Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

-+♠+-LYN Proton Persona Owners Club V53-+♠+-, Continue to be slowpoke...

views

TDUEnthusiast
post Nov 26 2015, 02:13 PM

Critical thinking
Group Icon
Elite
10,015 posts

QUOTE(szaku89 @ Nov 26 2015, 01:27 PM)
Previously your persona has 4 disc brakes or rear drum?

I'm quite satisfied with my persona's braking power, stock, 4 disc brakes.

To add on, there is no more screeching sound. The method to condition the new brake pads do wonders.
My drum brakes at the rear hardly do anything. The front brakes can be really hot to the touch but the rear can be just mildly warm.
benson92
post Nov 26 2015, 02:24 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(TDUEnthusiast @ Nov 26 2015, 08:13 AM)
Is it possible to get my bumper heated up and reshaped? The bottom right of the bumper is protruding outwards cause of the time when i parked too far over the kerb. It's a problem now cause the car is lowered. sweat.gif
Yup biggrin.gif. The braking power is pretty awesome now.
will it feels like the car like wanna throw to the front laugh.gif
TDUEnthusiast
post Nov 26 2015, 02:27 PM

Critical thinking
Group Icon
Elite
10,015 posts

QUOTE(benson92 @ Nov 26 2015, 02:24 PM)
will it feels like the car like wanna throw to the front  laugh.gif
Much stronger than the original. It is strong enough to make you jerk forward hard. Just isn't as hard as I imagined it would be laugh.gif
J-keyLudacris
post Nov 26 2015, 06:17 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(szaku89 @ Nov 26 2015, 01:27 PM)
Previously your persona has 4 disc brakes or rear drum?

I'm quite satisfied with my persona's braking power, stock, 4 disc brakes.

To add on, there is no more screeching sound. The method to condition the new brake pads do wonders.
New car is 4 disc ( H Line )
Stock brake power sucks.
J-keyLudacris
post Nov 26 2015, 06:20 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(benson92 @ Nov 26 2015, 02:24 PM)
will it feels like the car like wanna throw to the front  laugh.gif
Mine before change the servo, feel nothing even hard braking ( adjustable hard enuf =) )
after change servo now have the feel throw forward

QUOTE(TDUEnthusiast @ Nov 26 2015, 02:27 PM)
Much stronger than the original. It is strong enough to make you jerk forward hard. Just isn't as hard as I imagined it would be laugh.gif
Change the disc rotor with slotted and hole even better.

When brake servo upgraded, the braking power increase, the disc will hotter than usual ( depends the way u press yr brake la)

Note: My car I drive up to genting quite frequent , brake power sucks, making the downhill harder @@ Auto car
szaku89
post Nov 26 2015, 07:23 PM

Amazing Z
1,351 posts

QUOTE(J-keyLudacris @ Nov 26 2015, 06:20 PM)
Mine before change the servo, feel nothing even hard braking ( adjustable hard enuf =) )

When brake servo upgraded, the braking power increase, the disc will hotter than usual ( depends the way u press yr brake la)
Note: My car I drive up to genting quite frequent , brake power sucks, making the downhill harder @@ Auto car
Making the downhill harder means? It's like the brake don't makan enuff? I tried going downhill from genting no problem also.
J-keyLudacris
post Nov 26 2015, 07:33 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(szaku89 @ Nov 26 2015, 07:23 PM)
Making the downhill harder means? It's like the brake don't makan enuff? I tried going downhill from genting no problem also.
yes.. cause i downhill also drive kinda fast mad.gif
szaku89
post Nov 26 2015, 07:43 PM

Amazing Z
1,351 posts

QUOTE(J-keyLudacris @ Nov 26 2015, 07:33 PM)
yes.. cause i downhill also drive kinda fast  mad.gif
oohh..nowonder lah. I dont drive that fast also. But still okay for me, maybe I am used to the soft stock brakes.
J-keyLudacris
post Nov 26 2015, 08:07 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(szaku89 @ Nov 26 2015, 07:43 PM)
oohh..nowonder lah. I dont drive that fast also. But still okay  for me, maybe I am used to the soft stock brakes.
Im using bendix metal king titanium front
rear using brembo
TDUEnthusiast
post Nov 26 2015, 09:53 PM

Critical thinking
Group Icon
Elite
10,015 posts

Changing the absorber mounting didn't eliminate the kok kok sound when going over rough roads, but the steering wheel no longer vibrates when the sound appears. The installation of the new servo somehow reduced the kok kok sound by quite a bit.

For those who are using the B-Line/M-Line Personas with front discs and rear drums, if you want to get a rough idea of how the Evo 6 servo feels like, pull on the hand brake hard while you're driving, and while you're doing that, press on the brake pedal. The pedal should feel much stiffer than usual and "max out" just after a short travel. I normally engage my hand brake when I first start driving the car for the day to warm them up quickly to stop them from making noise, and this is also how I found that the pedal is much stiffer than usual when I press on the brake pedal. This is quite similar to how little you have to press the brake pedal to engage the pads fully with the Evo 6 servo.

QUOTE(J-keyLudacris @ Nov 26 2015, 06:20 PM)

Brake power sucks, before or after servo change?

szaku89
post Nov 27 2015, 12:05 AM

Amazing Z
1,351 posts

QUOTE(TDUEnthusiast @ Nov 26 2015, 09:53 PM)
Changing the absorber mounting didn't eliminate the kok kok sound when going over rough roads, but the steering wheel no longer vibrates when the sound appears. The installation of the new servo somehow reduced the kok kok sound by quite a bit.

For those who are using the B-Line/M-Line Personas with front discs and rear drums, if you want to get a rough idea of how the Evo 6 servo feels like, pull on the hand brake hard while you're driving, and while you're doing that, press on the brake pedal. The pedal should feel much stiffer than usual and "max out" just after a short travel. I normally engage my hand brake when I first start driving the car for the day to warm them up quickly to stop them from making noise, and this is also how I found that the pedal is much stiffer than usual when I press on the brake pedal. This is quite similar to how little you have to press the brake pedal to engage the pads fully with the Evo 6 servo.
Ok one of the ways to eliminate screeching brake sound is engaging handbrake while just starting to drive?

TDUEnthusiast
post Nov 27 2015, 08:26 AM

Critical thinking
Group Icon
Elite
10,015 posts

QUOTE(szaku89 @ Nov 27 2015, 12:05 AM)
Ok one of the ways to eliminate screeching brake sound is engaging handbrake while just starting to drive?
Only for drum brakes since they do both the job of braking and holding. Probably not applicable for disc brakes on the persona since the braking surface is separate. You can however apply the brakes gently while moving to heat them up quickly. I normally do this if it has been raining.

This post has been edited by TDUEnthusiast: Nov 27 2015, 08:33 AM
J-keyLudacris
post Nov 27 2015, 10:35 AM

Casual
420 posts

of cuz.b4 haha..
if.still sucks i need to mod twin pot or mini 4 pot in haha
szaku89
post Nov 27 2015, 03:54 PM

Amazing Z
1,351 posts

Dam the screeching sound came back again. The screeching sound will appear when braking, at low speed at at certain pressure on the brake paddle only the sound will occur... Sigh.
shelby_yong
post Nov 27 2015, 04:14 PM

On my way
550 posts

time for V36... new Ts please proceed
davidke20
post Nov 27 2015, 11:16 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(shelby_yong @ Nov 27 2015, 04:14 PM)
time for V36... new Ts please proceed
Aeroback owner can? drool.gif
The_FQ400
post Nov 28 2015, 02:10 PM

5 posts

what makes the kok kok sound? hmm.gif

Donut V54!

This post has been edited by The_FQ400: Nov 28 2015, 02:17 PM
ijatneda
post Dec 2 2015, 12:27 PM

Casual
326 posts

Hi,how much alternator for persona?Mine one, battery indicator emit,when I check the voltage during idling 12v something. If I rev over 3k rpm then the battery indicator off. Is it cause by alternator?
davidke20
post Dec 3 2015, 09:49 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(ijatneda @ Dec 2 2015, 12:27 PM)
Hi,how much alternator for persona?Mine one, battery indicator emit,when I check the voltage during idling 12v something. If I rev over 3k rpm then the battery indicator off. Is it cause by alternator?
Could be. Check fuse also. Got cheapjing recon alternator for Gen2(not sure whether it's compatible) as 1 of the tayarshop closed down. You may consult

Ah Ting
Digi6 - 2O8 8898

https://www.google.com.my/maps/@2.8581232,1...1!1e1?hl=en

Say you're from Kelab Plotong rekomen by David try to negotiate for good price lar. I no take komisen, so don't worry.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0199sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:27 PM