Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What to do in an accident in Malaysia, Everything about m/vehicle insurance

tagz8
post Jul 29 2015, 01:23 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(loui @ Jul 29 2015, 11:12 AM)
can't really advise you on this as you know best by doing the calculation

anyway windscreen coverage is a separate insurance where NCD is not applicable to it

windscreen premium is 15% of the amount insured

example you insured RM500 for windscreen, you need to pay RM75
Thanks man. Just found out that most sell only third party + fire + theft. It's mainly bought for cars that exceed 15 yrs of age. Most don't sell strictly third party anymore. The price would round up to be only slighty cheaper than comprehensive, probably about 5 percentage points difference.

For minimum RM12,000 coverage for a 2005 car, P&O quoted (estimate) me about RM530+ for third party + fire + theft, and RM570+ for comprehensive. I suppose these figures are before GST & other charges, after which should come up to about 570+ and 600+ respectively I guess.

Was told by ACE that third party can only be bought via Pos M'sia, with the underwriters being UniAsia (now Liberty) and Multipurpose.

So I'll be going to Liberty later near Maju Junction and check if I can buy. Will update on the rates. Oh and can't add on windscreen coverage to third party.

Update: Got myself the 3rd party insurance from Liberty at approx. RM310 nett. thumbup.gif Downside is not allowed to purchase windscreen cover.

This post has been edited by tagz8: Jul 29 2015, 04:56 PM
spreeeee
post Oct 27 2015, 02:57 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
Group: Senior Member

any source for apply online "3rd party" cover?
spreeeee
post Oct 27 2015, 02:58 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦

QUOTE(tagz8 @ Jul 29 2015, 01:23 PM)
Thanks man. Just found out that most sell only third party + fire + theft. It's mainly bought for cars that exceed 15 yrs of age. Most don't sell strictly third party anymore. The price would round up to be only slighty cheaper than comprehensive, probably about 5 percentage points difference.

For minimum RM12,000 coverage for a 2005 car, P&O quoted (estimate) me about RM530+ for third party + fire + theft, and RM570+ for comprehensive. I suppose these figures are before GST & other charges, after which should come up to about 570+ and 600+ respectively I guess.

Was told by ACE that third party can only be bought via Pos M'sia, with the underwriters being UniAsia (now Liberty) and Multipurpose.

So I'll be going to Liberty later near Maju Junction and check if I can buy. Will update on the rates.  Oh and can't add on windscreen coverage to third party.

Update: Got myself the 3rd party insurance from Liberty at approx. RM310 nett.  thumbup.gif Downside is not allowed to purchase windscreen cover.
where u apply the 3rd party cover?
tagz8
post Oct 27 2015, 03:01 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Oct 27 2015, 02:58 PM)
where u apply the 3rd party cover?
I got mine from Liberty Insurance as it was near the monorail station. If I'm not mistaken another one is Multi Purpose Insurance.
spreeeee
post Oct 27 2015, 03:03 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦

no online apply available?
loui
post Oct 27 2015, 03:08 PM

Casual

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Oct 27 2015, 02:57 PM)
any source for apply online "3rd party" cover?
nope

all the insurance company stop doing 3rd party policy online

you can either
1. go personally to their office to buy
2. get agent to do for you
3. buy it in pos office

spreeeee
post Oct 27 2015, 03:20 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦

QUOTE(loui @ Oct 27 2015, 03:08 PM)
nope

all the insurance company stop doing 3rd party policy online

you can either
1. go personally to their office to buy
2. get agent to do for you
3. buy it in pos office
thanks!
faridr
post Oct 28 2015, 01:05 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(loui @ Apr 10 2015, 04:49 PM)

Q : Will I be compensate for the period which my vehicle is in midst of repairing
A: You can do it provided you claim through TPPD method. It is term as "loss of use". Amount is base on the type of vehicles & engine capacity. Note that period of compensation starts from the day the insurance company's appointed adjuster confirm the damage till the day of the vehicle has been fully repair.

[attachmentid=4438144]

Q : I am not satisfied with the offer for "loss of use". What can I do?
A : The amount & duration stated above are merely a guideline from PIAM. Hence it is no legally binding to insured/you. To enable you to claim more, you have to rent a car from a registered car rental company. Only receipt from registered car rental company will be entertain. Or alternatively, if you have file your case in court, get your lawyer to argue for you. Sometimes judge might allowed if you managed to convince him.

Regarding the "loss of use" , do I need to inform the insurance company that I'm claiming from before proceeding with renting a car? Or how would I proceed with this? Desperately need car for work.
Someone decided phone is more important when driving at 80km/h and bang my car. Currently nothing is being done after 2 weeks in workshop. Been using sister car, which is quite troublesome as my dad has to drop her and pick her up due to my work location and timing.
loui
post Oct 28 2015, 09:05 AM

Casual

QUOTE(faridr @ Oct 28 2015, 01:05 AM)
Regarding the "loss of use" , do I need to inform the insurance company that I'm claiming from before proceeding with renting a car? Or how would I proceed with this? Desperately need car for work.
Someone decided phone is more important when driving at 80km/h and bang my car. Currently nothing is being done after 2 weeks in workshop. Been using sister car, which is quite troublesome as my dad has to drop her and pick her up due to my work location and timing.
so I assume you are initiating the claim through TPPD rather then OD-KFK or OD

note that you can only claim for loss of use if you are doing a TPPD claim

you don't have to inform the insurance company in advance

but my suggestion is that you gradually pass them the rental slip, maybe like once in 2 weeks time

don't give the original one

make sure you pass all of the copies receipts before accepting their offer

once you accept the offer, you are deemed as accepting the loss of use compensation as well
spreeeee
post Nov 6 2015, 04:14 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦

is 3rd party auto insurance normally cheaper than the comprehensive one?
loui
post Nov 6 2015, 05:17 PM

Casual

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Nov 6 2015, 04:14 PM)
is 3rd party auto insurance normally cheaper than the comprehensive one?
yup

at least by half
gana2056
post Nov 19 2015, 10:54 AM

Getting Started

superb info. bump for you!
feverboyboy
post Dec 3 2015, 03:57 PM

Getting Started

follow
hafizhans
post Dec 29 2015, 03:01 PM

haa..ahnn..ahnn..aduii

bookmark.
nice info!
TQ TS
post Mar 25 2016, 08:05 PM

Casual

Does all the mentioned Q&A applies the same even though if the accident is between a motorcar and motorcycle? Assuming any one of the party is at fault.
loui
post Mar 26 2016, 10:22 AM

Casual

QUOTE(11768 @ Mar 25 2016, 08:05 PM)
Does all the mentioned Q&A applies the same even though if the accident is between a motorcar and motorcycle? Assuming any one of the party is at fault.
Yup, everything the same if the policeman strictly following the law/act/rules

however, too bad, Malaysia's policeman doesn't
Zhao
post Apr 8 2016, 11:01 PM

Regular

loui just wondering. last wednesday i had an accident with a van. got kissed on my bump behind. both parties made police report.

is it normal for police investigation takes 10days, or do i have to boost their performance by offering something?
how do i proceed with third party claim?
i dont have any details of the van because its a security van, and they doesnt want to disclose any detail with me. only have the van no plate.

thanks.

loui
post Apr 9 2016, 12:35 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Zhao @ Apr 8 2016, 11:01 PM)
loui just wondering. last wednesday i had an accident with a van. got kissed on my bump behind. both parties made police report.

is it normal for police investigation takes 10days, or do i have to boost their performance by offering something?
how do i proceed with third party claim?
i dont have any details of the van because its a security van, and they doesnt  want to disclose any detail with me. only have the van no plate.

thanks.
There is no standard time for police to complete the investigation

Some takes years, some decide on spot

Just send your car to panel workshop and tell them you want to fix it under od-kfk

Workshop fella will do from there
Zhao
post Apr 9 2016, 12:45 AM

Regular

QUOTE(loui @ Apr 9 2016, 12:35 AM)
There is no standard time for police to complete the investigation

Some takes years, some decide on spot

Just send your car to panel workshop and tell them you want to fix it under od-kfk

Workshop fella will do from there
panel workshop as in my insurance panel or the other party insurance panel workshop?
oo i should had engaged some foreman to quicken the process instead mega_shok.gif
loui
post Apr 9 2016, 10:03 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Zhao @ Apr 9 2016, 12:45 AM)
panel workshop as in my insurance panel or the other party insurance panel workshop?
oo i should had engaged some foreman to quicken the process instead mega_shok.gif
Panel workshop from your insurance

If you send to non panel workshop, the claim will be tedious and insurance might not pay for you

18 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0840sec    4.05    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 03:07 AM