Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What to do in an accident in Malaysia, Everything about m/vehicle insurance

views

faridr
post Oct 28 2015, 01:05 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Apr 10 2015, 04:49 PM)

Q : Will I be compensate for the period which my vehicle is in midst of repairing
A: You can do it provided you claim through TPPD method. It is term as "loss of use". Amount is base on the type of vehicles & engine capacity. Note that period of compensation starts from the day the insurance company's appointed adjuster confirm the damage till the day of the vehicle has been fully repair.

[attachmentid=4438144]

Q : I am not satisfied with the offer for "loss of use". What can I do?
A : The amount & duration stated above are merely a guideline from PIAM. Hence it is no legally binding to insured/you. To enable you to claim more, you have to rent a car from a registered car rental company. Only receipt from registered car rental company will be entertain. Or alternatively, if you have file your case in court, get your lawyer to argue for you. Sometimes judge might allowed if you managed to convince him.

Regarding the "loss of use" , do I need to inform the insurance company that I'm claiming from before proceeding with renting a car? Or how would I proceed with this? Desperately need car for work.
Someone decided phone is more important when driving at 80km/h and bang my car. Currently nothing is being done after 2 weeks in workshop. Been using sister car, which is quite troublesome as my dad has to drop her and pick her up due to my work location and timing.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0295sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:58 PM