = other subscriptions or standard calls/sms rates

If you make very little calls/sms, a rm5 topup will last a long time irregardless of DA/MA

If you make lotsa calls/sms, a rm50 topup will last much much longer since you can have better rates

I was also complaining about the DA/MA tariff 2 years ago. After seeing how it works with real people in real life, it became a non-issue to me.

UN1T3D
post Jan 13 2017, 05:54 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(Min Hyo @ Jan 13 2017, 05:43 PM)
DA and MA is totally craps, with season pass, DA is less relevant to me. the last pass i bought is rm 9.90 for 100 minutes. for 1 minute or more call, DA cost more than season pass.
Yeah, season pass is where one actually save a bundle. Yet people are being nasty about DA/MA ???

Come on, onexox marketing strategy/gimmick is like that.

If you ask me, it is way way way better then telco D of UNLIMITED with FUP and their so-called free talktime rebate sms bombarding me every week.

UN1T3D
post Jan 14 2017, 09:14 AM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Jan 13 2017, 09:37 PM)
How much is XOX ARPU?
I was wondering the same thing. Why XOX dont want to announce their ARPU ?

What I know is that if onexox ever reach 3 million subs, they better start thinking about expansion plans for their own towers or else they'll get screwed by their parent MNO.

Nah, onexox shouldn't dream getting 2 million subs this year if xox marketing still sitting like dumb statues doing nothing.

Maybe if bobie become proactive and seriously doing expansion in the technical and marketing then 2 million subs is achievable by mid of next year.

UN1T3D
post Jan 14 2017, 03:45 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(kroul2 @ Jan 14 2017, 10:28 AM)
Using dealers as marketing campaign. Dealer also got incentive, so its hard to maintain their profit
They're opting for mlm style instead of traditional dealer channel. So, instead of paying big money to just a few dealer, with mlm style many more people can mari makan. I heard that onexox is very profitable now and is helping parent company xox out of the red. I want to see xox audited FY2016 report to see if this is true.

UN1T3D
post Jan 14 2017, 10:23 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Jan 14 2017, 09:56 PM)
The one you say Salamphone is Malay telco company, right?
That company already closed down last few years ago..

By the way, the Salamphone eventually not attractive at all. Plus maxis end the contract with Salamphone, that why close down...
whistling.gif
Incorrect. Salamfone was a Kuwait's Reach Telecom subsidiary.

It was closed down bcoz the kuwaiti's owner refused to pay maxis their fees = breach of contract agreement. The kuwaitis were reportedly ignored their responsibilities and dump it on a 3rd party (ONE TELCO team) to handle the situation,

Who is ONE TELCO team ? They were an affiliate partner to salamfone (actually, a bunch of dealers) selling to the masses (mostly malay customers),

ONE TELCO head honcho was fed up with the kuwaitis and brought over 23,000 salamfone subscribers to XOX. All this was done within 2 months with his own money. (That to me is a precedent .....)

Ask yourself if you'd be crazy enough to fork out your own RM to bring over 23K subs to another telco.

UN1T3D
post Jan 14 2017, 10:36 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(steven168 @ Jan 14 2017, 07:23 PM)
They have the pm to support...

The onexox dealer I know always keep say pm use onexox.
Allegation without proof = false accusation. Hearsay is not hard evidence.

It would be real interesting to know who this dealer claiming about the pm. Does this dealer really exist ?

If this dealer making such claims does really exist then name this person or forever hold your peace.

I'm intrigue if this is just another black ops smear campaign by a competitor ?

UN1T3D
post Jan 17 2017, 03:57 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(adiwarna @ Jan 17 2017, 12:53 PM)
this is mr bobie aka mr ceo replied based on your statement
sweat.gif

Hey, I feel honored to get a reply from the ceo himself. biggrin.gif

Well, its true that I only did very little public records digging. The last ARPU I could find was RM20-RM23 ARPU for prepaid reported in Jan 2014. Postpaid ARPU was RM70 reported in 2011. Sure I could spend money to dig more (why should i?) but why couldn't XOX be publishing their ARPU quarterly or at the very least annually without people with interest having to dig all over the place?

I apologized to mr. bobie if he takes any offence. I admit that I'm a dreamer and I don't have the slightest idea what's going on in XOX or in mr. bobie'e head. However, looking from the outside as an outsider, its real hard to cheer for you guys without having some valid benchmarks.

Mr. bobie, are you still fighting the capitalist ?

cool2.gif
UN1T3D
post Jan 17 2017, 05:01 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Jan 17 2017, 04:06 PM)
can someone explain to me how to get 28 months validity?
I have a few Xpax number no idea whether its XOX or not, or whether can switch or not.
To check if you number is still Xpax, use *124# for balance and plan

To check if your number is now XOX, use *132# for balance

If you switch (mnp) from Xpax to onexox then all you have to do is make 1st call and hangup to activate your number. The 28 months validity will be updated within two (2) weeks.

If your number is already XOX prepaid then call 12273 to upgrade to onexox (or maybe just stick with XOX prepaid). If already a XOX or onexox subscriber you can also subscribe one year validity for RM25.

This post has been edited by UN1T3D: Jan 17 2017, 05:03 PM

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.05    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:31 AM