430 Pages « < 424 425 426 427 428 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Almera Owner Discussion V3, Come Share Your Experience

views

carnby77
post Sep 19 2022, 02:07 AM

Casual
377 posts

Has anyone changed waterpump already ah?
I am due to change my serpent belt. my car mileage is 190000km.
So thought might as well do some preventive maintenance by changing the water pump as well. And the labour charge is also cheaper.

What brand waterpump you guys use? Almera N17.
Jessieccy
post Sep 22 2022, 10:08 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Sep 19 2022, 02:07 AM)
Has anyone changed waterpump already ah?
I am due to change my serpent belt. my car mileage is 190000km.
So thought might as well do some preventive maintenance by changing the water pump as well. And the labour charge is also cheaper.

What brand waterpump you guys use? Almera N17.
Nah not planning to. i heard my pomen said, if you change coolant on time and your water dont turn turbid. better just get those blue premix one, less impurities... He dismantle one almera, exceeded 300k KM, water pump still shiny! looks like new. im thinking its great!
carnby77
post Sep 22 2022, 10:53 PM

Casual
377 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Sep 22 2022, 10:08 PM)
Nah not planning to. i heard my pomen said, if you change coolant on time and your water dont turn turbid. better just get those blue premix one, less impurities... He dismantle one almera, exceeded 300k KM, water pump still shiny! looks like new. im thinking its great!
Oh hahahah..okay. Mine also decided not to change. Pomen said radiator is clean. Coolant no dirt...and he said the water pump not leaking....
if degrade, the leaking is the sign to change it seems.
carnby77
post Sep 24 2022, 01:28 AM

Casual
377 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Sep 22 2022, 10:08 PM)
By the way, whenever i cold start my Almera, the engine vibrates with noise and after 1 minute of drive, the sound disappears.
timing belt not cracks.
It happens every time i leave the car for more than 6 hours and then start....the engine manifold vibrates and noise is more like vibration sound.

IS IT TIMING CHAIN? rclxub.gif unsure.gif
carnby77
post Sep 27 2022, 02:13 PM

Casual
377 posts

Ahhhh...My Ashimori Engine Mounting is giving way...can see the signs....Engine vibrate when cold start...steering also rattle.....but after rpm go back to 1.o all smooth again...suspect it a matter of time before it starts creeping up even wrose.....
Changed to Ashimori in 2017.
Jessieccy
post Sep 28 2022, 10:45 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Sep 27 2022, 02:13 PM)
Ahhhh...My Ashimori Engine Mounting is giving way...can see the signs....Engine vibrate when cold start...steering also rattle.....but after rpm go back to 1.o all smooth again...suspect it a matter of time before it starts creeping up even wrose.....
Sorry, i only manage to look at your reply now. oh, good to know you found the problem. Hmm i actually have started to feel the vibration on my door panel like 1 year ago. Ori Nissan that i bought online and changed Sept 2020, since it is just minor vibration, i kinda manage to just accept it and ignoring the fact that i need to spend money to fix it. LOL

I you want, usually the largest mount is the culprit. just change that one item if you decide to get Nissan ori, since they sell parts by piece.
carnby77
post Sep 28 2022, 12:07 PM

Casual
377 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Sep 28 2022, 10:45 AM)
Sorry, i only manage to look at your reply now. oh, good to know you found the problem. Hmm i actually have started to feel the vibration on my door panel like 1 year ago. Ori Nissan that i bought online and changed Sept 2020, since it is just minor vibration, i kinda manage to just accept it and ignoring the fact that i need to spend money to fix it. LOL

I you want, usually the largest mount is the culprit. just change that one item if you decide to get Nissan ori, since they sell parts by piece.
My car engine vibrates when i start it in the morning..and is quite rough. Especially when i turn left or right.
After driving for about 10-15 minutes the vibration is no more. and it disappears totally...like no vibrations at all...if mounting it should vibrate throughout right?

Thrust
post Sep 28 2022, 04:29 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,623 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Sep 27 2022, 02:13 PM)
Get Denco... quite good engine mounting and affordable.
carnby77
post Sep 28 2022, 05:50 PM

Casual
377 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Sep 28 2022, 04:29 PM)
Get Denco... quite good engine mounting and affordable.
Ashimori lasted for 4 year plus
Is Denco good too?
Any trusted shop where i can buy it from?

Thrust
post Sep 28 2022, 06:43 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,623 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Sep 28 2022, 05:50 PM)
Is Denco good too?
Most spare parts shop should have this brand..
Jessieccy
post Sep 29 2022, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Sep 28 2022, 12:07 PM)
My car engine vibrates when i start it in the morning..and is quite rough. Especially when i turn left or right.
After driving for about 10-15 minutes the vibration is no more. and it disappears totally...like no vibrations at all...if mounting it should vibrate throughout right?
mounting, usually it ONLY vibrates when you are idle. When you drive, it always goes away. About the turn left or right, so odd, the steering rack is electronic. i cant think why its related.
carnby77
post Sep 30 2022, 11:55 AM

Casual
377 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Sep 29 2022, 11:23 AM)
mounting, usually it ONLY vibrates when you are idle. When you drive, it always goes away. About the turn left or right, so odd, the steering rack is electronic. i cant think why its related.
Foreman keep saying the mounting is about to go bad....can low fuel cause the vibration as well...most of the time, after grab, i will come back without refuelling....

Jessieccy
post Sep 30 2022, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Sep 30 2022, 11:55 AM)
Foreman keep saying the mounting is about to go bad....can low fuel cause the vibration as well...most of the time, after grab, i will come back without refuelling....
low fuel. Not likely, but it is possible to be anything within the Air, Fuel, Lubrication that cause it to not to run the engine smoothly. Why not just try some of these things.
1. Just try put in P or N, rev the car... if the vibration goes away it is very likely your mount. just take some photo of the mounts.
2. Clean or check your Air filter. try buy a fuel cleaner, the expensive kind. STP ultra is very good. Half a bottle per full petrol tank. it can help clean your fuel injectors, and maybe the combustion chamber, allow for smoother driving. it probably will need 1 week to see effects.
3. low fuel very unlikely. If fuel pump weak or faulty it will just die out of nowhere. Weak fuel pump could only mean it will take a longer while to start the car. As cold start u need to wait put key to ON, wait for the lights to go off. cause the pump need to pump and pressure up the fuel lines. Then only Crank the engine to start.
4. anything else, i cant advice as that will be mechanical or require a workshop to diagnose with computer probably.
5. oh yeah maybe relearn the ECU for air fuel. so idle better. https://youtu.be/Hyx2SozD8c4

This post has been edited by Jessieccy: Sep 30 2022, 03:20 PM
carnby77
post Sep 30 2022, 09:37 PM

Casual
377 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Sep 30 2022, 03:18 PM)
low fuel. Not likely, but it is possible to be anything within the Air, Fuel, Lubrication that cause it to not to run the engine smoothly. Why not just try some of these things.
1. Just try put in P or N, rev the car... if the vibration goes away it is very likely your mount. just take some photo of the mounts.
2. Clean or check your Air filter. try buy a fuel cleaner, the expensive kind. STP ultra is very good. Half a bottle per full petrol tank. it can help clean your fuel injectors, and maybe the combustion chamber, allow for smoother driving. it probably will need 1 week to see effects.
3. low fuel very unlikely. If fuel pump weak or faulty it will just die out of nowhere. Weak fuel pump could only mean it will take a longer while to start the car. As cold start u need to wait put key to ON, wait for the lights to go off. cause the pump need to pump and pressure up the fuel lines. Then only Crank the engine to start.
4. anything else, i cant advice as that will be mechanical or require a workshop to diagnose with computer probably.
5. oh yeah maybe relearn the ECU for air fuel. so idle better. https://youtu.be/Hyx2SozD8c4
Wow, thanks for the advise. Just inspected and found out rear tyre blacklion inner side wire come out already.. Yikes...oh well 3 years... But the tyre thread was still good. So changed all tyre to LingLong tyres.
Damage rm600. 195/60/15.
Also foreman said stabilizer link ok. Tie rod bellow koyak, but still okay.
Lower arm changed 2 years ago still seem okay. Orange color one.. Forgot the brand...

Mounting will just have to wait till next year Fab.
Right before Puspakom checkup. .

This post has been edited by carnby77: Sep 30 2022, 09:38 PM
Cloudx
post Oct 3 2022, 11:15 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,503 posts

Has anyone change the aircond belt with tan chong & what's the price for the whole service for Almera N17? I suspect that my aircond belt has worned out mainly because there's a loud squelling sound everytime i turn on my aircond.
Jessieccy
post Oct 3 2022, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(Cloudx @ Oct 3 2022, 11:15 AM)
Has anyone change the aircond belt with tan chong & what's the price for the whole service for Almera N17? I suspect that my aircond belt has worned out mainly because there's a loud squelling sound everytime i turn on my aircond.
I do it outside. Original Nissan belt with labor rm125. I dont trust other brands.
carnby77
post Oct 3 2022, 10:39 PM

Casual
377 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Oct 3 2022, 11:52 AM)
I do it outside. Original Nissan belt with labor rm125. I dont trust other brands.
LOL i bought Bando for RM49...hope it is good as Nissan Ori

escapist_1010 P
post Oct 7 2022, 09:34 PM

Probation
17 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Sep 28 2022, 05:50 PM)
Is Denco good too?
my denco doesn't last that long, 1 year only then vibrate
escapist_1010 P
post Oct 7 2022, 09:37 PM

Probation
17 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Oct 3 2022, 11:52 AM)
mitsuboshi belt better quality
carnby77
post Oct 8 2022, 02:57 AM

Casual
377 posts

QUOTE(escapist_1010 @ Oct 7 2022, 09:34 PM)
my denco doesn't last that long, 1 year only then vibrate
Really? Luckily you told me..i was gonna get it....any other reliable brands before i go out and buy?

430 Pages « < 424 425 426 427 428 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th February 2023 - 02:21 PM