48 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Home Defect Rectification Checklist, After vacant posession! Update With Pics

views

hackwire
post Jan 3 2007, 05:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

roof top leaking is important. during raining days, i will go up the manhole and take a look. A few leakage was found. The developer is now cutting cost on installing those materials, dont know what its called.. only brown paper or aluminium foils on the roof..
chloelew
post Jan 4 2007, 09:32 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

usually is aluminium foil. one is to prevent leaks and another thing is to reduce heat. we have to live with it. workmanship is not wut it was 10 years back. my parents house bout 26-30 years already.... no such thing as termites nor leaks even untill now.... new houses now is a risk itself.

stormchaser.... go to the developer office and fill up the form.they have to do it.

btw, guys... if u have recently bought a house.... and ur house location is quite famous for notorious house breakins.... or have alot of our indon frens, pls keep in mind dont always think of them entering ur house from the back or the front.... they are now coming in from the top. afew of my frens house in usj kena already.... so beef up security on the roof....just a reminder only..... smile.gif
stormchaser
post Jan 4 2007, 09:45 AM

love your neighbour, help serve society
594 posts

anything we can do on the roof? some of my friends installed the metal pieces on top of their ceiling.. it will prevent, but i think it's very hot during sunny days.. what other things we can do?
chloelew
post Jan 4 2007, 10:59 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

add wooden beams..... usually in all roof, there is a 12" gap between wooden beams. so if u add another in between those 2 beams, the gap will be shorten to 6". ppl cant get in. ive added additional wooden beams already to my house. feel safer la... cause if ur out on a business trip and ur wife or gf only one at home.... those indon frens come from the top, then wut will happen? take things nevermind... if they hurt ur wife/gf cialat man.... local girls does look and taste better. prevention better than cure my frens..... price range is bout Rm1.5k-RM3k depending on how big is the house. but u better make sure ur house got no termites on the roof first b4 u do it. usually the contractor will check for u. if got termites they wont do wan.... ask u settle those ants first....normally la....

metal piece is also good... 100% secure but then sunny day, ur house will be like an oven! no need la.... very very much more expensive than wooden beam. price range is bout RM4k-7k or more....

but bear in mind, if ur house is still under warrantly from the developer and u do this adding beam thingy, ur roof warranty will be gone. meaning if roof leaking, u need to find back ur contractor which does the wood adding for u. developer wont cover... they got spies... alot of them... when i did mine, the developer contractor came n take pictures of my personal contractor doing my roof. its their proof... so cannot argue if have leaks. smart @ss.... hmm.gif hands.gif

This post has been edited by chloelew: Jan 4 2007, 11:06 AM
adrianocy
post Jan 4 2007, 11:11 AM

Enthusiast
907 posts

normally how developer deal with those fungus mark on the wall? they jus repaint it?
hackwire
post Jan 4 2007, 11:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

i have motion sensor on top the roof and all the manhole are alarmed.. not 100 percent but better than none at all...

the aluminium foil paper on the roof were used now but b4 that i they they have an insulation material like cottons right ?
chloelew
post Jan 4 2007, 02:35 PM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

adrianocy, if u call the developer and tell them bobut fungus mark on the wall, they will just come n scrape it off n paint it back up. just thats not the way. u need to do certain treatment to the wall. usually fungus growth is the cause of leaks. check on it. ur wall is wet hence fungus growth. once u checked the leaks n repaired, treat the wall with anti fungus paint sealer then only paint over.

hackwire, motion sensor ar? so hi tech... must have cost u a bomb. i also wan sensor.... sad.gif no fundings.... haih....
hackwire
post Jan 4 2007, 03:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

not really, i nstalled 2 on the roof and its around RM 300 plus plus only...
stormchaser
post Jan 4 2007, 04:07 PM

love your neighbour, help serve society
594 posts

hackwire, what type of sensor u r using? Rm300++ ok wor.. How does it work? When senses something then alarm activated? or ??
hackwire
post Jan 4 2007, 04:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

actually my alarm cost for all protection including grill and door cost not more than RM 1800. i add sensors for the roof as well..

i hack it and my house is fully protected with alarm now.at night i can switch on the roof sensor.

it detect movement and body heat.. my advise is to get the 360 degree sensor for the roof ...

This post has been edited by hackwire: Jan 4 2007, 04:49 PM
??!!
post Jan 4 2007, 11:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,521 posts

QUOTE(stormchaser @ Jan 4 2007, 09:45 AM)
anything we can do on the roof?  some of my friends installed the metal pieces on top of their ceiling.. it will prevent, but i think it's very hot during sunny days..  what other things we can do?
the metal pieces u referred to ..zinc sheets?...placing them on roofs is a fire hazard
and will render your fire insurance void.

another way to secure your roof is to have timber strips across the roof truss, close enuf to prevent someone squeezing thru.
adrianocy
post Jan 8 2007, 04:29 PM

Enthusiast
907 posts

this is my defects so far...look at those fungus !! is it worst?

hackwire..may i know wats da alarm brand? any contact for it?

??!! : do u hav any sample pic on the timber strips?

Attached Image
crack tiles at the master bathroom edge...imagine water flow into it.

Attached Image
fungus at master bedroom. location near to the window. i can see water stain mark from roof..suspect leakage

Attached Image
fungus mark enlarge

Attached Image
poor tiling work...internal empty

This post has been edited by adrianocy: Jan 8 2007, 05:09 PM
TSaaronpang
post Jan 8 2007, 04:59 PM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

QUOTE(adrianocy @ Jan 8 2007, 04:29 PM)
this is my defects so far...look at those fungus !! is it worst?

hackwire..may i know wats da alarm brand? any contact for it?

??!! : do u hav any sample pic on the timber strips?
Hmmm better inform your developer about that cracked tile... could you tell us where is the fungus located inside the house or outside...? Near any windows?

If it's growing on outside then its expected coz the paint that the developers tend to use is the cheapo variety so fungus can grow on it after raining.

If it's on the inside typically the fungus will appear on walls and ceilings where there are piping/roof leaks... sometimes funguses will grow near window panes because there could be cracks or the window seal/frame is damaged and let moisture inside.

Any case get the developer to check the inside of your home for leaks and patch it because painting it over won't make fungal growth go away... the fungus will just reappear later user posted image

If it's on the outside of your house go buy some good quality paint with anti-fungal formula and repaint... ps remove the old paint and fungus first before repainting get the developer to do that.

This post has been edited by aaronpang: Jan 8 2007, 05:03 PM
adrianocy
post Jan 8 2007, 09:34 PM

Enthusiast
907 posts

i've edited my post pic wit description
chloelew
post Jan 10 2007, 11:22 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

timber strips price ranges between RM1.5k -3k. affordable la... if full zink metal... damn hot ur 2nd floor during noon time... and if fire break out, cannot claim insurance. kinda scary. if u have additional $$$, get an alarm but if its sensor alarm wut if rats and cats caught by the sensor? will it trigger the alarm? if it does... then prob also. oh well.. nothing is perfect... do wut is neccesary in ur view will be fine.

i just did the grill to my house. not those normal grill... its reinforced. thicker metal pieces and its not joined by welding. some places are.. but mostly the bars are all slide into each other. those normal ones... use car jack can pry open...this is safer but cost more... but wut the heck safety comes first... this friday will be doing the plaster ceiling.... my termites prob is still doing... haih.... big problem that one. then do he kitchen cabinet and wardrobe, lights and fan and thats it. maybe we can gang up to do some furniture shopping. can get mass discounts! LOL... just a thought..... biggrin.gif hahahaha

btw, my fren say ikea's wooden furniture no good. they are using chip wood so things get crack and broken very fast with our malaysian style. can anyone confirm this? thinking of getting my kitchen cabinet done by them... after my fren said this... kinda scared... does anyone of u have experience with ikea's furniture?
adrianocy
post Jan 15 2007, 12:30 AM

Enthusiast
907 posts

chloelew...hows da plaster ceiling cost? how big is da area?
chloelew
post Jan 15 2007, 09:17 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

adrianocy, it cost me bout RM4k (ceiling+wiring+paint+install lights & fan).total size is bout 20'X18' (2 portions).
TSaaronpang
post Jan 15 2007, 10:54 AM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

QUOTE(chloelew @ Jan 10 2007, 11:22 AM)
i just did the grill to my house. not those normal grill... its reinforced. thicker metal pieces and its not joined by welding. some places are.. but mostly the bars are all slide into each other. those normal ones... use car jack can pry open...this is safer but cost more... but wut the heck safety comes first...
Just so everyone knows there are typically 3 types of grilles for homes:-

Steel RM8 to RM10 psq
Wrought Iron RM16 to RM25 psq. depending on design
Stainless Steel RM 40 and above psq. moneyflies.gif

Steel grilles are what you'll find in most homes and they are hollow so it can be easily cut or pried open using crowbars...

Wrought iron and stainless steel are harder stuff so it's difficult to bend or cut compared to iron grilles. nod.gif

The advantage of stainless steel is also low maintenance and rust resistance. You don't need to repaint every few years. thumbup.gif

There are also other stuff but I won't go there... the price's quoted is only an estimation but essentially stainless steel is the most expensive so mostly I see those in the homes of rich folks whistling.gif
billytong
post Jan 15 2007, 11:00 AM

Lord Sauron
4,522 posts

Let me tell you guys, even a house worth 1.6M still have over 600 defects if you check very cautionly.
chloelew
post Jan 15 2007, 11:26 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

ahhhh.... confirm sure have wan la... unless u build the house urself.... even that also sure got defects wan... human error....sure have wan....

48 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:29 PM