Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Accident 101: i teach u claim loss of use

saigetsu
post Oct 8 2017, 09:17 AM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(jin^manusia @ Oct 7 2017, 09:39 PM)
About 26k only.. how much only can get from it?
Google mudah how much is your market value. If it is within 26k... then u can expect u will get that amount. If higher, 26k it is.

Say they low ball u, u give them the link and pls appeal. That is ur right
saigetsu
post Oct 8 2017, 09:19 AM

On my way

QUOTE(lcs87 @ Oct 7 2017, 10:47 PM)
Hi,

Last friday my car was hit by a reversing car who did not put back to D after using reverse gear.

I am kinda confused with the police keputusan report retrieval.

Is it true that:

1. I need to go apply for keputusan at the balai polis trafik at Jalan Tun HS Lee.

2. Then they will give a tentative date of the day where the keputusan is ready.

For my case, both of us made report together after the incident. Will it take long time?
Yes.

Yes. 14 working days

14 working days from they day u make polis report.

U decide.

Dont forget to call YOUR insurance company notify them.

jin^manusia
post Oct 8 2017, 02:11 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 8 2017, 09:17 AM)
Google mudah how much is your market value. If it is within 26k... then u can expect u will get that amount. If higher,  26k it is.

Say they low ball u, u give them the link and pls appeal. That is ur right
If the market value is about 20k only? How much can get?
saigetsu
post Oct 8 2017, 08:48 PM

On my way

QUOTE(jin^manusia @ Oct 8 2017, 02:11 PM)
Expect 20k
saigetsu
post Oct 8 2017, 08:49 PM

On my way

QUOTE(jin^manusia @ Oct 8 2017, 02:11 PM)
Does ur policy has number 87 anywhere?

If yes then u will get 26k
lcs87
post Oct 8 2017, 08:57 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 8 2017, 09:19 AM)
Yes.

Yes. 14 working days

14 working days from they day u make polis report.

U decide.
Dont forget to call YOUR insurance company notify them.
Alright thanks.

Will call the insurance company tomorrow.

jin^manusia
post Oct 8 2017, 10:41 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 8 2017, 08:49 PM)
Does ur policy has number 87 anywhere?

If yes then u will get 26k
will check about it... tqvm boss....
burn1892
post Oct 28 2017, 10:55 AM

can i claim “loss of use” compensation if it is my fault and my car needs repair.

scenario: I hit a car, the party claims from my insurance, for which I’ll lose the NCD, and I want to claim for my car repairs as well with the car needing to be at their workshop for about a month.
saigetsu
post Oct 29 2017, 02:56 AM

On my way

QUOTE(burn1892 @ Oct 28 2017, 10:55 AM)
can i claim “loss of use” compensation if it is my fault and my car needs repair.

scenario: I hit a car, the party claims from my insurance, for which I’ll lose the NCD, and I want to claim for my car repairs as well with the car needing to be at their workshop for about a month.
No. Cannot.
peace_lover
post Oct 30 2017, 01:07 PM

Casual

I was told by Berjaya Sompo, if motorcycle hit my car and police result concluded it was motorcyclist fault but motorcyclist stated got minor injuries after he hit me then whoever I claim insurance, my NCD gone.

This is so unfair right? not my fault but my NCD gone?!
saigetsu
post Oct 30 2017, 01:50 PM

On my way

QUOTE(peace_lover @ Oct 30 2017, 01:07 PM)
I was told by Berjaya Sompo, if motorcycle hit my car and police result concluded it was motorcyclist fault but motorcyclist stated got minor injuries after he hit me then whoever I claim insurance, my NCD gone.

This is so unfair right? not my fault but my NCD gone?!
yes correct. unfair but, think about this, that motorcyclist suffer some serious injury. and nobody gonna pay his medical.

but this will change soon. new product from insurance companoes will protect your ncd from this kind of case
peace_lover
post Oct 30 2017, 02:10 PM

Casual

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 30 2017, 01:50 PM)
yes correct. unfair but, think about this, that motorcyclist suffer some serious injury. and nobody gonna pay his medical.

but this will change soon. new product from insurance companoes will protect your ncd from this kind of case
well, if motorcyclist is injured and is his own fault that caused himself injured, he has to bear himself, right? is his own carelessness that cause the bill. I am also a motorcyclist and I know I have to be careful while riding motorcycle, and I involve in few accident before and I have to pay my own medical bill.

now I am victim of somebody else's carelessness and I have to bear the consequences? rclxub.gif
saigetsu
post Oct 30 2017, 09:11 PM

On my way

QUOTE(peace_lover @ Oct 30 2017, 02:10 PM)
well, if motorcyclist is injured and is his own fault that caused himself injured, he has to bear himself, right? is his own carelessness that cause the bill. I am also a motorcyclist and I know I have to be careful while riding motorcycle, and I involve in few accident before and I have to pay my own medical bill.

now I am victim of somebody else's carelessness and I have to bear the consequences?  rclxub.gif
Thats how it works.
johnson1992
post Nov 7 2017, 11:32 PM

Group: Newbie

Dear all,

I want to ask about LOU, my car took 43 days from accident, repair and collection of the car. The car company said the repair work will take about 2-3 weeks. So i am very concerned about the LOU, since i live far away from my work place.

Lets make it short, if the work takes longer than adjuster recommended, who is responsible to pay for the remaining days ? And why would the adjuster recommend a days that is incompatible with the workshop?

The insurance only paid 14 days, it seems many people face the same issue that workshop taking longer time than expected. What is the solution ? What if the appointed car workshop is a proper dealer ?

anson18
post Nov 8 2017, 12:33 AM

Hi All, would like to ask for advise. I'm having car accident at PLUS highway which i was hit the lorry tyre in the middle of the road during night time and causes the serious damage on my condenser compressor, radiator and etc.

27/10: I submitted all the necessary documents to PLUS for the insurance claim. However, I has been told by PLUS insurance dept that the processing time might take minimum 30days or more.

Therefore, is it i'm able to claim the "loss of use" from PLUS? Because they told me that i only able to claim for the repairing cost and normally they will pay us half of the total cost only!!!

7/11: I decided to claim from my insurance first while waiting for PLUS. Because, was told by PLUS that i can go ahead to claim for my insurance first while waiting for their investigation.

Please advise for the case above. Anything wrong and is it I really not entitle to claim for loss of use?
saigetsu
post Nov 8 2017, 01:06 AM

On my way

QUOTE(johnson1992 @ Nov 7 2017, 11:32 PM)
Dear all,

I want to ask about LOU, my car took 43 days from accident, repair and collection of the car. The car company said the repair work will take about 2-3 weeks. So i am very concerned about the LOU, since i live far away from my work place.

Lets make it short, if the work takes longer than adjuster recommended, who is responsible to pay for the remaining days ? And why would the adjuster recommend a days that is incompatible with the workshop?

The insurance only paid 14 days, it seems many people face the same issue that workshop taking longer time than expected. What is the solution ? What if the appointed car workshop is a proper dealer ?
U can argue back with company thats all. Try nego.
saigetsu
post Nov 8 2017, 01:08 AM

On my way

QUOTE(anson18 @ Nov 8 2017, 12:33 AM)
Hi All, would like to ask for advise. I'm having car accident at PLUS highway which i was hit the lorry tyre in the middle of the road during night time and causes the serious damage on my condenser compressor, radiator and etc.

27/10: I submitted all the necessary documents to PLUS for the insurance claim. However, I has been told by PLUS insurance dept that the processing time might take minimum 30days or more.

Therefore, is it i'm able to claim the "loss of use" from PLUS? Because they told me that i only able to claim for the repairing cost and normally they will pay us half of the total cost only!!!

7/11: I decided to claim from my insurance first while waiting for PLUS. Because, was told by PLUS that i can go ahead to claim for my insurance first while waiting for their investigation.

Please advise for the case above. Anything wrong and is it I really not entitle to claim for loss of use?
U need to hire lawyer to claim this case mang.

And y do u want ro claim from ur insurance? Ull lose ur ncd.u ll have bad record

Andy0625
post Nov 9 2017, 05:44 PM

Certified Newbie

Anyone can share what's the main differences between CART and LOU? Is it worth to add on to etiqa standard policy?
saigetsu
post Nov 15 2017, 10:05 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Andy0625 @ Nov 9 2017, 05:44 PM)
Anyone can share what's the main differences between CART and LOU? Is it worth to add on to etiqa standard policy?
Cart when u salah. U can claim like loss of use of car. Like u bang other car. U claim own damage to repair car. So the period u unavle to use car u can claim. Or u hit tree. Ur own fault.

Lou is when somebody hit u. He salah. So u claim loss of use of car against his insurance. Not yours.

Worth? It is worth when u accident and its your own fault.

37 Pages « < 35 36 37Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0713sec    4.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 09:19 PM