Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

JPJ Number Plate Registration

views

WSWSJ P
post Jun 1 2019, 10:10 AM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(ahlin @ Jun 1 2019, 07:50 AM)
As for as I'm concern, you need to go back to the state JPJ where the car plate belongs. I just done extension for my VCV car plate and I was told I only can do at Wilayah JPJ.
Oh I see, then might need to go back to Perak. Thanks for the info! When you extended your number plate, how much did you have to pay?
ahlin
post Jun 1 2019, 04:26 PM

Be Nice.
1,333 posts

QUOTE(WSWSJ @ Jun 1 2019, 10:10 AM)
Oh I see, then might need to go back to Perak. Thanks for the info! When you extended your number plate, how much did you have to pay?
As long as you extend before the 3 months expiry, you won’t be charged.
Chester
post Jun 2 2019, 01:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,380 posts

I used mysikap to buy a number. How do i reprint the proof of the number i purchased?
ahlin
post Jun 2 2019, 03:13 PM

Be Nice.
1,333 posts

QUOTE(Chester @ Jun 2 2019, 01:51 AM)
I used mysikap to  buy a number. How do i reprint the proof of the number i purchased?
Log in, go to perkhidmatan lain, then click carian, you should see your transaction history.
WSWSJ P
post Jun 2 2019, 09:03 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(ahlin @ Jun 1 2019, 04:26 PM)
As long as you extend before the 3 months expiry, you won’t be charged.
thank u! What’s the process you went through? Just go to jpj, fill in form? Need to see the manager? Trying to search through the thread.... thanks very much.
ahlin
post Jun 2 2019, 09:33 PM

Be Nice.
1,333 posts

QUOTE(WSWSJ @ Jun 2 2019, 09:03 PM)
thank u! What’s the process you went through? Just go to jpj, fill in form? Need to see the manager? Trying to search through the thread.... thanks very much.
Type a formal letter indicate you want to extend, and reason for the extension, with your IC photocopy, meet the pengarah, get approval then proceed to counter for extension.
WSWSJ P
post Jun 2 2019, 09:53 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(ahlin @ Jun 2 2019, 09:33 PM)
Type a formal letter indicate you want to extend, and reason for the extension, with your IC photocopy, meet the pengarah, get approval then proceed to counter for extension.
Do I have to write how long I want to extend for? What’s the maximum I can extend it for? Address it to the Pengarah of JPJ Ipoh (in my case because it is perak plate)?
ahlin
post Jun 3 2019, 12:22 AM

Be Nice.
1,333 posts

QUOTE(WSWSJ @ Jun 2 2019, 09:53 PM)
Do I have to write how long I want to extend for? What’s the maximum I can extend it for? Address it to the Pengarah of JPJ Ipoh (in my case because it is perak plate)?
Maximum should be 3 months, and address it to Pengarah Perak.
Attached Image
WSWSJ P
post Jun 3 2019, 11:07 AM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(ahlin @ Jun 2 2019, 09:33 PM)
Do I need to make an appointment before going to see the pengarah? Or just walk in and take number? The letter I submit beforehand on the same day or bring in together when I see the pengarah?
Thank u so much
gahpadu
post Jun 3 2019, 01:40 PM

Regular
1,411 posts

Long time never log in mysikap. Just found the price already hike from 210 to 310

Same as min ebid price
ahlin
post Jun 3 2019, 04:51 PM

Be Nice.
1,333 posts

QUOTE(WSWSJ @ Jun 3 2019, 11:07 AM)
Do I need to make an appointment before going to see the pengarah? Or just walk in and take number? The letter I submit beforehand on the same day or bring in together when I see the pengarah?
Thank u so much
No appointment is needed, just bring in the letter on the day itself. The officer told me Pengarah will normally go in office in the afternoon session, not sure about Perak's Pengarah.
WSWSJ P
post Jun 9 2019, 07:34 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(ahlin @ Jun 3 2019, 04:51 PM)
No appointment is needed, just bring in the letter on the day itself. The officer told me Pengarah will normally go in office in the afternoon session, not sure about Perak's Pengarah.
Thank you so much for all your help. Sorry I have to trouble you again.. this is a sample letter that I was planning to write but am struggling with some words and where to put in the request to extend the tempoh to 3 months.... just the main body of the letter - is there anything else I should add for reasons? Thank you so so much!

Permohonan penangguhan tempoh pendaftaran nombor pendaftaran kereta XYZ

Merujuk kepada perkara di atas, saya seperti nama di atas ingin memohon penangguhan tarikh akhir tempoh pendaftaran untuk nombor pendaftaran kereta XYZ

2. Penangguhan atas sebab-sebab tersebut
- Tempoh tunggu untuk kereta dan warna kenderaan yang diinginkan melepasi tarikh akhir tempahan nombor pendaftaran tersebut
woodentiger86
post Jun 11 2019, 04:03 PM

Budding DIY Detailer & Avid Gamer
2,414 posts

Hi everyone,

Been reading up some posts in the thread to understand some processes to apply for number plate at JPJ.

Can anyone provide a guide or updated steps [against first post in this thread back in 2013?].

Plan to go JPJ in person and apply for a new number. Asides from filling up the form and getting queue number [and avoiding runner], is there anything else I need to note? I am worried I might overlook something like didn't photostat IC etc when I visit JPJ office.

As shared earlier, I am not really aiming for any particular set of letters/running numbers so I'm open to get the desired number on the day itself. Also, only cash payment accepted at JPJ?

Sorry for the noob queries. My first time applying for number plate on my own and not via bidding process.

Thanks in advance sifus!
ahlin
post Jun 11 2019, 04:31 PM

Be Nice.
1,333 posts

QUOTE(WSWSJ @ Jun 9 2019, 07:34 PM)
Thank you so much for all your help. Sorry I have to  trouble you again.. this is a sample letter that I was planning to write but am struggling with some words and where to put in the request to extend the tempoh to 3 months.... just the main body of the letter - is there anything else I should add for reasons? Thank you so so much!

Permohonan penangguhan tempoh pendaftaran nombor pendaftaran kereta XYZ

Merujuk kepada perkara di atas, saya seperti nama di atas ingin memohon penangguhan tarikh akhir tempoh pendaftaran untuk nombor pendaftaran kereta XYZ

2. Penangguhan atas sebab-sebab tersebut
- Tempoh tunggu untuk kereta dan warna kenderaan yang diinginkan melepasi tarikh akhir tempahan nombor pendaftaran tersebut
Just simply write the reason will do, like car you booked not arrived yet. Normally Pengarah will approved.
ahlin
post Jun 11 2019, 04:33 PM

Be Nice.
1,333 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Jun 11 2019, 04:03 PM)
Hi everyone,

Been reading up some posts in the thread to understand some processes to apply for number plate at JPJ.

Can anyone provide a guide or updated steps [against first post in this thread back in 2013?].

Plan to go JPJ in person and apply for a new number. Asides from filling up the form and getting queue number [and avoiding runner], is there anything else I need to note? I am worried I might overlook something like didn't photostat IC etc when I visit JPJ office.

As shared earlier, I am not really aiming for any particular set of letters/running numbers so I'm open to get the desired number on the day itself. Also, only cash payment accepted at JPJ?

Sorry for the noob queries. My first time applying for number plate on my own and not via bidding process.

Thanks in advance sifus!
Why don't you register an account from mysikap and buy your desired number there (assuming is current running number)? Just bring your photocopy IC and visit any JPJ say you want register a mysikap account.
tangtang22
post Jun 11 2019, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Jun 11 2019, 04:03 PM)
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance sifus!
Just done this so i guess I am in a good position to share my experience.

If i could do it again, will do:

1. Go JPJ to register on MySikap
2. Go to Mysikap to find my own number
3. Pass to the dealer the receipt.

The reason is because its much easier to search for the number u like with Mysikap.

But if u still prefer to do the manual way, just bring yourself n ur ic to JPJ n tell them what number u want!

hope it helps
woodentiger86
post Jun 11 2019, 04:48 PM

2,414 posts

QUOTE(ahlin @ Jun 11 2019, 04:33 PM)
Why don't you register an account from mysikap and buy your desired number there (assuming is current running number)? Just bring your photocopy IC and visit any JPJ say you want register a mysikap account.
Ah cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Will give it a try!
woodentiger86
post Jun 19 2019, 10:42 AM

2,414 posts

Just a quick update for readers since I can share my experiences [as a 1st time] buyer too:-

Visited JPJ PJ office last Friday morning. They open at 7:45am sharp. Queue formed outside Pintu A but it was not a really long wait to get the number and crowd dispersed accordingly based on what they needed to do [renew license, road tax, etc].

Told the officer who was manning the ticket counter that I was there to get new number plate and he asked whether I had filled in the form. I didn't so he just passed me a copy on the spot & asked for a photostat copy of my IC. Thankfully there was a small booth offering photostat services that opened early as well so I could settle that on the spot.

Filling up the form was a rather straight-forward affair, as I was only looking to get a particular number irregardless of state-alphabet prefix.

Once my number was called, I just handed the form with the desired number, and the officer asked me to indicate which state I wanted. My bad for thinking that he could check for all states in one go but eventually I realised that he needed to select the state from the dropdown list each time so I just rattled off a few states in the hopes that the number is available.

3rd try and it was successful - paid RM310 there and then. I was pleasantly surprised at how quick the whole thing was, I was done before 830am.

On a side note, I recalled some suggestions for me to get a MySikap account so that I can check on the available numbers in the future, so I also gotten my login details at the ticket counter before leaving the JPJ office.

As shared elsewhere, all they required was your email address and MyKad and they will ask you to check your email on the spot whether any email from Pentadbir JPJ was received.

All in all, a very productive and hassle-free visit to the JPJ!

Kudos!
daTUK_SErI
post Jul 5 2019, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

Guys.. just asking.. possible to 'retired' a plate number so that we can put any plate number that we want. instead of purchase a new vehicle..
Tan&tan
post Jul 6 2019, 02:11 AM

Enthusiast
703 posts

QUOTE(daTUK_SErI @ Jul 5 2019, 11:07 AM)
Guys.. just asking.. possible to 'retired' a plate number so that we can put any plate number that we want. instead of purchase a new vehicle..
Ok latuk

142 Pages « < 136 137 138 139 140 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0255sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:54 AM