Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> MISSION Owners Thread, Speakers (Home Theatre)

views

loon1031
post Apr 18 2016, 09:04 AM

Photography, ICE, Die Cast & Gundam Crazy
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(tarapapa @ Apr 17 2016, 04:15 PM)
This is my current setup right now. Still using Sony rear speakers for surround. Don't have budget yet to change to Mission.

[attachmentid=6402349]

My room has limited space. So, have to place the sub and front speakers like that.
Do you feel boomy as the sub near the wall & Speaker port (back side) too near wall too.
sonerin
post Apr 18 2016, 11:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(loon1031 @ Apr 18 2016, 09:04 AM)
Do you feel boomy as the sub near the wall & Speaker port (back side) too near wall too.
Rear ported speaker need to have like 1 feet away from wall
TStarapapa
post Apr 19 2016, 08:04 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(loon1031 @ Apr 18 2016, 09:04 AM)
Not so boomy. I just use the ACCUEQ calibration that comes with Onkyo to ensure the sound is just right. Although this calibration tool not so accurate. It suits my ears. The Sub volume i adjust manually.

I prefer a bigger room but living in a condo, this is what i can do with what i have. This is actually my man cave. The living room is just to watch Astro and for guests.
sonerin
post Apr 19 2016, 09:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(tarapapa @ Apr 17 2016, 04:15 PM)
This is my current setup right now. Still using Sony rear speakers for surround. Don't have budget yet to change to Mission.

[attachmentid=6402349]

My room has limited space. So, have to place the sub and front speakers like that.
Your sub can move to other location as sub can be place almost anywhere the sound from sub is non directional
TStarapapa
post Apr 20 2016, 01:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sonerin @ Apr 19 2016, 09:54 PM)
Your sub can move to other location as sub can be place almost anywhere the sound from sub is non directional
I was thinking of putting teh sub at the back of my room but the cable not long enough. Hmm.. if only i have more money
alvinfks78
post May 3 2017, 02:45 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(widget @ Apr 7 2015, 09:13 PM)
I have a 20-year old Mission 753 with a pair of Arcam Delta 290/290P collecting dust inside my store room. Bought the speakers and amp in 95 when I was a student in the UK.
Last time Missions speakers were quite popular among Malaysian students studying in the UK.

Any idea if there is any hifi shops in KL that can resurrect these old speakers to new lease of life?
I know of a hifi shop in SG that can modify the 753 by chnaging the capacitors, cross-overs and internal wiring to keep the sound "up to date" with the competition.
Hey WTA did you manage to fix your mission 753. Where?

I got a pair of mission 753 with one side missing tweeter.
loka1282
post Aug 8 2017, 08:48 PM

Am going to share some really good pictures of Mission series speakers. Enjoy every one!!

Mission MX 6 Floor Standing Speaker

Mission SX-2 Bookshelf Speaker

Photo credit goes to www.cmy.com.my

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
penmarker
post Aug 9 2017, 10:36 AM

Regular

QUOTE(alvinfks78 @ May 3 2017, 02:45 PM)
Hey WTA did you manage to fix your mission 753. Where?

I got a pair of mission 753 with one side missing tweeter.
Hey, if you still haven't fixed it I can try taking a look at the speakers. If only the tweeters are faulty then its relatively easy to replace.
alvinfks78
post Aug 9 2017, 11:36 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(penmarker @ Aug 9 2017, 11:36 AM)
Hey, if you still haven't fixed it I can try taking a look at the speakers. If only the tweeters are faulty then its relatively easy to replace.
Thx. already passed it on to my bro. he fixed and is using it. rclxms.gif biggrin.gif. He cannibalized his other mission speakers whistling.gif

This post has been edited by alvinfks78: Aug 9 2017, 11:36 AM
QiW
post Oct 1 2018, 09:16 PM

Casual

QUOTE(penmarker @ Aug 9 2017, 10:36 AM)
u know anywhere i can take my mission 753 to see a speaker doctor/repairer ?
my 753 seems to be missing lots of highs and details ..
physically everything looks good ... maybe the electronics inside needs TLC hmm.gif
gunplakk
post Oct 1 2018, 10:38 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(QiW @ Oct 1 2018, 09:16 PM)
u know anywhere i can take my mission 753 to see a speaker doctor/repairer ?
my 753 seems to be missing lots of highs and details ..
physically everything looks good ... maybe the electronics inside needs TLC  hmm.gif
your tweeters are probably blown... try to play them loud, then cover the tweeter, see if the sound changes, it does not change much, means you know its blown... I have the same exact problem on one side.... perhaps we can hunt together. I am looking around for ppl who can repair the tweeter
QiW
post Oct 1 2018, 11:08 PM

Casual

QUOTE(gunplakk @ Oct 1 2018, 10:38 PM)
your tweeters are probably blown... try to play them loud, then cover the tweeter, see if the sound changes, it does not change much, means you know its blown... I have the same exact problem on one side.... perhaps we can hunt together. I am looking around for ppl who can repair the tweeter
The tweeter so easily kaput ?
I don't play my music very loud.. That's why I suspect electronics rather than a blown tweeter
And it's exactly the same on both sides.. Tried different amplifier already too..
Do update if u found a Doctor that's able to remedy the situation.. Or at least diagnose what's the exact problem...
Then can start hunting for exact replacement parts
Gonna try playing them loud tomoro and cover the tweeter as u suggested ..
gunplakk
post Oct 2 2018, 09:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(QiW @ Oct 1 2018, 11:08 PM)
The tweeter so easily kaput ?
I don't play my music very loud.. That's why I suspect electronics rather than a blown tweeter
And it's exactly the same on both sides.. Tried different amplifier already too..
Do update if u found a Doctor that's able to remedy the situation.. Or at least diagnose what's the exact problem...
Then can start hunting for exact replacement parts
Gonna try playing them loud tomoro and cover the tweeter as u suggested ..
check out Octave Electronics in FB...
dayojah
post Oct 3 2018, 10:48 PM

Getting Started

The 753 tweeter has ferrofluid and dries out over many years. This locks up the tweeter voice coil
QiW
post Oct 4 2018, 06:54 PM

Casual

QUOTE(gunplakk @ Oct 2 2018, 09:34 PM)
check out Octave Electronics in FB...
Found a Hifi repairer supposedly quite reputable..
Sending the 753 over tomoro to have him check them out

QUOTE(dayojah @ Oct 3 2018, 10:48 PM)
The 753 tweeter has ferrofluid and dries out over many years. This locks up the tweeter voice coil
Didn't know that.. Means even after repair they will prolly just last me another 15 years or so la.. Hopefully
Maybe I didn't use them regular enuff
QiW
post Oct 5 2018, 03:00 PM

Casual

Sent my 753 over to repair man
Preliminary testing shows tweeters still working
So it is most likely a crossover issue.. Will definitely be much cheaper than sourcing and replacing tweeters
gunplakk
post Oct 5 2018, 04:21 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(QiW @ Oct 5 2018, 03:00 PM)
Sent my 753 over to repair man
Preliminary testing shows tweeters still working
So it is most likely a crossover issue..  Will definitely be much cheaper than sourcing and replacing tweeters
tweeter sometimes can be still be working but its not as clear... i have a pair that way... one side the tweeter was slightly dull, even though it made sound....

Anyways, where did you send your Missions to ? do share how much it cost you to repair. Cheers

QiW
post Oct 5 2018, 04:36 PM

Casual

QUOTE(gunplakk @ Oct 5 2018, 04:21 PM)
tweeter sometimes can be still be working but its not as clear... i have a pair that way... one side the tweeter was slightly dull, even though it made sound....

Anyways, where did you send your Missions to ? do share how much it cost you to repair. Cheers
costs unknown yet
left speakers there for fella to check and do his work
its a mr OH who stays in OUG
elderly man with heaps of stuff in his place

This post has been edited by QiW: Oct 5 2018, 04:37 PM
dayojah
post Oct 5 2018, 10:59 PM

Getting Started

Faulty crossovers are uncommon. Bad connections to the tweeter do happen.
Muffled tweeters, where the dome has not been pushed in by a kid, is often the ferrofluid pooled at the bottom and congealed into glue. Blown tweeter coils go open and don't work at all.

Mr Oh knows what he is doing.
QiW
post Oct 6 2018, 07:54 AM

Casual

QUOTE(dayojah @ Oct 5 2018, 10:59 PM)
Faulty crossovers are uncommon. Bad connections to the tweeter do happen.
Muffled tweeters, where the dome has not been pushed in by a kid, is often the ferrofluid pooled at the bottom and congealed into glue. Blown tweeter coils go open and don't work at all.

Mr Oh knows what he is doing.
i take it u are familiar with mr Oh and his work ?
1 of the tweeters did look like it has been pressed ... prolly by my kids during their younger days shocking.gif

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0844sec    2.90    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th June 2019 - 01:22 PM