Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Home Defect Rectification Checklist, After vacant posession! Update With Pics

views

chloelew
post Dec 27 2006, 03:56 PM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

and guys... dont forget bout termites!! i just bought a house in putra heights... the stairways and room wooden panel are filled with this critters! luckily also the house is under warranty. the exterminators came n spray. if that doesnt help, need to drill holes and inject pesticide into the ground... find out from ur developer wut land is ur house on. rubber estate or kelapa sawit. mine was k.sawit hence the termites... baskets!! rubber estates dont have such problems.... my developer is sime UEP.
chloelew
post Dec 28 2006, 10:24 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

but do check ur house every 6months for infestation. check wooden panels... if u see a sand tunnel sort of like a wasp nest.... if u see those... call pest control ade... somemore i heard they can roam on ur walls.... feasting on wirings and cables... they wont eat ur wall bricks.sometimes u will see them coming out from ur wall power socket... damn scary.... and if ur roof also got infestation... call ASAP!

aaronpang, your house alot of prob le.... mine is just leaks, minor tweaks (sliding door cant open, some paint work and most serious..... termites!) who is ur developer?? must watch out...for my house, if its not for termites.... ill say my house would be quite perfect.... this is my house....

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
chloelew
post Jan 4 2007, 09:32 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

usually is aluminium foil. one is to prevent leaks and another thing is to reduce heat. we have to live with it. workmanship is not wut it was 10 years back. my parents house bout 26-30 years already.... no such thing as termites nor leaks even untill now.... new houses now is a risk itself.

stormchaser.... go to the developer office and fill up the form.they have to do it.

btw, guys... if u have recently bought a house.... and ur house location is quite famous for notorious house breakins.... or have alot of our indon frens, pls keep in mind dont always think of them entering ur house from the back or the front.... they are now coming in from the top. afew of my frens house in usj kena already.... so beef up security on the roof....just a reminder only..... smile.gif
chloelew
post Jan 4 2007, 10:59 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

add wooden beams..... usually in all roof, there is a 12" gap between wooden beams. so if u add another in between those 2 beams, the gap will be shorten to 6". ppl cant get in. ive added additional wooden beams already to my house. feel safer la... cause if ur out on a business trip and ur wife or gf only one at home.... those indon frens come from the top, then wut will happen? take things nevermind... if they hurt ur wife/gf cialat man.... local girls does look and taste better. prevention better than cure my frens..... price range is bout Rm1.5k-RM3k depending on how big is the house. but u better make sure ur house got no termites on the roof first b4 u do it. usually the contractor will check for u. if got termites they wont do wan.... ask u settle those ants first....normally la....

metal piece is also good... 100% secure but then sunny day, ur house will be like an oven! no need la.... very very much more expensive than wooden beam. price range is bout RM4k-7k or more....

but bear in mind, if ur house is still under warrantly from the developer and u do this adding beam thingy, ur roof warranty will be gone. meaning if roof leaking, u need to find back ur contractor which does the wood adding for u. developer wont cover... they got spies... alot of them... when i did mine, the developer contractor came n take pictures of my personal contractor doing my roof. its their proof... so cannot argue if have leaks. smart @ss.... hmm.gif hands.gif

This post has been edited by chloelew: Jan 4 2007, 11:06 AM
chloelew
post Jan 4 2007, 02:35 PM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

adrianocy, if u call the developer and tell them bobut fungus mark on the wall, they will just come n scrape it off n paint it back up. just thats not the way. u need to do certain treatment to the wall. usually fungus growth is the cause of leaks. check on it. ur wall is wet hence fungus growth. once u checked the leaks n repaired, treat the wall with anti fungus paint sealer then only paint over.

hackwire, motion sensor ar? so hi tech... must have cost u a bomb. i also wan sensor.... sad.gif no fundings.... haih....
chloelew
post Jan 10 2007, 11:22 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

timber strips price ranges between RM1.5k -3k. affordable la... if full zink metal... damn hot ur 2nd floor during noon time... and if fire break out, cannot claim insurance. kinda scary. if u have additional $$$, get an alarm but if its sensor alarm wut if rats and cats caught by the sensor? will it trigger the alarm? if it does... then prob also. oh well.. nothing is perfect... do wut is neccesary in ur view will be fine.

i just did the grill to my house. not those normal grill... its reinforced. thicker metal pieces and its not joined by welding. some places are.. but mostly the bars are all slide into each other. those normal ones... use car jack can pry open...this is safer but cost more... but wut the heck safety comes first... this friday will be doing the plaster ceiling.... my termites prob is still doing... haih.... big problem that one. then do he kitchen cabinet and wardrobe, lights and fan and thats it. maybe we can gang up to do some furniture shopping. can get mass discounts! LOL... just a thought..... biggrin.gif hahahaha

btw, my fren say ikea's wooden furniture no good. they are using chip wood so things get crack and broken very fast with our malaysian style. can anyone confirm this? thinking of getting my kitchen cabinet done by them... after my fren said this... kinda scared... does anyone of u have experience with ikea's furniture?
chloelew
post Jan 15 2007, 09:17 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

adrianocy, it cost me bout RM4k (ceiling+wiring+paint+install lights & fan).total size is bout 20'X18' (2 portions).
chloelew
post Jan 15 2007, 11:26 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

ahhhh.... confirm sure have wan la... unless u build the house urself.... even that also sure got defects wan... human error....sure have wan....
chloelew
post Jan 15 2007, 12:31 PM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

the design fella say ikea cabinet got 10years warranty. how sure am i on this statement i dunno. have to ask further on this....they have a wide sellection of woods.... u on budget, chip wood lo... u got $$$ solid wood lo.... price variance between RM6k-8k. installation charges is bout RM1k already for kitchen cabinet. transport charges is RM65 (i thought it was free!)oh well.... it all balls down to budget....
chloelew
post Jan 17 2007, 12:47 PM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

also rememeber to check how many years of warranty left.... usually if new house, nobody stay b4... got time la... but still check on the warranty status. u dont wan to be caught off guard if something happens like leaks etc....
chloelew
post Jan 26 2007, 03:04 PM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

guys.. also wanna let u guys know, if detected termites... go straight to the baiting system. 3 methods are available, spray, drill and baiting. baiting system is the latest now.... cost abit more.... but at least its more promising than the spraying technique and more neat than the drilling method. pricing is bout RM2.5k-3k. 1 year free maintanence period.

problem la this termite problem.... knn sad.gif

bw, my house finish the paint n the ceiling ade.... planning to move in kitchen cabinets and wardrobe but scared become termite food. better settle the issue first.
chloelew
post Feb 12 2007, 10:46 AM

Mr.Dependable
677 posts

storm,where ur house?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0424sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:09 AM