Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University Multimedia University Thread V9, July Intake Promo & Scholarships at Pg1

views

Lotus511 P
post Nov 10 2020, 07:15 PM

Probation
20 posts

Hello MMU alumni

i have question pursuing my degree in MMU

I’m very interested in Computer Science AI (Artificial Intelligence) but i have 1 problem i’m bad at math i got an F in high school then i took diploma in EE and manage to get 3.34 gpa (i got C for my math in EE) for my diploma but i don’t have passion anymore in EE.

I’m very interested in Computer science AI and also Computer science Software Engineering and i being doing some research about both of it like 5 months like i’m really into it idc if i have to sit all day looking at computer in my future career.

So my question is am i manage to get a good grades in computer math (discrete math, calculus etc...) for my degree in CS i’m really want to learn it but i scare that i’ll be fail in the first sem because of math then my mara or ptptn kena tarik some more sad.gif

Lotus511 P
post Mar 2 2021, 02:04 AM

Probation
20 posts

but seems you are getting good grades in discrete math, calculus, i think you can be less stressful and easily allocate more time toward other subject which you don't have confidence in.

[/quote]

sorry for the late reply

i’m was not meant to said that i managed to get good grades for my in discrete math and calculus. I was meant to say that will i survive discrete math and calculus even if i work hard i mean sometimes this type of math is not for everyone but i really want to pursue this degree

Im sure everyone had a experience with calculus in SPM and STPM right? correct me if i’m wrong. I don’t take SPM btw i took diploma vokasional malaysia (DVM)

sure i learnt math back in my diploma years but i don’t think my math level in diploma is near as SPM or STPM which makes me curious if i able to take Computer Science

Btw i’m interested in CS software engineering as it’s more easier than other CS (AI,DS,GD,Cybersecurity) i think?

what do you think? smile.gif

Lotus511 P
post Mar 5 2021, 03:22 AM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(limtenggen @ Mar 5 2021, 12:07 AM)
Below are my personal opinion, take it with a grain of salt

All of the major are difficult in their own perspective, but math subjects are compulsory for all IT degree courses, you cannot avoid studying it.
i remember correctly most subject for all IT degree student are same in year 1 and maybe first half of year 2
my idea is that if your taking IT as your degree, the university made math a compulsory subject in 1st year for very obvious reason, because you will need it in other related subjects in 2nd and 3rd year

I am not majoring in CS so i would not comment on that, but I never thought of learning something completely new could be easier.

You have prior knowledge about math, even u don't know how to solve it, at least u know where to go to find the steps to solve the solution, just pick up from there
that won't be hard. Its going to be hard if you are clueless on 80% of the thing

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

For me personally, its better to concentrate and study on the math question that you are not clear, worrying whether you can do it or not does not improve the situation.

Either way, i would like to say sorry in advance if i being too harsh on you.
Hey man that’s okay

and thank you so much for the advise anyway i bought up 3 udemy course about IT/CS and also watch some fee youtube videos (CS50) I really hope that i can learn so much from it

I think i’m going to work harder than before because this is the only things that I love and nothing else smile.gif)

Lotus511 P
post Mar 6 2021, 12:34 AM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Mar 5 2021, 08:42 AM)
Hope you are able to get some good input from the reply here. Are you joining MMU?
P/s Thanks @Limtenggen for sharing.
yes Absolutely!! smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0519sec    0.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:56 PM