Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New Unifi IPTV Box - Huawei EC6108V8, Need some help on configuration and tips

views

cucubud
post Jan 19 2018, 02:12 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(kayroll @ Jan 19 2018, 08:36 AM)
I cant view WB tv also. Don't know why. Just a few channel can view in hypp everywhere@unify play tv.
I can watch all the channels as the STB except Fox Crime.
hayelali
post Jan 23 2018, 06:45 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(Rainings @ Nov 28 2017, 09:55 PM)
damn i get the same result, serial disabled.
need to find way to enable the serial.
user posted image
any finding from u so far?
the best way is to flash nand . try to flash it by magnet 4 to 10 times
then every thing will be delete it

hayelali
post Jan 23 2018, 07:14 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(hayelali @ Jan 23 2018, 06:45 PM)
the best way is to flash nand . try to flash it by magnet 4 to 10 times
then every thing will be delete it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuR9wHkQkmU
check this out
minik
post Jan 24 2018, 11:30 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(hayelali @ Jan 23 2018, 07:14 PM)
Have you try this?
hayelali
post Jan 24 2018, 12:14 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(minik @ Jan 24 2018, 11:30 AM)
Have you try this?
i try it on some chips but it is burnt already . device damage
minik
post Jan 25 2018, 12:09 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(hayelali @ Jan 24 2018, 12:14 PM)
i try it on some chips but it is burnt already . device damage
good try, but the box die. People who is expert in repairing hardware of pc, laptop or phone might know how to hack.
neocyke
post Feb 1 2018, 03:38 PM

16 posts

Yesterday a friend of mine passed me his hypptv stb to look at. apprently this has the updated fw without playstore, has forced updates and various other blocks. after spending a couple of hours looking at it, finally got ES and playstore installed and also enabled adb on it. That's the good news. You can install apps on it using just apks.

Bad news is, playstore don't work. I may be looking at it wrong since this was done ard 4am this morning but installing just the apk is not enough. Looks like may need to install gapps via recovery instead. Gonna have to do some more experimenting later tonight.

Oh, and to install apps on the blardy thing, apparently all you need is a keyboard. usb, air mouse, wireless, whichever. Getting apks to install was so deceptively simple, it turned into a huge facepalm moment. doh.gif

..And you will end up with "unclearable" notification icons..

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
voncrane
post Feb 1 2018, 05:26 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(neocyke @ Feb 1 2018, 03:38 PM)
Yesterday a friend of mine passed me his hypptv stb to look at. apprently this has the updated fw without playstore, has forced updates and various other blocks. after spending a couple of hours looking at it, finally got ES and playstore installed and also enabled adb on it. That's the good news. You can install apps on it using just apks.

Bad news is, playstore don't work. I may be looking at it wrong since this was done ard 4am this morning but installing just the apk is not enough. Looks like may need to install gapps via recovery instead. Gonna have to do some more experimenting later tonight.

Oh, and to install apps on the blardy thing, apparently all you need is a keyboard. usb, air mouse, wireless, whichever. Getting apks to install was so deceptively simple, it turned into a huge facepalm moment.  doh.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Interesting.. When I get back, will check if the software info matches mine.. For the lulz.
minik
post Feb 1 2018, 07:14 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(neocyke @ Feb 1 2018, 03:38 PM)

Oh, and to install apps on the blardy thing, apparently all you need is a keyboard. usb, air mouse, wireless, whichever. Getting apks to install was so deceptively simple, it turned into a huge facepalm moment.  doh.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
How you install ES and playstore?
ccgoay
post Feb 1 2018, 08:06 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

Software Version with "LMYT" is not updatd, you need to get update.zip through recovery mode update to regain playstore work!
Software version with "SPC" then is block all update feature!
neocyke
post Feb 1 2018, 11:13 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(minik @ Feb 1 2018, 07:14 PM)
How you install ES and playstore?
It's actually quite simple. You will need a keyboard and mouse. Usb or airmouse one.
- Use the browser and go download the apk you want to install. Sites like apkpure or apkmirror work best.
- Try to download as usual until you get the "Sorry" error.
- On the page you're on should be a link for failed downloads.
- Use mouse and long click on it.
- On the menu that appears choose Save link. You should see Starting download appear briefly on screen.
- Now, using the keyboard hit Ctrl+J and you will get the stock droid Download Manager.
- Wait for download to finish and click on whatever it is you downloaded.
- A familiar app install window should appear. Rest should be self explanatory.
Rinse and repeat.

Do note that installing just the playstore apk doesn't do jack. It won't open. Working on figuring that one out..

QUOTE(ccgoay @ Feb 1 2018, 08:06 PM)
Software Version with "LMYT" is not updatd, you need to get update.zip through recovery mode update to regain playstore work!
Software version with "SPC" then is block all update feature!
Hmmm. Then that update.zip might be gapps along with some other hypptv stuff. Gonna need to get one to test after rooting this box and replacing the recovery.img.. Thanks bro.
minik
post Feb 1 2018, 11:38 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(neocyke @ Feb 1 2018, 11:13 PM)
It's actually quite simple. You will need a keyboard and mouse. Usb or airmouse one.
- Use the browser and go download the apk you want to install. Sites like apkpure or apkmirror work best.
- On the menu that appears choose Save link. You should see Starting download appear briefly on screen.
- Now, using the keyboard hit Ctrl+J and you will get the stock droid Download Manager.
Rinse and repeat.

Do note that installing just the playstore apk doesn't do jack. It won't open. Working on figuring that one out..
Hmmm. Then that update.zip might be gapps along with some other hypptv stuff. Gonna need to get one to test after rooting this box and replacing the recovery.img.. Thanks bro.
Wow, never think of this ways. I will try this later, thanks friend.

This post has been edited by minik: Feb 2 2018, 09:46 AM
minik
post Feb 2 2018, 09:46 AM

0 posts

Rinse and repeat.

Thanks friend, it works.
neocyke
post Feb 2 2018, 11:04 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(minik @ Feb 2 2018, 09:46 AM)
Thanks friend, it works.
No probs dude. Like I said, deceptively simple.
Btw, did you facepalm yourself after doing it? LoLs.
minik
post Feb 2 2018, 05:24 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(neocyke @ Feb 2 2018, 11:04 AM)
No probs dude. Like I said, deceptively simple.
Btw, did you facepalm yourself after doing it? LoLs.
bangwall.gif bangwall.gif Yes, really simple but never thought of this before.
Many people will take this chance to make money, but you share what you found. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
voncrane
post Feb 2 2018, 11:11 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Rinse and repeat.

Blimey... That was so simple.. It actually works. Oh also, if you've installed ES File Explorer, you can use it's download manager instead of the browser's.. Brilliant!! rclxms.gif rclxms.gif notworthy.gif
neocyke
post Feb 3 2018, 04:08 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(minik @ Feb 2 2018, 05:24 PM)
bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif Yes, really simple but never thought of this before. 
Many people will take this chance to make money, but you share what you found. notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif 
thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
Why keep the info when so many peeps are having the same problem. We're all in it together mah.

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 2 2018, 11:11 PM)
Blimey... That was so simple.. It actually works. Oh also, if you've installed ES File Explorer, you can use it's download manager instead of the browser's.. Brilliant!!  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  notworthy.gif
Well, there's also other stuff you should do once you get ES on. Namely enabling adb debugging in case TM tries to be funny again. I'll post the steps later on once I get around to it. icon_rolleyes.gif
SUSscng22
post Feb 3 2018, 04:13 PM

31 posts

Work fine. Good work. I gothypptv everywhere andastro go install.

hayelali
post Feb 3 2018, 04:40 PM

17 posts

kingroot now
ffxmadman
post Feb 3 2018, 05:03 PM

17 posts

Great! I using NewPipe app now to watch YouTube. YouTube won't work without Google Play services.

What other apps would u all suggest us to try? Other than hypptv and astro go. Kodi unfortunately don't work for Android 4.4 damn

Edit: YouTube TV 1.2.7 ARM Works well. no need Google play services, the newer versions need Android Lollipop while 1.3 and above has some issues with displaying videos as tiles

This post has been edited by ffxmadman: Feb 3 2018, 05:30 PM

177 Pages « < 142 143 144 145 146 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:57 PM