Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

altec lansing vs4121

views

narkon
post Dec 29 2006, 03:09 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(PcWork @ Dec 29 2006, 09:14 AM)
there's one altec lansing stand alone subwoofer for sale, i think the model is XA 301 or somethings like that. looks like a bomb, u can add it to ur ACS45.1 easily.
but for yamaha woofer, u might be a bit troublesome to set it up. as u must has an crossover before sending the low frequency signal to woofer.... not sure the woofer alone has built in crossover or not.there's a lot of things u have to take in count when u buy those theather woofer. in connecting it i mean.
ooohh really...didnt thought bout dat....wat is crossover???....must use special tools/accesories to connect the wire??

bout the alone sub from AL...mine is cs21 la...not ACS 45.1...i dun found it in internet la...i already surf the official AL web but didn't found it la...may i know where u get the source coz i wanna see it,if can test it,much more better... rclxms.gif rclxms.gif bdway is it costly???

This post has been edited by narkon: Dec 29 2006, 03:13 PM
PcWork
post Dec 29 2006, 03:59 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=360513&hl=
check here. he is selling.

narkon
post Dec 29 2006, 04:31 PM

On my way
647 posts

juz found Al selling subwoofer only..model = BB2001...have u hear it before??...got in malaysia??....

PCworks,is the subwoofer from XA 301 superb with bass??..please....i really need ur expertise coz i dun wanna rugi more....
PcWork
post Dec 29 2006, 04:36 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(narkon @ Dec 29 2006, 04:31 PM)
juz found Al selling subwoofer only..model = BB2001...have u hear it before??...got in malaysia??....

PCworks,is the subwoofer from XA 301 superb with bass??..please....i really need ur expertise coz i dun wanna rugi more....
not too sure, once heard it, and i don't like how it sound. maybe u will like it, it's better u go and had a serious listen at the seller / shopping complex. before u buy.

narkon
post Dec 29 2006, 04:42 PM

On my way
647 posts

hmmm..y i dont see these two model at lowyat r???.....is it old model???...i really wanna see how its look and sound like...but im at melaka...bit dificult to go to kl...pity me... cry.gif
sunauto
post Dec 29 2006, 04:55 PM

<< Blu-Ray Rocks >>
4,017 posts

Those AL subwoofers are pretty old and are discontinued a long time ago, I never heard them before but I believe your CS21 will pawn them easily because newer model normally is a step forward than the older models, right? If CS21 also you feel tak cukup ooompphh, you should be getting a much better subwoofer.

Well, most HT subwoofers have a crossover inside whereby you can control the cut off frequency of your satellites (or speakers in layman's term), so you can choose say 40HZ, that means 40HZ and below, the sound will be handled by the subwoofer, the satellites handle the remaining frequencies. It is adjustable but honestly, HT subwoofers a little bit mahal lah but will give you the bass that you want, that type of solid and hard hitting bass that can cause jakit jantung, you actually feel the bass, with my Yamaha subwoofer at 40% of the volume, my table and chairs already vibrate liao and including the water in my aquarium too. Yeah, it's that powerful, with 40% of the volume and the bass level set correctly, you'll in for a surprise, that's something pc speakers cannot compare but it's not fair to compare this way lah because my Yamaha subwoofer is already the price of two sets of CS21 and you're talking about a subwoofer only and nothing else. There are cheaper models from Yamaha, as low as RM500 plus but I never tested it before, supposed to be an add on to a Plasma or LCD tv whereby the bass is severely lacking. So far, I never seen people using HT subwoofers for pc lah but the wiring no problem one, you can always modify it, 3.5 mm mini stereo plug to RCA.

QUOTE(narkon @ Dec 29 2006, 04:42 PM)
hmmm..y i dont see these two model at lowyat r???.....is it old model???...i really wanna see how its look and sound like...but im at melaka...bit dificult to go to kl...pity me... cry.gif
narkon
post Dec 29 2006, 06:19 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(sunauto @ Dec 29 2006, 04:55 PM)
Those AL subwoofers are pretty old and are discontinued a long time ago, I never heard them before but I believe your CS21 will pawn them easily because newer model normally is a step forward than the older models, right? If CS21 also you feel tak cukup ooompphh, you should be getting a much better subwoofer.

Well, most HT subwoofers have a crossover inside whereby you can control the cut off frequency of your satellites (or speakers in layman's term), so you can choose say 40HZ, that means 40HZ and below, the sound will be handled by the subwoofer, the satellites handle the remaining frequencies. It is adjustable but honestly, HT subwoofers a little bit mahal lah but will give you the bass that you want, that type of solid and hard hitting bass that can cause jakit jantung, you actually feel the bass, with my Yamaha subwoofer at 40% of the volume, my table and chairs already vibrate liao and including the water in my aquarium too. Yeah, it's that powerful, with 40% of the volume and the bass level set correctly, you'll in for a surprise, that's something pc speakers cannot compare but it's not fair to compare this way lah because my Yamaha subwoofer is already the price of two sets of CS21 and you're talking about a subwoofer only and nothing else. There are cheaper models from Yamaha, as low as RM500 plus but I never tested it before, supposed to be an add on to a Plasma or LCD tv whereby the bass is severely lacking. So far, I never seen people using HT subwoofers for pc lah but the wiring no problem one, you can always modify it, 3.5 mm mini stereo plug to RCA.
wait2,i thought u also use HT subwoofer for com???....cs21 is very2 good speaker dy...juz me wanna boost more on the base ...ooo...so better dun take the XA 301 like dat...your subwoofer is to expensive to me i think coz i cant afford dat amount of money...so wanna buy a reasonable subwoofer for me...around 3++....

bout the wire,the plug use say...must DIY or got at the shop???...if got,how much does it cost??

dis question is a bit out of topic here...sorry...does anyone here have tested philips aurilium external soundcard???the quality same as the audigy from creative???...

sunauto
post Dec 29 2006, 10:10 PM

<< Blu-Ray Rocks >>
4,017 posts

No lah, my HT subwoofer is not for my comp, my comp is in my room, connected to my AL MX5021 but it can be used for a comp lah, the cable can be bought anywhere, less than RM8. Not very expensive, you can DIY yourself but I think no need lah, buy outside much easier.

Your budget around 3++ , right? Well, I'll search around for you to see if there's such a subwoofer suitable for your budget and no need to say lah, I know what type of bass you like. icon_rolleyes.gif

By the way Bro Narkon, my friend said Edifier not bad, he was referring to this model, http://www.inter-asia.com.my/Review/X600%28HWM%29.jpg but I dunno the price lah, he said the bass is good. You can listen to it in their Plaza Low Yat showroom. thumbup.gif

QUOTE(narkon @ Dec 29 2006, 06:19 PM)
wait2,i thought u also use HT subwoofer for com???....cs21 is very2 good speaker dy...juz me wanna boost more on the base ...ooo...so better dun take the XA 301 like dat...your subwoofer is to expensive to me i think coz i cant afford dat amount of money...so wanna buy a reasonable subwoofer for me...around 3++....

bout the wire,the plug use say...must DIY or got at the shop???...if got,how much does it cost??

dis question is a bit out of topic here...sorry...does anyone here have tested philips aurilium external soundcard???the quality same as the audigy from creative???...
This post has been edited by sunauto: Dec 30 2006, 12:56 AM
narkon
post Dec 30 2006, 01:11 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(sunauto @ Dec 29 2006, 10:10 PM)
No lah, my HT subwoofer is not for my comp, my comp is in my room, connected to my AL MX5021 but it can be used for a comp lah, the cable can be bought anywhere, less than RM8. Not very expensive, you can DIY yourself but I think no need lah, buy outside much easier.

Your budget around 3++ , right? Well, I'll search around for you to see if there's such a subwoofer suitable for your budget and no need to say lah, I know what type of bass you like.  icon_rolleyes.gif 

By the way Bro Narkon, my friend said Edifier not bad, he was referring to this model, http://www.inter-asia.com.my/Review/X600%28HWM%29.jpg but I dunno the price lah, he said the bass is good. You can listen to it in their Plaza Low Yat showroom.  thumbup.gif
ooo...my mistake...huhuhuhu...but as long can use...doesnt matter... biggrin.gif RM8 only??...sure can 1...i thought bout 50 over...ahahaha.... rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

yup2...my budget around dat...thanx so much bro...really appreciate it... smile.gif smile.gif

that model is X600 rite??...its about RM175 i think...he sell only the sub or 1 set????...
if i buy new subwoofer,how bout the old 1??...can i use both at the same time???..

sunauto
post Dec 30 2006, 10:57 AM

<< Blu-Ray Rocks >>
4,017 posts

If you wanna use both subwoofers, can, can, you need to buy a splitter, you know like the Logitech accessory for the PSP, one 3.5 mm plug to two earphones. That's the cable you need if you wanna use two subwoofers but you test the X600 first lah, see whether you like the sound or not, Penang don't have this model but my friend bought it from KL but I never listened to his system before because his house is very far from mine. doh.gif That's a 7 inch subwoofer.

Otherwise if not, you can sell your CS 21 and get Logitech's Z-2300. Alternative method lah but pretty sayang also lah since your CS 21 is pretty new.

QUOTE(narkon @ Dec 30 2006, 01:11 AM)
ooo...my mistake...huhuhuhu...but as long can use...doesnt matter... biggrin.gif  RM8 only??...sure can 1...i thought bout 50 over...ahahaha.... rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif

yup2...my budget around dat...thanx so much bro...really appreciate it... smile.gif  smile.gif
that model is X600 rite??...its about RM175 i think...he sell only the sub or 1 set????...
if i buy new subwoofer,how bout the old 1??...can i use both at the same time???..
narkon
post Dec 30 2006, 11:22 AM

On my way
647 posts

ooo...i have the splitter...i buy RM 3 at the shop dy... biggrin.gif

wow...selling cs21?...a bit sayang la... sad.gif sad.gif ..bdway,if sell my cs21,wat is the standard price??

bout the X600,if i like the sound,better i take X600 or better i wait 1st and find a subwoofer and after dat compare it??...today i will go pusing2 Melaka to find that speaker and subwoofer... rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
sunauto
post Dec 30 2006, 05:33 PM

<< Blu-Ray Rocks >>
4,017 posts

Remember to audition Logitech Z-2300 also, compare and see how's the sound quality, sometimes cheaper speakers can give you the sound that you want like those from Edifier and Sonic Gear but the power rating is not as good as your CS21, it might have a hard hitting bass but I dunno whether it is loud enough for you or not as some most of their models are not even half the power of your CS21, maybe bass good but not loud enough for you because some people (even myself) like listening to music or watching movies at a louder volume so that the sound got more kick.

CS21, ar? If you sell now, will rugi a lot lah because people will keep on nego, negeo until you wanna pengsan. I dare not say how much it's worth now because it's pretty subjective lah, it depends on the buyer lor, if there's a buyer willing to pay higher because your CS21 is quite new, then you're in luck but got some people dunno how to appreciate and will keep on telling that it is second. Get what I mean? You don't sell first lah, tengok macam mana dulu lah, okay? CS21 is not that bad you know, many of my friends like the sound too.

QUOTE(narkon @ Dec 30 2006, 11:22 AM)
ooo...i have the splitter...i buy RM 3 at the shop dy... biggrin.gif

wow...selling cs21?...a bit sayang la... sad.gif  sad.gif ..bdway,if sell my cs21,wat is the standard price??

bout the X600,if i like the sound,better i  take X600 or better i wait 1st and find a subwoofer and after dat compare it??...today i will go pusing2 Melaka to find that speaker and subwoofer... rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
narkon
post Dec 31 2006, 02:00 AM

On my way
647 posts

at melaka dont have logitech Z 2300...edifier X 600 oso dunt have...so sakit hati... mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

yaaa...bout the power u said...cs21 is much2 more louder than vs4121 that my fren use...cs21 sound also more clear but the bass dont suit for me as im crazy with bass... drool.gif drool.gif

i dun wan sell my cs21 lah...i sayang dis speaker... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif sell 2nd hand sure will drop price n me rugi woo especially with people dat dun appreciate speaker like u said... biggrin.gif

sunauto
post Dec 31 2006, 02:15 AM

<< Blu-Ray Rocks >>
4,017 posts

Yalor, I honestly don't encourage you to sell the speakers lor because when it comes to second hand ones (even if you bought it yesterday), buyers will keep forcing you to lower your price sampai you feel that it's not worth selling, rather throw the speakers into the sea for Nemo or Sharktale to listen than to sell them like Petaling Street prices.

So, where's your location Bro? Are you from Melaka? Don't get angry lah, Edifier X600 also cannot find in Penang but Logitech Z-2300 got la, I've tested it, it goes pretty loud, bass is satisfying but I didn't test with my own music lah but the bass definitely there but what I dun like is that it doesn't have a remote control especially when it's priced over RM500 plus. cry.gif

QUOTE(narkon @ Dec 31 2006, 02:00 AM)
at melaka dont have logitech Z 2300...edifier X 600 oso dunt have...so sakit hati... mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

yaaa...bout the power u said...cs21 is much2 more louder than vs4121 that my fren use...cs21 sound also more clear but the bass dont suit for me as im crazy with bass... drool.gif  drool.gif

i dun wan sell my cs21 lah...i sayang dis speaker... biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  sell 2nd hand sure will drop price n me rugi woo especially with people dat dun appreciate speaker like u said... biggrin.gif
narkon
post Dec 31 2006, 02:28 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(sunauto @ Dec 31 2006, 02:15 AM)
Yalor, I honestly don't encourage you to sell the speakers lor because when it comes to second hand ones (even if you bought it yesterday), buyers will keep forcing you to lower your price sampai you feel that it's not worth selling, rather throw the speakers into the sea for Nemo or Sharktale to listen than to sell them like Petaling Street prices.

So, where's your location Bro? Are you from Melaka? Don't get angry lah, Edifier X600 also cannot find in Penang but Logitech Z-2300 got la, I've tested it, it goes pretty loud, bass is satisfying but I didn't test with my own music lah but the bass definitely there but what I dun like is that it doesn't have a remote control especially when it's priced over RM500 plus.  cry.gif
ahahahahaha.....okie2... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

im from perak actually but study in MMU melaka...so fed up 1,go here no speaker,go there no speaker... mad.gif mad.gif i didn't found any yamaha sub yet...juz now go survey and they only sell HT set..brand sony and etc..

honestly,i dun think i can affort to buy Z 2300 for this time being....my budget not that high... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif im still studying...

my budget is only about 300...another subwoofer or X600 or souncard...i think thats only choice that i can afford...the soundcard is plan B... laugh.gif

sunauto
post Dec 31 2006, 02:32 AM

<< Blu-Ray Rocks >>
4,017 posts

Well, if you can sell your CS 21 for RM300 plus, I think you can just top up RM200 like that enough for Z-2300. Just a suggestion if you manage to sell your CS 21 at this price lah. Of course, you must 100% confirm you like the sound of Z-2300 before you buy it. sweat.gif

QUOTE(narkon @ Dec 31 2006, 02:28 AM)
ahahahahaha.....okie2... biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

im from perak actually but study in MMU melaka...so fed up 1,go here no speaker,go there no speaker... mad.gif  mad.gif  i didn't found any yamaha sub yet...juz now go survey and they only sell HT set..brand sony and etc..

honestly,i dun think i can affort to buy Z 2300 for this time being....my budget not that high... sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  im still studying...

my budget is only about 300...another subwoofer or X600 or souncard...i think thats only choice that i can afford...the soundcard is plan B... laugh.gif
narkon
post Dec 31 2006, 02:34 AM

On my way
647 posts

thats the main problem...where i can test it...hmmm... sad.gif sad.gif so sad...
sunauto
post Dec 31 2006, 02:40 AM

<< Blu-Ray Rocks >>
4,017 posts

Well, if you got go to Penang, I said if lah, you can go to 1-Stop Midlands, Gadgetzone shop on the sixth floor, find a guy named Ah Hao, he can test Z-2300 for you, they have one unit there for testing. I dunno about any shops in KL lah, I just go there tengok and if the price is good, I'll take it but since I'm from Penang, I'm more familiar with the shops here. Sorry, can't be of much help to you. cry.gif

QUOTE(narkon @ Dec 31 2006, 02:34 AM)
thats the main problem...where i can test it...hmmm... sad.gif  sad.gif  so sad...
narkon
post Dec 31 2006, 02:50 AM

On my way
647 posts

its ok....next week sem break...balik rumah... tongue.gif maybe got the chance to go to penang...hopefully..maybe can go to ur house oso...ahahahaa...jokin only... biggrin.gif

sunauto
post Dec 31 2006, 03:05 PM

<< Blu-Ray Rocks >>
4,017 posts

Yeah lor, can consider going to Penang lah, that shop is my friend's shop, he can give you a special price, just find that guy lor. After all, Perak to Penang is not that far also. rclxms.gif

QUOTE(narkon @ Dec 31 2006, 02:50 AM)
its ok....next week sem break...balik rumah... tongue.gif  maybe got the chance to go to penang...hopefully..maybe can go to ur house oso...ahahahaa...jokin only... biggrin.gif

9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:49 PM