Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PLEASE BRING BACK VALIDITY 90 / VALIDITY 365, Please Maxis Hotlink

views

TSsillyboy
post Aug 7 2015, 11:35 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
99 posts

Hi all,

I have my #hotlink number with me about 2 years with quite a pretty number.
I am residing in oversea most of my time and return to Malaysia once or twice a year.
As much as I want to keep my number active, I need to recharge, keep an eye on it so it does not pass the line termination date.
Having said that, I need to set tons of reminder to myself, recharge the credit and keep the service stay active.

Unfortunate thing was I had purchased the SIM where Maxis/Hotlink started the #Hotlink plan.
I have contacted your customer service early this year and I have been advised I was NOT allowed to revert to any prior Hotlink Basic plan.
I understood the benefit of #Hotlink, having FREE Basic Internet (limited to 500MB, effective 23rd July 2015) during the Active periods.
But again, I do not live back home most of the time and IMO, your free internet is kinda useless and slow (speed limited to a maximum 64kbps).
I could not load any webpage when I landed at the airport, and I would preferred to subscribe to your 4G mobile internet plans.

I have been researching Maxis forum and Low Yat forum (refer to: https://forum.maxis.com.my/forum_topic.asp?...55&whichpage=7).
I can confirmed that there are thousand and thousand of people have been asking for Validity 90 or 365.
Early this year I have contacted Hotlink customer service, I've been told that Hotlink has upgraded to new menu and Validity 90/365 has been removed.

So, Maxis and Hotlink, can you please consider to bring back the Validity 90 or Validity 365 for ease of Hotlink users and myself with following facts:
1. I'm residing in oversea most of the time and hoping to keep the same old number whenever I return.
2. Keep myself stress free by reminding myself to reload every 30/60 days.
3. Free Internet during active period is pointless and useless to me (and most of the people), I would subscribe to Mobile Internet package every time.
4. RM33.00 for Validity 365 is provided upfront to your company and customer gets the benefit. It's a WIN-WIN situation.
5. Having my number active for 365 days will keep yourself from recycling/reuse the numbers less often, eg: less work for you guys.

Please do not offer me to opt in for Maxis plan and freeze my account until I return home.
I do not want to increase my burden to maintain a Maxis account in oversea.

Many thanks!
Sam

============ SOLUTION============
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

******** Updated 27th October 2016 ********
Sorry guys, have not been logged into LYN for sometime.
Here are some info you should know in order to get your validity 90/365:
- Validity 90/365 is NOT available for #Hotlink and FAST plans (FAST plan offered validity when they started but Hotlink decided to cease it a few months later)
- Once you opted out of FAST plan you will no longer enjoy their mobile internet benefits

I'm helping out #Hotlink admin here due to high demand of users seeking for Validity 90/365
Please PM #Hotlink admin with the following details:

1. Full name
2. NRIC/passport whichever is applicable
3. Mobile number for the request
4. Alternate mobile number
5. Reason for the request

Happy for anyone to bump or discuss issue in this thread. Cheers!

This post has been edited by sillyboy: Oct 26 2016, 10:38 PM
money6136
post Aug 7 2015, 02:30 PM

2 posts

You have my support.. Very troublesome to top up every 30 days.
#Hotlink
post Aug 7 2015, 08:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(sillyboy @ Aug 7 2015, 11:35 AM)
Hi all,

I have my #hotlink number with me for around 2 years with a pretty good number.
I am residing in oversea most of my time and return home once or twice a year.
As much as I want to keep my number active, I need to reload, keep an eye on it so it does not pass the termination date.
Having say that, I need to set reminders to myself, reloading and keep the line stay active.

Unfortunate thing was I have purchased this SIM where Maxis/Hotlink started the #Hotlink plan.
There was no way I could have it converted back to old/traditional Hotlink plan.
I understand the benefit of #Hotlink, having free internet while the number is kept active.
But again, I do not live back home most time and TBH, the free internet is kinda useless.
I can't open a single web page when I arrived at airport, and I would usually prefer to subscribe to faster mobile internet plan when I back home.

I have been researching Maxis forum and Low Yat forum.
I can confirmed that there are thousand and thousand of people have been asking for Validity 90 or 365.
Early this year I have contacted Hotlink customer service and I was told that Hotlink has upgraded to new menu and thus Validity 90/365 has been opted out for new plan.

So, Maxis and Hotlink, can you please consider to bring back the Validity 90 or Validity 365 for ease of Hotlink users and myself with following facts:
1. I'm residing in oversea most time and wish to keep the same number when I return home every time.
2. Keep myself stress free by reminding myself to reload every 30/60 days.
3. Free Internet with active line is pointless and useless to me (and most of the people) providing I subscribe to Mobile Internet package every time.
4. RM33.00 for Validity 365 is provided upfront to your company and customer gets the benefit. It's a WIN-WIN situation.
5. Having my number active for 365 days will keep yourself from recycling/reuse the numbers more often, eg: less work for you guys.

Please do not offer me to sign up plan with Maxis and freeze my account until I return home.
I have nobody to maintain that Maxis account.

Many thanks!
Sam
Hi sillyboy,

Firstly, we would like to apologize for such delay in responding to your inquiry.

Secondly, indeed what you have been advised is accurate as the Validity 90/365 doesn't apply to #Hotlink (latest prepaid plan) as stated in FAQ (http://goo.gl/m5htrX). We are sorry that it has caused such inconvenience experience occurred.

Nevertheless, we shall channel your feedback pertaining this matter to our relevant team.

Thank you

n8210
post Aug 7 2015, 08:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

nice... hotlink replied.
there's celcom and DG with 365 days validity offer
my44
post Aug 14 2015, 02:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,253 posts

If maxis refuses to budge with regarding to allowing 365 for #hotlink users, I guess the only way is to go to their competitor.

Quite waste of money to maintain balance / topup when I won't use it when in overseas for 6 months.
oneeleven
post Aug 18 2015, 12:23 AM

Regular
1,515 posts

QUOTE(n8210 @ Aug 7 2015, 08:58 PM)
nice... hotlink replied.
there's celcom and DG with 365 days validity offer
Celcom had an inexpensive 2 year plan, I think still does.

You might consider buying a handful of Rm5 topup slips and using a calendar date app to remind you when the number is about to expire. Maybe the IFF app can do it automatically with a recipe.
TSsillyboy
post Aug 18 2015, 04:29 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(my44 @ Aug 14 2015, 02:37 PM)
If maxis refuses to budge with regarding to allowing 365 for #hotlink users, I guess the only way is to go to their competitor.

Quite waste of money to maintain balance / topup when I won't use it when in overseas for 6 months.
Well. I assume it's pay in advance.
Balance still can be used once I return home.
But it's a gamble... If you forgotten to reload on time, you lose all your bet (credit).
TSsillyboy
post Aug 18 2015, 04:34 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(oneeleven @ Aug 18 2015, 12:23 AM)
Celcom had an inexpensive 2 year plan, I think still does.

You might consider buying a handful of Rm5 topup slips and using a calendar date app to remind you when the number is about to expire. Maybe the IFF app can do it automatically with a recipe.
Great! If competitors offer such thing.
I definitely do not mind switching, provided I can carry my number to other operator.
Does cell phone operators offer such thing back home?

Buying tons of RM5 top buy card? Wasting my time seriously. I reload RM60 will last me 60+55 days before the line is terminated. So overall, I need to do this about 4 times a year.

oneeleven
post Aug 18 2015, 06:17 PM

Regular
1,515 posts

QUOTE(sillyboy @ Aug 18 2015, 04:34 PM)
Great! If competitors offer such thing.
I definitely do not mind switching, provided I can carry my number to other operator.
Does cell phone operators offer such thing back home?

Buying tons of RM5 top buy card? Wasting my time seriously. I reload RM60 will last me 60+55 days before the line is terminated. So overall, I need to do this about 4 times a year.
I too was pissed off when switched to new Hotlink and couldn't get the old 365.

Have you confirmed the termination period (115 days) to be sure? Wouldn't 8 x Rm5 be the same? Enter all numbers into an automated app like "IFF"

The Celcom plan might have one condition such as minimum Rm30 top up within 1st 6 mo. Need to check.

This post has been edited by oneeleven: Aug 18 2015, 06:21 PM
TSsillyboy
post Aug 18 2015, 11:37 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(oneeleven @ Aug 18 2015, 06:17 PM)
I too was pissed off when switched to new Hotlink and couldn't get the old 365.

Have you confirmed the termination period (115 days) to be sure?      Wouldn't 8 x Rm5 be the same? Enter all numbers into an automated app like "IFF"

The Celcom plan might have one condition such as minimum Rm30 top up within 1st 6 mo. Need to check.
Sorry, my mistake. 55 days was just something pulled out from my brain.
It's actually 50 days after checking with Hotlink's FAQ.
So all up is 60+50 = 110 days for RM60 top up.

Let's take it off topic for competitor products since this is #Hotlink threads.
DYOR.

#Hotlink, please respond our queries about Validity 90 or 365 as soon as you have an answer.
I'm sure this option is DEFINITELY HIGH IN DEMAND.
#Hotlink
post Aug 19 2015, 02:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(sillyboy @ Aug 18 2015, 11:37 PM)
Sorry, my mistake. 55 days was just something pulled out from my brain.
It's actually 50 days after checking with Hotlink's FAQ.
So all up is 60+50 = 110 days for RM60 top up.

Let's take it off topic for competitor products since this is #Hotlink threads.
DYOR.

#Hotlink, please respond our queries about Validity 90 or 365 as soon as you have an answer.
I'm sure this option is DEFINITELY HIGH IN DEMAND.
--PMed--
SUSLVL1NiNjA
post Aug 20 2015, 06:43 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

#Hotlink, I am currently working in Singapore. I will only be back few times per year to Malaysia. I would like to keep my old number as I still have contacts living in Malaysia.

The only viable solution is to topup monthly just to keep it active. Any other solution?
#Hotlink
post Aug 21 2015, 10:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(LVL1NiNjA @ Aug 20 2015, 06:43 PM)
#Hotlink, I am currently working in Singapore. I will only be back few times per year to Malaysia. I would like to keep my old number as I still have contacts living in Malaysia.

The only viable solution is to topup monthly just to keep it active. Any other solution?
Hi,

Please be advised that it is not necessary for you to top up every month to keep your line active.
You can top up a few days before the line expired. E.g Expired Date is 31/08/15 and maybe you can top up on 28 or 29 Aug.

TQ
TSsillyboy
post Aug 21 2015, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

Thanks #Hotlink.
Finally, after dragging this issue for couple of months, originally started at:
https://forum.maxis.com.my/forum_topic.asp?...755&whichpage=7

#Hotlink managed to revert my #Hotlink plan to BAGUS WM plan for the ease to subscribe to Validity 90 or 365.
Thanks for your assistance.

This post has been edited by sillyboy: Aug 21 2015, 01:12 PM
typicalyssa
post Aug 23 2015, 02:47 PM

46 posts

Hi,

I bought a #Hotlink number for my old disabled uncle.

I thought we could use the Validity 365 plan for him because he rarely make calls, but we need to keep the number active so that we could contact each other if there's any emergency.

But sadly, I was disappointed to find out after buying the number that there's no way to revert to the old plans or subscribe to Validity 365. Really hope #Hotlink can help me.

Thanks.
#Hotlink
post Aug 23 2015, 03:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(typicalyssa @ Aug 23 2015, 02:47 PM)
Hi,

I bought a #Hotlink number for my old disabled uncle.

I thought we could use the Validity 365 plan for him because he rarely make calls, but we need to keep the number active so that we could contact each other if there's any emergency.

But sadly, I was disappointed to find out after buying the number that there's no way to revert to the old plans or subscribe to Validity 365. Really hope #Hotlink can help me.

Thanks.
-PMed-
toonny
post Aug 26 2015, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

QUOTE(#Hotlink @ Aug 23 2015, 03:20 PM)
-PMed-
Hi, can you please PM me as well? My GF was oversea and I am helping to reload to keep the number alive. Previously we both are from Maxis SurfMore package and due to she work oversea now therefore we switched to prepaid. We decided to change to prepaid plan and though of using the 365 plan.

End up was told this plan was not eligible for new Hotlink plan. Could you please help? What info should I provide..??

Many thanks.
#Hotlink
post Aug 26 2015, 04:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(toonny @ Aug 26 2015, 03:26 PM)
Hi, can you please PM me as well? My GF was oversea and I am helping to reload to keep the number alive. Previously we both are from Maxis SurfMore package and due to she work oversea now therefore we switched to prepaid. We decided to change to prepaid plan and though of using the 365 plan.

End up was told this plan was not eligible for new Hotlink plan. Could you please help? What info should I provide..??

Many thanks.
Hi toonny,

Kindly be informed that customer newly transfer from postpaid to prepaid can only subscribe to rateplan #Hotlink, and validity 365 is not available for rateplan #Hotlink. We are sorry all for inconvenience caused.

Thank you

This post has been edited by #Hotlink: Aug 26 2015, 04:51 PM
TSsillyboy
post Aug 27 2015, 10:59 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(#Hotlink @ Aug 26 2015, 04:51 PM)
Hi toonny,

Kindly be informed that customer newly transfer from postpaid to prepaid can only subscribe to rateplan #Hotlink, and validity 365 is not available for rateplan #Hotlink. We are sorry all for inconvenience caused.

Thank you
Hi Hotlink, this is the question.
Why not you guys change the #100* menu to allow user to change plan other than #Hotlink?
This option was available in previous *100# menu.

I'm sure everyone understand #Hotlink is not able to subscribe for Validity plan 90/365, but there is no a way we can personally change to older plan nor subscribe to validity.
We need the option to revert to older plan for people who does not prefer #Hotlink plan, as simple as that.

Can you imagine how much toonny needs to do to keep his gf's number active?
Imagine all your family, friends, uncles, aunties, buddies, everyone saved your number in their phone book, pick up and call the number you always had and is connected to somebody else (erm... a newly arrived foreign Bangladesh worker??)
Imagine that your contact number is provided to others in event of emergency?
Imagine that your contact number is provided to your bank or financial hub for TAC request code and etc?

It's so important to keep a number active all times especially for people like us residing in oversea and be back home once in a while.
Please Hotlink, please stand on your customer's shoe and listen to your customer's opinion/demand.

Thank you.

This post has been edited by sillyboy: Aug 27 2015, 11:17 AM
cucubud
post Aug 27 2015, 12:47 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(#Hotlink @ Aug 26 2015, 04:51 PM)
Hi toonny,

Thank you
Look like Hotlink is driving their customers away.
Sorry to say, with this inconvenience, I will port my number to Digi Prepaid where I can subscribe to the 365 plan.
Afterall the number still stick to me.

43 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0258sec    0.88    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:57 AM