Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ACNE, Please come in and share your experience

views

hyperwavedrift
post Mar 6 2018, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

Hey so Benzac has been discontinued. Sucks because it was definitely reducing my acne. Ran out of it halfway through, tried to replced it with Oxy but doesn't work. I'm looking at Mycin gel, anyone had luck with it?
wongtheboy92
post Mar 14 2018, 03:58 PM

Enthusiast
802 posts

QUOTE(hyperwavedrift @ Mar 6 2018, 11:50 AM)
Hey so Benzac has been discontinued. Sucks because it was definitely reducing my acne. Ran out of it halfway through, tried to replced it with Oxy but doesn't work. I'm looking at Mycin gel, anyone had luck with it?
Yeah there is only 5% Benzac available in the market now.
hyperwavedrift
post Mar 16 2018, 01:26 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(wongtheboy92 @ Mar 14 2018, 03:58 PM)
Yeah there is only 5% Benzac available in the market now.
I asked the pharmacist and they said the brand has been terminated. The 5% Benzac on the shelves is them clearing out stock.
wongtheboy92
post Mar 16 2018, 09:45 AM

Enthusiast
802 posts

QUOTE(hyperwavedrift @ Mar 16 2018, 01:26 AM)
I asked the pharmacist and they said the brand has been terminated. The 5% Benzac on the shelves is them clearing out stock.
So, for the BP, any good recommendation to replace this Benzac? hmm..
pschow778
post Apr 21 2018, 12:13 AM

5 posts

anyone heard about chloracne?
hihihehe
post Apr 24 2018, 05:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,450 posts

i have give up with the skin care products and decided to go for laser treatment for acne/scars

anyone did dual yellow light laser and how effective it is? any recommended clinic?
paraben
post Mar 19 2019, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

I saw some people promoting CDL products here, my friend is one of the victim from the product. When she started using it, it was so good that make your skin so smooth, once she stopped, all acne came out and side effects on her skin, especially face part. Full of acne and she has to deal with it for few months until the side effects are gone.

So be your own judge.

Related news i found online
http://news.seehua.com/?p=413682
http://www.sinchew.com.my/node/1825314
rmichael837 P
post Apr 27 2019, 04:18 PM

Probation
0 posts

All depends on the severity of your acne. As said before Benzoyl Peroxide can be a good treatment to begin with it. However, if this doesn't work it's better to contact a dermatologist so he can prescribe you antibiotics. For severe forms the only treatment left is Accutane.
SwarmTroll
post Sep 17 2019, 09:49 AM

Regular
1,281 posts

Curious, is this thread still active?
TSjinyee80
post Oct 1 2019, 07:21 AM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

QUOTE(abby_sim @ Dec 15 2017, 04:37 PM)
It seems AA pharmacy also discontinue selling Benzac 2.5%
They are selling back now!
Anna Young P
post Nov 18 2019, 06:22 PM

Probation
0 posts

I had hormonal acne when I was a teenager. I went to the dermatologist a few times and invested so much money in high-end skincare products but nothing worked! When I turned 21 and still suffered from acne, a friend who also suffered from acne suggested Accutane. I mentioned it to my parents and they decided to take me to the derm clinic again. I started taking Accutane (lowest dosage) for 3+ months and my skin cleared up! I still get a couple of pimples especially during my period but they're not as bad as before. Right now I'm focusing on keeping my skin clear of scars and dark spots. I've been using products from The Ordinary and some Korean brands, and my skin has never been happier.

On a side note, if you decide to take Accutane, please do some research on it and the side effects. It's a pretty strong drug that may disrupt your digestive system. Someone told me that Accutane needs to be taken with probiotics to help balance the pH in the gut but I'm not sure how true this is. Unfortunately for me, I started getting recurring yeast infections after taking Accutane. But one visit to the OBGYN solved my problem and I don't get the infections anymore.

In other words, my acne journey has been a roller coaster ride! But I'm glad that everything is under control now.
evelyn hoo P
post Nov 29 2019, 02:23 PM

Probation
2 posts

To solve acne problems must first deep clean the skin. I know Halo and You Deep Cleansing Face Mask can help solve it. This is the best face mask that I used compared to other brands. It really shows the results in just 1application. The mask really deep clean face and brighten+moiturise the face. It suck out those face's dirt,oil, cosmetic residual.. Can learn more here>https://www.haloandyou.com/products/trio-bio-deep-cleansing-mask

https://pictr.com/images/2019/11/29/5uhZQ8.md.jpg
SwarmTroll
post Feb 14 2020, 11:32 AM

Regular
1,281 posts

Anyone still on this regimen?
winxclubcheese
post Aug 28 2021, 03:01 PM

39 posts

I developed acne after I wore a mask, my face now is full of acne.

I'm very upset about this, is anyone facing this problem and solution suggestions for this?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:19 AM