NETFLIX OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE IN MALAYSIA, Finally. No DNS needed

views

GHOSTVIC
post May 12 2020, 11:10 AM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 29 2020, 11:18 AM)
from this list:

23. Last Kingdom - 4 seasons, i like it.
based on a series of novels.
dramatized historical fiction, very well written.
9th century... how "england" was formed, the old kingdoms, the kings, the warriors.
the vikings invasion, attacks, wars, religion.
u get to learn a bit about the history of those islands - who were the britons, saxons, danes.

24. OA - 2 seasons.
mystery, supernatural.
started great, ended poorly, series cancelled.
Another recommended series PRISON BREAK S1 TO S5
I used to hear this series back then 10 years ago but never showed interest at all.
But last week i wanted to try , seriously got addicted and finished up to 4 season. Now resting to move on 5.
Well scripted, well acting interesting characters, twist and turn storyline.
The best part what you predicted next, is not what is scripted.
There many ocassion where i failed of predicting or guessing correctly and amazed with the twist. Hahaha..
Makes you glued yourself to keep watching how it ends.
I cannot pick any one of the episode which is less entertaining compared to another.
Its keep driving you watch one after another.

After some episodes you definitely hooked with some characters. I never had feeling of watching a quite old series. There are minor errors in some episode if you closely looking at, but overal i felt like it just recetly filmed.
So you will not get feeling of watching backdated series.
The BGM gives you goosebumps as well, keep playing in ur mind.

Like how u feel when watch game of throne, stranger things, money heist, breakingbad and few others

This post has been edited by GHOSTVIC: May 12 2020, 05:46 PM
AVFAN
post May 12 2020, 06:29 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(GHOSTVIC @ May 12 2020, 11:10 AM)

Like how u feel when watch game of throne, stranger things, money heist, breakingbad and few others
prison break was a winner in the early seasons 1-4, v good.
it tried to make a comeback with s5 after several years, somewhat failed.
there will not be a s6.

if u liked breaking break, u should check out OZARK, 3 seasons.
not as good as BB... in terms of suspense and humor but is in a similar genre.
less drugs+violence, more with money laundering+drama.
highly watchable.

GHOSTVIC
post May 12 2020, 07:41 PM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ May 12 2020, 06:29 PM)
there will not be a s6.

highly watchable.
OZARK completed somewhat slow start yet quite interesting all about drug money laundry . The struggle his whole family going through to be safe from cartel. It has less suspense and thrill yet continued to watch further just to see whether he succeed or not. Whether he escapes.from.mexican cartel.or not. It is blend of all genre not bored to watch.
GHOSTVIC
post May 12 2020, 07:42 PM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ May 12 2020, 06:29 PM)
there will not be a s6.

highly watchable.
OZARK completed somewhat slow start yet quite interesting all about drug money laundry . The struggle his whole family going through to be safe from cartel. It has less suspense and thrill yet continued to watch further just to see whether he succeed or not. Whether he escapes.from.mexican cartel.or not. It is blend of all genre not bored to watch.
Maxieos
post May 12 2020, 10:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(MEngineer @ May 9 2020, 08:24 PM)
Not only movies, tv series library is also more with US account. If your smart TV cannot install the VPN app, then you need to set your VPN via a router. ExpressVPN has a clear guide and files to do it.
Smart tv can't install any vpn.Expressvpn on router only provide few models https://www.expressvpn.com/vpn-software/vpn-router
QUOTE(voncrane @ May 10 2020, 09:42 AM)
Have you confirmed that your TV can install third-party VPN apps and said apps work correctly? You need to confirm that first, most TVs can't. In the past, all it took was an IP addy-linked DNS addy change on the TV (which most TVs can do).. But Netflix caught on fast.. So yeah, the answer to your question is Yes and No. Yes, if your TV is capable and No if it isn't.. When all else fails? Get a sub and configure your router (hopefully yours is configurable & compatible with the service your subbed). Remember though that this will apply to any other device connected to the same router.
I would like to know the opposite whether which TV allow third-party VPN to be install ? The best I could find a Android tv.But does android tv really able to using vpn + netflix is unknown.

voncrane
post May 13 2020, 06:21 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(GHOSTVIC @ May 12 2020, 11:10 AM)
I used to hear this series back then 10 years ago but never showed interest at all.
But last week i wanted to try , seriously got addicted and finished up to 4 season. Now resting to move on 5.
Well scripted, well acting interesting characters, twist and turn storyline.
The best part what you predicted next, is not what is scripted.
There many ocassion where i failed of predicting or guessing correctly and amazed with the twist. Hahaha..
Makes you glued yourself to keep watching how it ends.
I cannot pick any one of the episode which is less entertaining compared to another.
Its keep driving you watch one after another.

After some episodes you definitely hooked with some characters. I never had feeling of watching a quite old series. There are minor errors in some episode if you closely looking at, but overal i felt like it just recetly filmed.
So you will not get feeling of watching backdated series.
The BGM gives you goosebumps as well, keep playing in ur mind.

I agree, although I’m surprised that you al got around to watching it now.. biggrin.gif IMO, most people who began watching Prison Break back then, almost immediately got hooked on it. In my case, it was agony having to wait till the next season drops AND it finds it’s way onto DVD, pirated DVDs and sold in my area.. biggrin.gif .. Back then, whole house with friends too would gather every evening to resume wherever we stopped the night before.. Haha.. I think I’ll give it another go again, from S1 till end.. brows.gif

QUOTE(GHOSTVIC @ May 12 2020, 07:41 PM)
I’m enjoying Osaka as well, yes it’s a tad slow but I don’t feel it’s draggy at all. I’d say it’s well-paced even. Meanwhile, from most of the past cartel series we’ve watched.. There’s only one way for people that deep to escape the Mexican cartel. I mean, see what happened to the ultra loyal lawyer.. sweat.gif BUT, I’m rooting for the family.. nod.gif

QUOTE(Maxieos @ May 12 2020, 10:16 PM)
Smart tv can't install any vpn.Expressvpn on router only provide few models https://www.expressvpn.com/vpn-software/vpn-router

I would like to know the opposite whether which TV allow third-party VPN to be install ? The best I could find a Android tv.But does android tv really able to using vpn + netflix is unknown.
Ah... AFAIK? I really can’t give you a specific model that will fit that criteria. Best best would be as you suggested...Android TV OS powered TVs. Personally, I don’t like em. As for the Netflix+VPN thingy? I know much older models can’t. But then newer models have beefier hardware, processing power and much more capable software. So hey, who knows if there’s a model or more that can. But here’s the thing.. Instead of trying to find one and spending thousands of RM just to achieve that and for dunno how long or worse it doesn’t work..? You are better off, just getting a cheaper compatible router, Netflix friendly VPN sub and configuring that to be used with any Netflix certified/capable device. Doing this ensures you aren’t stuck with viewing Netflix content from other regions on a single TV model or VPN service, as you can change em at will.
AVFAN
post May 13 2020, 03:32 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

just started watching Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2045.

netflix 12 episodes x 25min.

if u r a fan of this cyberpunk anime franchise, u will surely not miss it.

i m a big fan of it, have watched all the anime series + movies... biggrin.gif

it's nice that since 1989, every few years, somebody comes up with a refreshed tv series or movie on these futuristic warriors.

(although the 2017 live active movie with scarlett johannsen as kusanagi was not so good.)

kusanagi, aramaki, batou, ishikawa, togusa, saitou.... they live forever, never get old... being cyborgs, i guess!

user posted image

This post has been edited by AVFAN: May 13 2020, 03:43 PM
rx330
post May 13 2020, 04:07 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ May 13 2020, 03:32 PM)
just started watching Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2045.

netflix 12 episodes x 25min.

if u r a fan of this cyberpunk anime franchise, u will surely not miss it.

i m a big fan of it, have watched all the anime series + movies... biggrin.gif

it's nice that since 1989, every few years, somebody comes up with a refreshed tv series or movie on these futuristic warriors.

(although the 2017 live active movie with scarlett johannsen as kusanagi was not so good.)

kusanagi, aramaki, batou, ishikawa, togusa, saitou.... they live forever, never get old... being cyborgs, i guess!

user posted image
watched 1 or 2 epi, the audio remix is good from reviews, but I dont like the 3D animation of it
kinda blocky , maybe just me
AVFAN
post May 14 2020, 01:23 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ May 13 2020, 04:07 PM)
watched 1 or 2 epi, the audio remix is good from reviews, but I dont like the 3D animation of it
kinda blocky , maybe just me
I just finished.

I quite like it alto it wasnt received very well.

Compared to older versions of SAC, it offers some new, updated futuristic tech, syfy ideas.

There is a confirmed season 2 x 12 episodes.
19 Degree South
post May 27 2020, 02:07 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

Just started off this Netflix thing. This is more for series drama than movies right ? Found most of the movies are so dated!
voncrane
post May 28 2020, 02:04 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(19 Degree South @ May 27 2020, 02:07 PM)
Just started off this  Netflix thing. This is more for  series drama than movies right ? Found most of the movies are so dated!
Netflix Originals!! Just wait, you’ll get hooked soon enough.. laugh.gif

Well, as for most movies on it being dated. That is too be expected cuz it’s a VOD service, the best out there IMO. Due to the nature of VOD and licensing or copyright laws. Can’t have all blockbusters simultaneously released in the cinemas and on Netflix as well, now can we. Cinemas, DVD, & Blu-ray copies still need to be sold for profit. Typically, only after a movie is mostly done playing in cinemas worldwide, does Netflix seek or gain streaming rights. All part of keeping costs low mah for us end users. Imagine if all movies were allowed to show on Netflix and cinemas same date? I reckon many would rather watch in the security & relaxedness of their homes than go to the cinemas. Of course, there are movies that were launched and immediately released on Netflix as well.. But these are few. Anyways, I’m glad the “dated” content is there. Cuz it allows ppl like me to catch up on blockbusters we missed from years past. No hunting around, just one quick search & tap to play button away. thumbup.gif
19 Degree South
post May 28 2020, 09:13 AM

Regular
1,480 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ May 28 2020, 02:04 AM)
Netflix Originals!! Just wait, you’ll get hooked soon enough.. laugh.gif

Well, as for most movies on it being dated. That is too be expected cuz it’s a VOD service, the best out there IMO. Due to the nature of VOD and licensing or copyright laws. Can’t have all blockbusters simultaneously released in the cinemas and on Netflix as well, now can we. Cinemas, DVD, & Blu-ray copies still need to be sold for profit. Typically, only after a movie is mostly done playing in cinemas worldwide, does Netflix seek or gain streaming rights. All part of keeping costs low mah for us end users. Imagine if all movies were allowed to show on Netflix and cinemas same date? I reckon many would rather watch in the security & relaxedness of their homes than go to the cinemas. Of course, there are movies that were launched and immediately released on Netflix as well.. But these are few. Anyways, I’m glad the “dated” content is there. Cuz it allows ppl like me to catch up on blockbusters we missed from years past. No hunting around, just one quick search & tap to play button away.  thumbup.gif
Yeah....lol! Me no patient to watch those series. laugh.gif I meant dated was that I spent two hours browsing the movies content and found that most movies are at least 8 to 10 years old and not many blockbuster one. laugh.gif But I must say the 4K quality of their contents are tip top! Astro is a joke!
voncrane
post May 28 2020, 08:03 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(19 Degree South @ May 28 2020, 09:13 AM)
Yeah....lol! Me no patient to watch those series. laugh.gif I meant dated was that I spent two hours browsing the movies content and found that most movies are at least 8 to 10 years old and not many blockbuster one. laugh.gif  But I must say the 4K quality of their contents are tip top! Astro is a joke!
Haha.. Asterruk quality vs Netflix isn't even a contest. And this with us knowing that Netflix at it's best still isn't true 4K quality.. But you really need to check out Netflix Originals.. Some of their movies and TV series are superb.
19 Degree South
post May 29 2020, 11:09 AM

Regular
1,480 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ May 28 2020, 08:03 PM)
Haha.. Asterruk quality vs Netflix isn't even a contest. And this with us knowing that Netflix at it's best still isn't true 4K quality.. But you really need to check out Netflix Originals.. Some of their movies and TV series are superb.
Sorri bro, I am a noob! What do u mean by 'Netflix Ori'?
voncrane
post May 29 2020, 11:57 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(19 Degree South @ May 29 2020, 11:09 AM)
Sorri bro, I am a noob! What do u mean by 'Netflix Ori'?
Stands for Netflix Originals...These are original titles distributed by Netflix. Some are produced exclusively by them, others through collaborations with other production individuals/companies. Often, these "ori" titles can only be found on the Netflix service. Plenty good stuff to watch. nod.gif
GuyB
post May 29 2020, 12:22 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(19 Degree South @ May 27 2020, 02:07 PM)
Just started off this  Netflix thing. This is more for  series drama than movies right ? Found most of the movies are so dated!
Do you know that there are more titles beyond what’s shown on your Netflix page, right?
19 Degree South
post May 29 2020, 09:18 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

QUOTE(GuyB @ May 29 2020, 12:22 PM)
Do you know that there are more titles beyond what’s shown on your Netflix page, right?
Enjoyed the old movies! The pic quality is just too good!
skylinelover
post May 30 2020, 11:33 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ May 29 2020, 11:57 AM)
Stands for Netflix Originals...These are original titles distributed by Netflix. Some are produced exclusively by them, others through collaborations with other production individuals/companies. Often, these "ori" titles can only be found on the Netflix service. Plenty good stuff to watch.  nod.gif
this my favorite of the year

very close level with john wick laugh.gif rclxms.gif

skylinelover
post May 30 2020, 11:36 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(19 Degree South @ May 29 2020, 09:18 PM)
Enjoyed the old movies! The pic quality is just too good!
they even had JAWS haha deng laugh.gif rclxms.gif

but HBOMAX looks great also laugh.gif rclxms.gif just lacking the DOLBY and the 4K ARGH puke.gif puke.gif

GuyB
post May 30 2020, 06:50 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

Anyone here has Amazon Prime?

user posted image

74 Pages « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0257sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:53 PM