Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University Multimedia University Thread V9, July Intake Promo & Scholarships at Pg1

views

limtenggen
post Aug 9 2017, 06:51 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

hey guys i want to ask the next intake is november right ? for undergraduate and foundation ?
limtenggen
post Aug 9 2017, 09:09 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Aug 9 2017, 06:57 PM)
Yes
before i came to this thread

i went to MMU website Enquire Now but i keep give me an error >>>Kindly select Level of Study.

Attached Image

then i go to this website and MMU Contact Us Now
fill in everything and it passed about 4 days and still no respond ....

which number should i call (melaka Campus) Admission Office or Academic Counseling and General Enquiries if i have something to ask ?

since i am a science stream STPM student
poor results CGPA 1.67 and math 1.0 unable to go University Awam cry.gif , what are the chances i would be accepted as a degree student (by experience ?)

i am planning to study Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) Artificial Intelligence in MMU but people tend to say that AI is the toughest IT field
can someone give me some insight of it ?

btw since i have poor result in STPM
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
i don't have high hope MMU would let me entering degree but still i would try

so if i didn't manage to enter degree would you guys recommend me going to the foundation route or diploma route ?

(forget about which Thread already ) Someone said that credit transfer is available for diploma students that further their studies in Degree but it varies ?

so it would be like

Degree (4)years [Ideal situation]

Foundation + Degree (1 + 4 ) years
diploma + Degree (2+3 ) years

and does MMU foundation cert have a expiry date ? like MUET cert ?

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Aug 9 2017, 10:05 PM
limtenggen
post Aug 16 2017, 05:39 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Aug 9 2017, 11:33 PM)
Hi, you may call the Admission Office directly. As for the chances of your application, there is always a chance as long as you meet the min requirement. So just wait for the outcome and hope for the best.

Credit transfer is available for diploma but it depends on factors such as grades, syllabus, etc. As far as I know, foundation cert is like your school cert, no expiry date.

Feel free to ask further questions, I shall try to answer or point you to the right direction.
QUOTE(hihichew @ Aug 12 2017, 04:56 PM)
Hello,
i have just graduated from MMU - IT (Security Tech) in this year.

If i'm not mistaken, stpm results which are below 2.0 are not allowed to enter degree courses in MMU,
you are required to either take the diploma route or foundation.

For diploma, you need 3Credits including (few subjects i can't remember) in SPM,
For Foundation, you need 5 Credits including (few subjects i can't remember) in SPM.

In MMU, iT courses are 3 years instead of 4 years.
So it's foundation + degree (1+3 years), not sure when they are going to change it to 4 years!

all the best
after some time i decided to give them all call and they told me i am not able to apply for degree course
i think i just have to apply for foundation/diploma after all

as your opinion as a graduate should i take Diploma or foundation
which is better ?

btw i will follow this method how to apply MMU programe
is there anything i should common mistake i should avoid ?

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Aug 16 2017, 05:39 PM
limtenggen
post Oct 12 2017, 03:33 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

hey guys i need some help ...

what should i do next ...

should i start looking for accommodation now ?

edit* should have checked my email long ago ....
missed the MMU Open Day October 2017 at 7 October 2017 ...

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Oct 12 2017, 03:36 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
limtenggen
post Oct 23 2017, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 12 2017, 05:24 PM)
yup, you may start looking. trimester 1 is ending soon...and then trimester 2

welcome to MMU by the way smile.gif
my dad told me to live in the hostel at first year since i don't know dont have friend or anyone so share a room with me

later on i can move out if someone wanted to share a room with me

but i can't find a way to apply for the hostel in campus maybe i misread something ?

should i pick a day go to MMU before 20th of November to move my luggage + paying the frees ?
or i should do it at 20th of November (registration day ?)

btw how much do i need to pay during registration ?
i know Admission fee is around 2.7k how about tution/study fees ?
just to make sure i bring enough cash since atm got withdraw limit icon_question.gif

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Oct 23 2017, 05:50 PM
limtenggen
post Oct 23 2017, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 23 2017, 06:08 PM)
Go through all the documents to see if there is anything on hostel application. Also, if I am not mistaken, you cannot pay tuition fee by cash. May I suggest you to call admission unit to ask all these questions as now is exam week and other students may not be able to reply.
alright then thx for the reply
limtenggen
post Oct 24 2017, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

i just realize i didn't get offer acceptance letter
no wonder i can't find anything about accommodation

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Oct 24 2017, 03:55 PM
limtenggen
post Oct 24 2017, 05:34 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

Human Nature
i search high and low and i only found out that MMU only have Cimb account

how do i use maybank2u to do bank transfer cry.gif
limtenggen
post Oct 24 2017, 09:10 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 24 2017, 08:08 PM)
No offer letter? It didn't reach you or your application is still being processed?
From maybank2u, click transfer -> new interbank fund transfer -> select CIMB and proceed from there
completed but i didn't get the email

my hotmail didn't get anything i even checked the junk mail
after i created a new gmail i told them to resend the email

and i got the mail lol cool2.gif

thx btw u really help me alot i could find that info anywhere
limtenggen
post Nov 13 2017, 07:11 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

guys 15-11-17 morning 9-11 is for registration right ?

since i have some problem with uploading my proof of payment i cannot proceed
(already call Admission Office multiple times hope it goes well )

i cannot proceed with Online Offer Acceptance but i payed the initial payment long ago and the Admission Office say it will be fine as long as i pay before 13 of November

since then i am too obsessed with this problem and i forgot to find accommodation

its it fine to find accommodation at 15 November , my dad will comes along with me during that day
or should i call Emerald Park or Ixora Apartment number and reserve a room ?

is the room pre cleaned ?

ps. i live in johor about 3.5 hr drive to reach melaka

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Nov 13 2017, 07:13 PM
limtenggen
post Nov 17 2017, 09:59 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

MMU orientation was so nice
all the senior are so hyped lol
Glad I went to MMU

limtenggen
post Nov 22 2017, 07:13 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

I just realized MMU wifi is kinda slow 😂
limtenggen
post Nov 22 2017, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(maxera @ Nov 22 2017, 09:22 PM)
It depends on time, situation and network disruption. sometimes can 100mbps easily.  brows.gif
in melaka campus i think the wifi speed is cappped at max most 5mbps ...
limtenggen
post Nov 24 2017, 07:16 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(derthvadar @ Nov 24 2017, 05:39 PM)
OpenWiFi

vmad.gif
sometime i wonder why Openwifi or wifi@unifi is faster than wifi@mmu student ranting.gif

i tot those which need password to access should be faster confused.gif

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Nov 24 2017, 07:17 PM
limtenggen
post Jan 2 2018, 11:53 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

finally they upgrade the wifi at mmu melaka campus sweat.gif
limtenggen
post May 7 2018, 12:39 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(NoobHacker @ May 6 2018, 03:33 PM)
Software Eng. here. I think you shouldn't decide first as you haven't learn the foundations of computer science, you might not have idea about what are those. My advice is ask lecturers what are those before you choose it. I heard mis-leading informations from seniors and even some of my friends picked the wrong one (not what they really liked).

So far the lecturers I met do not read slides. Some explains until you know. The current problem I met are more on not-so-straightforward slides than quality of lecture. Facilities wise, 1 of the lab is having i7 8700 16GB ram and nvme ssd, some are still upgrading. Lab internet speed is fast (Usually 100mbps, hardware limited) but wifi still needs improving, need login and those every time.

My specialization must understand what is it with practical example, else just plain memorizing words. Some lecturers are very deep researchers and might forgot we students do not understand what are the terms, in this case, you must ask, else you go home and don't understand what are those at all.

I don't think there are 'difficult subjects', it's all depend on a person. With new syllabus they are killing memorizing technique really hard, like you even need to explain to lecturers what you wrote to get attendance.
melaka campus ?
limtenggen
post Nov 8 2018, 09:37 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(WonderJaney @ Oct 29 2018, 09:06 PM)
Anyone in melaka campus using Digi line? How's the Internet speed? 4G or 3G?
i have no idea about Digi

But at EP and inside MMU

Celcom and Umobile is very very slow (free youtube 30GB 1 month only use around 4gb ) can't even stream 1080p or 720p vmad.gif

my friend uses maxis and he rarely complain(maybe he is picky no clue about that)

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Nov 8 2018, 09:38 PM
limtenggen
post Mar 19 2019, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(l.ukecas @ Mar 16 2019, 11:50 PM)
ok thanks for replies! will go to police station then, lucky got police station just few streets away from my house!

edit: i just went to the mmu counter on info day today and the person there simply wrote ctc on the copy and its an official certified true copy already? lol wtf
That really it I guess…
What are u expecting…

limtenggen
post Aug 24 2019, 03:44 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(MultiUniverse @ Aug 21 2019, 09:26 PM)
Hello guys, will be joining MMU Cyberjaya this November.

I'm looking for accommodation currently, too early I know but just surveying around first.

I guess the best ones around are The Arc and Cyberia Smarthomes. Which would the better choice in terms of comfort and environment?
Also are there any agents out there other than Aunty Jasmine in MMU's website? Their offer seems great but the rooms seems quite old and not renovated.

My current budget would be RM1k per mth for a single room (including wifi, electric bills etc.), but cheaper the better of course.
Too bad I am from melaka campus … can't help you much
limtenggen
post Sep 5 2019, 02:09 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(xts_lowyat @ Sep 4 2019, 12:45 AM)
Hi guys, I'm currently considering IT in MMU and hope that I can clear off my doubts here smile.gif))

1) What's information system about? I've looked up for this term and read about the core subjects shown at the MMU website but still unsure what is IS really about sweat.gif

2) How's IS in MMU cyberjaya? I heard that data communication and networking at MMU Melaka is disappointing but never heard of reviews on others. I'm still deciding whether to choose IS or business intelligence and analytics.

3) Which one teaches more on coding? IS or business intelligence and analytics? And what are the types of programming language that will be taught?

4) I did A-levels for my pre-u. So I'm wondering if maths in these two courses are anything similar to maths in A-levels? Or it's something totally different?

5) My dad is afraid that the uni that I'm going does not provide latest learning aids (like software and etc.). I would like to know how's learning aid in MMU so that I can convince my dad to let me do IT in MMU. He prefers me to do it in XMUM because he thinks XMUM is still considered new and things will be more updated but I think MMU is more known for IT courses than XMUM. So, I need evidence to convince him since I can't really find evidence online sweat.gif (or maybe I missed it unsure.gif)

Thanks in advance for spending time to read through my questions smile.gif Hope someone can help me through these notworthy.gif

*sorry for bad grammar too smile.gif
I think I will comment on q4 only

Q4
in 1st year math subject mostly would be the same (or something you learn before)
If you don't skip class and do the tutorial question You would be fine , I can't tell you much about 2nd year and 3rd year since me myself is still a 1st year student (almost 2nd year)
But yeah ,I fail my math in stpm (1.33cgpa if not mistaken)but now I can get 3.7 something in math , so I think you probably would be fine if u can pass A level

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0615sec    0.67    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:02 PM