Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
138 Pages « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Credit Cards Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards V3, Let's talk about SCB's credit card here

views

Andrew G
post Apr 12 2014, 12:52 PM

27 posts

Applied SCB JustOne Platinum through Groupon promo on 13rd February 2014, and been approved on 17th February 2014. Groupon promo was Free gift of Philips Shoqbox (first 200th approved applicants), Or Free RM250 Groupon credit (GUARANTEED for 201st approved applicants onwards, until 26th February 2014).

However, only after numerous complaints via email sent, thus been informed by Groupon on 11st April 2014 that they just received the first batch of the approved applicants by SCB which did not got my name in the list?

Hence, can we put any trust on SCB again on any current or future promotions with Groupon?

For your information, the current SCB promo with the Groupon's free gift of Casio watch or cameras, were ONLY applicable for the FIRST 200th approved applicants. How do you know-clarify whether you are really in that FIRST 200th approved applicants? IF not, you will get none of the free gifts here but IMMEDIATELY charges of RM50 GST tax into your card statement to be paid only.

Is this worth for try?
SUSMNet
post Apr 12 2014, 07:25 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

yes there is no harm
adolph
post Apr 13 2014, 08:15 AM

Hail the hitler
832 posts

QUOTE(toysRash @ Apr 12 2014, 12:02 AM)
guys,

I just received my SC WorldMiles CC...
so I will get 1 WorldMiles point per RM3 spend and can redeem it for MAS enrich point/AirAsia BIG...
so I need to pair/combine my enrich/Big account with my cc or what?

coz my aeon cc is combined with my jcard, but for sc I dunno...  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
It UP to you >

1000 worldmiles points > 1000 MAS / 1000 KRISFLYER / 1000 AIRASIA

whether MAS, KRISFLYER or AIRASIA >

To redeem, you must have a valid account from any of three AIRLINES.
adolph
post Apr 13 2014, 08:20 AM

Hail the hitler
832 posts

QUOTE(leo_kiatez @ Apr 7 2014, 01:29 PM)
You must be frequent spender using their SC card..How much amount do you spend annually on your SC credit cards for such a generous offer?  wink.gif
you can spend nothing and still GET the waiver >

As long you maintain good account with BANK,

SIMPLE >
cempedaklife
post Apr 13 2014, 10:58 AM

Master Decoy
4,017 posts

QUOTE(Andrew G @ Apr 12 2014, 12:52 PM)
Applied SCB JustOne Platinum through Groupon promo on 13rd February 2014, and been approved on 17th February 2014. Groupon promo was Free gift of Philips Shoqbox (first 200th approved applicants), Or Free RM250 Groupon credit (GUARANTEED for 201st approved applicants onwards, until 26th February 2014).

However, only after numerous complaints via email sent, thus been informed by Groupon on 11st April 2014 that they just received the first batch of the approved applicants by SCB which did not got my name in the list?

Hence, can we put any trust on SCB again on any current or future promotions with Groupon?

For your information, the current SCB promo with the Groupon's free gift of Casio watch or cameras, were ONLY applicable for the FIRST 200th approved applicants. How do you know-clarify whether you are really in that FIRST 200th approved applicants? IF not, you will get none of the free gifts here but IMMEDIATELY charges of RM50 GST tax into your card statement to be paid only.

Is this worth for try?
You must have known there is a risk to deal with this kind of "first xxx applicant". Nothing to blame on the bank or deal site

This post has been edited by cempedaklife: Apr 13 2014, 10:58 AM
leo_kiatez
post Apr 14 2014, 09:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,087 posts

QUOTE(adolph @ Apr 13 2014, 08:20 AM)
you can spend nothing and still GET the waiver >

As long you maintain good account with BANK,

SIMPLE >
Thanks..Haha, what does GOOD account with bank means? Paying the credit card bills on time or not paying the credit card bills?? biggrin.gif
victorywp
post Apr 14 2014, 09:56 AM

V.I.P
All Stars
11,677 posts

QUOTE(leo_kiatez @ Apr 14 2014, 09:28 AM)
Thanks..Haha, what does GOOD account with bank means? Paying the credit card bills on time or not paying the credit card bills?? biggrin.gif
paying but only minimum amount (so the bank happily earn high interest from you)... LOL! tongue.gif
adolph
post Apr 14 2014, 11:04 AM

Hail the hitler
832 posts

QUOTE(leo_kiatez @ Apr 14 2014, 09:28 AM)
PAY at least mininum payment or full payment >

And serve all those loans in good manner WITHOUT delayed in payment.

that 's call GOODWILL.
leo_kiatez
post Apr 14 2014, 11:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,087 posts

QUOTE(victorywp @ Apr 14 2014, 09:56 AM)
paying but only minimum amount (so the bank happily earn high interest from you)... LOL!  tongue.gif
QUOTE(adolph @ Apr 14 2014, 11:04 AM)
PAY at least mininum payment or full payment >

And serve all those loans in good manner WITHOUT delayed in payment.

that 's call GOODWILL.
Oic..are you all from banking sectors? Why know the rules so well... biggrin.gif
Paying high interest would definitely make banks happy,but not me..lol
leo_kiatez
post Apr 14 2014, 11:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,087 posts

Is this worth for try?
statement "first 200th approved applicants" is un-transparent..Can call up CS to request for complimentary gifts as replacement?
adolph
post Apr 14 2014, 05:19 PM

Hail the hitler
832 posts

QUOTE(leo_kiatez @ Apr 14 2014, 11:16 AM)
Oic..are you all from banking sectors? Why know the rules so well... biggrin.gif
ya, BANKING Sector >

Not really, IF you make full payment, the bank earned NOTHING.

your financial report look healthy >
you can get better interest and much saving in future if you APPLY LOAN in future.

adolph
post Apr 14 2014, 05:20 PM

Hail the hitler
832 posts

QUOTE(leo_kiatez @ Apr 14 2014, 11:16 AM)
not APPLICABLE,

That's why IT A PROMO.
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE.
onnying88
post Apr 14 2014, 11:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,663 posts

Is this worth for try?
You will still get your rm250 groupon credit, no?

SUSvmammoth
post Apr 15 2014, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

I'm having the business platinum since 2011. At first the deal seems ok. now this card looks like useless. There're many better offers out there. I'm gonna cancel my card soon.
victorywp
post Apr 15 2014, 07:48 PM

V.I.P
All Stars
11,677 posts

QUOTE(vmammoth @ Apr 15 2014, 06:25 PM)
I'm having the business platinum since 2011. At first the deal seems ok. now this card looks like useless. There're many better offers out there. I'm gonna cancel my card soon.
i just cancelled my business platinum recently.
Andrew G
post Apr 15 2014, 09:03 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(onnying88 @ Apr 14 2014, 11:52 PM)
You will still get your rm250 groupon credit, no?
Supposedly to. However until today as 15th April 2014, the Free gift of Philips Shoqbox (claimed worth as RM772) Or Free RM250 Groupon credit still not yet delivered nor credited into my Groupon account since the card approval on 17th February 2014. Even if I'm not in the first 200th approved applicants list, I should get the Free RM250 Groupon credit that was GUARANTEED for the 201st approved applicants' application onwards through Groupon until 26th February 2014.

Nevertheless, I'm still waiting for their reply regarding to this matter. If there is still no Free gift nor Free credit being rewarded as been advertised here: https://www.groupon.my/deals/national-deal/...-bank/718005387 by another one month duration, I would IMMEDIATELY terminate and cancel this useless SCB JustOne Platinum Mastercard.

Therefore, ask yourself this: Can we still believe again on any of these so-called promotions for "First xxxth / xxxxth / xxxxxth, etc on successful applicants" in the future, as even though in my case here was for GUARANTEED term?

May I know any forumer here got applied for this same promotion and has already got the Free gift or the Free RM250 Groupon credit? Please share. Thank you.
Pre-Loved
post Apr 16 2014, 11:49 PM

35 posts

CC products cease to be competitive once their target was reached, thats why we always hear the 'Promotion' wording..... The tend to play the marketing tricks to convince their products is most attractive after some time will have many cards cancelled and it told me that they started to trimmed down their promotion...... And will introduce another products to ask you switched over!!! U know what the figures is? If 10k applicants is their first target and the second products they succeeded switched/apply new products thats gonna be another 5k!!! This all is marketing tricks to race for the CC statistics for their own agenda/profit. Well i was one of them..... But not the second product.
cx2531
post Apr 23 2014, 02:03 PM

On my way
555 posts

QUOTE(Andrew G @ Apr 15 2014, 09:03 PM)
Supposedly to. However until today as 15th April 2014, the Free gift of Philips Shoqbox (claimed worth as RM772) Or Free RM250 Groupon credit still not yet delivered nor credited into my Groupon account since the card approval on 17th February 2014. Even if I'm not in the first 200th approved applicants list, I should get the Free RM250 Groupon credit that was GUARANTEED for the 201st approved applicants' application onwards through Groupon until 26th February 2014.

Nevertheless, I'm still waiting for their reply regarding to this matter. If there is still no Free gift nor Free credit being rewarded as been advertised here: https://www.groupon.my/deals/national-deal/...-bank/718005387 by another one month duration, I would IMMEDIATELY terminate and cancel this useless SCB JustOne Platinum Mastercard.

Therefore, ask yourself this: Can we still believe again on any of these so-called promotions for "First xxxth / xxxxth / xxxxxth, etc on successful applicants" in the future, as even though in my case here was for GUARANTEED term?

May I know any forumer here got applied for this same promotion and has already got the Free gift or the Free RM250 Groupon credit? Please share. Thank you.
my fren also apply the promotion at groupon. is the pandora free gift. until now haven received the pandora (facepalm)
ChipZ
post Apr 27 2014, 11:53 AM

Regular
1,252 posts

Hi SC users,

I applied for SC World Miles Credit Card, and noticed in the first month statement there is a RM50 service tax. Will this be refunded because I was told there are no charges at all during application.
Andrew G
post Apr 27 2014, 12:53 PM

27 posts

Would never and won't apply for this SCB WorldMiles Mastercard, as it got none any special benefits or higher status, even its minimum income requirement has been increased to fake RM100K from cheap RM24K!!

Nowadays, many credit card issuers increasing/changing their minimum income requirement to "fake" per annum amount from their initially "cheap" per annum amount; in order to make their cards like got some "fake imaginary" higher status??

This absolutely won't works, as user would always remembered the respective card's old initially "cheap" per annum amount, thus it's a cheap card anyway.

Who wants a credit card with a reward of 1 point per RM1 spends? Furthermore, this cheap SCB WorldMiles Mastercard only rewarding 1 point per RM3 spends!! Definitely a big NO!!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

138 Pages « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0348sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:55 PM