Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Planted Aquarium V14

views

Clueless07
post Sep 11 2019, 02:37 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(sarungman @ Sep 8 2019, 02:22 PM)
Anyone know store sellingwide range variety of plants in PJ or puchong area? Im looking for floating plants like frogbit or duckweed
Have u tried Aquacult Mutiara damansara.
they have a wide range of plants- and description such as the growth rate, light and CO2 demand etc.
Also i find their plant cheaper... eg dwarf hair grass is Rm 6 per bunch while some places selling in RM 10
and they keep it in running water... so what i got is healthy and ready to grow. the place i went keep it in frigde- so it is dormant.

Clueless07
post Sep 15 2019, 10:27 AM

On my way
634 posts

Just out it in. What is the issue?
If it dies... it dies.
Clueless07
post Oct 16 2019, 07:31 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(N900rocks @ Oct 16 2019, 12:25 PM)
thanks mate! i asked for a customize one in china, 45x40x45 cost about rm250 only. but ofcoz excluding delivery fees yet. haha
why would you need to purchase from China?
the shipping itself will kill you.

i think shops are selling around 200 rm for this size?
there are also seller in FB promoting CC tank murah ( crystal clear)- may be even at cheaper price

Clueless07
post Oct 17 2019, 07:37 AM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(N900rocks @ Oct 16 2019, 10:54 PM)
I have tried to search one online in malaysia but failed to do so.

if you can lead me to any, do pm me bro, thanks!
Try this bro.
The price quoted is with stand.
Clueless07
post Oct 21 2019, 09:46 AM

On my way
634 posts

3 months in - finally get the algea under control- most likely by adding the Algea treatment.
(4ml/day- for 10 days or so, no WC in the duration.

Feel much better- as there algea was infecting the soil and among the dwarf hair grass 2 weeks ago. Now can see most of the algea turn brown, and gradually melts away.
Though- am not sure if the betta suffers and have its tails rips- so for interim i had removed it to another smaller container- i dont think he is too pleased- as it was enjoy swimming at the large tanks peacefully. It was an active fish (as some betta i observed could be lazy just hide behind the plants.

The dwarf hair grass also growing- though it is not as green as it should be.
i had allow longer lighting like 6 hrs. Am thinking if i am missing fertilizer?

would adding NPK helps?

user posted image

This post has been edited by Clueless07: Oct 21 2019, 09:51 AM
Clueless07
post Oct 22 2019, 05:36 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(Karson Yan @ Oct 22 2019, 02:18 PM)
Hi everybody! I love aquarium so much and I have kept my two fish tanks for 2 years

I love keeping fishes, shrimps and turtles. Some times I will share articles on my My Webpageblog.

Look forward to discuss more aquarium related topics here. Thank you!!
Nice blog u have there. Welcome to chat here more but this is more on planted aquarium.
Clueless07
post Oct 23 2019, 02:29 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(Wonka @ Oct 23 2019, 10:36 AM)
Anyone using CO2 Tablet Supplement? I'm not sure if its a cheaper alternative to CO2 tanks.
the general advices is No, it wont be cheaper than a tank in long run. Especially if your tank is like 2" or so.
though i understand a complete CO2 system would cost like 500 or so, with regulator, diffuser, timer etc.

if you are starting out- with really small tank (like my 3 gallon vase tank) then you may consider the simple type.
each canister wont store a lot of gas. but enough to keep 1 pop per day for 30 days or more. i am using this with seachem flourish

take note this are more or less manual- need to do daily, of course if skip a few days should be fine. important is lighting.

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/ista-co2...s137973646.html
Clueless07
post Oct 25 2019, 09:07 AM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(N900rocks @ Oct 23 2019, 10:38 PM)
Hi Guys,

Im very new to aquascaping, im here to share my experience and hope to learn more from sifu2 and otai2.

My intention is to set up a tank with low maintenance (mainly because dont want to bleed too much), hence i opt to no CO2.

Lets start with

[/U]Equipment[/U]
Tank - Crystal Clear 40x40x40 (64L)
Filter - Shiruba Hang On filter XB-2060 (Max 400L/h)
Light - Deebow Dee-301 (7W)

Soil - Ista Premium Aqua Soil 8L
Gravel - Pro JBL Florapol
Fert - Ista water plant fertilizer
Ista - Clarifying Nitrifying Bacteria

(after planting)
user posted image
here is what went wrong, i believe most beginners are like me, very excited and cant wait to get everything in place.

I used aqua friendly super glue to glue java moss, and all my anubias plant.

I damn regret for not taking care of it, and just simply glue it to the hardcape. some batang patah because of the use of force.

then when planting those taller plant, some i didnt put deep enough, while some, due to first time plant, the root patah in half when i plant.

as for java moss, after removing it from the iron, i just simply glue and paste.

today is day three, after setting up everything on last sunday.

I found my rotala red, go botak, left a few leaves at the bottom part, my limnophila like melted. when i touch the leaf, it putus right away.  then a few leaves from anubias turned yellow, because the stem snapped in half. some moss is turning brown at the glue part.

its only day three and i already getting frustrated, i cant wait to see them grow and go green  cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif

so im thinking if i should get some shrimp this weekend. help to manage my dead leaves. ive been having the thought of rescaping alrd. but its too expensive to buy those plant again.

so yea, thats all from me. So sifu2 sekali, please ajar me how to make it better. should i remove all the plant and replant?

heres side views foto.

Welcome to the club. I am no sifu- also a 3 months newbie. (many sifus go buzy with other hobbies liao).
i am still learning and struggling and buying plants now... just that i do stages by stages. u had put too many, too quick. I understand the excitement- but there is certain price to pay.

If u allow me to share some advice-

A- the lighting- it seems not enough for the tank size/number of plants

B- u are doing low tech, and i trust that you are builing low CO2 demand plant ? Aquacult is good as they list the CO2 demand, growth rate, light demand etc at each of the plant photo. It helps a lot and my favorite shop.
now - low demand does not means zero demand. When you have so dense planting- the demand had increase. u may refer my previous advice a few line earlier- using the simple kid, or seachem florish. At anyhow- Seachem florish is good for the long run and dose it with other fertizilie ( NPK first, and trace later)

C- Shrimp will eat those dead leave, then think again.... the leave is gone, but there will be shrimp pops.... which will be a bio load as well. It will be definitely easier to pick up a few pieces of dead leaves, then scooping out the tiny shrimp pops.
Also if u study science : Mass balance: we are putting plants and feeding fertizer and fish food. What goes in will no go out. Bacteria in filter will just breakdown the dead stuff/pops) to simple nutrient. but it still stay in water. so there come the important of water change.
a system need less water change if only it is balance- the number of plants and fish/shrimp balance. it take some time to achieve this- also means very less feeding.

Lastly, dont wait until the plant is melted only take action. Look for symtoms- like the edge growing yellow, or got some holes etc. start from very basic. Light +CO2 + clean water.

Clueless07
post Oct 25 2019, 11:18 AM

On my way
634 posts

Oh ya.... another thing.
It is not a disaster yet until you got algea attack.
with the long lighting period- and like every other new tank- it will come soon

then will be real headache

too little light, too little nutrient- plant wont grow- stay.
too much light, too much nutrient- plant grow- algae go rampant.

Let us know when u start having some of these fun

Clueless07
post Oct 29 2019, 07:44 AM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(siti_hani @ Oct 26 2019, 08:34 PM)
Hi Guys

Anyone know where I can get this? Seems difficult to source

user posted image
I got this. Used like 10 drops or so.
Can sell the balance to u if u want if u around Shah Alam.

Is it any good? I bought coz I was noob and the noob sales person ask me to buy this along w many other things I don’t need. 😥.

Used it when tank were fresh. Now doubt much use
Clueless07
post Oct 29 2019, 07:48 AM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(N900rocks @ Oct 28 2019, 09:03 AM)
hehehe weekly update.

so i did some mini modification. i plan to set this tank to have betta in it. so understand that betta requires a small water flow.  i did this. also added one sponge. water more cantik i guess?

user posted image

but got new prob, all my duckweed slowly flow under this new mod and stay there. will my duck weed be okay?

user posted image

so i bought a better lamp too, heres the spec and after turning it on

user posted image

user posted image

remove lots of dead plant and planted new hardy plant. hope they survive. 

also bought a small pump to prepare for next water change, to pump the chlorine in the water away.

done for the week!
Betta prefer still water but that HOB has small flow won’t really matter. To be frank... u have nice scape - would u consider canister filter and lily pipe , which will make it much better.
Filter would cost RM50 (Dolphin300) ans Lily Pipe another RM30. Will make it more pro.
Clueless07
post Oct 29 2019, 05:31 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(Wonka @ Oct 29 2019, 01:02 PM)
What kind of budget canister filter i can get ya? Can recommend?
This is value for money. See if u need add filter cloth or bio ring inside.
https://s.lazada.com.my/s.ZmYsu

Lily pipe.
https://s.lazada.com.my/s.ZmeWH
Clueless07
post Oct 30 2019, 02:42 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(N900rocks @ Oct 30 2019, 12:38 PM)
hahaha thanks, gotta use toothbrush to remove the algae this weekend.
Brushing won’t really help.
If the tank condition favor it to grow. It will grow again and again. There are many places u can’t scrub. Like In between hair grass or wood or under rocks.

Acrylic can get in typical photo frame shop
Clueless07
post Nov 4 2019, 11:36 AM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(Wonka @ Nov 4 2019, 11:02 AM)
Can the filter adjust flow rate? I couldn't find the specs on internet tho  hmm.gif
Only 410L/hr.... what u wanna adjust leh?
flow will be small.... and the Lily pipe will spread it around.

if really wanna lower it more- add more filter cloth inside as media, to increase the resistance and reduce flow lo.

infact... i had just purchase at Dophin 600 for 650L/hr.....
it cost RM135... lot more expensive then the Dophin 300 for 50% increase in capacity.

Clueless07
post Nov 4 2019, 12:25 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(Wonka @ Nov 4 2019, 12:02 PM)
I'm not sure what I need for my aquarium. Mine is 43x30x28. should be 10L tank smile.gif
Aiks. Per maths calculation... it should be 36 liters.
Per rules you will need 7-10 time circulation per hour.

So the 410L/hr will like 12 times what u need. U can try to source a smaller filter- but this is almost as small as it can get. Or u could just used the HOB
Clueless07
post Nov 5 2019, 02:04 PM

On my way
634 posts

give them some time ba....
i would thought they would all hide in some crevices or small opening- to avoid being a prey
Clueless07
post Nov 13 2019, 04:45 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(Liamness @ Nov 13 2019, 04:11 PM)
So... after 4 months of having some tetras, they all suddenly died overnight.. zero survivors.. after a water change which I think may have had a chlorine spike that my usual dosage couldn't handle..

it really sucks but i've learnt a lesson and moved on.

Thinking of raring this fish next.

They are called Apistogramma and they are a centre-piece fish.

i've seen them in person and they are absolutely gorgeous with very inquisitive and playful behaviour!

thinking of this badboys and add in a school tetra or white cloud minnows.

and maybe some cherry shrimps too.

that should be a interesting new tank build.
sad to hear your loss.
how much water did you change?

well.. the good thing is tetra are not expensive and dont really build any relationship/connection.

where did you see this Apistogramma?
they are not agressive right?

the center piece of my tank were betta, but gotto remove them as their tail sort of crack.
i dont see her attacking the betta, or betta bitting the tail- may be current too strong and the tail over used.

now looking for other main subject, soemthign with character
Clueless07
post Nov 13 2019, 04:45 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(Liamness @ Nov 13 2019, 04:11 PM)
So... after 4 months of having some tetras, they all suddenly died overnight.. zero survivors.. after a water change which I think may have had a chlorine spike that my usual dosage couldn't handle..

it really sucks but i've learnt a lesson and moved on.

Thinking of raring this fish next.

They are called Apistogramma and they are a centre-piece fish.

i've seen them in person and they are absolutely gorgeous with very inquisitive and playful behaviour!

thinking of this badboys and add in a school tetra or white cloud minnows.

and maybe some cherry shrimps too.

that should be a interesting new tank build.
sad to hear your loss.
how much water did you change?

well.. the good thing is tetra are not expensive and dont really build any relationship/connection.

where did you see this Apistogramma?
they are not agressive right?

the center piece of my tank were betta, but gotto remove them as their tail sort of crack.
i dont see her attacking the betta, or betta bitting the tail- may be current too strong and the tail over used.

now looking for other main subject, soemthign with character
Clueless07
post Nov 14 2019, 09:51 AM

On my way
634 posts

yeah- plants are not sensitive to NH3 or nitratite spikes.
Just need to make sure got good lighting, some CO2 and the root is planted in.

Clueless07
post Nov 16 2019, 10:41 AM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(tyrionlannister10 @ Nov 15 2019, 11:34 PM)
recently found out about this amazing hobby. starting to get poison now from all the postings in fb and youtube.
'hobi kami mahal' is well described for this activity
Welcome to the club, dwarf!
Yes- Hobby not cheap but give u hours of joy scaping it and many more hours of pleasant time viewing it.

Though, it is not easy, take time to learn, make mistakes, improves. But for sure it is rewarding

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0271sec    0.82    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th February 2021 - 11:06 PM