205 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TM HyppTV, Primetime. Anytime. Everytime

views

TSpowerwoot
post Aug 11 2013, 04:03 PM, updated 6y ago

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

I see the TM HyppTV discussions mostly divided and scattered allover to Unifi and Streamyx 8mbps or 4mbps threads in network and broadband category. Due to the home entertainment IPTV feature it has, I believe this is the correct place to discuss and share.

Ok let's roll something what's been offer by TM HyppTV now

2015 current new packs are:-

1. HyppTV Jumbo at RM60/month
user posted image

2. HyppTV Aneka at RM30/month
user posted image

3. HyppTV Sports at RM50/month
user posted image

4. HyppTV Varnam at RM30/month
user posted image

The old premium packs are:-
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I am just opt for this service for 8mbps user, and activated not more than a week ago. Not much I know about about hypptv compared to our friends of unifi that already into hypptv since 2010? blush.gif I am given a STB unit under Huawei brand EC6106V5 which is run by android.

I got few questions here, feel free to share with others too. I am on trial basis as if this trial ended I am only able to watch free 17 channels. Currently under this trial am still getting to watch all 64 channels.

1- How long this trial lasts from the 1st day of activation, some said 30 days and some said 60 days.
2- I am thinking to opt for Platinum and Sports Pack at RM30 + RM 30, so the next bill will be RM160 + 60 which will be RM220. It really worth it?
3- For the unit itself, I am find difficult to switch off it, do you experience the same?

Channels listing for unifi
user posted image

Channels listing for streamyx <<It says HD for some channels, but actually it is not. Misleading eh, HyppTV? shakehead.gif
user posted image

Channels listing for Everywhere
user posted image
Source of HyppTV Everywhere apps:-
HyppTV Everywhere for Android (phone)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...huawei.phone.tm
HyppTV Everywhere for Android (tablet)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...m.huawei.pad.tm
For desktop (for Windows only and run in browser)
https://hypptv.tm.com.my:35002/EPG/jsp/webtv/download.jsp
HyppTV for Apple devices
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hypptv-ever...d634308843?mt=8

HyppTV website https://www.tm.com.my/hypptv/Pages/home.aspx
HyppTV on FB https://www.facebook.com/hyppworld
HyppTV on Twitter https://twitter.com/HyppTV
TM on Twitter https://twitter.com/TMConnects (Technical issues and Promotion updates)

Streamyx's STB Huawei EC6106V5 hacking thread https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3183503
Do it with your own risk as it will:-
- may turn your STB to an alien spaceship
- may turn into a brick
- may violated the warranty
biggrin.gif

Disclaimer: all HyppTV images and templates shown here is/are correct as all are hot linked directly from current TM's website, they may change any of it's contents as they wish from time to time.

This post has been edited by powerwoot: Jan 22 2015, 06:55 PM
iiam
post Aug 11 2013, 04:31 PM

Join the green side of the force...
637 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Aug 11 2013, 04:03 PM)
1- How long this trial lasts from the 1st day of activation, some said 30 days and some said 60 days.
2- I am thinking to opt for Platinum and Sports Pack at RM30 + RM 30, so the next bill will be RM160 + 60 which will be RM220. It really worth it?
3- For the unit itself, I am find difficult to switch off it, do you experience the same?
1. i've been using unifi + hypptv for almost 2 years. my promo back then was 30 days for hypptv.
2. im quite tempted by their new sports pack since they have 2 astro channels but lack of Motorsport show gave me second thought. FYI, i only subscribe for Warner TV cuz got latest TV show like Arrow, Big Bang Theory etc. i don't think platinum pack is essential for me. I always watch Warner TV and Travel channel.
3. difficult to switch off? hmm.gif i dont have that problem. usually turn off the main power from the plug.
susa
post Aug 11 2013, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

If we use hyyptv ....speed internet will be slow or statstik pakej we paid...
mihawk
post Aug 11 2013, 08:36 PM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(susa @ Aug 11 2013, 05:11 PM)
Hypptv uses its own dedicated line from the modem, so it wont affect your internet speed, dont worry smile.gif
TSpowerwoot
post Aug 11 2013, 10:17 PM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

QUOTE(iiam @ Aug 11 2013, 04:31 PM)
1. i've been using unifi + hypptv for almost 2 years. my promo back then was 30 days for hypptv.
2. im quite tempted by their new sports pack since they have 2 astro channels but lack of Motorsport show gave me second thought. FYI, i only subscribe for Warner TV cuz got latest TV show like Arrow, Big Bang Theory etc. i don't think platinum pack is essential for me. I always watch Warner TV and Travel channel.
3. difficult to switch off?  hmm.gif i dont have that problem. usually turn off the main power from the plug.
I believe it will be 30 days of trial nod.gif
The Sports pack will be at RM30 if we register during the promotional period, any later than that will be at at RM50, me too find it tempting. What I am afraid is the RM30 price also is also a periodical promotion and still they will charge RM50 at the end sweat.gif
Yup, the model EC8106v6 what I am having now I have to press the on/off button for many times to off it, tried a single short press and a single long press also still the same. Switching it on however is normal.

I am feel confused how to use the remote, it has 2 power on button. The right on and off between the working and standby. The left one does nothing, what is the really function actually. Still, the on/off function either from the remote or the unit itself really bugs me sad.gif
TSpowerwoot
post Aug 11 2013, 10:22 PM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

QUOTE(susa @ Aug 11 2013, 05:11 PM)
yup, there is no major issue of connection lagging if we use both the internet and hypptv at the same time. I tried watching youtube in fullscreen HD either in 720p or 1080p with no problem.
voscar
post Aug 11 2013, 10:44 PM

Regular
1,458 posts

Sports pack mostly on football, no live badminton broadcast. Only got astro supersport 1 & 2 HD, but NO 3 & 4 which are mostly for badminton and tennis. I would've subscribe it to watch the BWF badminton championship if it has supersport 4...
TSpowerwoot
post Aug 11 2013, 10:53 PM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Aug 11 2013, 10:44 PM)
Sports pack mostly on football, no live badminton broadcast. Only got astro supersport 1 & 2 HD, but NO 3 & 4 which are mostly for badminton and tennis. I would've subscribe it to watch the BWF badminton championship if it has supersport 4...
yup, they should widened the offering not just giving the football highlights only. But football is multi billion dollar business especially the english premier league, most providers see this as investments and good ROI nod.gif
travis8481
post Aug 11 2013, 11:03 PM

On my way
674 posts

Beware of the term & condition. I believe they will force you to bind contract for 2 years. Hate this, I'm waiting my contract to expire now, n may be change to abxness or time broadband for faster Internet speed wif less $$$$
TSpowerwoot
post Aug 11 2013, 11:15 PM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

QUOTE(travis8481 @ Aug 11 2013, 11:03 PM)
Beware of the term & condition. I believe they will force you to bind contract for 2 years. Hate this, I'm waiting my contract to expire now, n may be change to abxness or time broadband for faster Internet speed wif less $$$$
yes I do aware of the extension of another 2 years contract and I don't mind that. This is due to lack of broadband choices due to my location is considered far and fibre offering is not possible. The available broadband providers mostly from the telco company and from Yes. The best currently is streamyx 8mbps which is what I am subscribing now.

mun88
post Aug 12 2013, 09:51 AM

Enthusiast
820 posts

now i in process upgrade to 8m. for my place only have streamyx and support to 8m . may i know hypp tv picture quality in streamyx 8m it is same with unifi hypp tv ???
vergas
post Aug 12 2013, 10:15 AM

Regular
1,486 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Aug 11 2013, 10:17 PM)
I am feel confused how to use the remote, it has 2 power on button. The right on and off between the working and standby. The left one does nothing, what is the really function actually. Still, the on/off function either from the remote or the unit itself really bugs me  sad.gif
The left one is for TV. You need to make it learn from your TV remove controller first. http://www.tm.com.my/hypptv/pages/about.aspx?id=1#remote
RAMChYLD
post Aug 12 2013, 10:38 AM

Regular
1,715 posts

QUOTE(mun88 @ Aug 12 2013, 09:51 AM)
now i in process upgrade to 8m. for my place only have streamyx and support to 8m . may i know hypp tv picture quality in streamyx 8m it is same with unifi hypp tv ???
I think for Streamyx the case is YMMV. Since Streamyx is based on ADSL2+/VDSL technology, the line speed is best effort instead of guaranteed. So depending on your line quality, HyppTV may look worse compared to UniFi. Also, HD channels may not be as clear because again, it's up to your line quality.
TSpowerwoot
post Aug 12 2013, 02:32 PM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

QUOTE(vergas @ Aug 12 2013, 10:15 AM)
The left one is for TV. You need to make it learn from your TV remove controller first. http://www.tm.com.my/hypptv/pages/about.aspx?id=1#remote
I see, now wonder it does nothing, will try this later on.
TSpowerwoot
post Aug 12 2013, 02:37 PM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

QUOTE(mun88 @ Aug 12 2013, 09:51 AM)
I am yet to see the HD performance under Unifi connection, and the same I am yet to experienced the HD under streamyx as well due to I am still using the classic 21" CRT TV under PAL tongue.gif but for speed I am finding there are no lagging playing hypptv and streaming youtube with HD fullscreen at the same time icon_idea.gif
TSpowerwoot
post Aug 12 2013, 10:46 PM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

Searching over I found this on how to 'give a learn mode to the STB's remote control. But this is based on the Unifi's STB and not the the current model for 8mbps streamyx users

You know the STB remote control can actually LEARN 4 buttons of your existing TV remote? Maybe you want to blog about it. How?
1) Point your TV remote to STB's remote.
2) Press and hold "Scan" button for about 2 seconds. The green LED will lit up permanently and remote is in learning mode.
3) Press the BLUE POWER button and green LED starts blinking. The remote is ready to learn IR patterns of your TV's POWER button
4) Press and hold your TV remote POWER button until the green LED of STB's remote stop blinking
5) Press "Scan" button again to off the learning mode
6) Do the same to "TV/AV" ,VOL+/- buttons
The same method applies to current Huawei EC6106V5?
MrSpeedy
post Aug 15 2013, 07:29 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Aug 11 2013, 10:17 PM)
I am feel confused how to use the remote, it has 2 power on button. The right on and off between the working and standby. The left one does nothing, what is the really function actually. Still, the on/off function either from the remote or the unit itself really bugs me  sad.gif
*DELETED*

This post has been edited by MrSpeedy: Aug 15 2013, 07:30 AM
MrSpeedy
post Aug 15 2013, 07:32 AM

Casual
459 posts

How about YouTube apps for HyppTV, does it working?
vergas
post Aug 15 2013, 08:34 AM

Regular
1,486 posts

QUOTE(MrSpeedy @ Aug 15 2013, 07:32 AM)
How about YouTube apps for HyppTV, does it working?
Yes, mine (unifi) is working well. My kids use it very often. TM if you are reading this PLEASE install parental control to block youtube (when need be).
mun88
post Aug 15 2013, 08:48 AM

Enthusiast
820 posts

QUOTE(vergas @ Aug 15 2013, 08:34 AM)
Yes, mine (unifi) is working well. My kids use it very often. TM if you are reading this PLEASE install parental control to block youtube (when need be).
if use android system can erase youtube app

205 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1731sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:38 AM