262 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Working in Australia V2, All About working in Australia

views

KVReninem
post Nov 20 2015, 01:01 AM

IX
5,369 posts

nexona88 you have the delete button for the thread. Exercise your rights.
thank you. I`m quite eye sore reading crap that have no relevancy to this thread.
jianh
post Nov 20 2015, 05:14 AM

What custom title???
920 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Nov 20 2015, 01:01 AM)
thank you. I`m quite eye sore reading crap that have no relevancy to this thread.
Precisely. Come here showing off his wealth non-stop then belittling other people just because he's butthurt about somebody else and we have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Look at 'dat insecurity.

Move on.
KVReninem
post Nov 20 2015, 09:35 AM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(manickam123 @ Nov 19 2015, 09:46 PM)
Why so butthurt when people say australia not good?  This is a forum after all. People deserve to hear the positive n negative side of things.

Seriously the successful ones i met r filfhy rich. I know a couple who runs some biz here n drives astin martin...they migrated to shift their biz to oz.

Its not exactly easy to get a mid range job...not everyone is in ur situation. A migrant has to persevere for another 3 or 4 yrs of oz work experience b4 getting a mid range job, if lucky.

Like wat u said...a migrant expectations has to be realistic. Can't expect to be ceo of co n then get same position in oz.
Here is not /k/.

If one have issue with others; keep it where it is and don't pollute the thread with irrelevant nonsense. Some did share their story about it didn't work out coming to Australia. But hey!; is it relevant to said something when one have not been here? icon_rolleyes.gif

empire23Geminist can you please step in mate.

This post has been edited by KVReninem: Nov 20 2015, 09:40 AM
TSnexona88
post Nov 20 2015, 10:45 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,823 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Nov 20 2015, 01:01 AM)
sorry. I don't see any deleted button.

only in /k have it sweat.gif
KVReninem
post Nov 20 2015, 10:47 AM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Nov 20 2015, 12:15 AM)
sorry. I don't see any deleted button.

only in /k have it  sweat.gif
nvm. upper hand got tag.
kenji1903
post Nov 20 2015, 11:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,784 posts

i think people here get the idea of reading your book sweat.gif
KVReninem
post Nov 20 2015, 12:56 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(manickam123 @ Nov 20 2015, 01:43 AM)
Hey thats quite bias. So u say its only for those who hv been to oz can comment? Oh then those who interested in applying for migration can post here la. R u some sort of migration agent?

I hv migrated to oz didn't work out for me.

Everybody needs to know the pro n cons
What bias you are looking at.
I`m referring to particular posts that make no sense here.

Reason are as follow.

1. If you have not been here; please don't paint a picture that you know well. Like the book said.
2. There`s pro and cons. Not all grass is greener on the other side. You are entitled to choose which side you like to be in.
3. Please read what the comments said about the writer of the book.

Well, why don't share your story of what didn't work out. smile.gif

This post has been edited by KVReninem: Nov 20 2015, 12:56 PM
KVReninem
post Nov 20 2015, 01:10 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(manickam123 @ Nov 20 2015, 02:35 AM)
I applied PR when I didn't do my homework n research.

1- didn't like the jobs i was doing. Am an accountant but ended up doing photostat work like clerk.
2- no friends, lonely there.
3- other migrants there also selfish don't want to help. even my own relative, cousin didn't want to offer his place to bunk in, i had to stay at those B&B for awhile.
4- after 1 year i came back
Well. Here`s a sad case you don't know.

Been here; usually those job like accountants / professionals as mentioned on previous thread. They are oversupplied.

It clearly stated its your own fault to begin with.

KVReninem
post Nov 20 2015, 01:14 PM

IX
5,369 posts

I have friends who migrated over and got in same shoe as you. But I told them; you got a choice.

You go back; you are just wasted the time and resources.

Australia is not for everyone. Even the Brits/China/European mate said it them-self.

Its your choice.

munkeyflo
post Nov 20 2015, 02:13 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(manickam123 @ Nov 20 2015, 01:05 PM)
I applied PR when I didn't do my homework n research.

1- didn't like the jobs i was doing. Am an accountant but ended up doing photostat work like clerk.
2- no friends, lonely there.
3- other migrants there also selfish don't want to help. even my own relative, cousin didn't want to offer his place to bunk in, i had to stay at those B&B for awhile.
4- after 1 year i came back
That's very common for those who migrate there. Be prepared to start from the bottom. If you are a manager in KL, don't expect to get the similar position there.

Also, for the rest of the forumers in this thread, if you see anyone trolling in this thread (or this part of the forum), please make use of the report button. smile.gif
evieta
post Nov 20 2015, 02:43 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Nov 20 2015, 02:10 PM)
Well. Here`s a sad case you don't know.

Been here; usually those job like accountants / professionals as mentioned on previous thread. They are oversupplied.

It clearly stated its your own fault to begin with.
I actually feel that even people who tried and gone back have nothing to lose. At least they gain some experience. There is nothing to be ashame about coming and leaving though.

This post has been edited by evieta: Nov 20 2015, 03:05 PM
KVReninem
post Nov 20 2015, 02:50 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(evieta @ Nov 20 2015, 04:13 AM)
I actually feel that even people who tried and gone back have nothing to lose. At least they gain some experience. There is nothing to be ashame about coming and leaving though.
That is reason you make a collective(informed) choice. I know how hard it is to actually leave Malaysia. But once you got over it; you will see it as just a small part of a bigger thing.

After all, Australia is becoming more like Malaysia but with more diversity.

Do consider about it require resource, time and adaptation. If one still undecided. Its better to just come here and experience by travelling.

evieta
post Nov 20 2015, 03:09 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Nov 20 2015, 03:50 PM)
That is reason you make a collective(informed) choice. I know how hard it is to actually leave Malaysia. But once you got over it; you will see it as just a small part of a bigger thing.

After all, Australia is becoming more like Malaysia but with more diversity.

Do consider about it require resource, time and adaptation. If one still undecided. Its better to just come here and experience by travelling.
I absolutely get what you mean.
Whether a person will succeed would depend on his desire to stay in Aust. Most Malaysians prefer the comfort of having a stable office job and will not accept the idea of changing to do something different, learn a skill to take up trades job.

Settling down in Australia could take years.. Some people take up to 5 years to settle. I am also still settling but I am really happy here and love being here. smile.gif
KVReninem
post Nov 20 2015, 03:14 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(evieta @ Nov 20 2015, 04:39 AM)
I absolutely get what you mean.
Whether a person will succeed would depend on his desire to stay in Aust. Most Malaysians prefer the comfort of having a stable office job and will not accept the idea of changing to do something different, learn a skill to take up trades job.

Settling down in Australia could take years.. Some people take up to 5 years to settle. I am also still settling but I am really happy here and love being here. smile.gif
that`s one reason, if you read the previous thread. Lower your expectation on the jobs you get.

I met a lot people with good qualification`s and expertise. But they rather chose job like like cleaning; waiters, trade services and most because they know. Its less demanding and why stuck up to so much upper "professional" and tax.

easy money too. But just how you endure it.

I`m glad you are happy. Because that matter in quality of life here.
smile.gif

This post has been edited by KVReninem: Nov 20 2015, 03:15 PM
kenji1903
post Nov 20 2015, 03:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,784 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Nov 20 2015, 03:14 PM)
that`s one reason, if you read the previous thread. Lower your expectation on the jobs you get.

I met a lot people with good qualification`s and expertise. But they rather chose job like like cleaning; waiters, trade services and most because they know. Its less demanding and why stuck up to so much upper "professional" and tax.

easy money too. But just how you endure it.

I`m glad you are happy. Because that matter in quality of life here.
smile.gif
how's retirement going to be in Aussie? since there's quality of life, i presume people live longer too?

and Centrelink gives out some money but its barely enough to put food on the table
KVReninem
post Nov 20 2015, 03:34 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(kenji1903 @ Nov 20 2015, 04:53 AM)
how's retirement going to be in Aussie? since there's quality of life, i presume people live longer too?

and Centrelink gives out some money but its barely enough to put food on the table
subjective question.

Heard stories of retiree`s not having enough saving due to government`s policy. Its hard to gauge. But retiring here is not the best option if you are not easily contented with basic.

Live longer/Aging population are a liability to Australia government. On the other side; its their policy that need to change and they have good support that need to be revamp.

It is hard to fix all their issues. But hey; that's the purpose of migrants like us.

You dont wish to be in Japan shoe.

TSnexona88
post Nov 20 2015, 03:34 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,823 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Nov 20 2015, 02:13 PM)
Also, for the rest of the forumers in this thread, if you see anyone trolling in this thread (or this part of the forum), please make use of the report button. smile.gif
can please suggest to management to have delete button for this part of the forum

thanks icon_rolleyes.gif
kenji1903
post Nov 20 2015, 03:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,784 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Nov 20 2015, 03:34 PM)
subjective question.

Heard stories of retiree`s not having enough saving due to government`s policy. Its hard to gauge. But retiring here is not the best option if you are not easily contented with basic.

Live longer/Aging population are a liability to Australia government. On the other side; its their policy that need to change and they have good support that need to be revamp.

It is hard to fix all their issues. But hey; that's the purpose of migrants like us.

You dont wish to be in Japan shoe.
i know Singapore's retirement is screwed, so i'd like to know also how much better is Aussie...

that's the purpose... if i'm those who are looking at a proper migration and not just working, saving and retiring in Malaysia... how doable is it in Aussie? please share your experience if possible :
munkeyflo
post Nov 20 2015, 03:48 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Nov 20 2015, 03:34 PM)
can please suggest to management to have delete button for this part of the forum

thanks  icon_rolleyes.gif
Unfortunately I don't think they will do so. As there will be those that will abuse the function.

So for now, just make use of the report button. smile.gif
KVReninem
post Nov 20 2015, 03:50 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(kenji1903 @ Nov 20 2015, 05:13 AM)
i know Singapore's retirement is screwed, so i'd like to know also how much better is Aussie...

that's the purpose... if i'm those who are looking at a proper migration and not just working, saving and retiring in Malaysia... how doable is it in Aussie? please share your experience if possible :
Summary: I noticed alot Singaporean crossing over here.

On doable: As far I can say. Come when you are young. Not when you are 50s. There is a cut off and the older you get the harder to "adapt" due to culture difference. Your kids may be better for it.

Malaysia is not worst after all. It just the half-wit going on.

This post has been edited by KVReninem: Nov 20 2015, 03:51 PM

262 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0286sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:26 PM