Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

95 Pages « < 90 91 92 93 94 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Multimedia University Thread V9, ....Inquire, Inspire and Innovate (University)

views

Lotus511 P
post Mar 2 2021, 02:04 AM

Probation
18 posts

but seems you are getting good grades in discrete math, calculus, i think you can be less stressful and easily allocate more time toward other subject which you don't have confidence in.

[/quote]

sorry for the late reply

i’m was not meant to said that i managed to get good grades for my in discrete math and calculus. I was meant to say that will i survive discrete math and calculus even if i work hard i mean sometimes this type of math is not for everyone but i really want to pursue this degree

Im sure everyone had a experience with calculus in SPM and STPM right? correct me if i’m wrong. I don’t take SPM btw i took diploma vokasional malaysia (DVM)

sure i learnt math back in my diploma years but i don’t think my math level in diploma is near as SPM or STPM which makes me curious if i able to take Computer Science

Btw i’m interested in CS software engineering as it’s more easier than other CS (AI,DS,GD,Cybersecurity) i think?

what do you think? smile.gif

TSHuman Nature
post Mar 2 2021, 03:15 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
21,231 posts

QUOTE(Lotus511 @ Mar 2 2021, 02:04 AM)
i’m was not meant to said that i managed to get good grades for my in discrete math and calculus. I was meant to say that will i survive discrete math and calculus even if i work hard i mean sometimes this type of math is not for everyone but i really want to pursue this degree

Im sure everyone had a experience with calculus in SPM and STPM right? correct me if i’m wrong. I don’t take SPM btw i took diploma vokasional malaysia (DVM)

sure i learnt math back in my diploma years but i don’t think my math level in diploma is near as SPM or STPM which makes me curious if i able to take Computer Science

Btw i’m interested in CS software engineering as it’s more easier than other CS (AI,DS,GD,Cybersecurity) i think?

what do you think? smile.gif
Let me help you tag limtenggen
zhishuen00 P
post Mar 3 2021, 02:25 AM

Probation
2 posts

Hello everyone, I have a question here.

If say, I fail Subject A this trimester and pass every other ones, will I be allowed to carry on with the next trimester while repeating subject A? I am supposed to take two MPUs and Professional Development if this information is of any importance.

Really don't wanna delay my graduation here. :/
TSHuman Nature
post Mar 3 2021, 07:42 AM

All Stars
21,231 posts

QUOTE(zhishuen00 @ Mar 3 2021, 02:25 AM)
Hello everyone, I have a question here.

If say, I fail Subject A this trimester and pass every other ones, will I be allowed to carry on with the next trimester while repeating subject A? I am supposed to take two MPUs and Professional Development if this information is of any importance.

Really don't wanna delay my graduation here. :/
Yes you may, provided that the subject is not a prerequisite subject for another subject taken on the same trimester, and that repeat subject is offered
limtenggen
post Mar 5 2021, 12:07 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

what do you think?

Below are my personal opinion, take it with a grain of salt

All of the major are difficult in their own perspective, but math subjects are compulsory for all IT degree courses, you cannot avoid studying it.
i remember correctly most subject for all IT degree student are same in year 1 and maybe first half of year 2

my idea is that if your taking IT as your degree, the university made math a compulsory subject in 1st year for very obvious reason, because you will need it in other related subjects in 2nd and 3rd year

I am not majoring in CS so i would not comment on that, but I never thought of learning something completely new could be easier.

You have prior knowledge about math, even u don't know how to solve it, at least u know where to go to find the steps to solve the solution, just pick up from there
that won't be hard. Its going to be hard if you are clueless on 80% of the thing

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

For me personally, its better to concentrate and study on the math question that you are not clear, worrying whether you can do it or not does not improve the situation.

Either way, i would like to say sorry in advance if i being too harsh on you.

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Mar 5 2021, 12:08 AM
Lotus511 P
post Mar 5 2021, 03:22 AM

Probation
18 posts

QUOTE(limtenggen @ Mar 5 2021, 12:07 AM)
Below are my personal opinion, take it with a grain of salt

All of the major are difficult in their own perspective, but math subjects are compulsory for all IT degree courses, you cannot avoid studying it.
i remember correctly most subject for all IT degree student are same in year 1 and maybe first half of year 2
my idea is that if your taking IT as your degree, the university made math a compulsory subject in 1st year for very obvious reason, because you will need it in other related subjects in 2nd and 3rd year

I am not majoring in CS so i would not comment on that, but I never thought of learning something completely new could be easier.

You have prior knowledge about math, even u don't know how to solve it, at least u know where to go to find the steps to solve the solution, just pick up from there
that won't be hard. Its going to be hard if you are clueless on 80% of the thing

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

For me personally, its better to concentrate and study on the math question that you are not clear, worrying whether you can do it or not does not improve the situation.

Either way, i would like to say sorry in advance if i being too harsh on you.
Hey man that’s okay

and thank you so much for the advise anyway i bought up 3 udemy course about IT/CS and also watch some fee youtube videos (CS50) I really hope that i can learn so much from it

I think i’m going to work harder than before because this is the only things that I love and nothing else smile.gif)

TSHuman Nature
post Mar 5 2021, 08:42 AM

All Stars
21,231 posts

QUOTE(Lotus511 @ Mar 5 2021, 03:22 AM)
Hey man that’s okay

and thank you so much for the advise anyway i bought up 3 udemy course about IT/CS and also watch some fee youtube videos (CS50) I really hope that i can learn so much from it

I think i’m going to work harder than before because this is the only things that I love and nothing else smile.gif)
Hope you are able to get some good input from the reply here. Are you joining MMU?

P/s Thanks @Limtenggen for sharing.

This post has been edited by Human Nature: Mar 5 2021, 08:42 AM
Lotus511 P
post Mar 6 2021, 12:34 AM

Probation
18 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Mar 5 2021, 08:42 AM)
Hope you are able to get some good input from the reply here. Are you joining MMU?
P/s Thanks @Limtenggen for sharing.
yes Absolutely!! smile.gif

TSHuman Nature
post Mar 6 2021, 01:05 AM

All Stars
21,231 posts

QUOTE(Lotus511 @ Mar 6 2021, 12:34 AM)
yes Absolutely!! smile.gif
Oh, welcome to MMU! Feel free to post here if you have any questions. As you can see, people are helpful.
zhishuen00 P
post Mar 10 2021, 07:48 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Mar 3 2021, 07:42 AM)
Yes you may, provided that the subject is not a prerequisite subject for another subject taken on the same trimester, and that repeat subject is offered
And if say, the subject is not offered in the next trimester, what happens when the third trimester comes where it is a then prerequisite for the subjects in the third trimester?
TSHuman Nature
post Mar 10 2021, 07:55 PM

All Stars
21,231 posts

QUOTE(zhishuen00 @ Mar 10 2021, 07:48 PM)
And if say, the subject is not offered in the next trimester, what happens when the third trimester comes where it is a then prerequisite for the subjects in the third trimester?
You cannot take the subject in the next trimester.

This post has been edited by Human Nature: Mar 10 2021, 07:57 PM
TSHuman Nature
post Mar 18 2021, 10:28 AM

All Stars
21,231 posts

For those who are interested to join MMU, you can find plenty of scholarship offers, virtual open days and information at MMU social media channels below.

FET FB
https://www.facebook.com/MMU.FET

MMU on Social Media
https://www.facebook.com/mmumalaysia
https://twitter.com/mmumalaysia
https://www.instagram.com/mmumalaysia

TSHuman Nature
post Mar 24 2021, 07:40 PM

All Stars
21,231 posts

MMU on TV3 Buletin Utama

derthvadar
post Mar 24 2021, 08:44 PM

(ง •̀_•́)ง
1,526 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Mar 24 2021, 07:40 PM)
MMU on TV3 Buletin Utama

flex.gif
mvndyche
post Mar 25 2021, 01:08 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Feb 11 2021, 02:16 AM)
What's in your mind? Anything that I can shed some light?
Just want to know more about the environment over there. Umm... But since it's cmco now, I think all of the classes will be remain online. Not a big deal for the environment I think? Haha sorry for late reply ya.
TSHuman Nature
post Mar 25 2021, 01:12 AM

All Stars
21,231 posts

QUOTE(mvndyche @ Mar 25 2021, 01:08 AM)
Just want to know more about the environment over there. Umm... But since it's cmco now, I think all of the classes will be remain online. Not a big deal for the environment I think? Haha sorry for late reply ya.
The campus is starting to welcome students back for the new trimester in less than 3 weeks time. Students can opt for face to face tutorial/labs/practical classes while lecture class still remain fully online.

No problem, just shoot any question that you have in mind and I will try to answer them.
mvndyche
post Mar 25 2021, 01:23 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Mar 25 2021, 02:12 AM)
The campus is starting to welcome  students back for the new trimester in less than 3 weeks time. Students can opt for face to face tutorial/labs/practical classes while lecture class still remain fully online.

No problem, just shoot any question that you have in mind and I will try to answer them.
Oh I see. Umm actually I haven't apply yet. Still thinking of it.. umm.. I'm more towards on the part time courses because I'm still working as full time. I saw there has alot of scholarship available as well.
Would like to get some feedback on the masters in IT courses.
TSHuman Nature
post Mar 25 2021, 01:39 AM

All Stars
21,231 posts

QUOTE(mvndyche @ Mar 25 2021, 01:23 AM)
Oh I see. Umm actually I haven't apply yet. Still thinking of it.. umm.. I'm more towards on the part time courses because I'm still working as full time. I saw there has alot of scholarship available as well.
Would like to get some feedback on the masters in IT courses.
Hmmm, I can't recall if we have anyone doing masters in IT here in this thread, plenty of IT undergrads though.
mvndyche
post Mar 25 2021, 05:17 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Mar 25 2021, 02:39 AM)
Hmmm, I can't recall if we have anyone doing masters in IT here in this thread, plenty of IT undergrads though.
Oh I see. Maybe can I get some feedback on the environment/culture and feedback on the lecturer?

Thanks.
TSHuman Nature
post Mar 25 2021, 05:32 PM

All Stars
21,231 posts

QUOTE(mvndyche @ Mar 25 2021, 05:17 PM)
Oh I see. Maybe can I get some feedback on the environment/culture and  feedback on the lecturer?
Thanks.
Okay, let's wait for the IT grads to chip in.

For your info, MMU will host its Virtual Open Day this 27-28 March.
If you are interested, click here to book your appointment slot:
https://www.mmu.edu.my/book-an-appointment/

95 Pages « < 90 91 92 93 94 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0280sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd June 2021 - 06:51 PM