Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

203 Pages « < 150 151 152 153 154 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to choose a good Cooker Hoods & Gas Hobs ?, Kitchen appliances hood / hob / oven

views

SUSAsquith
post Aug 1 2020, 01:05 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(yong_ccy @ Jul 31 2020, 08:45 PM)
Wanna ask, what is the standard size gap between hood and hob?
If it is a gas hob then the minimum should be 650mm and if it is electric then minimum is 550mm. Maximum recommended for both is 800mm but I have had hoods mounted at 900mm without issues but the higher it is then it better be a more powerful one.

I am now using this hood. The manufacturer recommends a minimum height of 400mm at its lowest point.
user posted image

I am experimenting whether raising it by 200mm makes any significant difference to its efficiency.
post Aug 1 2020, 10:21 AM

Workaholic
2,712 posts

Hi,
I'm contemplating to get induction or ceramic hob.
I do understand the perks of ceramic hob can use any pots and pans, but I'm concern on the safety and heat efficiency of ceramic.

I've been using Rubine induction for the past 8 years, no issues at all.

Btw any brand for hood + induction/ceramic hob recommendation?
coolguy99
post Aug 1 2020, 11:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

Any recommendation for a combo of hood + hob for 2k?

Moderate cooking. Prefer easy cleaning and maintenance.

Not sure if I would go for electric or gas burner? Any advice?
ad3rb33n
post Aug 1 2020, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

Hi any possibility anyone come across getting a kitchen hood with an additional make up air system (fan or even blower) for house? I lean towards getting a total open kitchen but we do heavy cooking (sambal, frying etc)...Can't find much information on this (for Malaysia market) except some YouTube from US builder which make a hood "within hood" https://youtu.be/RJ-WF7gaiXA
Does it worth to go such extent or building an separate enclosed wet kitchen for heavy cooking more worth it?
SUSAsquith
post Aug 2 2020, 05:05 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(10071985 @ Aug 1 2020, 10:21 AM)
Hi,
I'm contemplating to get induction or ceramic hob.
I do understand the perks of ceramic hob can use any pots and pans, but I'm concern on the safety and heat efficiency of ceramic.

I've been using Rubine induction for the past 8 years, no issues at all.

Btw any brand for hood + induction/ceramic hob recommendation?
The idea that you can use any pot or pan on a ceramic hob is an inherently false one as it does not handle ceramic or heavy cast iron pans all that well and it only works best if the pan is same size as the burner. Also where it is a thick base pot or pan the ceramic hob does not do a very good job when it comes to heat control.

Personally I will stay with induction hobs if you have been using induction.

Good brands for hood? The best ones? Fujioh and Fotile. The decent ones are Bosch, Electrolux, Teka and Pacifica. The less expensive but performs is Midea. All of these brands I have had experiences with and can vouch for it that it can definitely perform.

Hobs? When it comes to induction cookers Bosch ones are the best. Ceramics, as long as it uses Schott Ceran glass and EGO heating elements then they are all mostly the same.

My family homes that are landed with a wet kitchen have always had Rinnai inner flame gas hobs and Fujioh hoods. While dry kitchens always had Teka hoods and hobs. Condos have always had Electrolux appliances and when they get updated it is replaced with Bosch for the dry.

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Aug 1 2020, 11:10 AM)
Any recommendation for a combo of hood + hob for 2k?

Moderate cooking. Prefer easy cleaning and maintenance.

Not sure if I would go for electric or gas burner? Any advice?
I am guessing here that moderate cooking refers to 3 or 4 dinners cooked at home? Midea would fit your budget and you will get the performance but not necessarily the looks and premium feel.

Gas you lose a bit of cabinet space for a gas tank while electric if you not have a 20A power point then you would need to pull one. Electric tops are much easier to clean and maintain than gas ones.

QUOTE(ad3rb33n @ Aug 1 2020, 03:59 PM)
Hi any possibility anyone come across getting a kitchen hood with an additional make up air system (fan or even blower) for house? I lean towards getting a total open kitchen but we do heavy cooking (sambal, frying etc)...Can't find much information on this (for Malaysia market) except some YouTube from US builder which make a hood "within hood" https://youtu.be/RJ-WF7gaiXA
Does it worth to go such extent or building an separate enclosed wet kitchen for heavy cooking more worth it?
It is not a mainstream system even in USA. Also it may not necessarily work all that well in a Malaysian house which are far from air tight.

What you might be interested in is a Daikin kitchen ventilation system that needs to be plugged in to their home central air conditioning system. It is far from cheap as it cost RM130k to do a 7 room bungalow with 3 living rooms, 2 kitchens and 8 bathrooms, that is not inclusive of the piping and labour.

Another system that might work for you is a TUMA Flow2One system together with a good kitchen hood.

coolguy99
post Aug 2 2020, 09:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(Asquith @ Aug 2 2020, 05:05 PM)
The idea that you can use any pot or pan on a ceramic hob is an inherently false one as it does not handle ceramic or heavy cast iron pans all that well and it only works best if the pan is same size as the burner. Also where it is a thick base pot or pan the ceramic hob does not do a very good job when it comes to heat control.

Personally I will stay with induction hobs if you have been using induction.

Good brands for hood? The best ones? Fujioh and Fotile. The decent ones are Bosch, Electrolux, Teka and Pacifica. The less expensive but performs is Midea. All of these brands I have had experiences with and can vouch for it that it can definitely perform.

Hobs? When it comes to induction cookers Bosch ones are the best. Ceramics, as long as it uses Schott Ceran glass and EGO heating elements then they are all mostly the same.

My family homes that are landed with a wet kitchen have always had Rinnai inner flame gas hobs and Fujioh hoods. While dry kitchens always had Teka hoods and hobs. Condos have always had Electrolux appliances and when they get updated it is replaced with Bosch for the dry.
I am guessing here that moderate cooking refers to 3 or 4 dinners cooked at home? Midea would fit your budget and you will get the performance but not necessarily the looks and premium feel.

Gas you lose a bit of cabinet space for a gas tank while electric if you not have a 20A power point then you would need to pull one. Electric tops are much easier to clean and maintain than gas ones.
It is not a mainstream system even in USA. Also it may not necessarily work all that well in a Malaysian house which are far from air tight.

What you might be interested in is a Daikin kitchen ventilation system that needs to be plugged in to their home central air conditioning system. It is far from cheap as it cost RM130k to do a 7 room bungalow with 3 living rooms, 2 kitchens and 8 bathrooms, that is not inclusive of the piping and labour.

Another system that might work for you is a TUMA Flow2One system together with a good kitchen hood.
I checked out Fotile as it was recommended by most people in this forum. Is it possible to get hood + hob with a budget of 3k? I am actually leaning towards an electric hob, but I am not very sure about this as I have not used it before.

C&D
post Aug 2 2020, 10:26 PM

Enthusiast
840 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jul 20 2020, 09:27 AM)
plenty option below rm 2k, livinox, rubine sure can fit
Where is your shop located?
C&D
post Aug 2 2020, 10:27 PM

Enthusiast
840 posts

What about Senz? Is it a good option?
SUSAsquith
post Aug 3 2020, 03:05 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Aug 2 2020, 09:22 PM)
I checked out Fotile as it was recommended by most people in this forum. Is it possible to get hood + hob with a budget of 3k? I am actually leaning towards an electric hob, but I am not very sure about this as I have not used it before.
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/free-del...49a0qVDI4P&mp=1

Here you go.

Though I would suggest you go to an actual shop or Fotile dealer to check if you could have a better deal than what is published online.

Also there is a chat function on their website that could lead you to a nearby dealer that may have one you could switch on to test and feel if it is something you would like to fork out money. When I was looking for a hood I asked on the Fotile website whether there was a shop nearby me that had a unit that I could switch on and was led to a shop in Kepong that not just I could switch on but it was also connected to a duct. The best part there were many other hoods I could switch on to compare the difference as well.
pacatbesar
post Aug 5 2020, 10:10 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

I’m installing ELBA hood ( EH-G9026ST), just asking for opinions, how the wiring (socket) to install in best way, no exposed surface if possible.

user posted image
Thejs P
post Aug 6 2020, 01:13 AM

Probation
22 posts

QUOTE(ad3rb33n @ Aug 1 2020, 03:59 PM)
Hi if you ever find a good solution for a total open kitchen, do reply here. I also will do heavy cooking, deep frying.

My house does not have a separate wet kitchen at the moment, the kitchen area is quite large and open.
Backyard space is quite small, around 3x5ft

1) Spend money on a hood and a partition to separate the wet and dry kitchen. Takes up money and space in teh kitchen.
2) Just put the cooking outside at the backyard, put an anwning overhead.

But worried about option 2):
a) dust/flies when coooking outside. I suppose they find their way indoor either way?
b) Rain too with strong wind, in the Malaysian weather. Perhaps some blinds will help with this?
SUSAsquith
post Aug 6 2020, 01:30 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(pacatbesar @ Aug 5 2020, 10:10 PM)
I’m installing ELBA hood ( EH-G9026ST), just asking for opinions, how the wiring (socket) to install in best way, no exposed surface if possible.
user posted image

For my hood, I placed the wire in a conduit and hid it in the chimney flute. I have a power socket there and left it be as I am not doing any wet works.

In your situation, I would suggest you place it there and have a kill switch at either of the red circles.
TSzheilwane
post Aug 6 2020, 11:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(Thejs @ Aug 6 2020, 01:13 AM)
Hi if you ever find a good solution for a total open kitchen, do reply here. I also will do heavy cooking, deep frying.

My house does not have a separate wet kitchen at the moment, the kitchen area is quite large and open.
Backyard space is quite small, around 3x5ft
1) Spend money on a hood and a partition to separate the wet and dry kitchen. Takes up money and space in teh kitchen.
2) Just put the cooking outside at the backyard, put an anwning overhead.

But worried about option 2):
a) dust/flies when coooking outside. I suppose they find their way indoor either way?
b) Rain too with strong wind, in the Malaysian weather. Perhaps some blinds will help with this?
i think the video is a bit hard to do in malaysia, the duct to big... and u need two. not practical.

my home, tested and proven to be good, minimal smell

StellaLang P
post Aug 7 2020, 05:54 PM

Probation
1 posts

Check out Unfinished Furniture Colorado's unfinished furniture. My friend availed their services and it was good. A place for catching up with friends and loved ones as you share memories and food. You can check the samples here: https://www.unfinishedfurniturecolorado.com/
cryheart
post Aug 7 2020, 11:52 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

hi all, any electrical hob below rm2k recommend?

2 hob will do
SUSAsquith
post Aug 8 2020, 01:11 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(cryheart @ Aug 7 2020, 11:52 PM)

2 hob will do
2 hob side by side or top and bottom?
TSzheilwane
post Aug 8 2020, 10:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(cryheart @ Aug 7 2020, 11:52 PM)

2 hob will do
livinox is around rm 1k only if u looking for hob. or Hood + electrical hob, also within 2k budget
wuwah
post Aug 9 2020, 01:31 AM

ai ai ai~
1,153 posts

hello, i'm in quite tight budget.
RUBINE COOKER HOOD RCH-BOXLINE-X-90SS or ELBA HOOD ELEGANTE EH-G9026ST is ok?

Moderate cooking, will be vented out.

Addition: Is stainless steel gas hob will look very bad after a while? I'm quite concern on the shattered glass hob, so is thinking to go for stainless steel model instead of tempered glass. Any one has experience to share?

Thanks

This post has been edited by wuwah: Aug 9 2020, 01:44 AM
OkuboNX
post Aug 9 2020, 02:35 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(Asquith @ Aug 1 2020, 01:05 AM)
If it is a gas hob then the minimum should be 650mm and if it is electric then minimum is 550mm. Maximum recommended for both is 800mm but I have had hoods mounted at 900mm without issues but the higher it is then it better be a more powerful one.

I am now using this hood. The manufacturer recommends a minimum height of 400mm at its lowest point.
user posted image

I am experimenting whether raising it by 200mm makes any significant difference to its efficiency.
Hi, I see ur hood is those angled type, how much higher have u installed it? 400mm?

I bought a slanting type too (DWK97JQ60B), from the manual mentioned minimum distance of 600mm from the cooktop to the bottom of the hood, but my ID was asking if im sure of this, current plan is to put a distance of 640mm,.cause he mentioned some of his clients had problems with these type, although im not sure what is the model that they are using or if that even matters.
SUSAsquith
post Aug 9 2020, 02:50 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(OkuboNX @ Aug 9 2020, 02:35 AM)
Hi, I see ur hood is those angled type, how much higher have u installed it? 400mm?

I bought a slanting type too (DWK97JQ60B), from the manual mentioned minimum distance of 600mm from the cooktop to the bottom of the hood, but my ID was asking if im sure of this, current plan is to put a distance of 640mm,.cause he mentioned some of his clients had problems with these type, although im not sure what is the model that they are using or if that even matters.
The manufacturer stated the minimum, I tried mounting it at 400mm and 550mm, there were no noticeable differences in performance or noise. but the higher mount made it more convenient and it also meant I did not need to modify my backsplash.

If you are happy at it being at 600mm then insist on it being so, what were the nature of the problems with these hoods that your ID said? I have been following and reading up a lot on these types of hoods never encountered any issues other than due to poor ducting.

203 Pages « < 150 151 152 153 154 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0415sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:39 PM