Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kodi Official Discussion Thread V2, Free and Open Source (GPL) Media Center

views

jabz
post Jan 4 2019, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 3 2019, 09:57 PM)
not entirely familiar with yr box but if using current firmware and kodi 17.6, should be fine.

suggest:

.. try with a bigger portable HD.

.. remove everything kodi and reinstall.

.. note that whenever u change anything in quasar, u must click on all the "OK"s on the page(s)... and EXIT kodi, go back in for changes to be effected.
if u can get it to work but then fail again, u may want to check your box memory.

1/8gb boxes are not good for large apps/addons like kodi/quasar.
ok noted. thanks notworthy.gif
TSvoncrane
post Jan 4 2019, 10:49 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(jabz @ Jan 3 2019, 01:23 PM)
hi sifu,

I've managed to install quasar addon and able to watched few movies after that. today morning when opened kodi, quasar pop up the general setting request me to set back the not fat32 folder where i checked the folder i set earlier have changed to other format. (i set the folder in usb thumbdrive).

restart again and promptly get message internal server error and quasar daemon restarting.

what seem the issue?
Gotta ask, did you at any point eject the thumbdrive before launching Kodi? Typically, once your set ext drive as download location. Prepare to leave the HD plugged into the box permanently. Let the Box, Kodi ,etc all boot up and shutdown together with it. Quasar and Kodi do read and write to such storage withe every launch and exit. Which is also why it's important to exit Kodi properly and not simply power off a device with it running in the background. Can lead to corrupted files and or settings. At least, you got some content playing .. So.. thumbup.gif
jabz
post Jan 7 2019, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jan 4 2019, 10:49 PM)
Gotta ask, did you at any point eject the thumbdrive before launching Kodi? Typically, once your set ext drive as download location. Prepare to leave the HD plugged into the box permanently. Let the Box, Kodi ,etc all boot up and shutdown together with it. Quasar and Kodi do read and write to such storage withe every launch and exit. Which is also why it's important to exit Kodi properly and not simply power off a device with it running in the background. Can lead to corrupted files and or settings. At least, you got some content playing .. So..  thumbup.gif
hi, nope... that thumbdrive is meant to be external storage and i never eject the thumbdrive. Problem solved as the thumbdrive is corrupted, already replaced with new thumbdrive.

TQ
jabz
post Jan 7 2019, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

BTW, i'm looking for new tvbox which have 5G support. Which brands are recommended?
SzeMeng76
post Jan 7 2019, 11:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,318 posts

QUOTE(jabz @ Jan 7 2019, 11:14 AM)
BTW, i'm looking for new tvbox which have 5G support. Which brands are recommended?
What your TV Box needed for?
I'm using Tanix TX92 s912 3gb/32gb (wifi signal quite strong/stable)
No lagging connected to 5GHZ wifi while my router on upstair.
But this is rooted box, if you need to run AstroGo/PlayTV, you need buy original box like Mibox international.
jabz
post Jan 7 2019, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

QUOTE(SzeMeng76 @ Jan 7 2019, 11:33 AM)
What your TV Box needed for?
I'm using Tanix TX92 s912 3gb/32gb (wifi signal quite strong/stable)
No lagging connected to 5GHZ wifi while my router on upstair.
But this is rooted box, if you need to run AstroGo/PlayTV, you need buy original box like Mibox international.
most of the tv box in the market is rooted right...
SzeMeng76
post Jan 7 2019, 12:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,318 posts

QUOTE(jabz @ Jan 7 2019, 11:44 AM)
most of the tv box in the market is rooted right...
ya those cheap TV box will be rooted.
For unrooted, can buy Mibox International / Minix
jabz
post Jan 7 2019, 12:23 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

QUOTE(SzeMeng76 @ Jan 7 2019, 12:16 PM)
ya those cheap TV box will be rooted.
For unrooted, can buy Mibox International / Minix
ok noted, looking at current latest spec using amlogic s912...
tq bro...

sorry OOT... back to kodi discussion...

AVFAN
post Jan 7 2019, 01:33 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(jabz @ Jan 7 2019, 11:14 AM)
u asked about quasar earlier.
and u had an old himedia.

if u plan to use quasar on new box, himedia q10pro will be perfect.
becos it has an internal hdd slot - stick in a 3tb sata, u can keep collecting anything u want there conveniently.
with say 300mbps wifi, u can get up to 20MBps on quasar - u get good stuff within minutes.

also, if quasar is impt for u, note devices running on androidtv os (e.g. shieldtv, mibox 3/s) may NOT allow path set to external storage.
i am quite sure of this as per previous reports in other threads.

jabz
post Jan 7 2019, 02:00 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 7 2019, 01:33 PM)
u asked about quasar earlier.
and u had an old himedia.

if u plan to use quasar on new box, himedia q10pro will be perfect.
becos it has an internal hdd slot - stick in a 3tb sata, u can keep collecting anything u want there conveniently.
with say 300mbps wifi, u can get up to 20MBps on quasar - u get good stuff within minutes.

also, if quasar is impt for u, note devices running on androidtv os (e.g. shieldtv, mibox 3/s) may NOT allow path set to external storage.
i am quite sure of this as per previous reports in other threads.
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif , nice... tqvm yup since i managed to get quasar installed yes quasar is a must apps to have...
numbertwo
post Jan 7 2019, 06:51 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

Hi all,
since this is a Kodi specific thread, would like to know from you guys if you know why Kodi won't play these two media files on my TV Box (Unblock UPRO2) :

xxxxxxxxx.2017.UHD.BluRay.2160p.x265-10bit.TrueHD.7.1.3Audios-xxxx
xxxxxxxxx.2018.UHD.BluRay.2160p.x265-10bit.DTS-HD.MA7.1-xxxx

Is this a TV problem (i'm using a Sony 4K tv at the moment) ?
Or is this the Yamaha sound bar problem , being unable to decode 7.1 sound channels ?
Or is this Kodi's problem in decoding 10bit X265 media file?
Or is this the UPro2 TVBox problem, unable to decode the media file?

Kodi is able to play these files though :
xxxxxx.2018.WEB-DL.4K.HEVC.AAC-xxxx.mp4
xxxxxxxxx.2017.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x265-10bit-HDS mkv
xxxxx.2018.WEB-DL.4K.HEVC.AAC-xxxx.mp4

Thanks in advance all!

This post has been edited by numbertwo: Jan 7 2019, 06:51 PM
AVFAN
post Jan 7 2019, 09:39 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Jan 7 2019, 06:51 PM)
Hi all,
since this is a Kodi specific thread, would like to know from you guys if you know why Kodi won't play these two media files on my TV Box (Unblock UPRO2) :

Or is this the Yamaha sound bar problem , being unable to decode 7.1 sound channels ?

Thanks in advance all!
i assume u mean local usb playback of those files with kodi player in yr box.

it will help explain if u describe:

.. what do u mean by "won't play"... no video, no audio, green screen, gibberish...?
.. have u tried playing them with another app, .e.g. mx, mx pro, vlc?
.. yr box... what android version, what kodi version?
TSvoncrane
post Jan 7 2019, 10:03 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(jabz @ Jan 7 2019, 12:23 PM)
ok noted, looking at current latest spec using amlogic s912...
tq bro...

sorry OOT... back to kodi discussion...
Yup, there are a few dedicated threads on such.. Take a read first!! Before commenting. High chances are, you'll know what to buy from past shares and reviews.

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Jan 7 2019, 06:51 PM)
Hi all,

Thanks in advance all!
For starters, i can tell you it's not a Kodi issue. Most likely, it's a device issue. Nevertheless, you still need to share what exactly you mean by "won't play".
numbertwo
post Jan 7 2019, 10:07 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 7 2019, 09:39 PM)
i assume u mean local usb playback of those files with kodi player in yr box.

it will help explain if u describe:

.. what do u mean by "won't play"... no video, no audio, green screen, gibberish...?
.. have u tried playing them with another app, .e.g. mx, mx pro, vlc?
.. yr box... what android version, what kodi version?
Tks..yes i should have described it better... The media files are from a small server at home. Pls see the illustration below:

Small File Server -> (LAN) -> UPro2 TVBox (Kodi V17. 6) -> (HDMI out) -> Yamaha SR-301 Av Receiver (HDMI ARC in) -> Sony ARC HDMI Port

.. it won't play - meaning Kodi hung (turned to blue screen) and I have to press a Home key on the TVBOX remote control to go back to the main TVBOX menu.
.. I have tried one or two more player (cannot remember the name now, i will find out) , but it's the same result.
.. the UPRO2 is running Android 7, Kodi is V17.6.

Shall I try running the files using the USB port directly on the TV? My TV is not an Android TV, just the 'Smart TV' .. Any clue would be helpful...Tks
numbertwo
post Jan 7 2019, 10:10 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jan 7 2019, 10:03 PM)
Yup, there are a few dedicated threads on such.. Take a read first!! Before commenting. High chances are, you'll know what to buy from past shares and reviews.
For starters, i can tell you it's not a Kodi issue. Most likely, it's a device issue. Nevertheless, you still need to share what exactly you mean by "won't play".
Device, would u think it is more likely the TVBox (unable to decode the 4k files?) or the AV Receiver (unable to play the sound ?) ? Tks. I have described the connection in my previous post.. Tks again.
TSvoncrane
post Jan 7 2019, 10:17 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Jan 7 2019, 10:07 PM)
Tks..yes i should have described it better... The media files are from a small server at home.  Pls see the illustration below:

Small File Server -> (LAN) -> UPro2 TVBox (Kodi V17. 6) -> (HDMI out) -> Yamaha SR-301 Av Receiver (HDMI ARC in) -> Sony ARC HDMI Port

.. it won't play - meaning Kodi hung (turned to blue screen) and I have to press a Home key on the TVBOX remote control to go back to the main TVBOX menu.
.. I have tried one or two more player (cannot remember the name now, i will find out) , but it's the same result.

Shall I try running the files using the USB port directly on the TV?  My TV is not an Android TV, just the 'Smart TV' ..  Any clue would be helpful...Tks
Based on your description, it does appear to be a device compatibility issue. Hardware and or software is incapable of decompressing and playing such files. But yeah, you can try playing directly from a USB drive, just to rule out any networking bottleneck issues. As for playing it directly on the TV via its usb port, I strongly suspect that won't work. There are only a few TVs with inbuilt player and processing powers, powerful enough to handle 10-bit x.265 files. TV manufacturers tend to focus more on picture quality rather than native playback of high compression files.

If it was an AVR issue, at least video will play, but no sound or its downgraded to the next lower level HD Audio format. Your AVR inability to not output sound will not crash Kodi.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jan 7 2019, 10:46 PM
AVFAN
post Jan 7 2019, 10:38 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Jan 7 2019, 10:07 PM)
Tks..yes i should have described it better... The media files are from a small server at home.  Pls see the illustration below:

Shall I try running the files using the USB port directly on the TV?  My TV is not an Android TV, just the 'Smart TV' ..  Any clue would be helpful...Tks
you had said:

what is strange is that means box player/kodi->yamaha is ok with 4k, 10 bit, dts.

the other ones are with HD audio, player/kodi should be able to passthru the core dd or dts to soundbar.

having said that, i also know many boxes firmware are not optimized for kodi playback, trouble with 4k and higher audio.

so, that might just be the issue - firmware incompatibility.

try:

.. connect box direct to TV, w/o soundbar.

.. install mx pro, vlc, try again... with and w/o soundbar.

the answer should be clear after these tests.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Jan 7 2019, 10:40 PM
AVFAN
post Jan 7 2019, 11:15 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jan 7 2019, 10:17 PM)
There are only a few TVs with inbuilt player and processing powers, powerful enough to handle 10-bit x.265 files. TV manufacturers tend to focus more on picture quality rather than native playback of high compression files.
quite right!

4khdr tv's using androidtv os can do that... consider that at yr next tv purchase! biggrin.gif
TSvoncrane
post Jan 7 2019, 11:20 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 7 2019, 11:15 PM)
quite right!

4khdr tv's using androidtv os can do that... consider that at yr next tv purchase! biggrin.gif
I intend to take such into consideration.. Probably sooner than originally planned. Earlier, tried to watch Netflix's Bandersnatch using the TV's app. But the Netflix app says my TV's too old and I need to upgrade to watch such or use mobile devices.. I has a sad.. cry.gif cry.gif
AVFAN
post Jan 7 2019, 11:36 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jan 7 2019, 11:20 PM)
I intend to take such into consideration.. Probably sooner than originally planned. Earlier, tried to watch Netflix's Bandersnatch using the TV's app. But the Netflix app says my TV's too old and I need to upgrade to watch such or use mobile devices.. I has a sad..  cry.gif  cry.gif
that is interesting.

if "plain smart tv" gets dumped by netflix in just 3-4 years (just guessing), that's worse than androidtv.

my older one is 3 yrs old now, android6, can easily last another 3-4 as far as netflix/youtube are concerned, i would think.

302 Pages « < 264 265 266 267 268 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0312sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:53 PM