Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Almera Owner Discussion V3, Come Share Your Experience

views

niceguypenang
post May 29 2022, 05:28 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ May 29 2022, 07:39 AM)
Managed to sold the car to Carsome yesterday with the agreed price of RM20k.
We will miss you on your contribution to this forum.
Thrust
post May 29 2022, 07:45 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

QUOTE(niceguypenang @ May 29 2022, 05:28 PM)
We will miss you on your contribution to this forum.
I will still lurk around here.. Quite familiar with the common problems on this car now.
amaze01
post May 30 2022, 03:24 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

Any recommendation for rear brake shoe?

Tan Chong brake shoe keep making noise
Jessieccy
post May 31 2022, 08:55 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(amaze01 @ May 30 2022, 03:24 PM)

Don't know really. I haven't changed mine. Rear shoe need really long time before need to replace. I guess can just go complain and see if the guy can help get rid of that sound if just installed. Usually need to sand paper a bit, wash the dust and lubricate some points, and lastly adjust the spacing. The sound should say bye bye

Or if you want i did read somewhere, he also say Tanchong one sound like lorry, end up he go another shop change to FBK. So far so good. Another guy said the fitment/shoe adjuster not right that's why sound like lorry. There is also TRW brand, quite reputable

This post has been edited by Jessieccy: May 31 2022, 09:05 PM
niceguypenang
post Jun 4 2022, 06:28 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(amaze01 @ May 30 2022, 03:24 PM)

I changed mine to TRW so far so good.
The foreman whom I spoke too mentioned need to adjust it right during installation. Depends on the skill of the installer.

This post has been edited by niceguypenang: Jun 4 2022, 06:30 AM
Thrust
post Jun 4 2022, 08:28 AM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

I have an original Tan Chong brake pads for Almera.. Bought it for RM70 at Shopee but did not install in the car.

I plan to sell it for RM35.. any takers?
rae0724
post Jun 4 2022, 04:31 PM

On my way
681 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ May 25 2022, 02:27 PM)
have your warranty ended or you dont really care? If you want to keep going SC, i rather go Kota Damansara. If you dont wanna care for warranty, there is few...
1. JTech Autoserv I never been there, but they will give you similar to SC conveniences and they do things very expected of the price you pay. Its a bit premium but worth it if you like that kind of proper by the book kind of service.
2. NCS Garage Works I always go here, need to go early and book a slot. More affordable and have halfcut/original or OEM options for very common Almera issues. CAn also bring own parts. No Credit card accepted. open air... got option to walk to McD if you wanna wait elsewhere LOL laugh.gif
3. Autosaver Seapark I have been here twice. I dont know why i dont really like to go here. regular service its affordable. for parts replacement its not as cheap as NCS but its at least faster and can be done on the spot. only new parts either ORI/OEM. Cannot buy own parts. can just walk in.

What exactly is the noise? need more description
i think the warranty just end
second shop seems good for me, nearby my place and seems gt good review on google rating
will try it next time

the noise is like "ngekkkkk" the brake gt sound when press it
sometimes gt sound, sometimes dont have
actually ald happen quite early after i get my car, 2 years + already and i not sure what happen
always ask nissan service centre to check but they also said no issue
Jessieccy
post Jun 6 2022, 12:26 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(rae0724 @ Jun 4 2022, 04:31 PM)
i think the warranty just end
second shop seems good for me, nearby my place and seems gt good review on google rating
will try it next time

the noise is like "ngekkkkk" the brake gt sound when press it
sometimes gt sound, sometimes dont have
actually ald happen quite early after i get my car, 2 years + already and i not sure what happen
always ask nissan service centre to check but they also said no issue
Oh that... I guess it only happens when you just start your car... Does it happen when you hit 20kmh? Im suspecting its the ABS pump test. Last i send it to SC they did some reset they say... It went away for a few years... Now it's back... Only if i drive like really slow, like rolling. It will like ngggek like 1 to 2 times after that wont appear again. If i drive in accelerate manner it wont appear at all. My brakes are fine.
rae0724
post Jun 6 2022, 07:18 PM

On my way
681 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Jun 6 2022, 12:26 PM)
Oh that... I guess it only happens when you just start your car... Does it happen when you hit 20kmh? Im suspecting its the ABS pump test. Last i send it to SC they did some reset they say... It went away for a few years... Now it's back... Only if i drive like really slow, like rolling. It will like ngggek like 1 to 2 times after that wont appear again. If i drive in accelerate manner it wont appear at all. My brakes are fine.
hmm at first it's something similar like you describe
but now seems it ngekkkkk a lots even though i drive far or over 20kmh haha
maybe i can send to the shop you recommend previously huh
a bit embarrassing when my friends in my car, the brake keep ngekkk ngekkk ngekkk
Jessieccy
post Jun 7 2022, 09:52 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(rae0724 @ Jun 6 2022, 07:18 PM)
hmm at first it's something similar like you describe
but now seems it ngekkkkk a lots even though i drive far or over 20kmh haha
maybe i can send to the shop you recommend previously huh
a bit embarrassing when my friends in my car, the brake keep ngekkk ngekkk ngekkk
If it's only when you hit the brakes... Yeah better go workshop. Could be just a simple cleaning or brake servicing might solve the problem.
rae0724
post Jun 7 2022, 12:45 PM

On my way
681 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Jun 7 2022, 09:52 AM)
If it's only when you hit the brakes... Yeah better go workshop. Could be just a simple cleaning or brake servicing might solve the problem.
yeah
will try to go to the workshop and see what's going on
post Jun 13 2022, 07:43 PM

Enthusiast
736 posts

Almera have Rebate now?
Thrust
post Jun 13 2022, 07:45 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

Any owners here encounter the radiator fan kept spinning for awhile even after the engine is turned off?
Jessieccy
post Jun 13 2022, 09:33 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Jun 13 2022, 07:45 PM)
Any owners here encounter the radiator fan kept spinning for awhile even after the engine is turned off?
Yes they do keep spinning about few seconds, less than 30sec i think. Usually we cant hear it.... unless the fan motor start to kong. Then you notice it still spinning
justnits
post Jun 14 2022, 12:21 AM

Mechanical Keyboard Addict
2,968 posts

oh dear, seeing in FB group Almera Turbo seems to have a few engine oil leak issue now...seems like the Nissan issue isn't going away anytime soon.
Jessieccy
post Jun 14 2022, 09:58 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(justnits @ Jun 14 2022, 12:21 AM)
oh dear, seeing in FB group Almera Turbo seems to have a few engine oil leak issue now...seems like the Nissan issue isn't going away anytime soon.
I think its quite normal for All new platform cars. But since they already make a huge batch of parts, it will take a while for them to either use all of it or get a improved manufactured part. i think most of this issues not Tanchong problem. Should be Nissan Thailand is the main cause. They launched it way ahead of Malaysia, find it unacceptable that they didn't foresee it as a big issue. Sadly there is no recall. They rather users claim for warranty
justnits
post Jun 14 2022, 02:19 PM

Mechanical Keyboard Addict
2,968 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Jun 14 2022, 09:58 AM)
I think its quite normal for All new platform cars. But since they already make a huge batch of parts, it will take a while for them to either use all of it or get a improved manufactured part. i think most of this issues not Tanchong problem. Should be Nissan Thailand is the main cause. They launched it way ahead of Malaysia, find it unacceptable that they didn't foresee it as a big issue. Sadly there is no recall. They rather users claim for warranty
I can't read Thai language, otherwise I would deep dive into their forums and read up on their owner's review 😂

Tan Chong also didn't do much damage control on this or maybe people are no forwarding their complaints to the right channel.
LoyTC P
post Jun 18 2022, 04:36 PM

Probation
0 posts

Does anyone changed Almera signal lights to LED? Any hyper flashing problem?
LoyTC P
post Jun 18 2022, 04:56 PM

Probation
0 posts

Does anyone knows where Almera N17 signal lights relay/Flash located? I have been trying to trace the "tik-tok" sound but could not locate/feel the vibration of any relay location.
elmond
post Jun 18 2022, 10:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,243 posts

deleted

This post has been edited by elmond: Jun 18 2022, 10:56 PM

433 Pages « < 422 423 424 425 426 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0191sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:13 AM